• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Those aren't the textures he's referring to. Takes shots of snow.

Oh, I see what you did there. ;)

Doc Evils

I never noticed those nasty textures before:

24n09sm.jpg

2gy2h09.jpg

282i45w.jpg

I blame DVD:)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Wow guys, I feel a lot better now that I know it's normal. I was turning paranoid because I though it was my GPU or something. I was inspecting the textures in TF2 and everything. :lol

:p

purg3

slept with Malkin

Naruto

Is it just me or is the draw distance in this game really really bad?

Processor Quad Core Q6600 2.4Ghz
Geforce 8800GT 512Mb
4GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz
Windows XP running DX9 of course.

All settings are set to High, resolution - 1024X768.

Thanks.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
ok so I just got my new rig today, intel quad core 2.4, 4GB RAM, and an 8800GTS

Now it doesnt seem right that I have to run crysis on almost all medium settings, no AA, and at lower than my screens native res (I think I have it at like 1200something x 1050 right now)

I downloaded the patch, updated windows ... what else can i do?

Kodiak said:
ok so I just got my new rig today, intel quad core 2.4, 4GB RAM, and an 8800GTS

Now it doesnt seem right that I have to run crysis on almost all medium settings, no AA, and at lower than my screens native res (I think I have it at like 1200something x 1050 right now)

I downloaded the patch, updated windows ... what else can i do?

Heres the deal, u gotta mix and match with Crysis...Shadows @ med, Objects @ med, if thats not good enough ull see a huuge boost with Textures @ med or ur other option would be post processing @ med. Try it.

LiveWire

Anyone else stuck on the "Recovery" level? I met the hostage, killed the tanks, but the mission doesn't proceed. I've tried walking back and forth across the bridge, I even did the secondary objective (log-in to KPA network--which also didn't register as complete when I used the computer).

Do I have to reload a save? If so, how far back must I reload?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
LiveWire said:
Anyone else stuck on the "Recovery" level? I met the hostage, killed the tanks, but the mission doesn't proceed. I've tried walking back and forth across the bridge, I even did the secondary objective (log-in to KPA network--which also didn't register as complete when I used the computer).

Do I have to reload a save? If so, how far back must I reload?
The first couple times I played through the mission, I had no issues, but on my most recent playthrough on Delta the mission had the same glitch. I met the hostage, killed the tanks, and then followed the waypoint to the spot marked up in the woods (where it claims I'm to meet with Prophet). However, upon reaching the waypoint, you'll find that there is nothing there.

I remember reading that you could also mess up that level by doing the hostage thing in reverse or something (going to the school first).

I also ran into a bug with a mission a bit later on where you have to take out a copter to proceed, but the helicopter is miles above the level. Eventually, after messing around with reloading my save, the copter just fell out of the sky and I had to swim down into the depths of the ocean to dispatch it.

I suppose these things are to be expected in such an open ended yet cinematic game.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
purg3 said:
I got rid of the HP config and tried this one out. I think I like it better, it's a bit subtle but my performance and framerate don't seem to take a huge hit like it did with HP's. I'm averaging 10-18fps higher with this one compared to HP's, so I'll probably stick to just using this for now.

That's Crytek's config. ;)

It's basically the DX10 settings applied in DX9. :D

traveler

Not Wario
Naruto said:

Geforce 8800GT 512Mb
4GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz

Thanks.

It was bugging me to. I think you can set it to be longer, though, if you wish and are willing to sacrifice a few frames. (Or sac some detail to keep the fr constant)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Naruto said:

Geforce 8800GT 512Mb
4GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz

Thanks.
Try some commands.

e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation [#]
That pretty much get's rid of the plant pop in.

e_view_dist_ratio [#]
That helps with any object draw distance.

e_view_dist_custom_ratio [#]
That helps with enemy and vehicle draw distance.

But before all of this you have to allow your console to complete multiple commands.

Enter:
con_restricted 0

Then feel free to mess with anything.

BTW the VTOL is friggin' annoying to control, let alone kill things with.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I've been working through Crysis on Delta and loving it. It's really a better experience and I wish I would have tackled it on this difficultly to start out. It's not too unforgiving, but it really makes you sit back and scout things out and try to look for the best infiltration methods. I've been places I totally missed last time out because I was able to take on a dozen KPA troops in one go.

ScreenShot0002-1.jpg

ScreenShot0005-1.jpg

ScreenShot0011-1.jpg

ScreenShot0019-1.jpg

ScreenShot0021-1.jpg

ScreenShot0036.jpg

ScreenShot0037.jpg

rabhw

That map looks awesome urk...

I've just reinstalled the game as I'm planning on doing a playthrough on a higher difficulty myself, is there a "best" config these days for awesome visuals + decent performance? I still have HP Config 1.3 Final, I don't know if something better has been released since then...

I am on a Q6600, 4gb ram, 8800 ultra, but my monitor's native res is 1920x1200, suffice to say I want to keep awesome visuals, but running at that res is pretty costly in performance.

CFG suggestions would be nice.

mr stroke

rabhw said:
That map looks awesome urk...

I've just reinstalled the game as I'm planning on doing a playthrough on a higher difficulty myself, is there a "best" config these days for awesome visuals + decent performance? I still have HP Config 1.3 Final, I don't know if something better has been released since then...

I am on a Q6600, 4gb ram, 8800 ultra, but my monitor's native res is 1920x1200, suffice to say I want to keep awesome visuals, but running at that res is pretty costly in performance.

CFG suggestions would be nice.

what kind of fps are you getting with your set up now? I don't think there is anything now that can get 30-40fps at 1920x1200 w/high settings other than 3 Sli Ultras?

rabhw

Anywhere from 15-30fps, usually somewhere in the middle :/

But with HP's config I seemed to notice it less (placebo?) or maybe the performance was just a bit better.

Crysis looks so incredible. Granted I have to play it on my 1280x1024 monitor (syncmaster 172x if anyone is curious) to get consistent performance on High custom configs, but it's worth it. Crysis also has deep gameplay - turn on Delta mode and it becomes a whole new ball game. I see lots of Crysis talk everywhere and 99% of it is either about graphics or hardware. I don't think Delta mode with all its stealthy gameplay and tactical options available to the player get enough attention or credit. You go into an enemy camp with your tactical attachment and cameo, and you will end up with great satisfaction. I dislike it when people go 'oh tech demo'. There is a surprisingly good game behind the lustre.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Zedsdeadbaby said:
Crysis looks so incredible. Granted I have to play it on my 1280x1024 monitor (syncmaster 172x if anyone is curious) to get consistent performance on High custom configs, but it's worth it. Crysis also has deep gameplay - turn on Delta mode and it becomes a whole new ball game. I see lots of Crysis talk everywhere and 99% of it is either about graphics or hardware. I don't think Delta mode with all its stealthy gameplay and tactical options available to the player get enough attention or credit. You go into an enemy camp with your tactical attachment and cameo, and you will end up with great satisfaction. I dislike it when people go 'oh tech demo'. There is a surprisingly good game behind the lustre.

The game definitely has depth. When it comes out to consoles (and if it runs good), I'm sure everyone will realize it.

Brannon

Wise from you gwave!

Man.

I'm in a forest with my cloak at 20 percent hoping the last of the squads pass by. They do, and I'm thankful, but suddenly I spot a straggler and my cloak gives out. I watch my energy bar rise, but it was too slow, and he started getting suspicious and walking toward me. No rounds left in any of my weapons, I decide to risk it all and use whatever energy I had to max speed + jump at and grab him before he could finish yelling an alarm. We decide to have a little chat in the bushes...

That's not the only time I had to make such a rash decision; this game is full of do-or-die moments, and I haven't even made it a quarter of the way through yet. I'm loving it.

-SD-

Banned
Brannon said:
That's not the only time I had to make such a rash decision; this game is full of do-or-die moments, and I haven't even made it a quarter of the way through yet. I'm loving it.
What difficulty setting? Delta for the win :)

Crytek should have gotten the award for "Best Firefights in an FPS game".

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Agent Icebeezy said:
I wonder why behind doors and if this is the version shown, this is likely the platform lead.

Probably still very early and not for public consumption. And we know straight from the source that Crytek has been working on PS3 content for some time now, so I don't know that we can expect them to just port any of their titles cross platform at all.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Two big single player ones:

*Increased player melee damage and decreased AI melee damage
*Increased damage of most player-fired weapons and decreased damage of most AI-fired weapons.

Indeed

Alright, finished the game for the first time some minutes ago.
I was playing on Delta and had a blast. Until i got to the
Alienspaceship
that is.
Is it just me or is the first half of the game, stalking through the jungle and fighting koreans just much more fun than vehicle sections and blue squids?
And the game looks freaking amazing. Played it on a Q6600 with a 8800Gt and 4gigs of ram on a 64bit vista system with DX9. Had everything on high and had acceptable framerates.
Looking forward tot he sequel!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
BeeDog said:
What the fuck, didn't notice that. So they have essentially made the game easier. :(

Yup. There were a lot of complaints about KPA soaking up bullets. I assume this is to address that.

I always found it odd to see people complain about Crysis' difficulty level. I find it pretty lenient, even on Delta, though it was always odd to pump a soldier full of rounds and have him stay on his feet.

rabhw

urk said:
Yup. There were a lot of complaints about KPA soaking up bullets. I assume this is to address that.

I always found it odd to see people complain about Crysis' difficulty level. I find it pretty lenient, even on Delta, though it was always odd to pump a soldier full of rounds and have him stay on his feet.

I enjoy the threat and challenge of the AI in terms of grouping, crowing, and their communication between each other.

What I still don't like is how on Delta, at least to me, you're essentially helpless when fighting a large group of enemies at close range. The enemy's level of awareness seems to have DIRECT correlation with how much damage it takes to kill them, which in my mind, is silly.

I can hit a guy in the head with a single bullet from far away and he'll die, as long as he isn't aware of me. But if I miss him on my first shot for whatever reason, he'll become aware of me, and subsequent shots to the head will just cause him to go "augh" "ooh" "augh" "ow" until he dies on the 6th bullet.

Hopefully this helps alleviate that.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
rabhw said:
I can hit a guy in the head with a single bullet from far away and he'll die, as long as he isn't aware of me. But if I miss him on my first shot for whatever reason, he'll become aware of me, and subsequent shots to the head will just cause him to go "augh" "ooh" "augh" "ow" until he dies on the 6th bullet.

Hopefully this helps alleviate that.

*Helmets will never deflect shots when the player hits them while using weapon sights.

That might be this little bugger giving you fits. Looks like if you aren't sighted, the enemy helmet can deflect bullets.

I beat Crysis on delta for the first time last month and I gotta say this is definitely the best fps of 2007.
Its not just the graphics but the overall layout of the enemies, open-sandbox environments, and the way the enemies attack you is awesome.
Theres nothing like being hunted by the kpa wearing nanosuits. I just hope part 2 has more human combat than alien.

The new patch makes me want to play the game again.

Haunted

Got me a 8800GT this week.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

Not reading the thread because I'm not done with my first playthrough yet, but I just have to voice my enthusiasm here. Screens and videos do not do this game justice at all. And the graphics are just one part of the equation, the game absolutely excels in almost all other areas. This game is just brilliant brilliant brilliant. Damn, if I had played this earlier this would've been above all other FPSs in my GOTY 2007 list. Heads and shoulders.

Damn, this baby is intense.

Doc Evils

1.2 seems to have done a massive fix on the framerates near the water. On recovery I used to get huge dips, but now everything seems to run smoothly.

Haunted One said:
Got me a 8800GT this week.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

Not reading the thread because I'm not done with my first playthrough yet, but I just have to voice my enthusiasm here. Screens and videos do not do this game justice at all. And the graphics are just one part of the equation, the game absolutely excels in almost all other areas. This game is just brilliant brilliant brilliant. Damn, if I had played this earlier this would've been above all other FPSs in my GOTY 2007 list. Heads and shoulders.

Damn, this baby is intense.

pretty much the same experience...

I have a dell xps 1530 laptop with 4 gig ram... and the game runs on mostly on high settings, with shadows and physics on medium...it looks stunning and runs well. Also, the is probably one, if not the best, fps Ive ever played...and I've recently being playing bioshock and HL2...gameplay and graphics in this game have raised the genre

Shoho

Banned
I am at the point where you the world has frozen, but I dont feel like continuing. I am surprised that the story has not grabbed me. I feel that I am just running around doing the same crap. vehicles so far have not been so much fun due to the lack of terrain to use them.

I might just suck but the only way that I can win is by covering small amounts of ground at a time, using stealth and just picking them off one by one... and then run away, and use invisible again, and so on.

I can see the variety but.. I dont know. I am really surprised that I am not more into it.

I also think its a bit spooky. many of the sound effect scares the crap out of me, and now all my teammates are gone.

Top Bottom