• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I agree, that was very interesting. Definitely makes her look more suspicious imho.
Also, I love Junko narrating anything. I need a spin-off of that.
There are plenty of things out there that make Chisa look suspicious but I'm not sure her reaction to Reserve Course banishment is one of them. (The fact that she's narrating her story posthumously most certainly is, however.)

I just think that over-the-top reaction was simply Chisa being Chisa. She's a little "bent" but well-meaning... which is why she fits her role of teacher for the Ultimate Despairs so effectively. She's able to keep up with all of their little eccentricities and has some of her own to match them.

Can't wait to see her first interaction with Junko. I have an inkling that dynamic is going to be special.

PK Gaming

Definitely an enjoyable episode.

Not sure why animator guy is such a shitty character in Future when he's actually pretty decent here. His backstory is about as basic as you can get and his motivation borders on idiotic (saving people... through anime.) but I definitely dug his interactions with imposter-kun, and it feels like they're going to do something with him. Which is more than you can say about they're doing with the majority of the DR2 cast, who are super disappointing. It's a testatement to how little they're utilized when the new characters get entire episodes devoted to them while they get shunted off to the side. I mean for God's sakes, Fuyuhiko, Mahiru and the rest just low key shrugged off episode 3. The whole point of the anime was to chronicle their descent into despair, and they really should have made it a progressive thing. At this point it just feels like they're going to lose it when their shining star Chiaki ends up dying. Like, it's a testament to how dissatisfied I am with them when I was actively looking forward to the DR1 characters showing up.

On the bright side, Junko's scenes were entertaining and I figure her take down of the school will be very fun to watch.

Hajime and Chiaki are still complete, complete trainwrecks.

T-Rex.

Banned
What if this (Future/Despair) was the anime the animator was working on and that's why Chisa narrated her death ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2OCW7dp.jpg

Didn't expect Despair to swerve so hard into DR Zero territory, but it makes sense. DR Zero is probably required reading now if this doesn't end up being a half recap of that.

There was so much small shit in this episode reference wise that they don't dawdle on.

I feel bad for the people watching the dub here, because this thread is just a complete minefield. :p

Shouldn't there be a separate thread for dub only? This is going to be spoiler land for dub people

So what you're saying is that we should create a dub Reserve Course thread that will eventually cause The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History

Definitely an enjoyable episode.

Not sure why animator guy is such a shitty character in Future when he's actually pretty decent here. His backstory is about as basic as you can get and his motivation borders on idiotic (saving people... through anime.) but I definitely dug his interactions with imposter-kun, and it feels like they're going to do something with him. Which is more than you can say about they're doing with the majority of the DR2 cast, who are super disappointing. It's a testatement to how little they're utilized when the new characters get entire episodes devoted to them while they get shunted off to the side. I mean for God's sakes, Fuyuhiko, Mahiru and the rest just low key shrugged off episode 3. The whole point of the anime was to chronicle their descent into despair, and they really should have made it a progressive thing. At this point it just feels like they're going to lose it when their shining star Chiaki ends up dying. Like, it's a testament to how dissatisfied I am with them when I was actively looking forward to the DR1 characters showing up.

On the bright side, Junko's scenes were entertaining and I figure her take down of the school will be very fun to watch.

Hajime and Chiaki are still complete, complete trainwrecks.

I think the cast is just too large and unruly to give them just due in a single course series; I think they intentionally focus on developing 'core' characters while using the rest as fanservice, of both the titillating and non-titillating varieties.

no sensible person should be watching the inferior dubbed version anyway

same for the games

I dunno, I really like NISA's dubs.

I mean we don't even need to spoiler tag it as it ain't, I accidentally learned about Seiko's death checking the thread an hour before I could take my lunch break.

T-Rex.

Banned
I like to watch and play things as they were cast and intended to be heard by the creators, but again thats just my opinion

I also absolutely detest the generic American VA that most anime have, so yeah
And you're entitled to your opinion, but you've already said it once before so what's the point of saying it again when dub only guys are starting to post since the dub is airing? Just seems like an unnecessary comment is all.

Rich!

And you're entitled to your opinion, but you've already said it once before so what's the point of saying it again when dub only guys are starting to post since the dub is airing? Just seems like an unnecessary comment is all.

Seems like the right thread to make a comment about the anime actually. And I've made this comment more than once in this thread earlier last month and you are the first to respond in this way.

Regardless, if you are just starting, please stay out of this thread for your own sake. You're gonna get so many twists and swerves ruined for you and that would fucking suck.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did I notice a little bit of a continuity issue?
(Regarding Danganronpa 0...)

So after seeing a certain melon bread character cameo in the background, the next scene jumps right to Junko. Unless the whole Mitarai being ill happened at a different time, Yuta should already be dead, and then Junko is 'reborn'.

Did I notice a little bit of a continuity issue?
(Regarding Danganronpa 0...)

So after seeing a certain melon bread character cameo in the background, the next scene jumps right to Junko. Unless the whole Mitarai being ill happened at a different time, Yuta should already be dead, and then Junko is 'reborn'.

Nope. The Tragedy hasn't happened yet. Zero is after the Tragedy and they are trying to cover it up.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. The Tragedy hasn't happened yet. Zero is after the Tragedy and they are trying to cover it up.

Ah that's right...
The reserve class would've already turned into crazy followers.

Makes me wonder... will they actually animate Zero, with that cameo being a hint?

Ah that's right...
The reserve class would've already turned into crazy followers.

Makes me wonder... will they actually animate Zero, with that cameo being a hint?

Not sure. Depends on if they will explain Zero of its going to assume you already read it.

Monokuma maid is Chisa 4 sure now tho

Damn Chisa, couldn't wait to leave behind those flithy reserve students you knew for half a year. Little things like that where you can see how no one in that school gives a shit about them, making Junko's job easy.

and who was the melon kid, no I haven't read Zero.

Not sure. Depends on if they will explain Zero of its going to assume you already read it.

Monokuma maid is Chisa 4 sure now tho

Considering how the anime treated the Twilight Syndrome incident, we may see Ryoko awakening after being lobotomized, but not a direct adaptation.

I'd love to see an OVA, though.

and who was the melon kid, no I haven't read Zero.

Yuto Kamishiro, Ultimate Spy.

TWILT

Banned
Enjoyable episode this week. Highlight was definitely the car ride of Junko trying to kill Mukuro for me.

I'll check out the dubs later. Really enjoyed the game ones and I heard they managed get most of the cast back.

Rich!

Despair 5: The whole episode was pretty great though my favourite part for sure was the introduction to Junko and Mukuro it was fucking priceless.

yep, awesome stuff. I wonder when Nagito will come back....I doubt it'll be before the tragedy hits.

Hyped for Monday too. The fallout from Seiko and Tengan's deaths will be interesting for sure, and I want to know what's behind the Monokuma door. I'm guessing Monaca is likely controlling the robot Miaya from behind there...somewhere.

001.png

crazy bitch

I do wonder what happened to the real miaya though....and I want to know if we will see an evil Monomi due to this.

yep, awesome stuff. I wonder when Nagito will come back....I doubt it'll be before the tragedy hits.

Hyped for Monday too. The fallout from Seiko and Tengan's deaths will be interesting for sure, and I want to know what's behind the Monokuma door. I'm guessing Monaca is likely controlling the robot Miaya from behind there...somewhere.

001.png

crazy bitch

I do wonder what happened to the real miaya though....and I want to know if we will see an evil Monomi due to this.
First time I've seen the full render of Monaca from the website, I know she wants to be as Junko as possible but her dressing identically is kinda creeping me out.

I like to think that the real Miaya is still alive kidnapped or captured by Monaca, but she's probably dead cos Kodaka.

UberTag

Perhaps his luck indirectly triggers that as well. Granted, it's doubtful he's around due to his lack of exposure to Izuru but that doesn't mean he's completely out of the picture.

Speaking of which, any theories as to what he's keeping busy with now that he's off the grid and the school can't track him down?

Great episode. The Junko scenes were hilarious. It's good to see her back, and in top form.

The Ryota scenes were interesting. I wasn't expecting the Imposter thing to be that straight forward and consensual. I'll be curious to see how his relationship with Imposter develops further on.

'twas cool to see the Ultimate Spy.

And finally Izuru makes an appearance on Despair side...

Also, the NISA dubs are fantastic. Funi is fine so far in DR3 (haven't watched Despair 1 dub yet), but not as good as NISA.

Lmao, this is great.

Just T

Despair Volume: 5

Enjoyed this episode a lot. Junko finally made her entrance, of course Mukuro too who acted a bit different than I expected. I read DR Zero and DR:IF but I don't remember her personality being quite like that. Ah, also noticed that other character from DR Zero, don't recall his name though. The DR1 cameos were great too, Naegi looks way better here than in the DR1 anime.

Lol what's the text saying?

Loved Despair 5,wonderful episode.

"The entrance of the Super High School Level Despair!!!"

Enjoyed this episode a lot. Junko finally made her entrance, of course Mukuro too who acted a bit different than I expected. I read DR Zero and DR:IF but I don't remember her personality being quite like that. Ah, also noticed that other character from DR Zero, don't recall his name though. The DR1 cameos were great too, Naegi looks way better here than in the DR1 anime.

If you recall the fight with the Mitarai brothers, Ryoko asks Mukuro what she thinks about her sister. It was pretty much her thoughts here, made worse in second reading when knowing Ryoko is Junko.
And yes, the character design is much better this time around, just look at this:

Despair just keeps on winning. I loved every second of that episode. Junko stole the show, obviously. Such a thoroughly horrible person, but such an infinitely entertaining character. All of her scenes were gold.

Enjoyed this episode a lot. Junko finally made her entrance, of course Mukuro too who acted a bit different than I expected. I read DR Zero and DR:IF but I don't remember her personality being quite like that.

Mukuro is very passive. Around Junko even moreso, she only wants her acceptance. She doesn't really show any emotion to anyone but Junko and Makoto.

Combat is second nature to her, but when she really needs to fight she shuts out everything and enters a battle trance. Junko's voice can still break that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom