• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

My tier goes

Sakura > Gundham > Nekomaru > Akane > Mukuro > Genocide Jill > Peko

Anyone else that deserves to be mentioned

Didn't he state that he and Nekomaru fought though? It could have been arrogance, but at the same time Gundham's kind of above that I think.

Sakura > Mukuro > Peko > Genocide Jill > Gundham > Nekomaru > Akane

Sakura: Obvious
Mukuro: She's been in wars you know. Not only that, but she was able to fight without getting a scratch on her. Ever. Can use multiple weapons took, including guns.
Peko: Ultimate Swordswoman + hitwoman means he's pretty much killing anyone who isn't the above 2. Katanas > Scissors & bare hands.
Genocide: Serial killer with supernatural strength.
Gundham: He doesn't have any talent for fighting at all, and yet he was able to defeat Nekomaru.
Nekomaru: Super strong.
Akane: Pretty nuts.

Junko and Nagito are up there. Junko snapped a bunch of necks like it was nothing and like the Joker, has pretty much 0 inhibitions so killing people is easy for her. Nagito's incredible luck + borderline insane level of malice means that he wants to kill a bunch of people, he'll go to insane lengths to get it done.

Sakura's by far the strongest and Kenshiro was stronger then her. Plus he's just Fist of the North Star Kenshiro, there's official art of him doing Hokuto Shinken hand motions and shit

Bonus

ExxaI5Q.png
I'm so glad Kenshiro was confirmed to still be alive in UDG.

Rich!

Hey though

What if the person who fasted was the Ultimate Impostor, and he's the Ultimate Animator in the Future arc

Ooohh shiiiit that's a possibility

You can argue against it with how this is clearly Akane though:

latest

But.. in future ep1, Akane looks fine in the flashback. And kyzuru has his eye patch so...

UltraJay

Guys, that wasn't Mario Party or even a reference to it. It was the Game of Life, which for some reason is very popular in Japan - especially the Famicom version. The only similarities are that they are both board games with dice rolling. The main mechanics of the game they were playing involved "getting to the end", income, and a "poverty fairy" - none of which exist in Mario Party but do in the Game of Life (okay the poverty fairy is an exaggeration).

It is definitely Game of Life. I can count multiple anime where it is played in either its board or video game forms.

Were those actions caused by the actual people we refer to as the Remnants capital r or other remnants

Seems like the only confirmed one is Nagitos hand

Also when Mikan goes nuts and talks about her lover she's talking about Junko right

Rich!

Were those actions caused by the actual people we refer to as the Remnants capital r or other remnants

Seems like the only confirmed one is Nagitos hand

Also when Mikan goes nuts and talks about her lover she's talking about Junko right

Kyzuryu's eye. That was confirmed pretty much in DR3 ep 1. Also, that's clearly him in the image above. And Junko doesnt really have a surplus of eyeballs to go around, does she?

And yeah, Mikan got the remembering disease in DR2 and remembered her lover, the only one who truly understood her - Junko

She also knew immediately who the traitor was, so she clearly knew of Chiaki's fate.

Gundham constantly seems to creep up on my favorite DR character list. I love him because for almost his entire role in the game, he is the comic relief. By the time he becomes the blackened, he is shown to be:

1. Extremely smart (earned the right to do the Final Dead Room challenge)
2. Extremely tough (able to go toe-to-toe with Nekomaru)
3. Extremely brave (dies with a smile, sacrifices himself for everyone else)

Ultimately, perhaps he is not quite an emissary of Hell, but he's more than just talk, and that was great that they demonstrated this

Look, I like Nekomaru too but you're just being willfully ignorant at this point

He explicitly stays he didn't use his hamsters to beat him
I'm not trying to be argumentative.

If I'm remembering correctly, they fought, neither of them backing down until they were at an impasse, then Gundham sent one of his hamsters to push the sleep button on Mechamaru's neck to disable him. Then Gundham strung Mechamaru up on the door handle in the trick room with the moving floor, and when he woke up he fell to his death. Isn't that what happened?

Rich!

If I'm remembering correctly, they fought, neither of them backing down until they were at an impasse, then Gundham sent one of his hamsters to push the sleep button on Mechamaru's neck to disable him. Then Gundham strung Mechamaru up on the door handle in the trick room with the moving floor, and when he woke up he fell to his death. Isn't that what happened?

That is exactly what happened, and the entire outcome of that case, including the final argument, relied on that basis.

If we operate on that idea, then the two of them are equal - but that's Mechamaru. If they reached an impasse, Gundham should be able to defeat Nekomaru in a fight.

PK Gaming

That is exactly what happened, and the entire outcome of that case, including the final argument, relied on that basis.

That's not what happened though. What you described was Hajime's interpretation, but Gundam corrects him by stating he didn't resort to using cheap tricks to defeat Nekomaru. He simply overpowered him using the weapons he brought.

So your theory is that they've figured out how to revive the people who died in the sim, and that after getting out he decided to infiltrate the FF and set all this up?

Because as far as we know he should still be comatose on Jabberwock Island.

yes

Also what if

The Ultimate Impostor is being impersonated by the Ultimate Ultimate Impostor

Lusankya

soda living over gundham is a tragedy

Why? Gundham acted and that's why he died and gave the others some hope. Soda is mostly a coward and did nothing, that's why he and Hagakure survive until the end.

Btw. I don't get all the hate for Soda anyway. He's a harmless guy overall and I actually feel sorry for him for all the abuse he gets from that fake bitch Sonia. She is even worse than Saionji in that regard, because Saionji is at least honest in how she treats all the others.

Why? Gundham acted and that's why he died and gave the others some hope. Soda is mostly a coward and did nothing, that's why he and Hagakure survive until the end.

Btw. I don't get all the hate for Soda anyway. He's a harmless guy overall and I actually feel sorry for him for all the abuse he gets from that fake bitch Sonia. She is even worse than Saionji in that regard, because Saionji is at least honest in how she treats all the others.

Soda's one of my favorite characters in the series, but he's an annoying fuck who makes people uncomfortable. Sonia keeps him outside of arm's length because he creeps her out.

That's not what happened though. What you described was Hajime's interpretation, but Gundam corrects him by stating he didn't resort to using cheap tricks to defeat Nekomaru. He simply overpowered him using the weapons he brought.
I've never heard that interpretation before. The way I understood it was Gundham's explanation after the case was clarifying that they did indeed fight when they met up, as opposed to him simply ambushing Mechamaru and disabling him immediately.

Rich!

Oh yeah

I remember that now, he says it just before his execution doesn't he

Lusankya

Soda's one of my favorite characters in the series, but he's an annoying fuck who makes people uncomfortable. Sonia keeps him outside of arm's length because he creeps her out.

Oh, it's not like I don't think he's annoying. But Sonia always acts all like "aren't we all friends?" "I love everyobody and I am such a nice person" but then totally destroys Soda all the time.
I don't get why he actually keeps being interested in her, maybe he secretly likes being shot down all the time.

Also Teruteru is way, way worse than Soda and for some reason in those cases Sonia doesn't freak out but keeps her "nice and oblivious" persona.

UberTag

Oh, it's not like I don't think he's annoying. But Sonia always acts all like "aren't we all friends?" "I love everyobody and I am such a nice person" but then totally destroys Soda all the time.
I don't get why he actually keeps being interested in her, maybe he secretly likes being shot down all the time.
I'd say he clearly likes the negative attention and gravitates towards her as a result. I'm not sure it's a big secret, either.

Also Teruteru is way, way worse than Soda and for some reason in those cases Sonia doesn't freak out but keeps her "nice and oblivious" persona.

Teruteru seems to spread his lewdness about and as such gets abuse more evenly, rather than focused from individuals. Meanwhile, Kazuichi focuses all of his attention on Soda. Early on in DR2, she's actually pretty "forgiving" of his obnoxiousness; it's only later on when he starts to be an asshole that she becomes very harsh on him. Accusing people of being the traitor, doing things that hurt the group because of his cowardice, etc. That was his whole arc at the end, to stop being such a coward and a weasel.

I'd say anyone with an Ultimate (combat skill) would trump Nekomaru or Akane, who do combat as a hobby and not really as part of their ultimate talent; though obviously they utilizes aspects of their skillsets.

I'm a bit surprised there aren't more people upset that Teruteru threatened/attempted to rape Hiyoko. I mean yeah Chiaki clocked him but still.

In lighter thoughts, I really liked them bonding over video games; it gave me flashbacks to my grade school experience in video game club, where everyone would be huddled around a projector as we played Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Mendrox

I'd say anyone with an Ultimate (combat skill) would trump Nekomaru or Akane, who do combat as a hobby and not really as part of their ultimate talent; though obviously they utilizes aspects of their skillsets.

I'm a bit surprised there aren't more people upset that Teruteru threatened/attempted to rape Hiyoko. I mean yeah Chiaki clocked him but still.

In lighter thoughts, I really liked them bonding over video games; it gave me flashbacks to my grade school experience in video game club, where everyone would be huddled around a projector as we played Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Yeah surprised I haven't read much about that...and the fanservice scene in general.

Welp not that I mind. Laughed my ass off

The fanservice stuff fits with the cheesy, shlocky tone of the series; I just felt the "lawl he's so horny he's gonna rape someone" joke was a bridge too far.

Rich!

The fanservice stuff fits with the cheesy, shlocky tone of the series; I just felt the "lawl he's so horny he's gonna rape someone" joke was a bridge too far.

Yeah but that's basically what we assume teruteru did when ultimate despair. Raped and raped and raped. And cooked.

So I guess Chiaki dying in the that class rep massacre incident is just inevitable at this point, right? :(
YEP ... now the question is ..how will she die ?
god i love all those despair flags being set up

Goddamn this episode was painfull to watch. I mean it's freaking awesome on all fronts , including chiaki finally bonding with her classmates while her finding even a friend outside of the class , man everything's fine right ... BUt i know ... the depair is looming , it's coming ... And all that hope , all that joy ... goddamn it's going to be painfull

Damn ...

My money for the traitor in the future arc is now on the elder , all this talk about choosing your own life , that "normal is good too" is fine and seems harmless ..but then you have to remember that all those students in the reverse course seek the elite status .. did he spout those lines on purpose ?

I can't believe how many despair forshadowings i could find in this episode...Quite impressive.

Yeah but that's basically what we assume teruteru did when ultimate despair. Raped and raped and raped. And cooked.
His mom is his main motivation , it'll be intresting to see how the hope peak fall and rumours will affect his mom and force him to become an ultimate despair...

Because it's going to happen at some point , his mom's gonna die at some point because of the event of the first killing game.

Ps: sonia is a character that seeks the unknow . in her normal state , she likes to act like a princess seeking to try new things. It's obvious she "tried" various things in "that area" as well ...

Ps2: going back on the last player with a star power on mario kart to knock them out is extra mean... very mean but so on point with her character

DNAbro

Hey though

What if the person who fasted was the Ultimate Impostor, and he's the Ultimate Animator in the Future arc

Does that really make sense though? I can see that the current Ultimate Animator is actually the real one, and then later gets replaced by the Imposter with somehow both falling into despair. Thus we got a villain for the Future. Though he was the most suspicious from the beginning.

There has to be some twist between the two shows with the imposter, just a feeling.

So I guess Chiaki dying in the that class rep massacre incident is just inevitable at this point, right? :(

If she does, that shoots the theory that she's still alive in the Future arc in the foot. I want to be ignorant and pretend that she's still alive, so I'm clinging to that theory.

PK Gaming

I've never heard that interpretation before. The way I understood it was Gundham's explanation after the case was clarifying that they did indeed fight when they met up, as opposed to him simply ambushing Mechamaru and disabling him immediately.

There's nothing that implies that he brought his hamsters to the fight, though.

In fact, the entire tone of that sequence straight up implies that it was an honorable 1v1 fight that could have gone either way. Why would they undermine that entire sequence by having him cheat with his hamsters? Gundam is too prideful for that.

I just want for them to go Despair and have Soda still be Sonia's bitch

MSMrRound

Huh, did Gundham ever say that he didn't use his hamsters in that fight?

A lot of people including myself still have the impression that Gundham used his ability to get one of his hamster to push the sleep button behind Nidai's neck.

(E.g Gundham's Ultimate Breeder ability comes into play here...and if he said he brought weapons, wouldn't animals that he raised kinda qualify too? Attack dogs and what's not. Wouldn't be the first time a Ultimate ability came into play too. The very first case had Leon using his baseball skills to get the incinerator going. I seemed to recall Gundham's case mentioned him using his hamsters to emerge as the eventual winner...)

Puruzi

Banned
Regardless of whether or not Gundham used his hamsters he still fought Mechamaru to a standstill beforehand, so he's still strong as shit imo

Rich!

In fact, the entire tone of that sequence straight up implies that it was an honorable 1v1 fight that could have gone either way. Why would they undermine that entire sequence by having him cheat with his hamsters? Gundam is too prideful for that.

242.gif

Guess where his four dark devas live? In his scarf. What was he wearing during the confrontation? His scarf.

Edit: damn, maybe you're right. They certainly aren't in that scarf in that image are they?

Permanently A

...wasn't it a big plot point that he used his hamster to hit the sleep button?

PK Gaming

...wasn't it a big plot point that he used his hamster to hit the sleep button?

x90Lapz.png

That was Hajime's theory, yes

However

It's wrong. Gundam challenged Nekomaru to a one on one fight. He explicitly denies having used his hamsters to hit the sleep button on Nekomaru.

This image is pretty striking (his hamsters are nowhere to be seen), and his choice of words are important. The fact that both characters fought is pretty much undeniable, and the subtext makes it pretty clear that Gundam didn't use his hamsters to fight. It was a battle to the death and Gundam won.

Permanently A

x90Lapz.png

That was Hajime's theory, yes

However

It's wrong. Gundam challenged Nekomaru to a one on one fight. He explicitly denies having used his hamsters to hit the sleep button on Nekomaru.

This image is pretty striking (his hamsters are nowhere to be seen), and his choice of words are important. The fact that both characters fought is pretty much undeniable, and the subtext makes it pretty clear that Gundam didn't use his hamsters to fight. It was a battle to the death and Gundam won.

I see, now I remember. Yeah, I think the "one-on-one" bit definitely solidifies hamsters weren't involved, because Gundham thinks of his Devas highly enough that he would mention them if they fought alongside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom