• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

To be fair if she was willing to kill Izayoi over that, she wouldn't have changed her demand for Seiko last Ep after she refused. She'll slowly ruin someone's life if they don't eat her sweets, but she's already proven she won't kill.

Sure, but I really doubt Ruruka is the type to have an ulterior motive for it.

Rich!

Also, if she killed with sweets, he would have other signs of harm on him - like how Bandai's eye was bleeding and blood was coming from his mouth(?).

That's exactly why they showed:

1. His body with a red mark under his eye and signs of it being wiped off

2. Kyoko touching his face and realising it has been covered in make up foundation

Rewatch that scene.

Also, if she killed with sweets, he would have other signs of harm on him - like how Bandai's eye was bleeding and blood was coming from his mouth(?).

Check under his left eye. There's definitely some sign of blood there, and Kyoko wiped what appears to be makeup off of his face, which could have been used to cover up the horrible purple complexion that comes with disobeying one's NG Code.

To be fair if she was willing to kill Izayoi over that, she wouldn't have changed her demand for Seiko last Ep after she refused. She'll slowly ruin someone's life if they don't eat her sweets, but she's already proven she won't kill.
What if Izayoi's NG code was to not eat her sweets or anything sweet, then she could have accidentally killed him. Then used the knife to cover it up as him being killed by the attacker.
Also Kyoko finding foundation on Izayoi's face.

Eumi

What if Izayoi's NG code was to not eat her sweets or anything sweet, then she could have accidentally killed him. Then used the knife to cover it up as him being killed by the attacker.
Also Kyoko finding foundation on Izayoi's face.
Yeah I still think she did it, just not because he wouldn't eat her sweets. It's probably either something to do with the secret room or Seiko's death.

Permanently A

Just saw this theory.

jB4wphH.png

Everyone who is moving will be victims (going by the 3 who died), the ones standing live, and the traitor is showing his back.

Holy fuck this is actually still working.

Facing left - Death by NG code

Bandai
Izayoi

Facing right - Death by attacker

Chisa
Gozu
Seiko

And Tengan is facing backwards because he was killed by neither NG code nor attacker.

Monaca just seems like she has no idea what's actually going on and is just here to stir shit up for the lulz.

and Monokuma's been really low key, must be hibernating

Rich!

Bandai
Izayoi

Chisa
Gozu
Seiko

And Tengan is facing backwards because he was killed by neither NG code nor attacker.

Oh shit

Juzo is gonna punch someone ain't he

Damn fine episode. It's great to see Toko, Komaru and Byakuya are kicking things into high gear. And the Izuru reveal was great too. Just a fantastic hype/set-up episode.

Sounds like Monaca is still in Towa city... Which means someone else is be behind the Monokuma's door. Probably the 16th participant.

I know there is a ton of hate for Bandai, but I think Izayoi surpassed him as the most worthless character. He was really just there as an extension of Ruruka. He had a pretty good design, but that's about it. Seems pretty clear that Ruruka killed him by accident thanks to her obsession with her own sweets and is trying to cover it up.

Rich!

A double kill with NG codes, sounds unintentionally hilarious. Though at the same time I'll be in despair at Asahina's death.

Imagine just how wrong it could have went:

1. Everyone wakes up at the start. They see Chisa dead.
2. Juzo immediately lunges at Makoto before monokuma can talk. hina gets in the way. He punches her. They both die.
3. Bandai dies for witnessing violence
4. Mitarai dies for not preventing abuse towards women
5. Munakata runs after Makoto. Makoto dies because he ran.
6. Munakata opens the door to leave. Dies.
7. Tengan tells everyone to calm down and everything will be fine. Dies.
8. Kyoko is asked what to do next. She states she thinks the bracelets are the cause. Dies.

I never had any sort of attachment to Izayoi so I'm cool with his death. I mean, I'd rather have Ruruka die instead since Yoi-chan hadn't really done anything except hang around her all the time so they could've made him less useless, but shrugs. She's also not relevant to the story outside of her own subplot so far, unlike everyone else still alive.

I'm also curious about what Juzo's been up to. When did we last see him last week?

2. Juzo immediately lunges at Makoto before monokuma can talk. hina gets in the way. He punches her. They both die.
8. Kyoko is asked what to do next. She states she thinks the bracelets are the cause. Dies.

Add some more:
lights get turned on in the chaos, someone steps on seiko's shadow. she dies.
ruruka in being useless does the only thing she's been doing and feeds izayoi candy. he dies.

The thing about the killng game being broadcast, it isn't like Monokuma to tell a flat out lie like that, there's always truth mixed in when he wants to decieve someone.

This Monokuma probably isn't somehow Junko so that could be an easy excuse but I wonder if the game isn't being broadcast somewhere.

Permanently A

painstakingly crafted depiction of DR3 bad end

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/4vw63k/someone_requested_the_ultimate_artist_to_draw/

Rich!

Add some more:
lights get turned on in the chaos, someone steps on seiko's shadow. she dies.
ruruka in being useless does the only thing she's been doing and feeds izayoi candy. he dies.

Does that mean theres like, literally only kizakira and Monaca left?

Uh oh

The thing about the killng game being broadcast, it isn't like Monokuma to tell a flat out lie like that, there's always truth mixed in when he wants to decieve someone.

This Monokuma probably isn't somehow Junko so that could be an easy excuse but I wonder if the game isn't being broadcast somewhere.

It's being broadcast. It's not a lie.

It's being broadcast on Jabberwock TV.

Jonnax

Possibly broadcast to Jabberwock island and put them all into despair

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Bandai
Izayoi

Chisa
Gozu
Seiko

I wonder if Asahina's "death" already counts in this image? Rather than dying for reals, she just had that mock death.

Batshit insane, wonderful fucking episode. Loved every minute. Mirai-hen finally going places. Togami so alpha, mmmmm.

Holy shit I'm so fucking hyped right now. This is going places, beautiful places.

Monaca is great (tip: Monokuma was next to her for whichever reason).

by the way, holy fucking shit if intentional foreshadowing (from reddit, DR2 spoiler):
htt ps://i.redditmedia.co m/QDTrh5RAUXcrQ7rpjB9QmgkeNa9U _TGId-A99BZkzQs.png?w=1024 &s= (DELETE THE GAPS) 3a6c75f8e0876732bedea3c848ba2bb8

Is it possible that Monaca is the one who killed Izayoi? I have a feeling she is behind that Monokuma door, and upon being discovered by Izayoi she had to kill him. There is a post on Reddit that makes it seem almost certain that
__Ruruka__
killed her though.

Also sucks that they didn't go through with killing Kirigiri just like that, lol. Would have preferred to have a new character fleshed out the way Asahina was, though.

So fucking glad that Hajime is still Izuru. Would have pissed on all of DR2's emotional scenes if all of Class 77 woke up reverted.

UberTag

Future 6

Lots of plot development this week but it was expected plot development so nothing stood out as too surprising apart from the apparent dual attackers during the 3rd sleep break (or we're supposed to believe that Munakata cheated his nap time and took out Seiko while the attacker woke up and took out Izayoi - EDIT: yeah, Ruruka triggered the poor sap's NG code with a wake-up candy break - nice deduction guys)... and the VERY conspicuous by his absence (outside of flashbacks) Juzo. (Yeah, I suppose the Izuru twist at the end was unexpected - but they teased that eye opening so damn long you just knew it was going to happen.)

It was necessary plot development, though. So I'm all good with that. Man, Monaca disposed of Miaya in a downright gruesome fashion. Poor mute girl had her neck twisted off her spine like a bottle cap.

I liked that the opening tipped off Izayoi's death in advance by bumping the counter down to 10. I didn't fall for the Kyoko fakeout at all, though... but hey, nightmares are supposed to be actively questioned.

Happy I jumped into Ultra Despair Girls shortly after Monaca's reveal two weeks ago. I'm just about through Chapter 4 and should be done with the game by the time we get extensive anime coverage of Toko and Komaru.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
FUUUUUCK

Too much hype. Shit is going down.

Was wondering when Toko/Kormaru would show up.

Definitely feel Ruruka accidentally killed Izayoi because of NG and attempted to cover it up so she'd feel less guilty.

I'm glad we found out what happened to the real Miaya.

DNAbro

If Ruruka did kill Izayoi I'm pretty sure it went down something like this.

*wakes up before Izayoi*
"Aww he looks cute while sleeping. I know, I will feed him some candy. That will make him wake up."
*feeds candy*
"There we g- oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck"

Eumi

If Ruruka accidentally killed Izayoi by feeding him then that is 100% unarguably his fault.

I mean come the fuck on, first thing he should have said was "Hey I can't eat your sweets right now or else I'll die."

And if that would piss her off or something, just say "let's get out quick so I can eat them again."

pbayne

Future 6

Episode really re-invigorated me about this side all together. Jesus that last 5 minutes or so was just reveal, reveal, reveal, it was great.

UberTag

It's being broadcast. It's not a lie.

It's being broadcast on Jabberwock TV.
So what you're saying is that Chisa really was watching a broadcast of "her own death" in the Jabberwock Island movie theater. Gotcha!

yeah that was my assumption, trying to get Hajime and them to relapse
Would give Munakata just cause to go after them again, wouldn't it? Future Foundation needs its nemesis to justify its existence.
Can't go around reforming the Remnants of Despair like that... shame on you for daring to try it, Makoto.

FluxWaveZ

And if that would piss her off or something, just say "let's get out quick so I can eat them again."

Well, I think the issue might be that she wouldn't be that understanding about it. She's clearly paranoid. She could see it as a sign that he doesn't trust her and that he thinks she'd poison them or something. Which would freak her out further and make her come to the conclusion that he's the killer or something similarly unreasonable.

UberTag

Well, I think the issue might be that she wouldn't be that understanding about it. She's clearly paranoid. She could see it as a sign that he doesn't trust her and that he thinks she'd poison them or something. Which would freak her out further and make her come to the conclusion that he's the killer or something similarly unreasonable.
Those two clearly had some kind of complicated relationship. I mean, the obvious thing for Izayoi to do would have been to show her the NG code on his bracelet so she would know it had nothing to do with his feelings towards her. But instead he never bothered and just started to politely refuse her candy until she inadvertently killed him.

Like, why the hell wouldn't they tell each other their NG codes? I suppose we have to chalk it up to lingering trust issues that Sonosuke had with Ruruka but then he left himself exposed to an accidental, unintended death like what he wound up with.

Perhaps there's nothing more to this than these two characters are idiots and it's not worth looking any deeper than that.

Just saw this theory.

jB4wphH.png

Everyone who is moving will be victims (going by the 3 who died), the ones standing live, and the traitor is showing his back.

Bandai
Izayoi

Chisa
Gozu
Seiko

I've been mourning Hina again since being reminded of this post. I'd mentally blocked its existence from my mind following Tengan's death but no... you just had to go drudge it up again and provide a logical explanation. Damn it all!

If Ruruka accidentally killed Izayoi by feeding him then that is 100% unarguably his fault.

I mean come the fuck on, first thing he should have said was "Hey I can't eat your sweets right now or else I'll die."

this is also the same girl who wouldn't believe someone didn't want to eat her sweets cause they would otherwise die

i was just planning on making jokes about how someone drew izayoi and was so proud of what they made they forgot to design a personality or role in the show but holy shit those last couple minutes

god i need this show to stick the landing so badly

FStubbs

No way they'd kill Kirigiri without proper development (or at all, actually, even more so after the Asahina fake out). I don't see any of the main characters dying.

Weird to see the blacksmith guy killed "offscreen", and Kirigiri checking his body makes me more convinced there are some fake body shenanigans in this whole mess and that her code forbids her of speaking. Still aboard the Chisa mastermind thing I said last time. Munakata stabbed her body after Tengen told her who was the attacker after all... where there's smoke, there's fire.

Nice to see just a normal girl and Toko for a second. Even if their game sucks.

I still think Komaru could have qualified as Ultimate Medium. Much as she protests, she's not normal. It's good to see them involved and hopefully they can root out Monaca.

Speaking of Monaca, I have no idea what her endgame is. If it was just to check out Makoto, mission accomplished. Maybe she wants to get rid of whoever is behind Junko/Monokuma this time so she can be the next Ultimate Despair.

Speaking of Monokuma, highly advertised extra, huh.

I think Hajime is Hajime, but with a LOT of Izuru still in him. That's his burden to bear the rest of his life. Sure would be nice if a sweet, cheerful, supportive gamer girl could be there at his side, but oh well. No doubt those ships and attackers will be fodderized by Class 77.

I'm not sure which side Nagito will be on though.

Juzo was conspicuously absent this chapter. At this point, assuming he's still alive, it's Munakata and Juzo vs everybody. Or maybe even Munakata vs everybody.

Some questions I have:

- I'm certain Ruruka did kill Izayoi, but why hide the Monokuma door? That's a huge clue.
- Why was Chisa crying when she was killed? Shouldn't she have been knocked out?
- I'm surprised Toko doesn't hate Komaru. Komaru is stacked. Okay, that wasn't a question, just an observation.
- Who is the head of Aoi's division? Whoever it is, their absence at this point is deafening.

Permanently A

I've been mourning Hina again since being reminded of this post. I'd mentally blocked its existence from my mind following Tengan's death but no... you just had to go drudge it up again and provide a logical explanation. Damn it all!

If its any consolation, the possibility does exist that Aoi is facing right because of the fakeout death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom