• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fuck episode 6 was bonkers, the Kirigiri troll got me, I screamed as soon as I saw her, then I noticed it looked like a nightmare.

Then later shit gets going when we see everyone being involved, Toko, Komaru and Byakuya, the Hajime/Izuru line at the end goddamn the pieces are falling into place.

Permanently A

Since Despair's last episode airs after the last episode of Future and Jabberwock Island was introduced, its all coming together. This episode had a ton of setup for some crazy shit to come.

Chase17

Good episode!

Nice to see that the story is broadening now while there is still half a season left.

Hopefully some more people on the island are now awake.
Or at least Nagito

Rich!

new portraits:

001.png

001.png

001.png

genocide jill fucking shit up in next episode confirmed. cannot fucking wait

...no hinata/izuru yet though.....

Gvitor

No way they'd kill Kirigiri without proper development (or at all, actually, even more so after the Asahina fake out). I don't see any of the main characters dying.

Weird to see the blacksmith guy killed "offscreen", and Kirigiri checking his body makes me more convinced there are some fake body shenanigans in this whole mess and that her code forbids her of speaking. Still aboard the Chisa mastermind thing I said last time. Munakata stabbed her body after Tengen told her who was the attacker after all... where there's smoke, there's fire.

Nice to see just a normal girl and Toko for a second. Even if their game sucks.

Hajime at the end was great. All the warriors are coming out which means we can expect a causality from one of the originals. It seems hajime might have reset back to izuru.
Guess my chiaki is miaya theory stops today.

PK Gaming

Ahahahahahaha izayoi has got to be one of the most pathetic, disappointing DR characters. Embarrassing.

That said, a lot of great things happened in this episode. The focus on the characters we care about was great, and it looks like there's going to be a major smackdown between the forces of Hope and Despair. Should be fun.

Little Miss Despair is surprisingly enjoyable so far; interested in seeing where they go with her character.

Eumi

So since the best boy (Hinata) is back we can just kill Naegi right? I mean, he's unnecessary. Who settles for Yamcha when Goku's about?

FluxWaveZ

So since the best boy (Hinata) is back we can just kill Naegi right? I mean, he's unnecessary. Who settles for Yamcha when Goku's about?

Naegi is Ultimate Luck + Ultimate Hope. Even Byakuya, of all people, knows he's OP, which he says straight up in this episode.

so whos placing bets on nagito being involved now?

i am

I was saying that from the start. Of course Nagito's involved, and this was especially clear when Monaca was involved.

Eumi

Naegi is Ultimate Luck + Ultimate Hope. Even Byakuya, of all people, knows he's OP, which he says straight up in this episode.

I was saying that from the start. Of course Nagito's involved, and this was especially clear when Monaca was involved.
Pfft, Naegi's been in two death games now and had nearly a dozen people die on him.

Hinata's death game? Zero casualties.

I mean yeah maybe a couple of brain deaths, we don't know, but hey, at least there wasn't a need for any clean up.

Rich!

He has to be at this point, though I'm guessing all of the remnants of despair are still alive despite DR2.
That being said Nagito was expected because of Another Episode where he is helping Monaca.

u6UXsYll.png

they're all alive. and they reverted.

this is the final battle

the battle between hope and despair, where a shining hope will be proven to overcome any despair

nagito98shm.png

Damn, this episode was hype.
Can we be sure the helicopter outside building shooting at Hagakure isn't actually Byakuya trying to open the way for the party and that outside and inside are shown at different time?

Rich!

Damn, this episode was hype.
Can we be sure the helicopter outside building shooting at Hagakure isn't actually Byakuya trying to open the way for the party and that outside and inside are shown at different time?

the helicopter was literally shooting the shit out of hagakure

not even byakuya hates him that much

they're all alive. and they reverted.

this is the final battle

the battle between hope and despair, where a shining hope will be proven to overcome any despair

Ha forgot about that line in an earlier episode, gonna be some damn crazy conclusion. Not to mention despair arc this week might involve Izuru right?

TWILT

Banned
That was a pretty...interesting episode. So much setup; actually really looking forward to the next one now. :O All these appearances got me really hyped. Hajime (Izuru...?) showing up at the end gave me chills.
That Kyoko fakeout was so obviously fake, but I fell for it anyway >>;.

Damn you know this is made for the hardcores if they are going this in with Ultra Despair Girls. They didn't even bother to throw a word of recap in there, so I assume Despair will just continue on with Zero material as usual.

Nice to see Byakuya is less of a cunt now, but I think he just respects Naegi.

Luigi87

The biggest thing about Byakuya is he had no respect for other people. He generally regarded humans to be self-serving individuals. Sakura's sacrifice, and Asahina simply wishing to avenge Sakura when she thought she had to, were what ultimately made him realize that he was wrong.
On top of that, yeah there's a certain respect for Makoto since his belief in hope and his friends has always been genuine, which originally Byakuya couldn't understand.

Rich!

Ooh, I just realized why I got chills when Toko and Komaru appeared...

The Danganronpa Theme was playing of course!

I was wondering when the DR theme would turn up....hasn't been heard at all in all of DR3 either arc so far

good shit!! but of course, it's the theme of hope. we're only halfway through. it aint gonna last

Scout is so fucking suspect that it has to be a red herring.

Kirigiri doesn't seem to want to explain anything, so her NG must be a restriction on that.

It seems like every single plot point is moving now. We missing anything?

SETUP SETUP SETUP

This entire episode established the tone for the rest of the series. I assume we will see three fronts: Future Foundation HQ, Towa City and Jabberwock Island. Things are going to get wild now on, but I wonder if Kizakura's actions are a red herring.

Also, now that I saw the images linked previously in the thread, I believe Ruruka killed Izayoi. Will all of that plot concerning the 76th Class conclude to something or will it end with her death?

Good to see that the theory of the Remmants of Despair keeping both sets of memories was right. We are about to see a very different Hinata (if not Izuru's best impression of his previous personality).

So it would seem that instead of making Izayoi interesting, they just killed him. :p Shore up the cast I guess.

I kind of hope that Ando doesn't have a redemption scene and just kind of dies.

EDIT: As for the idea that Ando killed Izayoi, that makes sense to me. Izayoi isn't an easy kill - Munakata could do it, but he would not have killed him in the way that he was. Juzo probably couldn't do it, due to the weapons Izayoi had. Ando meanwhile could, as she would be able to get close to him, and doesn't have weapons of her own - therefore she would resort to using his.

Rich!

So it would seem that instead of making Izayoi interesting, they just killed him. :p Shore up the cast I guess.

EDIT: As for the idea that Ando killed Izayoi, that makes sense to me. Izayoi isn't an easy kill - Munakata could do it, but he would not have killed him in the way that he was. Juzo probably couldn't do it, due to the weapons Izayoi had. Ando meanwhile could, as she would be able to get close to him, and doesn't have weapons of her own - therefore she would resort to using his.

lol wut

1. Everyone is put to sleep
2. Ruruka wakes before yoi
3. Puts a sweet in his mouth
4. He dies
5. She covers it up

Eumi

Ruruka needs to live at least for a little bit. That sub plot has to go somewhere.

I'm still convinced she's gonna be the asshole who survives. You know, the Byakuya/ Fuyuhiko. Except without all the stuff that made them fun.

Rich!

Ruruka needs to live at least for a little bit. That sub plot has to go somewhere.

I'm still convinced she's gonna be the asshole who survives. You know, the Byakuya/ Fuyuhiko. Except without all the stuff that made them fun.

Nah

Thats gonna be juzo and you know it

Permanently A

We know for a near fact that Ruruka killed Izayoi. The question is why?

My guess is, the first thing Izayoi did after seeing the secret door was find Ruruka. And now Izayoi is dead and the bookshelf covering the door is back up but misaligned.

For some reason, Ruruka killed Izayoi and it has something to do with the door.

FluxWaveZ

We know for a near fact that Ruruka killed Izayoi. The question is why?

My guess is, the first thing Izayoi did after seeing the secret door was find Ruruka. And now Izayoi is dead and the bookshelf covering the door is back up but misaligned.

For some reason, Ruruka killed Izayoi and it has something to do with the door.

Why can't it just be about her obsession with having those who are close to her ingest her confections?

T-Rex.

Banned
The reveal that the killing game isn't being broadcast makes me think Munakata set all this up just so he could get rid of Makoto and co and have an excuse for it afterwards. Would explain Tengen referring to Chisa's "sacrifice" as well, she was the first to get killed to take suspicion away from him.

Eumi

Why can't it just be about her obsession with having those who are close to her ingest her confections?
To be fair if she was willing to kill Izayoi over that, she wouldn't have changed her demand for Seiko last Ep after she refused. She'll slowly ruin someone's life if they don't eat her sweets, but she's already proven she won't kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom