• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

its happening for sure...just gotta see how they come back into this. either saving them all, or something else.

bit of an oversight by spike chunsoft there, or whoever was responsible for the display

and uh...to the far right of that character, that's fucking
izuru kamukura/hajime with short hair. look at the eyes.
And if that character isn't
izuru
, then who is it? Every other character is accounted for.

once it's aired, it's ok to be posted. same for any other thread. And in terms of images etc, stuff like this official promo art is OK that only reveals current characters:

Cnx_a8YUAAEY5ab.jpg

on the other hand, when said official promo display turns into an absolutely genuine spoiler of a returning character, it needs to be spoilered or behind a link:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnx_e05UAAAh3Wp.jpg

and then their name would need to be put behind a spoiler tag:

middle left. byakuya togami.

wheres monoca

once it's aired, it's ok to be posted. same for any other thread. And in terms of images etc, stuff like this official promo art is OK that only reveals current characters:

on the other hand, when said official promo display turns into an absolutely genuine spoiler of a returning character, it needs to be spoilered or behind a link:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnx_e05UAAAh3Wp.jpg

and then their name would need to be put behind a spoiler tag:

middle left. byakuya togami.

Huh. It makes sense.

Ultimate Despair - Ultimate Imposter was impersonating Byakuya Togami, right? I guess we'll see their transformation too.

UberTag

Huh. It makes sense.

Ultimate Despair - Ultimate Imposter was impersonating Byakuya Togami, right? I guess we'll see their transformation too.
I've always assumed we'd get an episode where the imposter made his switch from impersonating Ryota to Byakuya. And hence, I wouldn't consider his inclusion to be a spoiler as I've assumed he'd always make an appearance in the Despair arc to give basis for the switch.

GoldStarz

Huh. It makes sense.

I've always assumed we'd get an episode where the imposter made his switch from impersonating Ryota to Byakuya. And hence, I wouldn't consider his inclusion to be a spoiler as I've assumed he'd always make an appearance in the Despair arc to give basis for the switch.
He presumably already made the switch from Byakuya to Ryota and is just going to switch back once Class 78 shows up or he falls into despair.
Chiaki and Izuru(?) Standing with the the Future cast and not the Ultimate Despairs gotta mean something
They're not standing with the future arc, that row is divided: 3 Future characters and 2 Despair ones.

pbayne

Future 2

Jesus thats a way to end an episode alright...
Lol its a lot of fun trying to guess what everyone's rule is. I take it
Yu Narukami dude can't open doors?

Despair 2
Chiaki was elected class president? Would that mean she was a part of student council? If so, the puzzle pieces are starting to fall into place.

Junko, in her desire to spread despair, forced the Student Council of Hope's Peak into the first known mutual-killing game known as The Tragedy of Hope's Peak Academy.

All the participants except Izuru and the heavily wounded student council president Soshun Murasame were killed. The events were broadcast to the reserve course, greatly upsetting them - in their view, the academy had apparently spent the exorbitant fees they had paid to create murderers.

DNAbro

Despair Side is a much more slow burn but I can feel the despair coming. Just seeing Chiaki be the class rep is bad news.

Also I didn't realize that Fuyuhiko's sister was in the reserve course. That means Mahiru's friend that she spoke about is the one that killed her and is later killed by Fuyuhiko(or assumed killed by him.)

Also I just feel bad for Hinata. I just want these people to be happy.

Luigi87

Despair 2

Episode had me in stitches... god Chiaki is so <3
It's going to hurt that much more when despair happens...
And every time I see Hajime and Chiaki together, it makes me that much sadder about DR2's end.

Also damn, that post-credits scene... we all know where that's going..

PK Gaming

Despair 2

Really enjoyed this episode. It was saccharine to the point of being comedy (I can't wait for the fallout) and the SDR2 cast just has so much chemistry with each other. The gags were good, the overt video game references were enjoyable and the co-development of Hajime and Chiaki was legit. It's neat how the real Chiaki is a bit more taciturn and (initially) uncooperative than her A.I self. Kinda wish she was like that in the game, but I digress.

This show has no right being this good, but it somehow works. Next week should be interesting.

Goddamn despair ep 2 was quite good, the references to video games, the gags between the cast and everything else worked together really well. These first two episodes were great for showing their lives before despair happens.

Next week is when shit hits the fan,
Chiaki being the class rep means she's a student council member right?

Nohar

Despair 2 was excellent! Despair side so far is incredibly enjoyable, I love it.

... Damn, I will actually feel depressed when things will go downhill. I really like the tone of Despair episodes.

Good things can't last forever, I guess...

Rich!

Goddamn despair ep 2 was quite good, the references to video games, the gags between the cast and everything else worked together really well. These first two episodes were great for showing their lives before despair happens.

Next week is when shit hits the fan,
Chiaki being the class rep means she's a student council member right?

yep, looks like shes a member of the student council too. and will likely end up in a romance with hinata before the inevitable happens

and that post credits twist...yeah shit is gonna get real next week. twilight case time.

PK Gaming

My only issue with the episode (and the show in general) is with Hiyoko and Fuyuhiko.

They're way too amicable here. I know having them be mega-jerks in every scene would be less fun to watch, but it feels like we're missing aspects of their character. They're still enjoyable so it's not too much of a concern.

My only issue with the episode (and the show in general) is with Hiyoko and Fuyuhiko.

They're way too amicable here. I know having them be mega-jerks in every scene would be less fun to watch, but it feels like we're missing aspects of their character. They're still enjoyable so it's not too much of a concern.
Guessing they wanted to keep everything to everyone having fun and being happy in school, though I'm guessing when shit hits the fan next week and onwards that Fuyuhiko and Hiyoko's attitudes/actions will be made much clearer.

GoldStarz

Well Hiyoko has been around most of them for around two months now so she's probably lowered her guard a little and Fuyuhiko doesn't have the pressure of the Killing Game on him to make him feel like he has to try and be super intimidating towards everyone so I don't think it's OoC-ness as much as it is different circumstances.

So, this week in Despair we got both chaos and the setup for the Twilight Syndrome murder.

This episode was full of references, to both the Future arc and other anime. We got a reference to Seiko during that whole Akane fight with Nidai, which makes me wonder if we'll see here that so called treason she did so both Ruruka and Sonosuke hate her so much. And that Hinata scene with the ex-principal implies that he was informed of the breadth of the changes that the Hope Cultivation plan would bring to him - possibily even know it would be essentially his death. If so, it will be quite interesting to see him voluntarily give up his life for the sake of having a talent; I can totally see a takedown from Komaeda bringing him to a breaking point and finally accepting to become Izuru Kamukura.

The whole videogame scenes were lovely nods, and gave us some interactions between the group that weren't touched much in the game. And everything came down to that food scene with probably the last fanservice before all starts crashing down - I would like to see something like that for the 78th class, but I don't expect anything beyond a few nods aside from Junko's interactions and her using Mukuro.

Finally, considering that Chiaki was named class rep, I totally expect her to be the trigger for Izuru and the final nail in the coffin for the rest of the class. We may even see a new ED when that happens (Maybe Kodaka surprises me, but I don't see any other course considering the death flags put on her by Komaeda and everyone else). Also, thinking about how the entire Student Council killing game came to be, and seeing that 78th class was spared until the start of the first game, either Junko or Mukuro was named class rep - playing nicely with the setup of DR0 with Junko being questioned by the Steering Committee for those events.

For next week, we will finally see the events leading to the Twilight Syndrome, culminating probably with Natsumi Kuzuryuu's death. I can't wait.

So we're going into the Twilight Syndrome stuff next, can someone quickly recap what happened there because I barely remember. I know there was... something to do with a Fuyuhiko's sister and someone died, that's about it.

DNAbro

You know I have one thought about Ultimate Imposter. In DR2 he was posing as Byakuya. We see now he is imposing as Ultimate Animator(forgot name). Why though? If their memories were reset to before they entered the school he should have been impersonating Animator instead. And as another thought he shouldn't even have known about Byakuya.

The only explanation is that he was impersonating Byakuya at the time and that's what they made his avatar look like. Probably just overthinking this.

So we're going into the Twilight Syndrome stuff next, can someone quickly recap what happened there because I barely remember. I know there was... something to do with a Fuyuhiko's sister and someone died, that's about it.

It was the motive in Case 2 of DR2. Mikan, Ibuki, Mahiru, Hiyoko, and Mahiru's friend Sato were all involved. They met up late one night at school and discovered a dead body and broken window. The girl that was murdered was Fuyuhiko's little sister who was apparently in the Reserve Course. They all assumed that it was a pervert who killed her because Sato's bathing suit was stolen as well. Mahiru took pictures of the crime scene and discovered that Sato most likely committed the murder. Sato had actually choked out Fuyuhiko's sister and then used her bathing suit filled with pebbles to kill her. Mahiru confronted her about it and Sato confessed about it said it was to protect Mahiru because Fuyhiko's sister was bullying her. Fuyuhiko overheard this and swore he would get revenge for her sister. Sato was found the next day murdered.

h0tp0ck3t

I envy you for forgetting that stupid swimsuit with the rocks in it crap.

It was something like Fuyuhiko's sister was bullying Mahiru. Mahiru's friend kills her. Mahiru covers up murder. Fuyuhiko finds out and kills (allegedly) Mahiru's friend

GoldStarz

Day 1
Mikan, Hiyoko, Ibuki, and Mahiru all meet up together and wait on Sato. From where they are they hear a loud crash from the music room where they meet up with Sato who also heard the crash. The music room is locked so they five go to the teacher's lounge to get the key. Once the door is unlocked they find Natsumi's corpse. Due to rumors of a serial pervert around and Sato claiming her swimsuit was stolen, they all believe that he is the one who killed Natsumi.

Day 2
Mahiru reveals she took a picture of the crime scene and the dead body.

Day 3
Sato is confronted by Mahiru about the incident after putting two and two together and reveals that she knows Sato killed Natsumi. Sato reveals that she killed Natsumi in a fit of rage because she knew Natsumi had bullied Mahiru in middle school so Sato decided to confront Natsumi about it which ended in Natsumi claiming she'd start targeting Sato as well. Sato then convinces Mahiru to delete the pictures which she reluctantly agrees to do for her friend while Sato throws the pictures Mahiru has on hand into the garbage.

After their meeting, Fuyuhiko is revealed to have been keeping an eye on Sato because of rumors that she was involved in Natsumi's murder. He goes up to where they were and checks the garbage to see what Sato threw out where he finds the pictures and becomes convinced she's guilty.

Day 4
Sato is killed by Fuyuhiko and her body is discovered by the four girls.

It was the motive in Case 2 of DR2. Mikan, Ibuki, Mahiru, Hiyoko, and Mahiru's friend Sato were all involved. They met up late one night at school and discovered a dead body and broken window. The girl that was murdered was Fuyuhiko's little sister who was apparently in the Reserve Course. They all assumed that it was a pervert who killed her because Sato's bathing suit was stolen as well. Mahiru took pictures of the crime scene and discovered that Sato most likely committed the murder. Sato had actually choked out Fuyuhiko's sister and then used her bathing suit filled with pebbles to kill her. Mahiru confronted her about it and Sato confessed about it said it was to protect Mahiru because Fuyhiko's sister was bullying her. Fuyuhiko overheard this and swore he would get revenge for her sister. Sato was found the next day murdered.
Cheers for that recap!

Day 1
Mikan, Hiyoko, Ibuki, and Mahiru all meet up together and wait on Sato. From where they are they hear a loud crash from the music room where they meet up with Sato who also heard the crash. The music room is locked so they five go to the teacher's lounge to get the key. Once the door is unlocked they find Natsumi's corpse. Due to rumors of a serial pervert around and Sato claiming her swimsuit was stolen, they all believe that he is the one who killed Natsumi.

Day 2

Day 3
Sato is confronted by Mahiru about the incident after putting two and two together and reveals that she knows Sato killed Natsumi. Sato reveals that she killed Natsumi in a fit of rage because she knew Natsumi had bullied Mahiru in middle school so Sato decided to confront Natsumi about it which ended in Natsumi claiming she'd start targeting Sato as well. Sato then convinces Mahiru to delete the pictures which she reluctantly agrees to do for her friend while Sato throws the pictures Mahiru has on hand into the garbage.

After their meeting, Fuyuhiko is revealed to have been keeping an eye on Sato because of rumors that she was involved in Natsumi's murder. He goes up to where they were and checks the garbage to see what Sato threw out where he finds the pictures and becomes convinced she's guilty.

Day 4
And also cheers for the more detailed one :)

I envy you for forgetting that stupid swimsuit with the rocks in it crap.
Hoo boy, yeah... now I remember that... One of the very few times I had to use a guide in the DR games was because of that absolutely nonsensical murder weapon. It wasn't even something potentially dangerous like rocks, it was gravel!

DNAbro

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Throwing out that I'm pretty sure we actually don't know that Fuyuhiko killed her. It could have been Peko. Or someone else.

GoldStarz

The only reason Peko killed Mahiru in DR2 is because she interfered in the first place, Fuyuhiko was definitely the one who killed her.

Danganronples Dis Pear 02

vFI2wGu.jpg
llxTkkN.jpg
XvD2n2A.jpg

first comes rock

Nagito wins Mario Party because its a 100% bullshit game based on luck, nice

basically a lot of setup and one line hints

- Girl who has never lost at gambling in the underworld, thats Celeste
- Nanami is class president which means we get to see her die again
- Sonia's country is really fucked up and she's been raped before, but we all knew that'd probably be her route into Despair
- Double Dragon II is better then Double Dragon 1, true

FluxWaveZ

No one's mentioned Hunter x Hunter yet, though MetroidPrimeRib knows what's up with those screenshots. So silly.

Too much happiness. Nagito, go do something cool.

cnLmFNJl.jpg

Impressions:

Future 1:

I think I pretty much like all the new character, 'cept for the boxer (I think?) who was an ass to Naegi. Why does Kirigiri seems surprised at the animator? Wait so the maid is the first one to be killed? o_O She was the one at the end of the YT promo, right? Maybe she's the traitor? The first ones to die in DR always are related in someway to the major plot.

Despair 1:

Nice to see the DR2 characters again :) Hiyoko verbally abusing Mikan, Kazuichi getting rejected by Sonia, yup, everything's normal. Though it seems weird for Fuyu and Hiyoko to be one of the few students to attend class (maybe just for Peko and Mahiru?) Eh, not really feeling the maid's personality here, seems somewhat... forced? or annoying? Idk, I liked her more in Future. (Would rather have the 'drunk' hat guy as the teacher xD). Awww that conversation between Chiaki and Hajime.<3

Future 2:

Huh, the new rules are interesting. Usami!!.. And of course she gets transformed into Monomi. :p Nooooo not the farmer :( Witness an act of violence? That's incredibly unfair given the situation :/

"Believe in me and my luck" Yeah because that has worked out before. lol HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY CRAP!! Did they just?!?! When he said that I obv knew someone close to him would die but I expected the Great Gozu to died because of his speech, not Asahina asdfghjk oh God I can't believe they just killed a survivor from the first game.

Despair 2

lol at Nekomaru and Akane's battle and Nagito's luck avoiding object being thrown at him. Heeey Mahiru just referenced Sato (who is a Reserve Course Student huh). So Hajime's already considering the project at this point. Those games scenes were so fun to watch!! Nekomaru and Gundham fighting in Smash, Nagito's luck making him win in a party game, Hiyoko being an ass and waiting for Ibuki to get back on the track only to push her out again, etc.

Oh God, the scenes after they eat Teruteru's food... Just wow. But I love the fact that Fuyuhiko was stopping Kazuichi from taking advantage of the situation with Sonia, reminds me when he called out Hajime for having "sex" with Mikan. And creepy Teruteru is creepy. "So that's why I'm not exhausted, either." oh D: "Maybe I've said too much" sure you did Nagito. :p Hey, during the credits, Peko has the magic girl mask at some point! FUYU'S SISTER. THE ULTIMATE LITTLE SISTER. THIS IS IT. At least we saw them having fun for two episodes.
What Kirigiri noticed wasn't secret corridors or entrances so much as something that wasn't there that should have been.

As noted in Episode 1's wiki summary...

It lodged itself in the door to the left of Hina's head. What Kyoko noticed in today's episode was...

Pristine%20Wall%202.png

Pristine%20Wall.png

... the same spot where the kunai had lodged into the wall was now spotless and pristine. The rest of the building may have been barricaded and totalled but something that was damaged now being perfectly intact doesn't jive with the story being told by the rest of the surroundings.

Kirigiri didn't disclose this information to anyone else which means that's either her restriction or she doesn't want to tip off the mastermind/traitor that she's made this revelation.
Wow o:

GoldStarz

Did we ever get a story during Makoto's class before shit coming down?

I mean I'm pretty sure the biggest story from their perspective was probably "remember that time that junko ditched the gyaru look and was absent for like half the year?"

actually, thinking about it they had to have had a class representative, too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom