• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Some questions I have:

- I'm certain Ruruka did kill Izayoi, but why hide the Monokuma door? That's a huge clue.
- Why was Chisa crying when she was killed? Shouldn't she have been knocked out?
- Who is the head of Aoi's division? Whoever it is, their absence at this point is deafening.
These are all very good questions and the key ones coming out of this week's episode aside from "where's Juzo?", "why did Munakata stab 'Chisa'?" and "why did Monokuma lie about the killing game being broadcast 'everywhere'?"

Demoli

Weekly Future arc death chart update...

7WryW7xn4wy2AqdxGVwVFw8lIPkb-tIj9oIDvCZmwDs.png

All i see from this is that we're due a DR1 death, and dammit they earned their freedom.

I, for one, definitely wouldn't care if Kyoko died. I'd be completely okay with it, no despair whatsoever. So I think they shouldn't even bother doing it because I won't feel anything at all.

I'd riot if Ruruka died, though. She's my favourite and I don't know what I'd do if I were to be deprived of her presence on screen.

:''''''')

kewlmyc

All i see from this is that we're due a DR1 death, and dammit they earned their freedom.

Part of me would be glad and part of me would be disappointed if none of the DR1 crew dies. I like the characters, but if they all live, then it's means Kodaka wasn't willing to take risks with the plot.

FStubbs

Part of me would be glad and part of me would be disappointed if none of the DR1 crew dies. I like the characters, but if they all live, then it's means Kodaka wasn't willing to take risks with the plot.

It's a little late to worry about that, I mean 10 of the 16 members of class 78 are dead.

izayoi or knock off archer as i call him will probably be the most disappointing character yet

even bandai with his joke voice might at least get some development in despair, i doubt izayoi will get any further development his story since the whole class 76 thing is done now

unless candy girl's the mastermind or something

Luigi87

I love that we get a Future and Despair ep every week. It makes the waits far less painful.

I can't wait for Despair 6 though.
Time for Junko Fucking Enoshima!
Junko-Enoshima-Sprites-junko-enoshima-37361240-480-280.png

I hope that Hajime and co. don't fall to despair/die. I'm okay with just the five of them being the only survivors (+ Nagito obvs), but I definitely don't want to see the five survivors to die.

I hope that Hajime and co. don't fall to despair/die. I'm okay with just the five of them being the only survivors (+ Nagito obvs), but I definitely don't want to see the five survivors to die.

I think they are going to be a combination of their predespair selves, their despair selvea, and their simulation selves ( the ones who survived the sim game anyway ). nagito is nagito in pretty much all his forms. he does batshit crazy shit to make hope spring forth. the others who were killed in the game can go either way.

I love that we get a Future and Despair ep every week. It makes the waits far less painful.

I can't wait for Despair 6 though.
Time for Junko Fucking Enoshima!
Junko-Enoshima-Sprites-junko-enoshima-37361240-480-280.png

Her shenanigans and the reunion of the New World program developers is what I'm hoping for Despair 6. It is also mid-season for it, so we are probably getting big plot developments as with Future 6.

Luigi87

So forgot to mention it earlier, but Koichi's comment that he has a friend who hates detectives.

... When Junko mind-wiped the 78th Class, only Kyoko had her talent mind wiped from her...

This is a good thread but can anyone beat Izuru Kamukura?
I'm not talking about Reserve Course Hajime Hinata. I'm not talking about Ultimate Hope Izuru Kumukura. I'm not even talking about Remnants of Despair Izuru Kamukura, either. I'm not even talking about Ultimate Future Izuru Kumukura with full control over Hajime Hinata experience (who is a veteran of Improved Hangman's Gambit, Truth Sword Debates, Crime Manga Writing and Mental Surfing), ninety hope shards (which grant him Neural Liberation, Envious Influence, Auto Focus Lightning Flash, Cheat Code, Trance, Delusion, Vocabulary, Charisma and Algorithm) capable of being Ultimate Athlete, Ultimate Serial Killer, Ultimate Breeder, Ultimate Mechanic, Ultimate Omposter, Ultimate Martial Artist, Ultimate Soldier and even Ultimate Analyst, supported by Komaeda Nagisa (in the peak of his luck circle, with fully working Junko Hand and full pack of Dr Hopper), control of both the Novoselic Kingdom and the Kuzuryu clan, with Chiaki AI and Alter Ego simulated by his mind, four Dark Devas of Destruction guarding him, control over Jabberwack Island and The New World Program, entered You've Got That Wrong Mode, shooting Future Bullets on everybody and solved Final Death Room so he can use Octagon just from camera angle. I'm Talking about Ultimate Mastermind Izuru Kumukura, survivor of two killing games, with a perfect understanding of Future, who caused The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History, equipped with Gravel Swimsuit and Meat On The Bone while casting Infinity Unlimited Flame with his Makango, controlling the Despair Disease bugs, able to be interested in boats for full five seconds, wearing the three years old school clothes and protagonist ahoge, with desire to avenge his double dead gamer girl waifu, who can perform everything that normal people couldn't even dream of while being an expert in thousands of fields and billion of abilities and bored from all of that even before he started.

Rich!

That post

My mind is full of fuck

Or hes talking about his pal Jin Kirigiri

Yeah, he was talking about Jin - hence Kyoko's reaction. He was trying to get at her, and he knows the back story of Jin deserting the family, and their detective heritage, to run hopes peak.

Permanently A

I'm not talking about Reserve Course Hajime Hinata. I'm not talking about Ultimate Hope Izuru Kumukura. I'm not even talking about Remnants of Despair Izuru Kamukura, either. I'm not even talking about Ultimate Future Izuru Kumukura with full control over Hajime Hinata experience (who is a veteran of Improved Hangman's Gambit, Truth Sword Debates, Crime Manga Writing and Mental Surfing), ninety hope shards (which grant him Neural Liberation, Envious Influence, Auto Focus Lightning Flash, Cheat Code, Trance, Delusion, Vocabulary, Charisma and Algorithm) capable of being Ultimate Athlete, Ultimate Serial Killer, Ultimate Breeder, Ultimate Mechanic, Ultimate Omposter, Ultimate Martial Artist, Ultimate Soldier and even Ultimate Analyst, supported by Komaeda Nagisa (in the peak of his luck circle, with fully working Junko Hand and full pack of Dr Hopper), control of both the Novoselic Kingdom and the Kuzuryu clan, with Chiaki AI and Alter Ego simulated by his mind, four Dark Devas of Destruction guarding him, control over Jabberwack Island and The New World Program, entered You've Got That Wrong Mode, shooting Future Bullets on everybody and solved Final Death Room so he can use Octagon just from camera angle. I'm Talking about Ultimate Mastermind Izuru Kumukura, survivor of two killing games, with a perfect understanding of Future, who caused The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History, equipped with Gravel Swimsuit and Meat On The Bone while casting Infinity Unlimited Flame with his Makango, controlling the Despair Disease bugs, able to be interested in boats for full five seconds, wearing the three years old school clothes and protagonist ahoge, with desire to avenge his double dead gamer girl waifu, who can perform everything that normal people couldn't even dream of while being an expert in thousands of fields and billion of abilities and bored from all of that even before he started.

I don't know why but I lost it at the "Hajime Hinata experience"

sounds like a hilariously pretentious art gallery

PK Gaming

latest

Chase17

I'm impressed by Hiro's camping/survival skills. Successfully caught a fish, made a fire, created makeshift tools. A true legend.

Also did Chisa graduate and immediately become a teacher at Hope's peak? Or I guess maybe they were just meeting there years later.

Luigi87

Also did Chisa graduate and immediately become a teacher at Hope's peak? Or I guess maybe they were just meeting there years later.

Yeah. Munakata, Chisa, and Juzo were a part of the 74th class. They graduated during the 76th class' (Izayoi, Seiko, Ruruka) freshmen year.

MANUELF

Banned
Was there ever a 79 class? The tragedy didnt happen until 78th class second year so there should have been a 79th class right?

Luigi87

Was there ever a 79 class? The tragedy didnt happen until 78th class second year so there should have been a 79th class right?

I would say it probably happened around March, so a month before their second year officially began. I just don't see why Jin wouldn't protect them as well if they did exist.

Come to think of it, it's possible that Nagito getting the 76th trio expelled saved their lives (well, until now), since it's implied several (if not that entire class) could have been killed at the start of the tragedy (assuming many of the students referenced in DR1 whom are said to be dead are from that class).

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

The fresh maker Iihiko.

But on serious note, it's gonna be Komaeda. His luck will at least ensure mutual destruction for both of them

Edit: wew, glad PK gaming got me covered with Medaka box reference!

GSR

I did some hard-hitting journalism and couldn't be happier with the result.

every time there's a gap between dangan ronpa media I always forget how this fandom, perhaps more than any other I've seen, turns out shitposts at a rate and quality heretofore unheard of

I missed it.

T-Rex.

Banned
So I started reading Danganronpa Zero after there were a posts saying it's going to be relevant to the plot, and shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

"In order to understand what triggers amnesia, we need to find the molecular mechanism that it’s connected to. Once we find that, our understanding of memory will improve a tenfold. We’ll be able to create medications to improve memory. Then, maybe in the future, we’ll be able to even store backups of our memories on hard drive."

l2SpMxWvmDIUhbomk.gif

Okay, so the theory

Everyone who dies is injected with a drug that produces death-like states, even Tengan, who was saved from death by a 16th person

Which is how Hiro's prediction comes true

Jonnax

Okay, so the theory

Everyone who dies is injected with a drug that produces death-like states, even Tengan, who was saved from death by a 16th person

Which is how Hiro's prediction comes true

Well Yu just killed Chisa then. Though that could bring him into despair after finding everyone waking up.

Mendrox

Should I be watching the dispar arc at the same time as this? I was going to wait till after but now I'm not sure...

Yes they are both one series which you should watch simultanously.

Mirai Episode 1
Despair Episode 1
Mirai Episode 2
Despiar Episode 2
etc...

It's important, because characters from the future arc are shown in the despair arc and better explained what happened before everything. E.g. you missed the whole point of Ruruka and Seiko.

Kalor

Should I be watching the dispar arc at the same time as this? I was going to wait till after but now I'm not sure...

You should be alternating between the two as they air. Stuff that comes up in Future is expanded upon in Despair and vice versa.

Thoraxes

Yo, Future Arc episode 6 was fucking hype!

At the end I was internally yelling "OPEN YOUR EYES I NEED TO KNOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW"

And I was so happy to see
Komaru
again ;_;

I'm curious as to the status of the other people that survived at the end of UDG. Hopefully we get more of that too!

And I can't wait to see what the hell happens at
Jabberwock Island
. Who knows what kind of condition all the
despairs
will be in, if
Chiaki
is actually alive, and if they are able to
fight back.

Then
Byakuya's
plans are in motion too.

Status