• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
got this in an email from GOG can we add it to the OT????

uby9tlleid

Last edited by a moderator:

Denton

That feeling when you get an email from the retail store that your CE has been sent out....

to a company you no longer work for, because you made the preorder 18 months ago and forgot to change it.

Well, here is hoping the delivery guy will be amenable to change on the fly.

I was worried when seeing Gamereactor in Sweden give it 7/10

They also said they would probably give 9 or 10 if not for bugs. Hopefully most will be squashed come launch.

b0uncyfr0

Is it safe to assume now, that cp77 wont be doing anything revolutionary..? Ive read a few of the lower scoring reviews and
they indicate its just your current gen open world gen with a great atmosphere... thats it :(

Topher

Gold Member
Reminder that Nvidia has a game ready driver for this, v457.51, available to download right now. One bit of housekeeping you might want to get out of the way before launch day - and that goes double if you're one of the rich bastards lucky people with a 30xx card :)

Hmmm, v457.51 is dated 12/02/2020. That's the one I already have installed now.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Trailer gave me chills, but listen whispering lady: I'm here to hack, fuck, and get high. You can deal with the arson and slaughter yourself. Good talk, let's get some rest.

(source)

wFPcwbx.png

"
The wait for Cyberpunk 2077 is almost over. It's been quite the journey, and first of all we want to thank all of you for being with us along the way. We know there's a fair amount of anticipation for the game, and very soon you will all be able to decide whether or not we lived up to the hype.

Launch day is always a mix of excitement and constant nerve-wracking, and with this being the first game we've developed that isn't titled 'The Witcher', we'd be lying if we said we weren't anxious to see what you think once you've sunk your teeth into it. With this launch trailer, we're just about ready to flick the switch and see Cyberpunk 2077 go from ours to become yours. We set out to create our most immersive world yet, and we believe that the stories waiting for you to uncover, and the relationships you'll forge during your time in Night City, will stick with you for quite some time.

We've mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we're not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we've learned a lot from our work on both Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077 offering substantial, story-driven content that'll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won't soon forget.

But before we get there, we'll first be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that'll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you're looking forward to them!

We want to end this message with a request. Once you play/finished the game, we would love it if you got back to us and told us who your V was. Our forums and social media are there for you. We want to know how you found Night City and what choices you made. We created a huge world for you to jump into, tell us your story.

CD PROJEKT RED team

"

(source)

wFPcwbx.png

"
The wait for Cyberpunk 2077 is almost over. It's been quite the journey, and first of all we want to thank all of you for being with us along the way. We know there's a fair amount of anticipation for the game, and very soon you will all be able to decide whether or not we lived up to the hype.

Launch day is always a mix of excitement and constant nerve-wracking, and with this being the first game we've developed that isn't titled 'The Witcher', we'd be lying if we said we weren't anxious to see what you think once you've sunk your teeth into it. With this launch trailer, we're just about ready to flick the switch and see Cyberpunk 2077 go from ours to become yours. We set out to create our most immersive world yet, and we believe that the stories waiting for you to uncover, and the relationships you'll forge during your time in Night City, will stick with you for quite some time.

We've mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we're not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we've learned a lot from our work on both Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077 offering substantial, story-driven content that'll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won't soon forget.

But before we get there, we'll first be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that'll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you're looking forward to them!

We want to end this message with a request. Once you play/finished the game, we would love it if you got back to us and told us who your V was. Our forums and social media are there for you. We want to know how you found Night City and what choices you made. We created a huge world for you to jump into, tell us your story.

CD PROJEKT RED team

"
Frankly, this is why I support this company. The fact that Blood & Wine/Hearts of Stone exist. Especially Blood & Wine which legit took me 30+ hours to beat and I loved every minute of it. The free DLC. The other noise is just that to me, noise. I don't see the problems in their writing that others so desperately want to inject into them. And personally, I don't give a shit what some moron on their social media page says anymore. I'm over caring about what someone on social media says or thinks.

Tesseract

Banned
(source)

wFPcwbx.png

"

CD PROJEKT RED team

"
fucking aces, this is why cdpr is among the best

(source)

wFPcwbx.png

"

CD PROJEKT RED team

"
Thanks for typing that out B-Universe. I was having a damn hard time trying to read that fucker. Note to CD Projekt Red I am so looking forward to Cyberpunk but NEXT TIME dont go with yellow bleeding backgrounds. Some of us are near blind from years of self abuse as a teenager.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
From the reviews sounds like this game needed a few more months in the oven which suits me tbh but ma'an 20hr main story!? Didn't see that one coming... Oh and excellent OT

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Is it safe to assume now, that cp77 wont be doing anything revolutionary..? Ive read a few of the lower scoring reviews and
they indicate its just your current gen open world gen with a great atmosphere... thats it :(
That sounds amazing! A brand new game with incredible atmosphere? Sign me up.

We’re people expecting this game to change their lives and all of gaming? Why? Ive never been a fan of people judging a game based on hyperbolic hype. Comparing a real game to a fantasy product that is revolutionary and life changing and only exists in someone’s mind seems like a pointless exercise. the game will never live up to your fantasy.

Also Please tell me the last game that “did something revolutionary” I’ll wait.

While I’m waiting I’ll play an amazing game that actually exists.

Last edited:
Thanks for typing that out B-Universe. I was having a damn hard time trying to read that fucker. Note to CD Projekt Red I am so looking forward to Cyberpunk but NEXT TIME dont go with yellow bleeding backgrounds. Some of us are near blind from years of self abuse as a teenager.

I don't deserve the credit.
I merely pasted the Reddit post I linked to at the beginning.

CDPR like these sneaky messages.
Me too.
CDPR make you - or your eyes - work for it.

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom