• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

Cool it's games on demand, I wondered why lot's of sites were saying it was a XBLA title. If RE4 was too big for XBLA, this sure as hell was gonna be too big too.

I get my new Xbox tomorrow with a 2100pt card included, so I'll get Crysis then. Can't wait!

Hmm... Got a €15 gift certificate for a multimedia store and I'm gonna buy 2100 points with it, still debating whether I should get this or Lonesome Road. Hmm...

EDIT: Oh wait, you can't buy this with Microsoft Points?

Sai

Downloading it!

Should I purchase Crysis 2 after this? It's $40, though... Maybe I'll wait for a deal or somethin'.

Blue Ninja said:
Oh wait, you can't buy this with Microsoft Points?
I just did...

Blue Ninja said:
Hmm... Got a €15 gift certificate for a multimedia store and I'm gonna buy 2100 points with it, still debating whether I should get this or Lonesome Road. Hmm...

EDIT: Oh wait, you can't buy this with Microsoft Points?

Go to marketplace on your 360 and when it gets to the purchase screen , press X and it'll turn the prince from real money into MS points.

IdreamofHIME said:
Go to marketplace on your 360 and when it gets to the purchase screen , press X and it'll turn the prince from real money into MS points.
Sweet, thanks. Might just get it tomorrow, then. Seems it's not up on the Belgian marketplace yet.

How's the achievement list, by the way?

eshwaaz said:
Goddammit, it looks like they removed manual saving from the console versions. Why, Crytek?

If it's just to make it more in line with Crysis2, that's fine. I'm not opposed to checkpoints as they can add needed tension if done right.
Never been a fan of the F5/F9 every 2 minutes approach.

randomwab said:
Is that even possible? I thought it was a rule that your game had to have achievements on 360 if it was retail/GoD/XBLA.

I dont know haha, loaded up the game, gone to the achievement list on the xbox guide and theres nothing, xbox.com doesnt seem to recognise the game yet, comes up as playing "unkown"

madmackem

Ohhh shit this better have achievements, ive already played it on pc and the main draw was to play it again with achievements then followed by crysis 2 i got for free as a god download the other week. Resis have them dont they?.

randomwab said:
Is that even possible? I thought it was a rule that your game had to have achievements on 360 if it was retail/GoD/XBLA.

If its a Games on Demand, it won't require Achievements. Not sure how that works on PS3, they don't have that model. However, they do of course have PS1 games which don't have Trophies, but they aren't "new" PS3 games.

Weird.

Maybe this will be the opposite of Resi 4/CV :D

Xater

KennyLinder said:
If its a Games on Demand, it won't require Achievements. Not sure how that works on PS3, they don't have that model. However, they do of course have PS1 games which don't have Trophies, but they aren't "new" PS3 games.

Weird.

It's a normal PSN game, this means it must have trophies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
fyi:
Longer range = less damage
Silencer = less damage (some bullets are subsonic iirc)
Heatshots to the face kill even helmeted enemies
Strength mode = more accurate aim and less recoil
Speed = faster everything (walk, melee, weapon switch)

eshwaaz

AgentOtaku said:
If it's just to make it more in line with Crysis2, that's fine. I'm not opposed to checkpoints as they can add needed tension if done right.
Never been a fan of the F5/F9 every 2 minutes approach.
I agree that intelligently placed checkpoints can be effective, but they just checkpointed me as a jeep was exploding next to me, and 3 enemies were firing at me within 20 feet away. Not a moment of confidence.

KennyLinder said:

Weird.

I don't think that is true. Every game needs Achievements except it is a Xbox Original title. But Crysis isn't one. So Crysis should have achievements.

I bought it 10 mins ago via the US marketplace link, it's still not showing in the UK for me.

12% so it will be a while, will give impressions and compare it to my pc copy.

eshwaaz said:
I agree that intelligently placed checkpoints can be effective, but they just checkpointed me as a jeep was exploding next to me, and 3 enemies were firing at me within 20 feet away. Not a moment of confidence.

lol, certainly not

madmackem

Wow it plays really well and looks stunning, very impressed so far about 20 minutes in. When did you guys get the first achievo points as i aint got any yet and it isnt showing on the games list.

Hazaro said:
fyi:
Longer range = less damage
Silencer = less damage (some bullets are subsonic iirc)
Heatshots to the face kill even helmeted enemies
Strength mode = more accurate aim and less recoil
Speed = faster everything (walk, melee, weapon switch)
This is not true in the console version, it uses Crysis 2's power setup.

Top Bottom