• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSR

They made soooooooooooooo much concept art for UDG that they are still using the designs lmao. Took a look through it and you can see designs they ended up using for 3 and V3

I was cleaning up my apartment and found my copy of the UDG artbook. I forgot that that thing is massive.

Nah, I much prefer his English voice actor. His Japanese voice is so...boring. At least based on DR3.

his voice is a lot more "boring/normal" in the anime compared to the game where he really lets loose.

it felt the same with the dub in, his voice was a lot more subdued(well he was playing a role and you could tell) in UDG than in DR2.

it comes down to different voice direction, DR2 was truly Komeada unleashed.

I can see why people think English Nagito's sarcastic tone of voice goes against his character but I still love how he sounds. "Isn't that right?" I'm glad I watched the dub first~
So, it's pretty much confirmed that the finale will bring the story of the Remnants to the current time in Future. At least whatever story is going to unfold will have more room to breathe.
Let's see if waiting 11 episodes for Despair to end to finally see the DR2 cast in Future was worth it :/
I kind of regret playing SDR2 with the dub
Don't ever say that... You bastard!
tumblr_inline_mr6w8izxZM1qz4rgp.png

Something about the low key and calm venom in JP Komaeda's voice is so much more enthralling than Bosch's brash Nagito.
Eh, I'm not well-versed in English VAs but doesn't Bryce Papenbrook (I think?) voices Nagito while Bosch voices Hajime?

kewlmyc

So it seems we may know what the 'special program' that takes despair arc 12's slot is now if this schedule listing is legit.

Danganronpa 3: Hope Arc

Am I looking at this correctly? Is this "special" supposed to be an hour long?

Danganronpa 3 has to be a nightmare to work on for the animation studio. They're not that big yet they're putting out 2 seasons worth of content in one season.

Mendrox

Am I looking at this correctly? Is this "special" supposed to be an hour long?

Danganronpa 3 has to be a nightmare to work on for the animation studio. They're not that big yet they're putting out 2 seasons worth of content in one season.

No it's just a rerun of both episodes that week.

Capndrake

Despair 11

Nothing unexpected really happened. Cool that they showed a bit of DR1 and DR2 though. Also hell yes, they used Kill Command.

Shouta

Despair 11

From the way Junko stated it, there were was still a possibility the DR2 cast could have pulled out of it but I guess that didn't happen, lol. Boring ep otherwise, at least we got to see what happened.

GSR

Despair 11
Pretty much a "you know what you're getting ep.". Enjoyable enough from a fan POV but it kind of felt like they were just ticking off the boxes.

Glad to see Hope Side confirmed, I really wasn't looking forward to them trying to wrap everything up in one future ep. That said watch Future 12 stall like there's no tomorrow now lmao

GSR

Where are people getting the hour long thing from? I don't see any mention of length either in the schedule posted earlier or on the official site.

NeonZ

I'm on the "Munakata is the mastermind" train right now so I think it could work. Also he has a sword because he'll commit seppuku after losing both of the people he loved.

Why would he need the NG Codes if he were the mastermind? There's no reason he'd be freaked out by Tengan's answer to his question either. I don't think Munakata as the mastermind works at all unless he erased his own memories of planning this for some reason.

Despair 11

That ended on a whimper. Pretty much what I expected, but I'll be salty forever that the skipped on DR0. This episode was clearly a 'Check the boxes' one, and it showed; there was not even an excuse for a plot behind the events shown.

The biggest thing I can get from this is that Kamukura has to be involved in the events behind the DR3 killing game. He's clearly playing for no team, just looking for the maximum entertainment he can get. Or he was at least until he entered the NWP - who knows what he is going to do now.

The rest of it was fan-pandering at its finest. Junko in her DR0 outfit, the DR1 kids securing the old building, and the Reserve Course suicide. I suppose the highlight was seeing Chiaki's introduction in DR2; I really liked that the pauses in her dialogue clearly showed she was an AI buffering information from a database. But we still lack any info on the NWP - maybe the Hope episode clears that.

Are there no fan subs either? Jeez, I was hoping to watch this when I get off work....
Yeah there are.

Despair 11
Boring, pointless and confusing. Chisa gives a speech and they're all perfectly fine, cut away, suddenly they all have swirly eyes but are talking about stuff like solving world pollution and spreading hope through song, then they casually call themselves despair and blow up the classroom? Like, what? I feel like 3 or 4 different scenarios got tossed in a blender and that scene is the result. The rest is basically a whole load of nothing. DR0 doesn't get covered, the background for the NWP may or may not be shown in Hope, the actions of the DR2 cast aren't shown and neither are their despair forms. Meh/10.

kewlmyc

Is this really not out yet? I raced home after class to watch this. :/

Officially, no. Non-officially, yes.

Despite finally seeing the end of the world, I'm not all that satisfied with it. I wanted something more than just "the school got destroyed and suddenly the whole world went to shit."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom