• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn near PERFECT controller for Xbox and PC - Razer Wolverine V3 Pro wireless controller

Mr.ODST

Thanks my man, i'll check that out.
Good to check how much latency there is compared to your current controller (Gamepadla is a good site not many know about tbf), its never going to be 1:1 latency though obviously BUT biggest issue with this controller is you cant fix the deadzones, a lot of reports of stickdrift and no way to cancel it out

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Simpsons Trash GIF by PERFECTL00P

King Dazzar

Good to check how much latency there is compared to your current controller (Gamepadla is a good site not many know about tbf), its never going to be 1:1 latency though obviously BUT biggest issue with this controller is you cant fix the deadzones, a lot of reports of stickdrift and no way to cancel it out
Yeah its the polling rate and latency when wireless I think is lower than others. 250hz and 4ms. However that wasn't enough to stop them thinking it still their fav controller. i.e it wasn't a show stopper. Maybe YMMV.

I had heard the deadzone thing was addressed for some in a firmware update. But its something to be aware of for sure.

Personally, I'm staying with my Elite Series 2 for now though.

Topher Topher How have you been finding yours now you've been using it for a while?

Topher

Gold Member

What is it about the deadzones that can't be fixed with the controller software in Windows?

Yeah its the polling rate and latency when wireless I think is lower than others. 250hz and 4ms. However that wasn't enough to stop them thinking it still their fav controller. i.e it wasn't a show stopper. Maybe YMMV.

I had heard the deadzone thing was addressed for some in a firmware update. But its something to be aware of for sure.

Personally, I'm staying with my Elite Series 2 for now though.

Topher Topher How have you been finding yours now you've been using it for a while?

I've had no issues. Of course, I'm not using mine competitively. Just as a regular controller. I have been playing on my PS5 lately so just plugged the Wolverine in and got the firmware update.

Astray

DS4 is way too small for my hands personally. D-pad was good like you say but if I'm playing a fighting game i'd tend to be using a stick.

4 back buttons or paddles is essential for me these days as I play a lot of FPS. I can't go back.
DS4 always gave me hand cramps for some reason. Dualsense and the Xbox One/Series controllers simply don't. They also broke on me very frequently.

I don't know what it is exactly, maybe my hand size was too big for the DS4s.

King Dazzar

DS4 always gave me hand cramps for some reason. Dualsense and the Xbox One/Series controllers simply don't. They also broke on me very frequently.

I don't know what it is exactly, maybe my hand size was too big for the DS4s.
Yeah I never liked the DS4, but love the dualsense (especially the Edge). I flick between Xbox and dualsense controllers all the time and think they're both great in their own ways.

Top Bottom