• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

randomwab

-SD- said:
Not at all. I've always thought that the fog in Crysis looks amazing and beautiful. A real atmosphere booster.

The end of the Relic, when you're fighting in the graveyard, has some amazing atmospheric fog. So good.

Galdelico

Frencherman said:
PC
944x531.jpg

Xbox
944x531.jpg

Verdict: Good thing that it came out on PC first :)
Whoa, PC people really need such sad stuff to feel better with themselves? XD

Also, is it me or the 360 version really looks nothing like that blurry, whashed out shit?

Man, this confused the balls off of me in C2 also... How do I throw dudes UBER distances? I mean, I grab them with "X", but then what? Do I hold "X"/another button down? Do I activate 'strength mode'?

I played up to the first set-piece the other day and loped through it in a very sloppy manner, so I'm just gonna start again. I get the sense that a heavy emphasis on stealth pays off/makes sense as it did in C2. Correct? The shooting felt a bit janky, but that might just be me coming off of copious amounts of GoW3.

Anyway, it looks quite nice on 360.

randomwab

Just 1000'd the 360 version. As always, Crysis is phenomenal and infinity replayable, or the first 3/4 is at least. One of the few games I've probably played more than a dozen times since 07. Assault is possibly one of the best FPS levels of this generation, if not ever.

JB1981

MaddenNFL64 said:
Crysis 2 is better than most games in my opinion. It's not perfect, but it's good. I had a ball with it. I always chose to play on the hardest difficulty & take out all opposition in an efficient & quiet manner. Had a really great time playing like this. Got multiple playthroughs out of it.

Yea same here, the game isn't remotely bad. It's better than most shooters on the market.

MaddenNFL64

mickcenary said:
Man, this confused the balls off of me in C2 also... How do I throw dudes UBER distances? I mean, I grab them with "X", but then what? Do I hold "X"/another button down? Do I activate 'strength mode'?

I played up to the first set-piece the other day and loped through it in a very sloppy manner, so I'm just gonna start again. I get the sense that a heavy emphasis on stealth pays off/makes sense as it did in C2. Correct? The shooting felt a bit janky, but that might just be me coming off of copious amounts of GoW3.

Anyway, it looks quite nice on 360.

In Crysis 2 on console, you pressed the right trigger to toss them far. Probably the same.

Galdelico said:
Whoa, PC people really need such sad stuff to feel better with themselves? XD

Also, is it me or the 360 version really looks nothing like that blurry, whashed out shit?
You are doing your part with the generalizations.

Galdelico

Vulcano's assistant said:
You are doing your part with the generalizations.
Not really.

Isn't it the very same lullaby you hear in every discussion about the game, on every fourm, every where, pretty much since the console version was announced?

Blue Ninja said:
Right trigger in C2, hold down X in C1.

As in, I continue to hold "X" after pressing it to grab the enemy? Or I grab with "X", then press it AGAIN and hold it? I think I've tried both ways with unsatisfactory results.

BALLS.

Anyway, thanks for the help, mang.

JonCha

Still blazing through this on Delta; almost finished Act 2. It really is a fun and well-produced campaign at this point.

Also, which act is Ascension in? Are we missing out by not having it?

JonCha said:
Still blazing through this on Delta; almost finished Act 2. It really is a fun and well-produced campaign at this point.

it's in act 3, between Exodus and Reckoning. And no, there's nothing of real value lost, though they could've cut the dialogue reffering to the mission in Reckoning.

randomwab

JonCha said:

Ascension was in Act 3, right before the last level. You're not really missing out on anything though. A lot of people hated it, I personally never really minded it. It was decent for seeing the scale of the enemy forces leading up to the ending and just how underpowered the US and Korean soldiers were and in how much of a panic both sides were, but in cutting it you're not really missing much.

Vol5

Delta is the only way to play as it notches up the tension and forces your to think strategically. I'm on Act 2 about to
head into the mine
and so far I've had cunning stealth and tight gun-play mixed with aversion tactics. A great combo. Alert a few guards by grabbing a point man and throwing him into their sight lines....Yeah, this is a fun game.

The only thing that spoils it, and this could be a PS3 only trait, is that the frame-rate lowers when you activate stealth armor. A bit strange. Hoping a patch might fix this.

Apart from that I'm having a lot of fun with it and I'm on course to Plat it.

The AI in this game is sooo shit uneven and leave it to Crytek to include enemy spawn "closets" in a game with environments as large as Crysis'. ick

ii Stryker said:
The AI in this game is sooo shit uneven and leave it to Crytek to include enemy spawn "closets" in a game with environments as large as Crysis'. ick

Where are spawn closets in console Crysis? I dont remember any in the PC version.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I H8 Memes said:
Where are spawn closets in console Crysis? I dont remember any in the PC version.
There's just a shit load of enemies at times, like the village in the second level and it does start to feel like a spawn closet situation.

Stallion Free said:
There's just a shit load of enemies at times, like the village in the second level and it does start to feel like a spawn closet situation.

Now that you mention it I remembered that the village does have 1 building that spawns enemies. It's the 2 story building next to the school house objective. Warhead has one section where the submarine is that will spawn enemies. So out of place being the only ones in each game.

HELP!!!

I'm at the way end of the game and I just
took out the alien exosuit on top of the aircraft carrier. Now I'm waiting for the VTOL to pick me up but it's not coming; in fact when i look at it with my binocs, it's not even getting closer.

Has my game glitched?

Edit: never mind, I got it

Took a while, but I'm finally getting used to the speed of the character. I still think he's way too slow though. Why the hell did Crytek make Nomad so slow? I just don't understand how they thought it was okay.

-SD-

Banned
-Yeti said:
Took a while, but I'm finally getting used to the speed of the character. I still think he's way too slow though.
Try switching to Speed mode and just walking. Don't know about console versions but on PC, Speed mode walking is faster than normal walking and it does not drain nanosuit energy.

PowderedToast

the only way to switch the speed mode is to sprint, there's no suit menu. L2 and R2 turns on armor and stealth respectively, strength is automatic and always default. it's not an ideal set-up, i wish they had the radial menu.

Galdelico said:
Not really.

Isn't it the very same lullaby you hear in every discussion about the game, on every fourm, every where, pretty much since the console version was announced?

Still, those who bash the port do not represent all the "pc people". Have a problem with the guy posting the pics, then complain to him. Besides, it is Crysis we are talking about, plenty of trashtalk was said to its sequel too (not much of it in gaf though).

JonCha

Woah, into Act 3 and the bit where you
go inside the alien artifact, a d gradually progress through
is awesome. Kept dying though, so took a little break.

Just finished it. I can see why many people were upset with Crysis 2's story seeing how this one ended.

Anyway, restarted the game on Delta and trying to get the remaining achievements. The game really is gorgeous when you take the time to appreciate it. The whole first level on the road with the rocky cliffs and the ocean off to the left is amazing.

I also just finished the game today. Overall believe it or not I have to say I enjoyed the combat and the graphics of C2 more, but this was no slouch.

PowderedToast

honestly one of the best FPS games i've ever played. very happy that crytek (or EA) decided to port it. kudos to the studio for developing a terrific game and going against the grain with their open-ended design, it's been the most fun i've had in ages.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Neuromancer said:
I also just finished the game today. Overall believe it or not I have to say I enjoyed the combat and the graphics of C2 more, but this was no slouch.
I really wanted them to add in the Stealth kill and suit upgrade function from C2 back into C1 here.

Monarch

Banned
I'm digging it in Delta this time around, after completing Hard setting.
Man this is such a blast to play, going ninja and such, taking time, planning encounters. I'm also taking different routes than in my previous playthrough, which is sooo sooo sweet.

Also, in Delta you're playing a lot safer, ninja-style, so you tend to be more cloaked and cautious than in other modes so the frigging "hey-dude-i-see-ya-from-200-feets-in-the-bush" A.I "cheating" problem is far less pronounced and it allows the game to show that the A.I in close to mid-range combats is actually quite good (minus the path finding issues). They flank, they search for your last known position, they blind fire to possibly fuck up your cloak, they throw smoke grenades to hide themselves when you start shooting at them, etc, etc...

I always wanted to play Crysis on PC, i knew that apart from the technical achievement, it was a pretty damn good game. And now I can play it on my PS3 :) One of the best game i've ever played.
Thank you Crytek/

Completed it today, so fucking good, was funny playing the final level with a reasonably stable frame rate for once :)

Anyone notice the SCAR uses the same iron sight from Crysis 2, rather than PC Crysis ?

Galdelico said:
Not really.

I don't think you understood what he actually said since he never said anything about the PC vs. Console argument in it's content.

You're doing the same thing as PC gamers you accuse of belittling console players by generalizing and insulting PC gamers as a single entity.

So, how tough are the harder difficulty levels? Curious before I start.

Also, has there been any word from Crytek regarding patching the walking speed? Based on the complaints it seems possible.

strata8

IGN Review said:
When Crysis' gunplay, suit powers, and destructible set pieces combined, I had a blast. But I was also frustrated by certain stealth components and the lack of an upgrade and scoring system.
A scoring system... in a singleplayer game? Huh?

edit: The guy playing the game in the video is phenomenally bad.

diffusionx

Gold Member
BruiserBear said:

Also, has there been any word from Crytek regarding patching the walking speed? Based on the complaints it seems possible.

Very hard. Without getting the rhythm of the game and the suit powers, you will die a lot. And checkpoints are far apart.

And stop listening to the Internet. Walk speed is fine. Run is in there for a reason.

Nizz

Finally got to download this off PSN. Haven't gotten far, I've defeated these two tanks. One thing I've noticed is damn, I got away with stealth a lot more in C2 than here! I've been enjoying the game though. Doesn't look bad either.

bhlaab

BruiserBear said:

Difficulty doesn't really boost the difficulty so to speak. It just punishes you more for not playing smart. Trying to Rambo an area on Delta will get you cut down pretty fast but sneaking around and picking your opportunities isn't really harder-- a headshot will still take down human enemies just as easily.

In fact I don't think difficulty settings affect enemy health at all, just their perception, accuracy, and reflexes.

bhlaab said:
Difficulty doesn't really boost the difficulty so to speak. It just punishes you more for not playing smart. Trying to Rambo an area on Delta will get you cut down pretty fast but sneaking around and picking your opportunities isn't really harder-- a headshot will still take down human enemies just as easily.

In fact I don't think difficulty settings affect enemy health at all, just their perception, accuracy, and reflexes.

Which is how it should be. The fact that enemies speak Korean on Delta is a nice touch as well as having less options on your binoculars.

Kimosabae

Banned
Goddamn this game is good. I'm still fighting Koreans, but so far, this is the best FPS I've played since Halo CE. This game is how I was hoping that series would continue to evolve, instead of the ferret trail it currently is. I wish Micro would license the Cry engine for Halo 4. Were I younger and less jaded, I'd be head-over-heels.

Tr4nce

I am liking this game very much, since I downloaded it this weekend. The only problem for me, which gets worse and worse the more I play it, is the whole checkpoint save system. It's so fucking annoying. Because every time you die, you have to play the same bit, over and over again. Which takes away from the immersion, for me personally.

Galdelico

Tallshortman said:
I don't think you understood what he actually said since he never said anything about the PC vs. Console argument in it's content.

You're doing the same thing as PC gamers you accuse of belittling console players by generalizing and insulting PC gamers as a single entity.
Guys, ok. I'm sorry.

I don't even give a damn. :D
It was a stupid reply to a stupid (imo) comparison.

Sorry again.

Sai

reggie said:
Pretty sure this is a glitch, you're meant to select Delta in options on the main menu, start a new game, then select Delta again when it asks (effectively selecting it twice). I did this and it worked. Sucks if you have to finish it again.
No wonder. I went through Act 1 and didn't get the Achievement. Got kind of upset and moved on to Crysis 2.

Speaking of Crysis 2, I can understand why so many people didn't like the sequel as much. Reminds me of the reception Halo 2 had. Though I do appreciate the gunplay more, and I'm really liking the suit mods.

Finished it last night on hardcore. Overall there are aspects of both Crysis 1&2 that I liked and disliked.

I thought the story, presentation, and suit enhancements of C2 were a great step in the right direction. I really enjoyed the openess of C1 a bit more but C2's environments felt more purposeful. The AI was shit and this was a problem that both 1&2 shared. And finally, the ending of C1 was much better than 2's anti climatic fizzle ending.

Top Bottom