• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn near PERFECT controller for Xbox and PC - Razer Wolverine V3 Pro wireless controller

King Dazzar

Why don't they sell the wired version on Amazon? :(
I try to stay away from Best Buy if I can

Edit: I bought the extended warranty for my Elite 2 that runs out the end of this year. Going to be sending it in for them to repair/refurbish/replace. I only paid $20 for 3 years, so was worth it. Already had them replace it once for the LB breaking.
iirc the wired version isnt due for release for a month.

No charging base, no rumble, no speaker, no bluetooth and it is overpriced.

Still everything else looks good though and Razer buttons feel amazing (and actually work).

I do like Razer stuff.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Looks very good!
I'm currently using the Turtle beach stealth ultra and the 8bitdo ultimate pro on my PC (and when docking the Steam Deck), but will definitly consider this next.

Thanks. Thats useful. I assume the M1 and M2 are the extra shoulder buttons. For me they're a little bit awkward to reach, so I had them mapped to the start and pause buttons. I always have the back buttons cover the face buttons. That way nothing you do ever has to have your thumbs leave the thumbsticks. So are these two shoulder buttons now pretty much of no use due to them being awkward to press? Or is it more that they just dont feel as nice?

Do you have anything further to add on how you find the new back buttons? How do find the Razer app on Xbox?

M1 and M2 are still highly useful, they're just a step down on the switch quality from V2 to V3

I use the Razer Xbox app on PC, havent used it on xbox yet

Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

You can stop quivering! I just got the controller today (bought it from Amazon) and it is AWESOME! The haptic feedback/vibration feels great. I was a little concerned because someone mentioned in this thread that it does not have vibration, but it does. I am a little curious though, where is the software for the controller? I'd like to swap some button functions.

Thanks a lot OP!

Topher

Gold Member
You can stop quivering! I just got the controller today (bought it from Amazon) and it is AWESOME! The haptic feedback/vibration feels great. I was a little concerned because someone mentioned in this thread that it does not have vibration, but it does. I am a little curious though, where is the software for the controller? I'd like to swap some button functions.

Thanks a lot OP!

Glad you are enjoying it! Took me a minute googling when I first got it, but the software is the Windows store.

Jesb

Why spend this amount of money on a controller. I have used the 8bitdo ultimate for GFN and it’s about as great as a controller I’d ever need.

King Dazzar

Why spend this amount of money on a controller. I have used the 8bitdo ultimate for GFN and it’s about as great as a controller I’d ever need.
You could ask the same question as to why some people pay for Michelin Pilot Sport tyres instead of say Hankook Kinergy. Both are good tyres. But the feel and control I get is so much nicer with my Michelin's. Whilst you're content, some of us want more.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So not trying to highjack your thread Topher Topher but I saw PowerA (yeah kind of low end products) announced 2 new controllers and thought the specs on the lower end controller was crazy for $49 so had to preorder one even if it ends up in the trash

• Hall Effect Thumbsticks and Triggers - Reliable Hall Effect sensors built into the thumbsticks and triggers deliver a more precise and fluid response.
  • 3 Connection Options - Reliable connection via low-latency 2.4GHz wireless, Bluetooth, or Wired USB for the most flexibility on various gaming devices
  • Mappable Buttons - Boost your effectiveness with 4 customizable Advanced Gaming Buttons that let you adapt to any gaming experience
  • Rechargeable Battery - Get up to 20 hours of play time with integrated 550mAh rechargeable battery. Includes USB-C™ charge cable
  • Comfortable Ergonomic Grips - Textured grips and carefully engineered ergonomics let you game comfortably for hours.
  • Made for PC, Cloud, and Mobile - Optimized for gaming on PC desktops and laptops. Connect to cloud gaming devices such as compatible Smart TVs, and Android smartphones and tablets
  • 3-way Trigger Locks - Adjustable trigger locks customize the trigger throw to help you optimize efficiency for different games.
  • Turbo Button - Activate the turbo function for ABXY, LB/RB, Select/Start buttons to enhance your input speed while reducing fatigue.
  • Dual Rumble Motors - Experience the immersive tactile details of your favorite games with dual rumble motors.
  • Removable Analog caps - Two additional textured non-slip caps provide thumbstick control options to suit your preferred playing style.
  • App Support - Test and calibrate your controller with the free Windows App
  • Two Year Warranty - This product is backed by a 2-year limited warranty

https://www.powera.com/p/pc/control...ntroller-for-pc-and-cloud-gaming-pcgp0381-01/

King Dazzar

So not trying to highjack your thread Topher Topher but I saw PowerA (yeah kind of low end products) announced 2 new controllers and thought the specs on the lower end controller was crazy for $49 so had to preorder one even if it ends up in the trash

• Hall Effect Thumbsticks and Triggers - Reliable Hall Effect sensors built into the thumbsticks and triggers deliver a more precise and fluid response.
  • 3 Connection Options - Reliable connection via low-latency 2.4GHz wireless, Bluetooth, or Wired USB for the most flexibility on various gaming devices
  • Mappable Buttons - Boost your effectiveness with 4 customizable Advanced Gaming Buttons that let you adapt to any gaming experience
  • Rechargeable Battery - Get up to 20 hours of play time with integrated 550mAh rechargeable battery. Includes USB-C™ charge cable
  • Comfortable Ergonomic Grips - Textured grips and carefully engineered ergonomics let you game comfortably for hours.
  • Made for PC, Cloud, and Mobile - Optimized for gaming on PC desktops and laptops. Connect to cloud gaming devices such as compatible Smart TVs, and Android smartphones and tablets
  • 3-way Trigger Locks - Adjustable trigger locks customize the trigger throw to help you optimize efficiency for different games.
  • Turbo Button - Activate the turbo function for ABXY, LB/RB, Select/Start buttons to enhance your input speed while reducing fatigue.
  • Dual Rumble Motors - Experience the immersive tactile details of your favorite games with dual rumble motors.
  • Removable Analog caps - Two additional textured non-slip caps provide thumbstick control options to suit your preferred playing style.
  • App Support - Test and calibrate your controller with the free Windows App
  • Two Year Warranty - This product is backed by a 2-year limited warranty

https://www.powera.com/p/pc/control...ntroller-for-pc-and-cloud-gaming-pcgp0381-01/
That looks great for the money. The back paddle placement looks good and hall effects too. Whats not to like? I think we're definitely seeing everything start to move to hall effect now, which is potentially great in general. Though tbh in the many decades I've been gaming I've only had stick drift a couple of times. iirc an OG Elite and also a series 2 Elite. The Series 2 got it under a year, but the OG was a few years old.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That looks great for the money. The back paddle placement looks good and hall effects too. Whats not to like? I think we're definitely seeing everything start to move to hall effect now, which is potentially great in general. Though tbh in the many decades I've been gaming I've only had stick drift a couple of times. iirc an OG Elite and also a series 2 Elite. The Series 2 got it under a year, but the OG was a few years old.
I am hoping too seeing these cheaper controllers having hall effect sticks we will start seeing Sony and MS start to include them but I bet that would really cut into their controller sales as I have had 3 or 4 controllers I have replaced over the years because of drift as well

I have tried PowerA in the past and they do feel cheap so expecting this one to feel cheap as well, may order the other one the revealed as well just to test thats $99

• Tactile Mechanical Buttons - Enhance your gaming with quick response mechanical buttons on the ABXY, D-PAD and LB/RB buttons.
  • Quick-Twist Adjustable Thumbsticks - Easily adjust the height of the thumbsticks with a simple twist.
  • Hall Effect Thumbsticks and Triggers - Reliable Hall Effect sensors integrated in the thumbsticks and triggers provide more precise inputs and improve reliability.
  • Multi-Zone RGB Lighting - Customize your controller with 4 individual lighting zones and 3 lighting modes for thousands of color combinations.
  • Mappable Buttons - Improve your efficiency with 6 mappable Advanced Gaming Buttons that allow you to customize your control layout, on-the-fly.
  • Rechargeable Battery - Get up to 30 hours of play time with integrated 1200mAh rechargeable battery.
  • Turbo Button - Set the turbo feature to ABXY, LB/RB, Select/Start and achieve incredible speed.
  • Enhanced Comfort - Rubberized grips combined with an ergonomic design will provide hours of comfortable gaming.
  • 3-way Trigger Locks - Adjustable trigger locks let you customize the trigger depth to adapt to different game genres.
  • Charging Stand - Recharge your controller in 3 – 4 hours with the magnetic charging stand.
  • Made for PC, Cloud, and Mobile - Versatile gaming on PC or cloud gaming devices such as Smart TVs, Android phones and tablets, and compatible hand-held devices like Steam Deck.
  • App Support - Test and calibrate your controller with the free Windows App.
  • Two-Year Warranty - This product is backed by a 2-year limited warranty.

I wonder Elite 3 will have Hall Effects sticks as well?
It would make sense now that 3rd parties are jumping in for the premium controllers.

I wouldn't be sruprised if all next gen consoles/controllers go that route as well. That's if they hold up in both build and performance.

I had a previous version. The LB stopped working after a few months. I didn't like the button feel.

I'm currently using a flydigi Vader 3 and I love it. Cheap. You can create macros. And after months of use it's still perfect. I also have a direwolf 2. It's also very good.

jaytg606

Neo Member
Topher Topher great post. I mentioned this recently in the Edge thread as its been on my radar. Only con I've heard so far is battery life and needs a lot more charging than the Elite. But that doesnt bother me.

What does bother me is my previous Razer Wolverine controllers have always had some quirk with the Xbox. Like not powering it on or having to unplug and re plug in etc. So whats it like when solely being used on the Xbox in terms of powering on the machine and config via software? Any disconnects, rumble as powerful as Elite?

Thanks again. I really shouldn't invest anything more into XSX, but it is tempting...
So at first I thought it wouldn't turn the system on. It does, but I have to hold it kind of pointing at the system(?). I don't know it just doesn't seem consistent. No disconnect issues so far. The rumbles are adjustable. I have mine set on the default (4), and I think it feels great.

King Dazzar

So at first I thought it wouldn't turn the system on. It does, but I have to hold it kind of pointing at the system(?). I don't know it just doesn't seem consistent. No disconnect issues so far. The rumbles are adjustable. I have mine set on the default (4), and I think it feels great.
Yeah, the wired early version I had. Would be inconsistent turning it on too. I'm just waiting for Gamer Heaven, he says a review is due soon. I'm generally hesitant simply because my XSX isnt my primary gaming system. And the Pro is just about to be announced. But also the new Nacon is due for release soon.

M1987

Got the 8bitdo wireless Ultimate yesterday, and it's so much more responsive than my PS5 controller, it's incredible

Last edited:
Top Bottom