• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

RyL

Banned
ukresistance said:
Crysis on 360 and PS3 have a huge advantage over PC. No SecuROM!

wrong, you have to be logged in and connected with PSN/XLive with some games (yes, even if you transfer the content IDs to a new console)

well I'm not 100% sure if it is the case with Crysis, can someone test it?!

// wow replied even before I asked the question

same shit with GT5 Prologue back in the days, you had to be logged in and online, that's even worse than SecuROM

Bought this yesterday and played the first mission...

It's a very good game so far! Graphics are pretty, and the overall feel of this game has me excited to finish it. The only problems I have with it (which are minor) are that there are very noticeable jaggies, especially in the trees, and the base movement speed is way slow. I wish I didn't have to sprint everywhere. Speaking of Sprinting, I don't really like that you have to hold down the left thumbstick to sprint, instead of just simply tapping it.

Oh well. Looking forward to play some more after work.

feel

Tried it for a bit on the 360 and the graphics seem amazing on that initial beach at night, with a nice FOV everything looks very nice. I love that there's an actual flashlight!! Gameplay seems pretty great except for the normal speed when sprint is not active, what the hell? Extremely slow, am I missing something here?

edit-

the annoying DRM stuff seems like it's only if you don't have the license for the game on the console you're playing, for example if you download the game a second time on a friend's console for free with your profile, that because it's not the original download, it doesn't give that console a license for the game.

Weird, I had some problems before with the sprint - I too thought that you had to hold it (while you're cloaked, at least) - but I tried just clicking the stick once and it worked fine.

MarshMellow96 said:
Weird, I had some problems before with the sprint - I too thought that you had to hold it (while you're cloaked, at least) - but I tried just clicking the stick once and it worked fine.

Really? I'll have to mess around with it when I get the chance. Maybe it's just my controller? Who knows.

hitoshi

AgentOtaku said:
wait, 360 has online only DRM!?

Update: It seems that this only occurs if you have downloaded the game on multiple consoles. The game will run offline if you're playing on the console that you originally downloaded the game onto. So if you do live in a household with multiple consoles, make sure they are all connected to Live to avoid this, especially if you're moving profiles around.

Totally not true when it comes to the first console. I've been disconected tonight from LIVE and could play Crysis just fine.

hitoshi said:
Totally not true when it comes to the first console. I've been disconected tonight from LIVE and could play Crysis just fine.
so, that's basically as normal then. console it was downloaded on originally works offline, other consoles don't.

panic over.

NotTarts said:
Total dick move.

I wonder who's responsible for this, EA or Microsoft. My guess is EA. You know what, this is new thread worthy I think.

EDIT:

It seems that this only occurs if you have downloaded the game on multiple consoles. The game will run offline if you're playing on the console that you originally downloaded the game onto. So if you do live in a household with multiple consoles, make sure they are all connected to Live to avoid this, especially if you're moving profiles around.

Never mind that's the same for every piece of digital content on Xbox 360, smh

KageMaru said:
Regarding the whole achievement issue from earlier, has anyone figured out how to recover the achievements you already earned?

I picked up the turtle when I played early this morning, saw the zoology cheevo pop up, realized Crysis wasn't populated in my achievement list, but didn't think anything of it. Figured the issue would be fixed Live's end and I would see my unlocked achievement when I got home.

Well I get home, click on Crysis in my game's list where I'm sitting at the Play Game/Delete Game screen, and see that I have an achievement unlocked in the window on the right. However, while an icon shows my unlocked achievement, right above I still see 0/1000 in the Gamerscore bar.

I tried recovering my gamertag, which forced the achievement to show as locked again, but when I picked up another animal, there was no pop up for an achievement.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Happened to me too.
I remember hearing they still haven't fixed some achievements for Crysis 2 to this day.

Neuromancer said:
Total dick move.

I wonder who's responsible for this, EA or Microsoft. My guess is EA. You know what, this is new thread worthy I think.

They updated the article, it only happens on copies of the game where it was not original downloaded from that console.
I think that's standard for all games (except giving you an extra 10 minutes).

RyudBoy

Finished it on delta difficulty. Totally worth the $20. I enjoyed it other than the
cave
level. That had some nice visuals but wasn't fun to play at all. Would've been better if they made it into a long cutscene instead. Too bad there are no collectibles like in Crysis 2. Would be nice to roam around the island and look for stuff. I got all the achievements already but the first 4 didn't register so I'm stuck at 920/1000. Anyone know a fix?

Anyway, will give it another run through later since I'm sure I missed a lot of areas.

CozMick

Banned
mickcenary said:
So, general consensus... 360 version is the one to go for?

No-one has done a comparison yet and even then Crysis 2 was mixed, some things were done better on 360, some on PS3.

anyone else tried it in 3D? it runs rather well on 360, but it's using the same disapointing implementation of 3D that Crysis 2 uses.

Sai

TheOddOne said:
I need just 40 MS point to buy this. Smh.
I just redeemed two 100 MS point codes that I got from Bing Rewards. If you had posted this a few hours earlier, I would've given you one.

Woorloog

Banned
This is quite hard game even on normal. It is both frustrating and satisfying.
Headshotting people is hard as apparently there's no way to steady the (assault) scope. Also, i'd love to be able to switch camo to left bumber (without switching triggers as well) as i use it most often and i need my index finger for firing the weapon right after decloaking. Shootign with my middle finger is too hard when i need precision.

KageMaru

NBtoaster said:
Why would they sabotage the console release with a $3.50 Steam sale? I don't get it.

I don't think they sabotaged anything. The average gamer who is now just experiencing Crysis on consoles is unlikely to have a gaming PC capable of running PC crysis. Otherwise, why bother waiting for the console release?

Of course there are people who game on both, which in that case, an extra $3.50 is cheap enough to double dip.

omnomis said:
$15? BOUGHT.

$20? FUCK THAT SHIT.

It's not like they put any extra work into the console versions. A simple Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V if you will.

Please tell me you're joking. If you really think it took little work to fit Crysis into these consoles, then that shows an incredible amount of ignorance on your part.

dark10x said:
The resolution seems a bit higher than Crysis 2 PS3 (sharper and smoother). The HUD isn't stretched either.

It's still 1024x720 on the ps3. They probably just render the HUD at full HD this time to avoid stretching.

See You Next Wednesday said:
Happened to me too.
I remember hearing they still haven't fixed some achievements for Crysis 2 to this day.

If it's still showing as 0/1000 for you, I can help you fix it.

TheOddOne

Sai said:
I just redeemed two 100 MS point codes that I got from Bing Rewards. If you had posted this a few hours earlier, I would've given you one.
Bought a 4200 card, have a couple of other things I wanna buy.

Thanks though :)

Purexed

Banned
Was surprised to see the PS3 version defaults to 1080p, will uncheck it in the menu to bring it down to 720p to see if the image quality improves. It's fine as it is, but seeing if it can look better.

KageMaru

AgentOtaku said:
Where did you get confirmation of the res?

It was stated at B3D that the resolutions and AA techniques for both the ps3 and 360 version is exactly the same as Crysis 2.

Sorry left it out before due to the ignorant B3D backlash in the RAGE thread.

PooBone

dark10x said:
Achievements
Achievements
Achievements

Do people even know how to enjoy a game without that carrot on a stick anymore?
Well I think it adds inherent value to a game. Running through a game is good, but having these little objectives throughout to go back and try to get, for me anyway, adds a lot of replay value. All the games I really love I'll try to 100% and that can triple the play time of a game. Couldn't care less about a point value.

EDIT: by the way, are they fixed yet?

KageMaru said:
It was stated at B3D that the resolutions and AA techniques for both the ps3 and 360 version is exactly the same as Crysis 2.

Sorry left it out before due to the ignorant B3D backlash in the RAGE thread.

thanks!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I imagine you'll be able to play it off-line on another console if you transfer your licenses across?

sajj316

New to the Crysis world and due to Rage having horrible texture stream work, I was planning on getting both games. Questions ..

1. With the resolution the same as Crysis 2, I'd expect each version to the same positives and negatives for PS3 and the 360. Do you guys prefer one version over the other (looks and performance)?

2. Any DRM restrictions with Crysis PSN?

3. With enough backlash do you think EA will remove the silly DRM with the 360 version?

sajj316 said:
New to the Crysis world and due to Rage having horrible texture stream work, I was planning on getting both games. Questions ..

1. With the resolution the same as Crysis 2, I'd expect each version to the same positives an negatives PS3 and the 360. Do you guys prefer one version over the other (looks and performance)?

2. Any DRM restrictions with Crysis PSN?

3. With enough backlash do you think EA will remove the silly DRM with the 360 version?
It's the same as every XBLA/GOD game. You can play it offline but only on the console it's registered to (the one you downloaded it on).

Top Bottom