• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the school mode in both games and just ignore the building aspect and talk to characters. Make sure you give them the right gifts. It's pretty easy to figure out which items they will like but you can just google the best.

If you played the games before they were put on the Vita and don't have access to the school mode, just youtube it i guess

I've beaten both games in 2014 on Vita so it isn't a problem; is there actually any reward for the building stuff?

Actually which school mode do you suggest I do first? DR1 or DR2?

I've beaten both games in 2014 on Vita so it isn't a problem; is there actually any reward for the building stuff?

There is a reward for building stuff but its an atrocious grind. Unless you want the platinum then skip it

1 then 2.

School mode (DR1) offers some small characterizations for the cast if you level up their affection all the way and complete the building exercises. But you can't really build, do school mode affection raising and FTE's at the same time so that will be more playthroughs if you're interested.

Island mode (DR2) doesn't bring anything new to the table, so I would recommend skipping the building and just doing free time events unless you really want the platinum.

If you actually want to do the building, you should build the coke bottle glasses ASAP.

PK Gaming

Started watching a bit of the DR3: Future arc dub and boy oh boy do I wish I got to experience that first instead of the sub.

JP Juzo
That isn't what i'm saying. The numbers aren't the issue here! The problem is that they're still alive. Hey, Chairmen Tengan... I know what the old you would've said. "Screwing around will only add to the body count. We will exterminate the remnants of Despair."

We will kill them all, we kill anyone helping them, and we're done, right?

EN Juzo
Look buddy, numbers aren't the issue here, the issue is that they're alive and kicking in the first place. That's bad news any way you slice it! With respect Chairmen Tengan, i'm pretty sure what the old you would have had to say about all of this. "Twiddling our thumbs will only increase the body count. The remnants of Despair must be exterminated.

Our solution is clear: Wipe the bastards and their allies off the face of the Earth!

It's just way less stiff and it has way more personality (1000x). Also personal bias speaking but I've always preferred English Makoto, and he straight up sounds more assertive in the dub.

EDIT: English Chisa is godlike

Luigi87

Up to the moment when Nagito reveals his true colours in my DR2 replay and this moment...

7VqHCtS.jpg

It's like when someone makes a thread on GAF that backfires, yet the OP keeps making the same arguments.

Luigi87

That's true!

I also love the first person to really contradict him is Chiaki:
Nagito: "Who cares...? Let's give up already. There are no clues that lead to the killer anyway... Not a single one."

Chiaki: "That's wrong! ... I think."

Nagito: "... ...Did you say something?"

There are really subtle things throughout.

...god I want eps 6 of Future and Despair so much, lol

If they go down that route, they definitely need it to be not some "it was all fake" thing; at most, it needs to be that he is an accidental chessmaster, perhaps spreading his influence to the outside world through the Ultimate Imposter. That, or he has hyper awareness of his surroundings, which results in his work being influenced by past events.

On the other hand, it COULD be that all of Danganronpa was just us seeing the finished product of Mitarai's work - and Mitarai is just a self-insert character. Mitarai is a character consumed by both hope and despair, which is why his creations (Junko, Mukuro, and Nagito) are able to corrupt his vision. He is such a good animator that his work just flies onto the page. He looks at Makoto with such reverence because his creation is the kind of person that he himself would want to become someday, but is never able to become. By the time the Future arc comes along, he has basically lost all control of his work. Juzo attacks him and the killing game began without any ability to do anything about it. Thus, when he asks Kyoko what she thinks, what kind of person would do such a thing, he's inviting her to comment on him - the person who, ultimately, is responsible for creating both Ultimate Hope and Ultimate Despair, and thus, why Kyoko is constantly suspicious of him. Asking him what his NG is, suggesting that he knows something, etc. In reality, he is the mastermind

Puruzi

Banned
This would explain why this couldn't be a game just like the second game's twist wouldn't work in an anime

Also Ryota is so unhealthy and fucked up because he's creating 2 anime at the same time with both airing in the same week

Ryota is animating the same arc he's appearing in. How does that work exactly?

I guess he could be Danganronpa's God and have the ability to manipulate the universe while still living within it. But I don't think they're going that far, I bet these are just easter eggs.

So I dunno if this website is legitimate, but I looked up the name meaning for Ryota Mitarai, and interestingly, two certain words came up: Ryota can mean Inner, and Mitarai Outer

Therefore, his name is basically saying that he exists both inside and outside of Danganronpa

Reading further, the name meanings the site gives has a lot of words referring to physical and mental; specifically, Body and Mind

Goddamn, if everything ends being an universe made by Mitarai I don't know how I'd react. That may be the link to V3 that people were looking for.

But it makes sense considering the "only possible in anime" story that Kodaka was preaching about DR3.

Luigi87

So Despair 5 got me thinking...

I've always played off the Narrator in the DR games as an amusing non-character.
... but what if it was Junko this whole time...

All this said, I'm not entirely sold on "it's an anime within an anime" idea; the clues seem like the biggest red herring we've seen thus far. It's a really easy observation, only halfway through the anime, that Mitarai is drawing the events of Future and Despair.

Breads

Banned
If they go down that route, they definitely need it to be not some "it was all fake" thing; at most, it needs to be that he is an accidental chessmaster, perhaps spreading his influence to the outside world through the Ultimate Imposter. That, or he has hyper awareness of his surroundings, which results in his work being influenced by past events.

On the other hand, it COULD be that all of Danganronpa was just us seeing the finished product of Mitarai's work - and Mitarai is just a self-insert character. Mitarai is a character consumed by both hope and despair, which is why his creations (Junko, Mukuro, and Nagito) are able to corrupt his vision. He is such a good animator that his work just flies onto the page. He looks at Makoto with such reverence because his creation is the kind of person that he himself would want to become someday, but is never able to become. By the time the Future arc comes along, he has basically lost all control of his work. Juzo attacks him and the killing game began without any ability to do anything about it. Thus, when he asks Kyoko what she thinks, what kind of person would do such a thing, he's inviting her to comment on him - the person who, ultimately, is responsible for creating both Ultimate Hope and Ultimate Despair, and thus, why Kyoko is constantly suspicious of him. Asking him what his NG is, suggesting that he knows something, etc. In reality, he is the mastermind

I can't

I was wrong about the lack of foreshadowing. Both inside the show and out.

There's too much. I don't know what to think.

Mendrox

I really hope it's just a neat easter egg, but that seems pretty unlikely.
Forget Junko, all hail our new masterlord Ryota!
:(

Well, we've got logical explainations every week so it wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't matter at all and next week we focus someone else and suddenly another logical explaination will be made.

I am confused now. ;_;

UberTag

Well, we've got logical explainations every week so it wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't matter at all and next week we focus someone else and suddenly another logical explaination will be made.

I am confused now. ;_;
This is simply a case of showing us the shiny thing that is this big reveal only to distract our attention from what's actually going on. The games did this plenty of times as well. Genocide Jack being the very first instance.

This one's more subtle than the others but it is still part and parcel with what we've been given these first 5 weeks. That said, I do admit finding it rather amusing that Kyoko's Ultimate Detective skills are so off the chart that it makes her a self-aware fictional character that can suss out animation error consistency.

Luigi87

Okay I finally got around to watching the Funi dub of Future 1.
Pretty good on the whole, but, and no disrespect to his actor, but I cannot stand the way they portray Monokuma. I strongly prefer Brian Beacock's take on him.

... Also, the laugh. Neither Upupupu, or Uhuhuhu, but... Nyuknyuknyuk... WHY

Ahem, anywho, new Future arc episode tomorrow! Of course I think we all know how this is gonna end.

This just screams "Red Herring" at me.

I do think so, considering the risk that Kodaka may put onto Spike Chunsoft's biggest franchise. But I can't help to wonder the possibility that he may tie V3 into DR current canon this way, by making it a work of fiction in the new game.

The fallout would be a sight to behold.

Goddamn, if everything ends being an universe made by Mitarai I don't know how I'd react. That may be the link to V3 that people were looking for.

But it makes sense considering the "only possible in anime" story that Kodaka was preaching about DR3.

Fuck, I forgot all about that quote. And after the stuff with Killer Killer, anything can happen at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom