• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Travis Reier ‏@travisreier 2h2 hours ago Tuscaloosa, AL
Price per win in regular season:
Jim Harbaugh $900,000
Nick Saban $583,333

Nick Saban is a steal of a deal.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Is that real Andy? Because that's kind of badass if the paper just published those words and that's it..
Lewis Grizzard was a god damned national treasure. I highly encourage you to read his books, which are, primarily, collections/adaptations of his columns. Everything about Lewis Grizzard is what I love about the South. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=azs_os...de=qs&index=aps&field-keywords=lewis+grizzard
You're right. It won't be LSU. It's be the Gatas so they can be destroyed by Michigan after Bama destroys them this week.
If U Dub and/or Clemson lose, there was a lot of chatter about Michigan being in the Playoffs even over the B1G champion, as UM whipped both of the division winners. And this isn't me trolling. Jerry Palm from CBS didn't even hesitate when asked who would be in in that scenario, UM or Wiscy/Penn State.
Active shooter at OSU, currently 4 effected unknown of status.
Stay safe, tOSU folks.

andycapps

Lewis Grizzard was a god damned national treasure. I highly encourage you to read his books, which are, primarily, collections/adaptations of his columns. Everything about Lewis Grizzard is what I love about the South. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=azs_os...de=qs&index=aps&field-keywords=lewis+grizzard

If U Dub and/or Clemson lose, there was a lot of chatter about Michigan being in the Playoffs even over the B1G champion, as UM whipped both of the division winners. And this isn't me trolling. Jerry Palm from CBS didn't even hesitate when asked who would be in in that scenario, UM or Wiscy/Penn State.

Stay safe, tOSU folks.
Agreed on Grizzard.

I've seen some of that stuff on Michigan as well. I just don't see how you take them over Washington assuming they win the PAC12.

mre

Agreed on Grizzard.

I've seen some of that stuff on Michigan as well. I just don't see how you take them over Washington assuming they win the PAC12.
This is assuming U Dub and/or Clemson loses. In which case, the proposed 4 in would be:

Alabama
tOSU
UDub | Clemson (whichever team did not lose)
Michigan

If they BOTH lose, then we could have:

Alabama
tOSU
Michigan
Colorado/B1G champ

CyXJ71HUoAEx2Sk.jpg

Classy, UM fan.

andycapps

This is assuming U Dub and/or Clemson loses. In which case, the proposed 4 in would be:

Alabama
tOSU
Michigan

Alabama
tOSU
Michigan
Colorado/B1G champ

Right, I could see them being in if Clemson and/or Washington lose. Decent odds of at least one team losing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How long are we locked into the current playoff paradigm of 4 teams?

Like can they change it whenever they feel like it or is this contractual for X amount of years at the 4 team level?

Who even gets to make this call?

mre

Not painting a whole fan base, this dude can go fuck himself
You kind of are, by calling him out as "UM fan." No need to bring his team affiliation into it, otherwise. But, this is secondary to everything going on in Columbus, so that's all I'll say on it.
How long are we locked into the current playoff paradigm of 4 teams?

Like can they change it whenever they feel like it or is this contractual for X amount of years at the 4 team level?

Who even gets to make this call?
I think they, the conferences, signed a 10-15 year contract initially.

Lonestar

Not painting a whole fan base, this dude can go fuck himself

Just do what is the normal thing to do these days:

Find out who he is, and who he works for, get him fired and destroy his future.

Jerry Palm from CBS didn't even hesitate when asked who would be in in that scenario, UM or Wiscy/Penn State.

Palm also basically said, no matter what happens in Atlanta, Alabama would still be the #1 team of the 4 playoff teams

Palm also basically said, no matter what happens in Atlanta, Alabama would still be the #1 team of the 4 playoff teams

Sadly looks like his some self employed rapper whos awful

This year's SEC is such a de ja vu of last years. Alabama and Tennessee both being favored preseason to win their divisions, with Alabama holding true and Tennessee falling off hard. Florida limps in to the CCG coming off a big loss to FSU where the Florida offense struggled mightily. I think, as opposed to last year, Alabama will beat Florida more than just 2 TD's in the CCG

andycapps

This year's SEC is such a de ja vu of last years. Alabama and Tennessee both being favored preseason to win their divisions, with Alabama holding true and Tennessee falling off hard. Florida limps in to the CCG coming off a big loss to FSU where the Florida offense struggled mightily. I think, as opposed to last year, Alabama will beat Florida more than just 2 TD's in the CCG
Gonna be hard for Tennessee and Florida to improve as well. They're ranked 12 and 18 respectively for 2017 recruiting class thus far.

Maryland is currently ranked ahead of Florida in those rankings. And they have a 5 star committed?

Vanillalite

I fundamentally disagree with that article particularly this.

This is supposed to be hard, isn't it? After all, it is the postseason of America's second-biggest sport. And what makes this sport so unique, what separates it from the NFL, is a level of passion and a degree of difficulty that exist nowhere else.

Why? Why is it suppose to be hard? Just cause? Not like going to 8 teams makes it anyway like the NFL.

Are we just making it hard for "reasons"? Why make it harder when you could make it easier?

Let me be clear while I personally prefer more teams I've heard solid reasoned arguments for keeping it at 4. This just cause bullshit or it should be hard isn't one of those.

Lunar15

Alabama is favored by 24.5 points hah.

No fucking duh. I think it'll be a nice night for a long walk, basically.

EDIT: And I just saw that Sherit is out for the game. Great.

Who the fuck is our strength and conditioning coach? Totally unacceptable level of injuries this year. Out nine starters?

Vanillalite

Ah the old "But the regular season would mean less if we expanded to 8" argument
That game (tOSU/Michigan) still would have meant a lot with an 8 team playoff where 5 conference champions and 3 at large teams make the tournament as both of those teams would have been fighting for 1 of those 3 at large spots.

What's funny about this is if OSU gets in over PSU then your fundamentally saying but winning your conference championship during the regular season means less. Not to mention it already means less as with 4 spots you aren't even getting all 5 conferences in as it is.

I'm not even fully against OSU getting in as the current system is setup to ideally get the best 4 teams in. That doesn't align with the regular season per say under the current version of the rules though.

Alabama
tOSU
Michigan

Alabama
tOSU
Michigan
Colorado/B1G champ

Hoo boy, That would make the PSU/Wisconsin fan base pretty fired up.

jjasper

I still don't understand this revisionist history about us being favored to win the east last year. People were saying it before the year too talking about constantly being overhyped. Last year we were picked to finish second in the east and in the 20's in the preseason ranking.

Gonna be hard for Tennessee and Florida to improve as well. They're ranked 12 and 18 respectively for 2017 recruiting class thus far.

Yeah we aren't going to go much higher. In fact I am sure we drop spots. We just don't have a lot of spots this year. Plus once a coach gets on that "hot seat" recruiting usually starts to fall off.

Alabama
tOSU
Michigan

Alabama
tOSU
Michigan
Colorado/B1G champ
I think I agree with this..

Jombie

But Washington will have two losses if they lose to Colorado

If they win the pac12 championship, that is.

I'de take a 2 loss conference champion Colorado over a 2 loss Michigan that didn't even play in the conference champ game

The committee is going to have to communicate that the conference championships aren't now completely useless beyond being money makers.

Lonestar

Hey, if this is the last year of the Conference Championship games, I'm ok with starting and ending the SEC Championship the same way: Beating Florida.

If they win the pac12 championship, that is.

The committee is going to have to communicate that the conference championships aren't now completely useless beyond being money makers.

I think this is the big thing, if teams start getting in without winning conference titles, what was the point of all that grand standing about the Big 12's lack of title game?

It's like that old improv show with Drew Carey, "the rules are made up and the points don't matter."

Miggytronz

Put me on the 8 team playoff bandwagon. It hits the sweet spot for College Football. Especially with bringing in Conference Champions. I feel like it's a no brainer.

tebunker

Banned
Aranda got that new three year deal from O before Herman could come knocking I like it.

That may keep coach O employed longer than otherwise woulda happened.

Still will be interesting to find out what offensive genious he promised to land. I still think yall are getting Sark.

Top Bottom