• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasumi

Banned
I'm just going to say I enjoyed it, and it felt pretty much in-line with the rest of the DR series. Lot of hyperbole floating around. Looking forward to Thursday.

MBison

I'm just gonna start watching this. Is it best to watch future and despair at the same time (i.e.: episode 1 of each then more on) or should I watch all of one then the other? Or does it matter?

Thanks!

Permanently A

I'm just gonna start watching this. Is it best to watch future and despair at the same time (i.e.: episode 1 of each then more on) or should I watch all of one then the other? Or does it matter?

Thanks!

same time, it matters. watch future 1, despair 1, future 2, despair 2 and so on.

Future 12

Despite my distaste for the general direction things have been going I thought Future might be able to end up sort of alright. I guess not.

At this point I'm just ready for this to end.

Razmos

I started watching it raw briefly and saw the conversation between Chisa and Tengan and just heard zetsubou being said a lot lol.

Bruh, why did I read the spoilers...I'm gonna go write a haiku about hope and despair or something. Good lord. At least Mob Psycho 100 delivered.

PsionBolt

That was pretty damn hilarious there at the end. I don't know what I expected the stinger to be, but
SS Hajime doing his best Cyborg Ninja impression
was not it.
Someone should make a compilation of all the Metal Gear moments in this franchise. (Who am I kidding, Reddit probably already has...)

Also: reports of
recap episode
are greatly exaggerated. It was a whole whopping
3 and a half minutes
, and it was worth it for
Junko

NullMoon

Neo Member
Damn Funimation and it's stupid delays. I specifically subscribed to them so I wouldn't have to bootleg Danganronpa, and in the end I had to anyways because I'm too impatient to wait for them to finally go up. Now if only the fun subs would go up already that would be lovely.

Permanently A

Future 12

are you fucking kidding me

lamest fucking motivation ever holy fuck. you can't even meme with this one. Its not C O M P L E X its just dumb. just steal the fucking video from mitarai.

with only one episode left and
spending a third on recap
I've given up all hope on the final episode being a good ending. we're going to have 24 minutes to

• probably revive kyoko
    since she wasn't in the death recap
  • stop mitarai
  • give the DR2 characters a final hurrah
  • have hajimeme do whatever the fuck he's here to do
  • probably an epilogue and monologue about hope to end the trilogy

in conclusion

7izuuv9jadlx.png

the one good thing to come out of this episode was
munakata the edgehog who outruns bullets and doesn't afraid of nothing

MANUELF

Banned
Future 12
Wouldnt it have been easier and less bloody to simply talk with Mitarai about the beneifts of using the video?

Permanently A

Future 12
Wouldnt it have been easier and less bloody to simply talk with Mitarai about the beneifts of using the video?

All Tengan has to do is fucking
TAKE RYOTA'S PHONE

also
fucking FF base happens to have a tower that can broadcast a signal to the entire WORLD (holy fucking shit this is dumb) and chisa gets her hands on the suicide brainwashing videos and she GIVES THEM TO TENGAN!? WAT. why the fuck wouldn't she immediately upload that shit and have everyone commit mass suicide?

Tecl0n

Future 12:

top kek.

The only good stuff i see is Talent NG code is actually ingenious given the bullshit DEM ,and orbiting NEET brat

Drago

Future 12

I don't even know what I watched lol.
fucking brainwashing. jesus christ what a shitty plot device and it has become the crux of this whole anime and by extension the entire series. Ass!!

Still hype for Hope Side though even if it'll probably be bad too :(

All Tengan has to do is fucking
TAKE RYOTA'S PHONE

also
fucking FF base happens to have a tower that can broadcast a signal to the entire WORLD (holy fucking shit this is dumb) and chisa gets her hands on the suicide brainwashing videos and she GIVES THEM TO TENGAN!? WAT. why the fuck wouldn't she immediately upload that shit and have everyone commit mass suicide?

The fact that that was the reason confirms it. Everyone in this anime is stupid.

Permanently A

Oh my god dude, the more I think about it the worse it gets.

Why the fuck did Tengan give Ryota an NG code and bracelet? Why did he even put him in the killing game at all? Isn't the whole thing pointless if Ryota dies? Why did he make Munakata go ragemode and increase the chances of Ryota dying? Why didn't he just take Ryota's phone when everyone was knocked out at the beginning?

we're reaching motivations that are complex here

Bowlie

Banned
I almost thought that Mitarai's anime would be Future Side, a 4th wall breaking moment. That would still be better than a kaleidoscope gif turning people into [hope] slaves.

Future 12
lamest fucking motivation ever holy fuck. you can't even meme with this one. Its not C O M P L E X its just dumb. just steal the fucking video from mitarai.

in conclusion

7izuuv9jadlx.png

If you really need to motivate him to complete it, why not just hold a fucking gun to his head? I realize that suspension of disbelief is required for these kinds of stories, but this was just absurd. Why even go through with the killing game? Surely there could've been an easier way to get the Hope video out there.

That image is more true than ever.

So our only hope at this point is that the Hope Episode isn't god awful.

This was horrible.

And sadly, I'd say there's almost no hope that "Hope Arc" is good.

If you really need to motivate him to complete it, why not just hold a fucking gun to his head? I realize that suspension of disbelief is required for these kinds of stories, but this was just absurd. Why even go through with the killing game? Surely there could've been an easier way to get the Hope video out there.

From what we saw, I think it was already complete. It's just that he didn't to use it for reasons, and apparently stealing or forcing him to deploy is much more complex to do than that sham of a mutual killing.

Necromancy would've been preferable.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, I was wondering what had people so freaked out now after everything. I guess I kinda get it, but people still hadn't made peace with the fact that this anime was going to end terribly? Episode Hope won't be great, either.

Very weak mastermind motivation, though I can kinda buy it. The issue is that
Mitarai was put in harm's way, when him dying would have ruined the whole plan.

Or hell, if you're already at the point where
you'll have the FF kill each other off so that special snowflake Mitarai gains the motivation to upload the video, why not go the Junko route and just straight up threaten him and those he's close to? It'd obviously work.

Weak stuff all around. Who woulda thought?

Heh, I was wondering what had people so freaked out now after everything. I guess I kinda get it, but people still hadn't made peace with the fact that this anime was going to end terribly? Episode Hope won't be great, either.

Very weak mastermind motivation, though I can kinda buy it. The issue is that
Mitarai was put in harm's way, when him dying would have ruined the whole plan.

Or hell, if you're already at the point where
you'll have the FF kill each other off so that special snowflake Mitarai gains the motivation to upload the video, why not go the Junko route and just straight up threaten him and those he's close to? It'd obviously work.

Weak stuff all around. Who woulda thought?

Mitarai being in harm's way wasn't the plan though. That said, it's hard to understand why he would even be given an NG in the first place.

Future 12

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

anyway, are you sure tengen isn't despair or just insane? what a convoluted way to get a hope video shown

honestly i like the idea, too much hope isn't a good thing as shown as in the hope video
it serves as a nice contrast to the usual despair is bad idea

just the whole reason why we came to this is pretty terrible lol
cause you basically decimated the entire future foundation of the heads of the divisions just to get a kid to show off their brainwashing video for whatever reason

anyway, rip aoi for real maybe
persona4 protag going dual edge was pretty cool
juzo is really dead
kirigiri was surprisingly not shown in the montage of victims, hmmmmm
the theater with junko and chisa was a nice umineko touch
i'm still hyped for izuru to finally do something on screen

all in all, i'm more disappointed all the crack theories we had didn't pan out lol

FluxWaveZ

Mitarai being in harm's way wasn't the plan though. That said, it's hard to understand why he would even be given an NG in the first place.

Bingo to the bolded; that's what I'm saying.
They talk about how Mitarai being there wasn't part of the plan, which is why Tengan was surprised, but why then was he outfitted with a bracelet and a dumb NG code when everyone was made to be knocked out when everything started? He could have been killed in any number of ways or killing himself. It doesn't make sense.

the whole thing is such a fucking hilariously heavy handed attempt at "maybe hope and despair aren't so different???" even for this series's standards christ. it's way worse than kyosuke ever was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom