• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Customer Service Battles

Vyse

Gold Member
So I flew my daughters home for their Mom’s birthday. Night before they were scheduled to fly back, airline sends a message that their 9pm flight was canceled at 2am. They said there was an 8:25 flight. No am or pm. Turns out it was am and had to speed to pack and get to the airport 23 hours earlier.

Airport was slammed and they needed to speak with someone at the ticket counter. Because of all of the delayed/cancelled flights, by the time I got through the line they missed their flight.

Long story short, hour and forty minutes on the phone with consistent response that my daughters were a no show, finally got to a Manager and getting our refund.

Also wanted to add that they both had work today so I needed to fly them back on another airline.

Persistently paid off, but man was it a battle.

Any other stories of crap like this?

Mistake

It's been insane for me trying to get a schwab account. First they denied me because they couldn't confirm my address, and I learned this because they sent the rejection letter....to my address.
Later I applied again, and they said because of past issues I can't apply online and need to print the paperwork and mail or fax it. So I do that, notice it looks funny and call to ask, they say it's fine. I spent $20 using a fax because I'm kind of in a hurry, then didn't hear anything for days. No word, nothing.
So I call back and they said "oh these aren't the right forms for opening up the checking with the brokerage, this is only if you already have a brokerage." So now I'm pissed. I said "you're the ones who gave me this! I want my $20!"
Well I got new forms, sent them in snail mail, waited forever, and then for some reason they needed an extra week for the checking account but I finally got it.
But that's not the end of it. I called back to check some things and the guy failed me on my verification. Started saying I need to go to a branch now. I'm like "the nearest branch is an hour away, are you fuckin serious?" "-yeah nothing I can do." So I called back again and got in with the next person. He probably had a typo

Last edited:

Vyse

Gold Member
Sorry you and your daughter had to go through that OP
Thanks. That was so stupid. Feel like companies push to see how far they can take you until you just give up. Much like making my way through Shadows of the Endtree, wasn’t giving up because it was hard. 😏

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I had a delivery driver destroy my mailbox and their insurance has refused to pay. Still no results. it has been 4 months.

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
The Toyota dealership ran my Tacoma through the car wash without asking and ended up cracking my windshield. I think it was a combination of cold water hitting a hot ass windshield. Anyway, noticed it when I went to pick it up. Took like a week of fighting with them to get them to pay what was at the time a $220 windshield. Had to go down there and argue with the GM. He was initially offering to only cover 25% and I think he only agreed to cover while the cost since I purchased the truck from them. Fuck dealerships.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I call them every week.

In my experience grinding like this will always work but at what cost. All the time you spend on the phone and on hold you might as well pay to replace it yourself. They know this and they leverage on that as most people will give up.

Vyse

Gold Member
The Toyota dealership ran my Tacoma through the car wash without asking and ended up cracking my windshield. I think it was a combination of cold water hitting a hot ass windshield. Anyway, noticed it when I went to pick it up. Took like a week of fighting with them to get them to pay what was at the time a $220 windshield. Had to go down there and argue with the GM. He was initially offering to only cover 25% and I think he only agreed to cover while the cost since I purchased the truck from them. Fuck dealerships.
That’s really messed up. Good for you on pressing them to do the right thing.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
In my experience grinding like this will always work but at what cost. All the time you spend on the phone and on hold you might as well pay to replace it yourself. They know this and they leverage on that as most people will give up.

I have already replaced it, I would just like some money for my cost out of it.

Top Bottom