• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

PC
944x531.jpg

Xbox
944x531.jpg

PC
944x531.jpg

Xbox
944x531.jpg

PC
944x531.jpg

Xbox
944x531.jpg

PC
944x531.jpg

Xbox
944x531.jpg

Verdict: Good thing that it came out on PC first :)

Dabanton

Been great replaying this through after all these years.

The thing i love about Crysis is your strong but can still get fucked up by bad planning i love sitting watching a base before i infiltrate and wreck havoc.

Frencherman said:
Verdict: Good thing that it came out on PC first :)

Verdict: who cares?

If i'm not mistaken the thread says PSN /XBLA we left the pointless 'comparisons' back in the other thread People are enjoying the game on consoles why are you in here trying to kick off shit?

eshwaaz

Dabanton said:

If i'm not mistaken the thread says PSN /XBLA we left the pointless 'comparisons' back in the other thread People are enjoying the game on consoles why are you in here trying to kick off shit?
Seriously. Some people here just can't restrain themselves.

MaddenNFL64

It's amazing they even got this game to run at all on consoles. With 256 MB of fucking RAM to play with, this shit is amazing.

Just leave the PC comparisons at the door, and praise Crytek for being fucking wizards.

been playing it and i'm really digging it so far.

Plus its a nice change of pace in regards to shooting (going down some corridor vs wide open outdoor where you can improvise your killing) and i'm just starting.

robot

How does to compare to the sequel? I wasn't a huge fan mostly because it felt a little too buggy and sneaking around never worked out the way I wanted (which is probably my fault).

Just curious if people prefer the original, was considering giving it a shot after Rage.

Unity2012

Does anybody know how long is the SP campaign? At least an estimate.

I guess being an open environment could take longer depending on gameplay style. I just wanted to have an idea about how big/long is the game.

Unity2012 said:
Does anybody know how long is the SP campaign? At least an estimate.

I guess being an open environment could take longer depending on gameplay style. I just wanted to have an idea about how big/long is the game.
I"d say 8 to 12 hours depending on how stealthy u are/difficulty level

It's long enough

lucius

The game is pretty fun playing on 360, I would say at times it looks better than Crysis 2 but also worse at times.

zatara

Got the 360 version and although the AI is dumb as a doornail, I love the open ended nature of how you can plan your attacks.

NotTarts said:
It's really rather amusing that the console version is being compared to Very High.

It was more funny that before the game came out people actually had the delusion that it would look better than Very High just because it's running on Cryengine 3.....then developer comments increased said delusion.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
PowderedToast said:
THIS GAME IS SO FUN
WHAT? Fun? We don't take kindly to you fun-havin' kind around these parts...

But no, I agree. Being an MGS fan, I play it as stealthily as I can, and just peg it to the next point if all else fails.

MikeTyson

Banned
MaddenNFL64 said:
It's amazing they even got this game to run at all on consoles. With 256 MB of fucking RAM to play with, this shit is amazing.

Just leave the PC comparisons at the door, and praise Crytek for being fucking wizards.
Praise EA for their $$$ hungry ways. And lets be honest, with the thread title, he was just trying to prove a point that Crysis on PC 2008 is still better then these console versions.

Dabanton said:

You are overreacting a little bit.

These ports being compared to Crysis on PC is completely fine and informative (and it was bound to happen).

Personally I'm very happy with how these ports turned out (lower level of detail but most of the experience and eye candy is still there) and judging by a recent thread I have one of the fastest gaming PCs on the forum and have played Crysis plenty of times. The more people that get to enjoy the game the better I say.

Aizu_Itsuko said:
You are overreacting a little bit.

These ports being compared to Crysis on PC is completely fine and informative (and it was bound to happen).

Personally I'm very happy with how these ports turned out (lower level of detail but most of the experience and eye candy is still there) and judging by a recent thread I have one of the fastest gaming PCs on the forum and have played Crysis plenty of times. The more people that get to enjoy the game the better I say.

I think people are a little tired and weary of threads being shit up with giant stupid comparison pics.

Ninja Scooter said:
I think people are a little tired and weary of threads being shit up with giant stupid comparison pics.
Other people enjoy them.

As long as these comparisons aren't used to cause trouble I don't mind.

scitek

Looks pretty awesome to me from the vids and pics I've seen. I'm in the camp that thinks it's amazing, and great, that more people are getting to experience the game.

Dabanton said:

I do. I like to see what was done to get these ports onto consoles.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
scitek said:
Looks pretty awesome to me from the vids and pics I've seen. I'm in the camp that thinks it's amazing, and great, that more people are getting to experience the game.
I'm glad that first timers are loving it. It's too bad the port didn't happen earlier because now I'm afraid people will pass over it.

FyreWulff

MaddenNFL64 said:

512MB, but it also helps that they used the waaay more optimized CryEngine 3. Crysis was impressive, but it was also obvious that it wasn't optimized much. They just decided to throw everything at the GPU and let it sort things out.

It's a shame this doesn't have multiplayer. I want a Cryengine map editor on the 360 in a game with Legacy sticks. Far Cry 2 didn't have them, even though Predator did :(

strata8

Regardless, those GameStar console pics have been sabotaged, particularly the first one. Manually blurred afterwards (a bit pathetic, honestly), and the screenshot was taken when the clothing textures were still loading in. The textures aren't fantastic but they are not that bad, not even close.

Okay, let's try and tackle this on Delta difficulty. Anyone got any tips? I'm assuming: "farm the hell out of cloak and prone". :lol

Bubs Mugumbo

Neo Member
Finished it last night. The campaign went more places than most
(although the bit in the alien structure with the 'lift' almost made me throw up. I really enjoyed coming out of the caves into the snow after it had been earlier alluded to)
, but the last few chapters did feel a little short-lived and under-cooked, particularly the ending
(Prophet going back to the island while you stay on the ship for 30 mins? Plus the fact that there's no real 'ending')
. I'm looking forward to playing it through on Delta some time. The fact that I'll replay a modern FPS's campaign is perhaps the biggest compliment I can give it.

Sai

Blue Ninja said:
Okay, let's try and tackle this on Delta difficulty. Anyone got any tips? I'm assuming: "farm the hell out of cloak and prone". :lol
Pretty much. I did a lot of that on my first run through the game, so that's probably why I'm not noticing much of a spike in the difficulty.

Blue Ninja said:
Yep. The trick is to quickly uncloak, headshot, then cloak again.

onken

Finished it on Delta a couple of nights ago. Final part was a freaking slideshow. Pretty good fun but the controls did feel very gimped coming from the PC version.
Yes, the second half of the game still sucks

Blue Ninja said:

Yeah you can just avoid the vast majority of confrontations using stealth and radar (until it all goes Duke 3D).

JB1981

NotTarts said:
Regardless, those GameStar console pics have been sabotaged, particularly the first one. Manually blurred afterwards (a bit pathetic, honestly), and the screenshot was taken when the clothing textures were still loading in. The textures aren't fantastic but they are not that bad, not even close.
How can you tell that they were purposely blurred? Wow if true

Sai

-SD- said:
This is a good tutorial series. It's done with Crysis Warhead (PC) but it basically applies to every Crysis game.

Part 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4jv9eLfEF4
Part 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr-HvLrgwLQ&hd=1
Part 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbzgn0KUyow&hd=1
Part 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WQzBCz5CY&hd=1
Oh man... I think understand why Crytek did what they did(probably for the multiplayer aspect of Crysis 2), but I really, really, really wish they would've left that "power wheel" in the console releases.

JonCha

Started on Delta and progressing through nicely. Honestly, as long as you take it slow and be aware of where people are then it's not too difficult. Obviously, if you try to take everyone down then you're going to get destroyed.

Trumpets

I can think of many 360/PS3 games which are more impressive graphically (in fact it's a bit of a letdown on console), but I'm loving it nonetheless. Everything I'd heard about Crysis led me to expect something on the scale of Halo, but the environments are suprisingly wide open; it's reminding me of Flashpoint 2 more than anything, except a lot more fun. I love that it gives you the tools to play how you want, right from the start.

thelastword

Banned
Just platinumned this, I really enjoyed the mechanics in this shooter. Delta difficulty is where the game shines, it's really tense at times due to the number of soldiers sent after you. In essence, delta teaches you how to play the game, so the easier difficulties become a cakewalk after. After playing the game fully, I can now go through this game knowing a surefire way of how to approach each encounter and can explore alternate strategies in alternate play-throughs.

Truth be told though, I did play most of crysis on my gaming pc, around when it came out, but when I got to the ascension level some alien got stuck in the background and I could'nt proceed to land the vtol. So I let that be and never went back.

Looking at my playthrough on the PS3, I must say I've enjoyed it much more than when I played on the PC back then, perhaps my style of play wasn't all that hot back then, maybe I've grown as a player having played so many games on the highest difficulties recently, it could also be that I prefer the controller over KB and M.

Knowing that you can save everytime on the pc is indeed a worthwhile option, but it kinda takes some of the fun out of the game if you save too often. I do prefer the checkpoint system here since you have to toughen out a good stretch of the game especially on the higher difficulties, it makes the game more fun and enhances the challenge somewhat.

Looking at this port, I will say it's a decent port, this is the same crysis we got on pc minus ascension, graphics are good on the PS3 and the framerate is much better than what I got on my 8800 GTX back then, even though I played at 1920 * 1200. I recommend this game to everyone who has not played and who maybe a platinum hunter like myself, lol, it's only $20 on psn anyway without the nasty drm to boot.

So, I'm off to amazon to get the limited edition of crysis 2. All I got to say to Crytek, get the resolution to a full 1280 * 720 on consoles for crysis 3 and things should be bliss.

aeolist

Banned
thelastword said:
So, I'm off to amazon to get the limited edition of crysis 2. All I got to say to Crytek, get the resolution to a full 1280 * 720 on consoles for crysis 3 and things should be bliss.
Fair warning, do not expect Crysis 2 to be the same kind of game. It's waaaay more limited.

Red

Dabanton said:
Been great replaying this through after all these years.

The thing i love about Crysis is your strong but can still get fucked up by bad planning i love sitting watching a base before i infiltrate and wreck havoc.

Would you say the same about 360 vs PS3 shots?

Marco1

MaddenNFL64 said:

Well said.

StuBurns said:
Warhead is the best Crysis, I wonder if we'll see that comes to PSN/XBLA now.

I thought the first Crysis was a fair margin better than Warhead...more varied, a longer campaign, better graphics overall, better presentation. Psycho has more charisma though

Top Bottom