• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

famousmortimer said:
It does, but the file stays 3026mb after the install. Come to think of it, I don't remember any PSN download expanding after an install.

PS3 HAZ LESS POLYGHANZ AN REZZOLOOSHUNS CONFIRMEDDED?!?!!!

Mass Effect 2 does I think, it's 22+gb after installs

Vol5 said:
Interested in some PS3 stills. C2 was sub-HD. Wondering if same for Crysis PS3?

to be fair, Xbox360 sku of Cry2 is also subHD

Still waiting for a face-off on this before I bite though. Like others said, glad they fixed the UI stretch in the PS3 version. Shame they can't go back and patch Crysis2 with it as well.

nomis

LuchaShaq said:
Thought about buying this on xbla because I assumed it would be 10-15 TOPS.

7.50 on steam 20$ on Live.

Fuck off with that pricing, probably won't even bother now because this puts me off so hard.

$15? BOUGHT.

$20? FUCK THAT SHIT.

It's not like they put any extra work into the console versions. A simple Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V if you will.

Rainy Dog

AgentOtaku said:
Like others said, glad they fixed the UI stretch in the PS3 version. Shame they can't go back and patch Crysis2 with it as well.

Is this definitely confirmed? Great news if so.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I did really want to try out the nano suit 2.0 after playin the 2nd game on my pc. I could probably live with using dual sticks just to try out a few different playstyles in crysis that i couldn't pull off as well because of the power wheel...

20 bucks? ... why not.

-SD-

Banned
MarshMellow96 said:
So can you actually climb onto that boat at the beginning?
It'll shoot you dead if you go near enough. It's a way to create a limited game play area into the game.

hiverbon

Neo Member
-SD- said:
It'll shoot you dead if you go near enough. It's a way to create a limited game play area into the game.

The boat being driven around by koreans or the big destroyer in the background? Because you can get on the KPA one by speed swimming out of the water, but yeah the destroyer just serves to enclose gameplay space without invisible walls.

Putty

Digital-Hero said:

Looks very impressive i think. Looks pretty close to the 360 version. DF article is due anytime now, but looks smoother than C2 at least. A double dip looks to be on the cards. Had it on the pc back in 2007 running on a 3870x2.

hiverbon said:
The boat being driven around by koreans or the big destroyer in the background? Because you can get on the KPA one by speed swimming out of the water, but yeah the destroyer just serves to enclose gameplay space without invisible walls.

The former. Speed swimming?

Curufinwe

NBtoaster said:
Why would they sabotage the console release with a $3.50 Steam sale? I don't get it.

It does seem odd, but I grabbed Crysis Max on Steam since I have upgraded my video card and got a better mouse since the last time I thought about trying Crysis. And while I like Achievements for the most part, sometimes it's nice to play a game that doesn't have any.

strata8

MarshMellow96 said:
Does anyone know how to drop the secondary pistol? Can't press LT to drop or configure it at the customisation menu...
I don't think you can.

907.png

Played for about an hour last night before bed and I will definitely be recommending this to friends. I've played the PC version 3 or 4 times on different hardware configs (e850 9800gx2, 5870, 2500k cfx5870) and while the game doesn't perform at the same level, I feel that the gameplay is intact. And that is what matters after all. Consider me happy with the purchase.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
JB1981 said:
How is the resolution. Crysis 2 on PS3 had a stretched HUD and pretty low resolution overall. Is the resolution at least equal to what 360 is rendering at? Can't wait to play this, I love Crysis gameplay.
The resolution seems a bit higher than Crysis 2 PS3 (sharper and smoother). The HUD isn't stretched either.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just wrapped up my playthrough; the Carrier level probably had the worst drops, but it never got unmanageable. They really should port Warhead now as the gameplay is still top-notch and I imagine new-comers will be wanting more.

I just gotta do another run on Delta (shouldn't be too hard even on the pad) and grab two achievements for throwing stuff and then I'll have 1000/1000.

I highly recommend going no crosshair (it's forced off in Delta anyways) and turning off the music for maximum immersion.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Neuromancer said:
I'm digging it but Crysis 2's difficulty really spoiled me. I'm getting my ass kicked left and right.

I really don't class myself as a skilled player but this game is really quite easy on normal provided you take your time, scout, tag, and take enemies out from a distance, or if you find yourself in bother retreat and rethink your plan of attack, sometimes I'll be in an encampment and I'll prone the whole area using my cloak taking each enemy out one by one, or if your feeling cheeky you can try to ninja it and complete your objective without even being seen which can be fun, this really is a game of patience, it's why I love this game so much, you can't just go in gun-hoe, Crysis pushes you to be a predator and it pays to be one, but at the same time it doesn't make it too easy like they did in Crysis 2.

I'm so glad this is on the consoles now so people that never got the change to play the game can see what they were missing, I think often Crysis can get mistaken for a 'run of the mill shooter' when that is far from the truth, there are not many fps's out there that play like Crysis does.

agreed, hence Crysis is still one of my all time favorites. Infinitely replayable.

...I've still yet to feel compelled to really go back and replay Crysis2 =/

Maybe go through the 360 version if it went on sale for cheap.

VERY impressed with those PS3 version videos. the looking/aiming was so smooth that at times i thought the player was using a mouse.

i need this for when i get my tv upgrade next month!

Phonomezer said:
I would love to see how an Elder Scrolls game would look using CE3..
I would love to see even Hello Kitty running on Cryengine 3 best engine for consoles right now, shame not many devs are licensing it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
AgentOtaku said:
oh so you bought it?

impressions!
Yeah, was curious.

It's a very impressive port, as others have noted. The framerate isn't perfect by any means, but it's smoother than what I experienced back in 2007 by a long shot and features most of the effects and lighting you get with DX10 Very High.

The level of detail in the levels has definitely taken a hit (less foliage in particular), but it still looks very good. The lighting is much better than the original game as well, which makes up somewhat for the detail deficiency.

I suppose what makes it so impressive for me is simply the fact that they managed to squeeze the entire game in here without any gameplay compromises. All of the physics are here, the small objects you can interact with, the level size, etc. They didn't slice up the maps at all. This IS Crysis 1.

What makes this version a joy to play, however, is the new controls. It's a perfect blend of the streamlined Crysis 2 control system and the original Crysis. It feels so much smoother than the original did when played with a 360 pad.

Oh, and the sound is fantastic. They made a lot of changes to the sound effects and the end result is a fantastic 7.1 soundscape that eclipses what I heard on the PC.

Just wrapped up my playthrough; the Carrier level probably had the worst drops, but it never got unmanageable.
Doesn't surprise me. That part routinely dropped into the low teens on my original 2007 PC. It was so choppy that I was almost unable to complete the game.

MarshMellow96 said:
Is it just me or is the AI a little.. eagle-eyed?

Feels like if I'm uncloaked within 100 meters I'm spotted.
They are, unless directly behind them you will always be spotted quite easily unless really far away, it's annoying me a bit as they will also react instantly, no shock no delay.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dark10x said:
The level of detail in the levels has definitely taken a hit (less foliage in particular), but it still looks very good. The lighting is much better than the original game as well, which makes up somewhat for the detail deficiency.
The lighting gets a bit wonky later on and the ambient occlusion looks really bad in the carrier. It's obvious they didn't spend as much time fine-tuning it as they did the original lighting.

Curufinwe said:
It does seem odd, but I grabbed Crysis Max on Steam since I have upgraded my video card and got a better mouse since the last time I thought about trying Crysis. And while I like Achievements for the most part, sometimes it's nice to play a game that doesn't have any.

Crysis on 360 and PS3 have a huge advantage over PC. No SecuROM!

dark10x said:
Yeah, was curious.

It's a very impressive port, as others have noted. The framerate isn't perfect by any means, but it's smoother than what I experienced back in 2007 by a long shot and features most of the effects and lighting you get with DX10 Very High.

I suppose what makes it so impressive for me is simply the fact that they managed to squeeze the entire game in here without any gameplay compromises. All of the physics are here, the small objects you can interact with, the level size, etc. They didn't slice up the maps at all. This IS Crysis 1.

What makes this version a joy to play, however, is the new controls. It's a perfect blend of the streamlined Crysis 2 control system and the original Crysis. It feels so much smoother than the original did when played with a 360 pad.

Oh, and the sound is fantastic. They made a lot of changes to the sound effects and the end result is a fantastic 7.1 soundscape that eclipses what I heard on the PC.

Doesn't surprise me. That part routinely dropped into the low teens on my original 2007 PC. It was so choppy that I was almost unable to complete the game.

SO GOOD!

thanks!

Stallion Free said:
Just wrapped up my playthrough; the Carrier level probably had the worst drops, but it never got unmanageable. They really should port Warhead now as the gameplay is still top-notch and I imagine new-comers will be wanting more.

I just gotta do another run on Delta (shouldn't be too hard even on the pad) and grab two achievements for throwing stuff and then I'll have 1000/1000.

I highly recommend going no crosshair (it's forced off in Delta anyways) and turning off the music for maximum immersion.

You had to throw a pun in there did ya?

Rainy Dog

dark10x said:
Yeah, was curious.

Fantastic impressions, cheers. I've been here long enough to know how critical an eye you have, too ;)

Will now be grabbing this without hesitation sometime this week.

For what I've seen in the videos the lighting is far better than pc vanilla. Any impression on how the interior of the alien ship looks now? that's the part where crysis showcases its volumetrics effects, and even today it still impresses me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Vulcano's assistant said:
For what I've seen in the videos the lighting is far better than pc vanilla. Any impression on how the interior of the alien ship looks now? that's the part where crysis showcases its volumetrics effects, and even today it still impresses me.
It gotta a pretty hefty downgrade, but it still looks good. The organic textures look especially bad, but it does run very smooth and zero-g works well on the pad.

Lol it appears they removed literally everything under the ocean.

NinjaBoiX

mclaren777 said:
I feel stupid for buying the PC version of this game earlier this year. :(
Isn't the PC the preferable platform? And you get Ascension which we console plebians do not.

Top Bottom