• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILT

Banned
That was a really fun Despair episode this week. Loved the video game references and the love potion gag was a lot of fun (Mikan pls...). All this foreshadowing though...damn it Nagito, I don't wanna see something to happen to Chiaki :(
The real Despair seems like it'll happen next episode...can't wait (...?)

h0tp0ck3t

I mean I'm pretty sure the biggest story from their perspective was probably "remember that time that junko ditched the gyaru look and was absent for like half the year?"

actually, thinking about it they had to have had a class representative, too, right?

Hey yeah your right, if it were anyone it probably would have been Taka. Then maybe the class reps didn't take part in the Student Council killing game?

Some things I forgot/didn't notice because I'm dumb:
Despair -
So the maid's watching her own death? Is this like, actually true or is it meant to be symbolic before she begins to narrate the events of Despair? lol
Future -
One of my friends pointed out that the maid's death pose matched the one in intro, and watching the intro again, Asahina's and the farmer's death also match with their actual deaths too. I feel soooo dumb right now x( The boxer and the girl with Usami are the ones being cut with the sword right? Maybe the Yu Narukami guy ends up killing them or something. The couple's death is interesting, one involves fire while the other ice. And Naegi's and Yu Narukami guy's deaths involve suicide, and they're both considered "hope", hmm.

Sorry for the dumb question I got from reading your posts guys (since the schools I've been in doesn't have systems like the student council): does the class presidents gets to join the student council? Does every class has a class president?

Hey yeah your right, if it were anyone it probably would have been Taka. Then maybe the class reps didn't take part in the Student Council killing game?

going off the logic that Junko (or Muroko) forced the first killing game between the student council members, maybe she was the rep for the first game's cast

or alternatively, considering it happened in the year class 78th enrolled, they probably didn't choose a class rep in time to send them to their death

Watching the ED, s it just me or iss the implication they actually did take a class trip to Jabberwock Island.

I also think during this period, or at least during the period in Danganronpa Togami, Mukuro is covering for Junko (who is at this point already Ryoko); 'Junko' in DR Togami mentiones Mukuro having gone away for the time. The only problem with that is that the 78th Class interacted with the Real Junko, or else there wouldn't have been a reason for her to obscure her face in all the pictures.

GoldStarz

Sorry for the dumb question I got from reading your posts guys (since the schools I've been in doesn't have systems like the student council): does the class presidents gets to join the student council? Does every class has a class president?
She's Class Rep, but yeah that's generally how that works. Basically Chiaki represent Class 77-B's interests in the student council and then reports news and such back to Class 77-B after meetings.

going off the logic that Junko (or Muroko) forced the first killing game between the student council members, maybe she was the rep for the first game's cast

or alternatively, considering it happened in the year class 78th enrolled, they probably didn't choose a class rep in time to send them to their death
They definitely had a representative since Junko had missed enough class and let her grades slip enough for her to be a candidate for expulsion. It's possible that it could've been Junko herself, but then that kinda opens some questions itself like why it was only rumored she was involved with the incident rather than it being plainly obvious. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Watching the ED, s it just me or iss the implication they actually did take a class trip to Jabberwock Island.

I also think during this period, or at least during the period in Danganronpa Togami, Mukuro is covering for Junko (who is at this point already Ryoko); 'Junko' in DR Togami mentiones Mukuro having gone away for the time. The only problem with that is that the 78th Class interacted with the Real Junko, or else there wouldn't have been a reason for her to obscure her face in all the pictures.
At the point we are now, Class 78 hasn't been formed yet. Koichi actually mentioned just about to scout Celeste in this episode if you pay close enough attention. Although, I could be misunderstanding what you mean.

At the point we are now, Class 78 hasn't been formed yet. Koichi actually mentioned just about to scout Celeste in this episode if you pay close enough attention. Although, I could be misunderstanding what you mean.

I meant that Junko seems to have been 'Ryoko' during a period of the 77th Class, at least I think that's the case.

I feel like I might be missing something, but does the 77th class refer to the 15 DR2 characters, or is it more than just them since we have people like Matsuda who are also referred to as being part of the 77th class, but aren't shown as being in their actual class in the anime.

GoldStarz

I feel like I might be missing something, but does the 77th class refer to the 15 DR2 characters, or is it more than just them since we have people like Matsuda who are also referred to as being part of the 77th class, but aren't shown as being in their actual class in the anime.

SDR2 Kids are Class 77-B (Class 77 Room B), presumably Yasuke, Yuta, Soshun, and Shinobu are all 77-A.

1. I wonder if any of the Remnants of Despair will fail to Heel-Face Turn. That would be an interesting twist. The way things are being set up, I'm almost thinking that the Ultimate Impostor will be a villain in the Future arc.

2. I hope that at the end, we see an alternate ending showing what happens in the non-canon timeline where everyone in DR1 survived and everyone in DR2 collects the hope fragments. :p

D-Man

The Despair Arc just reminded me how much I love Chiaki and I'm glad she's part of this show. I'm having a lot of fun with it and I am ready to see it all go down to shit. :D

UberTag

what the actual fuck is happening lmao
Bandai is dead.
Hina is dead and eating donuts in heaven.
Chisa provided color commentary on her death before we got to watch her teach the future Despairs.
Chiaki is new class rep which means she'll get to participate in the very first killing game. Lucky girl.
Makoto isn't allowed to run.
Kyoko isn't allowed to talk.
Kyosuke isn't allowed to go through doors.
Sonosuke isn't allowed to eat candy.
Yasuhiro isn't allowed any TV time.
Kazuichi isn't allowed to score with Sonia.
The Future Foundation folk appear to have been relocated.
Natsumi Kuzuryu is about to get walloped in the melon by a swimsuit full of Fruity Pebbles cereal.
Mario Party is a cheap game that can only be won by those with ultimate luck.

Permanently A

you know what I just won't watch despair arc anymore

I mean its blatantly obvious hajime and chiaki are gonna get married and have babies and live long and fulfilling lives

so why even bother watching

Ah, so you don't believe any of those who died in VR will be coming back?

That could be the case, but remember that Nagito is Ultimate Lucky.

Nah, I go with the theory that because everyone but Nagito showed up right before Chapter 6, he died of the disease he mentioned having. I definitely subscribe to the idea that they all came back.

you know what I just won't watch despair arc anymore

I mean its blatantly obvious hajime and chiaki are gonna get married and have babies and live long and fulfilling lives

so why even bother watching

liVTt9h.jpg

Permanently A

So this is interesting, it seems pretty likely Chiaki will be part of the first student council killing game, but then why is Ishimaru alive for DR1? hmm

GoldStarz

So this is interesting, it seems pretty likely Chiaki will be part of the first student council killing game, but then why is Ishimaru alive for DR1? hmm

As much as I love him, I gotta admit that Ishimaru doesn't exactly have the winning personality to get himself elected for Class Rep. It's pretty obvious he'd lose sight of Class 78-X's interests pretty fast in favor of more regulatory ones.

Breads

Banned
God damnit Ibuki. The "It may not look like it..." line while standing in front of that monster TV had me doubled over.

Permanently A

The image on the screen once again changed. Instead, it now showed a corridor. In the corridor was a running man whose face was drenched in blood. Small pieces of glass had embedded themselves into his eyes and caused them to bleed.
“S-S-SAAAAAAAAVVENMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHH!!!” He screamed out in a slurred voice. His mouth seemed to open and morph into the shape of a grin, but of course, that was not the case. His lips were torn open and he was not long able to close them. Standing in the front of him was a trembling girl.
The girl stood alone in the gloomy corridor, holding a cleaver tightly in her hands. Her creepy appearance filled even me with fear, however, the man running didn’t even see her. As he screamed in pain, he ran towards her.
As the girl readied herself into a defensive position, she thrusted her cleaver up. At that moment, the boy swung down his head.
Squelch.
The cleaver sunk into his skull on impact, the shards of glass stuck in his eyes were thrown out. The man continued to run forwards for a few steps before finally collapsing. As the girl’s entire body shook and trembled violently, she patiently stared at the corpse.
“I-I d-d-don’t… want t-to d-d-die...I ha-had to…” The volume on the monitor wavered with her trembling voice. Behind her, I could see the figure of another high school student with an iron pipe in his hand, sneaking towards her.
I finally managed to look away.

not-like-this.gif

Rich!

Everything about the despair arc is at odds with how it's gonna end up - especially the opening and ending of each episode. The design cant stay that happy and brightly pastel coloured. They're gonna twist and turn those sequences each episode until they reach truuuuuue despair

UberTag

Everything about the despair arc is at odds with how it's gonna end up - especially the opening and ending of each episode. The design cant stay that happy and brightly pastel coloured. They're gonna twist and turn those sequences each episode until they reach truuuuuue despair
You say that and yet I remember Brigadoon and Narutaru having wonderfully happy and bright pastel-colored openings and endings even while the proverbial shit hits the fan. It's a nice contrast.

I hope that ED never changes. I want to remember the happy times when these kids are despairing it up and maiming dozens upon dozens of helpless victims.

Teruteru needs to get locked up
I fully believe Mikan had sex with Junko's corpse

Who's the strongest warrior at Hope's Peak? Sakura, Mukuro, Pekoyama, I need a fighting game to answer this question.

Again, two more great episodes. I'm really digging this so far.

didn't Tanaka beat him when he was in robo form.

I know it wasn't technically real but.............still..........
Gundham told his hamster to push the sleep button on Mechamaru's neck. Not really applicable.

My tier goes

Sakura > Gundham > Nekomaru > Akane > Mukuro > Genocide Jill > Peko

Anyone else that deserves to be mentioned

Again, two more great episodes. I'm really digging this so far.

Gundham told his hamster to push the sleep button on Mechamaru's neck. Not really applicable.

Didn't he state that he and Nekomaru fought though? It could have been arrogance, but at the same time Gundham's kind of above that I think.

Didn't he state that he and Nekomaru fought though? It could have been arrogance, but at the same time Gundham's kind of above that I think.
They did fight, yeah. Supposedly they were at an impasse, and then Gundham decided to exploit Mechamaru's sleep function.

I don't doubt Gundham can fight (though just how we still don't really know, probably his supernatural abilities), but if we're talking full strength human Nekomaru, I'm giving it to him. Even after Akane took the super potion he still didn't back down.

The top three in the DR universe in my mind are, in no particular order: Nekomaru, Sakura, and pre-illness Kenshiro.

They did fight, yeah. Supposedly they were at an impasse, and then Gundham decided to exploit Mechamaru's sleep function.

I don't doubt Gundham can fight (though just how we still don't really know, probably his supernatural abilities), but if we're talking full strength human Nekomaru, I'm giving it to him. Even after Akane took the super potion he still didn't back down.

The top three in the DR universe in my mind are, in no particular order: Nekomaru, Sakura, and pre-illness Kenshiro.

I think that his fighting ability is more along the lines of something like Mukuro and Akane, who compensates for their opponent's superior strength by being too fast to hit (and sometimes anticipate).

Rich!

Huh. It makes sense.

Ultimate Despair - Ultimate Imposter was impersonating Byakuya Togami, right? I guess we'll see their transformation too.

But that's not
byakuya
's DR1 uniform or sprite. It's new, and he's wearing the same future foundation suit as Makoto. He's also on the DR3 side of characters.

Also, no mukuro or junko

I think that his fighting ability is more along the lines of something like Mukuro and Akane, who compensates for their opponent's superior strength by being too fast to hit (and sometimes anticipate).
Possibly, but we haven't seen that demonstrated. Any hints they've shown of his strength seem to be reliant on his animals, and his "magic".

Sakura's by far the strongest and Kenshiro was stronger then her. Plus he's just Fist of the North Star Kenshiro, there's official art of him doing Hokuto Shinken hand motions and shit

Bonus

ExxaI5Q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom