• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

NameGenerated said:
Try some commands.

e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation [#]
That pretty much get's rid of the plant pop in.

e_view_dist_ratio [#]
That helps with any object draw distance.

e_view_dist_custom_ratio [#]
That helps with enemy and vehicle draw distance.

But before all of this you have to allow your console to complete multiple commands.

Enter:
con_restricted 0

Then feel free to mess with anything.

BTW the VTOL is friggin' annoying to control, let alone kill things with.

okay, managed to get it to work, does seem to reduce pop in somewhat...just put the value after ratio etc, not in the brackets

bee

cant wait for the big crysis mods to be released

j96261.jpg

:D

Momar

aka Ryder
Just finished... man. What a game, what a game. I have some great 1920x1200 screenshots... here's a few:

2vihxf7.jpg

mjltp2.jpg

9jnprl.jpg

And, my favorite one, it's my current desktop:

2hppr15.jpg

I have a bunch more in full 1920x1200 res, let me know if you want 'em!

xabre

Banned
I was playing the demo on high settings at 1920x1200 and the frame rate held up remarkably well. I was wondering how would things fare in the game proper? The graphics card is a 9600gt.

Momar

aka Ryder
Manp said:
god i hated that level... just thinking about it makes me sick

:)

Me too... but it loooookeedd sooo goooooooooddddd /drooooolll

I got quite a few wallpaper-worthy screenshots out of that place. Here are some more (resized of course, PM me if you want a full sized version).

Wooooormmmhooooooolllleee... !
1410diu.png

I've made a huge mistake.
33o4dvn.png

Oh my...
33lzak5.png

aznpxdd

LTTP, but finally got around to playing Crysis on my new rig (E8400 + 8800GT + 8GB ram). I'm using the "Cuban Ultima Doom Sword's Custom Crysis Config [CCC] v1.31" on level 4 and all I can say is WOW. This game graphically blows away everything I've seen (cliched, but still!).

aznpxdd

Heh yeah originally I "only" had 4gb, but the exact same ram I got went onsale again for $55 AR. How can I resist? 4gb of ram for $55! But yeah, Vista Ultimate x64 eats up 1gb+ of ram doing nothing, so I guess it can't hurt to have more.

There are already shitload of screenshots in this thread, but fuck it, gotta share some of my shots!

crysis642008-03-2817-08-34-38.jpg

crysis642008-03-2817-07-30-90.jpg

aznpxdd

Damn finally beat Relic, that was a awesome level...hiding from the helicopter and the nano-suit koreans at the LZ. Just started Assault and HOLY SHIT, so damn cinematic.

eznark

Banned
I picked this game up yesterday pretty much because I wanted to play the most demanding game on the first computer I built. I'm running everything on high, not ALL that impressed. The game looks awesome and runs great and all, but I was expecting to be more blown away guess. Again, I'm only like 30 minutes in so...

Does anyone play the multi player? I watched the tutorial and that seems like some cool shit.

eznark said:
I picked this game up yesterday pretty much because I wanted to play the most demanding game on the first computer I built. I'm running everything on high, not ALL that impressed. The game looks awesome and runs great and all, but I was expecting to be more blown away guess. Again, I'm only like 30 minutes in so...

Does anyone play the multi player? I watched the tutorial and that seems like some cool shit.
Are you running tweaked high or just vanilla?

eznark

Banned
I was just poking around on crymod.com and found what looks like a nice config: Lexus Silentium. Anyone have any experience with it, or know of a better option?

Can someone remind me here, does this game even require a key? I'm selling this, and I can not for the life of find the key anywhere on the package or in the manual. Now I'm getting suspicious that it never actually required a key, but I certainly don't want to sell a game without a key if I'm wrong about that. Anyone?

Never mind, it was right there, duh.

aznpxdd

Hm, just got to Paradise Lost (icy level) and what the fuck happened to my FPS? Before here, I get get an average of 30-40 FPS and dips to 20's during huge firefight, but now I'm getting 10-15 FPS and its pretty much unplayable. I'll probably lower my settings to get through this part but it seems pretty ridiculous that I have to lower my settings with e8400 & 8800gt playing at 1280x1024.

Manp

Ryder said:
Me too... but it loooookeedd sooo goooooooooddddd /drooooolll
ahh... so true :lol

zoku88 said:
8GB. what do you do with all of that?
i'm going to buy another 4 gigs for my rig (8 in total) in a week or so. it's really inexpensive nowadays (unless it's ddr3) and more ram is never a bad thing :D

:)

Ive been playing Cryis on my 42" Panny Plasma with the XBox 360 controller and it has been a fantastic experience so far. Running at 1920x1080 with every on mid settings. Still looks fantastic and it plays well with the Xbox 360 controller.

wloi6f.jpg

vqlkqp.jpg

2jwcg1.jpg

wty36c.jpg

I just bought a 30" Apple Cinema Display so I'll be switching over to that but it was great playing on the plasma.

rabhw

aznpxdd said:
Heh yeah originally I "only" had 4gb, but the exact same ram I got went onsale again for $55 AR. How can I resist? 4gb of ram for $55! But yeah, Vista Ultimate x64 eats up 1gb+ of ram doing nothing, so I guess it can't hurt to have more.

There are already shitload of screenshots in this thread, but fuck it, gotta share some of my shots!

What config are you running? Besides not being in widescreen, your screenshots are gorgeous! I'm looking for a new config to try, I find a lot of them go overboard on the contrast of the shadows.

I just started playing Crysis again on my new computer and wow, this game looks amazing! I played it on my old computer on low and really enjoyed it, but now im running it very high on everything and its going 20-30 fps for the most part. Im thinking of switching it to high to make it a bit more smooth (unless there are any tweaks or something anyone knows of).

I just tried out multiplayer for the first time in this game and its pretty decent. I was expecting it to be a janky Battlefield clone, but it is pretty fun to dash around someone switch to strength and clock them in the head.

aznpxdd

Woo, just beat the game this morning. The graphics on the cruiseship wow'ed me again, the combination of the water and lighting made the inside look almost photo-realistic. Then the last battle(s), what an epic (although cliched) ending. Can't wait for the 2nd game in the trilogy...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I have a Vista 64 with 8Gigs of Ram, a Radeon 3870HD X2 and a Phenom 9850. What sort of performance should I expect from Crysis? My current 3DMark 06 score without any driver updated and with only 2 Gigs of Ram (4 more on the mail, and 2 Gigs came defective) was 13200. I want to buy the game, but only if it will run like butter on my PC, if not, I better don't bother, I am style a console gamer.

Spoit

godhandiscen said:
I have a Vista 64 with 8Gigs of Ram, a Radeon 3870HD X2 and a Phenom 9850. What sort of performance should I expect from Crysis? My current 3DMark 06 score without any driver updated and with only 2 Gigs of Ram (4 more on the mail, and 2 Gigs came defective) was 13200. I want to buy the game, but only if it will run like butter on my PC, if not, I better don't bother, I am style a console gamer.
You should be perfectly fine, but if you're still worrying, download the demo but keep in mind that the patches improved the performance a lot

dLMN8R

godhandiscen said:
I really hope you're kidding about being worried...Crysis will run fuckin beautifully on High details on your system.

godhandiscen

Crysis is running choppy at 1200x768 High Settings. Judging by my hardware and comments online it shouldnt. Could this due to my RAM 2Gigs (I will get 4 more on Monday)? I am running Vista 64 btw.

Also do I have to deal with Gamespy for multiplayer? Fuck their interface sucks (it even lags on my desktop), couldn't EA implement something better, or at least switch to Steam. I am sick of my avatar being a paperbag, any way to change it?

godhandiscen

Can anybody help me configuring Crysis?

The game gets choppy when I go into the beach. I am running everything at high, but according to hardware reviews, I shouldnt get such a low performance. Is it really the ram or I should give up about running it at high? I also tried medium and the framerate was almost the same, around 20fps when in combat in the beach, so it has to be another bottleneck, not the videocard.

Hey aznpxdd at what res are you running the game?

rabhw

godhandiscen said:
Can anybody help me configuring Crysis?

The game gets choppy when I go into the beach. I am running everything at high, but according to hardware reviews, I shouldnt get such a low performance. Is it really the ram or I should give up about running it at high? I also tried medium and the framerate was almost the same, around 20fps when in combat in the beach, so it has to be another bottleneck, not the videocard.

Hey aznpxdd at what res are you running the game?

What resolution are you running at? What are your specs?

Edit: nevermind I see your res above. But what are your specs?
Edit2: I'm an idiot I see your specs above.

I would recommend giving some of the "tweaked" configs a try.

CCC Config: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18999

Try the "level 4" install, it's up to you if you want to install the "ToD (Time of day)" tweaks or not.

godhandiscen

rabhw said:
What resolution are you running at? What are your specs?
1280x768 High Setttings no Aliasing.

Vista 64
Phenom 9850 (Quad Core 2.56GHz)
FX90 Mobo (Hyper Transport 3.0)
2 Gigs of Ram
ATI Radeon 3870 X 2 (1 Gig DDR3 Video Ram).

I also have the latest Catalyst driver and Crysis patch 1.2.

rabhw

Sorry for the posting mess, check above for some help.

For clarity sake, download this it should have an installer that is fairly self explanitory.

You'll want to install it as an "autoexec.cfg" and not "system.cfg" (it's an option in the installer).

By default the lvl4 config will disable motion blur, but see how your performance is before, and if you're satisfied then you can start enabling stuff again. The level 4 config is still really gorgeous though, I used it for my most recent playthrough. Also, the early beach scene is pretty damn demanding, so you might want to wait until it's daytime before signing off on your computer's performance. It's a nice rig you have, Crysis brings just about everything to it's knees.

godhandiscen

Also, should I run the 64 or 32 bit version (which looks better uses less performance, etc)?
How do I know If I have Dx10 mode enabled?
Is there any way to get rid of the DVD on drive requirement?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Your RAM should be just fine unless Vista is eating a ton of it (which it might be). You might want to make a profile for gaming and kill a tone of the unnecessary services and bloatware.

You sure your RAM is running Dual Channel?

godhandiscen

urk said:
Your RAM should be just fine unless Vista is eating a ton of it (which it might be). You might want to make a profile for gaming and kill a tone of the unnecessary services and bloatware.

You sure your RAM is running Dual Channel?
How do I check? Its this ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145176
Only one DIMM because the other one didn't pass MEMTEST86 and was giving me BSOD.

How do I create a game profile?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
That's it. You need two memory modules installed in order to run dual channel. Get that second stick in if you can. They have to be in the same back as well.

You can set up a second profile in the user management panel in Vista, but I'd get the ram up to speed first. Cutting services isn't going to make a monster difference.

godhandiscen

urk said:
That's it. You need two memory modules installed in order to run dual channel. Get that second stick in if you can. They have to be in the same back as well.

You can set up a second profile in the user management panel in Vista, but I'd get the ram up to speed first. Cutting services isn't going to make a monster difference.
Love you Urk. So how can I check at which speed my ram is running at now?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
godhandiscen said:
Love you Urk. So how can I check at which speed my ram is running at now?

You should be able to look in the bios and see the current speed it's running at.

godhandiscen

Last thing, can I get a save file of a high demanding area in the game for testing? I don't care if I get spoiled.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
godhandiscen said:
Last thing, can I get a save file of a high demanding area in the game for testing? I don't care if I get spoiled.

Crytek has three built-in tests you can run. Two for the GPU and one for the CPU. If I remember correctly, a couple of them are really nasty. Like brought my rig to a black screen at points nasty.

godhandiscen

urk said:
Crytek has three built-in tests you can run. Two for the GPU and one for the CPU. If I remember correctly, a couple of them are really nasty. Like brought my rig to a black screen at points nasty.
WTF? I missed these.

Top Bottom