• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Yeah Monomi's Lesson and New World Order are my favorites. I think the latter had the most impact on me when
It kicked it when you read the first future foundation e-mail addressed to Makoto telling him to stop fucking with the remnants of despair. It was at that point I was asking myself so many questions. Remants? Who? Why is Makoto in a group called Future Foundation?

And then when it plays again when Makoto sends you an email saying the password is 11037 I nearly lost my shit

the official Danganronpa twitter account says not to miss sony's conference, brace yourselves

Pretty much confirmed.
With SCEJA Press Conference 2015 and Tokyo Game Show 2015 and the Hope’s Peak Academy Koubaibu Gakudai-Ban, there’s a lot happening this week… I wonder why it’s all being piled on at a time like this?

I wonder if they will have a smaller time span between the Japanese and Western releases? It would be great to play both ZE3 and DR3 the same year.

Prelude.

I'm not even sure it'll be safe to watch if I'm still playing UDG.
Well, it's most likely the only worthwhile thing they'll show at that conference so I can probably just watch it later.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even sure it'll be safe to watch if I'm still playing UDG.
Well, it's most likely the only worthwhile thing they'll show at that conference so I can probably just watch it later.

I also have this concern... I was hoping to have it beat by now but so much stuff came up, and now I'm behind.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what time is that SCEJA conference? I have a feeling I'm either going to be working or trying to sleep after returning from work.

Who doubted you? This was one of the most obvious things at the SCEJA conference; I'm pretty sure I said the same months ago, too.

Some of you had doubts at least, considering the short gap in time but it's a VN and there's been at least six months of development if not more so we should be able to get a decent look at it.

Also the conference is in just under 11 hours I think?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It seems to start at 4 p.m. Japan time. So right now, it's about 5:15 a.m. in Japan, so yeah, around 3 a.m. ET, or Midnight PT.

..........so I'll be at work, damn it. Guess the info will be up on Neogaf &/or this thread.

FluxWaveZ

Some of you had doubts at least, considering the short gap in time but it's a VN and there's been at least six months of development if not more so we should be able to get a decent look at it.

Wait, short gap in time between what? DR:AE came out one year ago.

It falls in line perfectly with the cycle one should expect from these games, and Kodaka has been teasing it in interviews. Plus, there's the fact that DR3 was already teased at the SCEJA conference once. I dunno, it seemed obvious.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& it was back in March they said they were "very early" in development of DR3, so this is more likely an official announcement with something to actually show.

Alright, I just finished DR2 yesterday and something about case 5 has really been bugging me.

throughout the first and second game one of the rules in the class trials was that the mastermind behind the murder is the blackened.

In case 5, Nagito obviously set everything up, planted the murder weapon and staged the scene to look like a suicide. Chiaki had no idea what she was doing until well after the fact.

Why was this rule conveniently tossed out for this trial? Shouldn't Nagito have been the blackened? Or am I totally missing something?

Alright, I just finished DR2 yesterday and something about case 5 has really been bugging me.

throughout the first and second game one of the rules in the class trials was that the mastermind behind the murder is the blackened.

In case 5, Nagito obviously set everything up, planted the murder weapon and staged the scene to look like a suicide. Chiaki had no idea what she was doing until well after the fact.

Why was this rule conveniently tossed out for this trial? Shouldn't Nagito have been the blackened? Or am I totally missing something?

I believe it goes like this (DR2 spoilers):
even if Nagito set everything up himself, he wasn't the one who "committed the murder." That was Chiaki through sheer misfortune of her grabbing the fire grenade that contained the thing that killed Nagito.

I think it's similar to case two, where even if Peko claimed she was following the orders of Fuyuhiko she was still the one who actually committed the killing, and thus became the blackened. It's about who seals the deal, no matter what happened beforehand. Ultimately, it's whoever actually committed the murder who becomes the blackened. They even discuss how it would be fruitless to play the accomplice because only the murderer gets away if the class doesn't find out who did it.

Nagito was a crafty bastard, but damn that whole case really elevated him in my eyes. Helps that I didn't really care much about Chiaki because she kept stealing Nagito's thunder. :T

Anyone feel free to correct me, I haven't played through DR2 in a while.

PK Gaming

If you kill someone, even by accident or unintentionally, you are the Blackened. No ifs, ands, or buts. The mastermind rule doesn't apply because Chiaki wasn't Nagito's accomplice. There was no conspiring involved.

I believe it goes like this (DR2 spoilers):
even if Nagito set everything up himself, he wasn't the one who "committed the murder." That was Chiaki through sheer misfortune of her grabbing the fire grenade that contained the thing that killed Nagito.

I think it's similar to case two, where even if Peko claimed she was following the orders of Fuyuhiko she was still the one who actually committed the killing, and thus became the blackened. It's about who seals the deal, no matter what happened beforehand. Ultimately, it's whoever actually committed the murder who becomes the blackened. They even discuss how it would be fruitless to play the accomplice because only the murderer gets away if the class doesn't find out who did it.

Nagito was a crafty bastard, but damn that whole case really elevated him in my eyes. Helps that I didn't really care much about Chiaki because she kept stealing Nagito's thunder. :T

Anyone feel free to correct me, I haven't played through DR2 in a while.

The problem with this is it contradicts the logic behind case 4.
Nekomaru's death was directly caused by himself, yet it was not ruled as a suicide.

Bladenic

The problem with this is it contradicts the logic behind case 4.
Nekomaru's death was directly caused by himself, yet it was not ruled as a suicide.

I completely forgot about that lmao

Anyway DR3 hype

But idk, part of me wishes to not look at anything about the game so it's all fresh to me like the first 2. I really hope localization time is short cuz avoiding spoilers will be so hard

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I'm glad that the DR3 tease doesn't spoil Another Episode, so I'm good!

(I want that Monokuma shirt... also heh that Nagito shirt...)

PK Gaming

They're still in early development, right? They might not have wanted to rush anything.

Probably aren't all created yet.

Would have been a nice touch if they showed the main character at least

EDIT:

CO7erqCUYAAW0kn.png

Or maybe..............!

Doesn't really look like Chiaki to me. Seemed a bit sinister to me, so I thought that it might be the next mastermind, but who knows.

Although, they probably wouldn't put that out there so plainly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watch it be Komaru & they somehow tie the events of Another Episode to DR3 (note: I have not finished AE yet, in the middle of Ch. 4, so I have no idea if it actually will)

Also damn, PS4 as well? Might just stick with Vita, but wow.

Edit: DR3's subtitle seems to be "Minna no Koroshiai Shin Gakki".

Busaiku

I think this'll tie in more with Trigger Happy Havoc's ending than Goodbye Despair.
Maybe I just forgot some stuff, but I don't really think Goodbye Despair left anything major to focus on from its characters specifically.
I mean, I guess they can wake people up maybe.

Thankfully the new trailer didn't have any spoilers for AE as I haven't finished it.

CO7erqCUYAAW0kn.png

This one looks similar to Ryoko Otonashi (don't Google her), so anyone who has read DR0 knows what could it mean. But maybe is a new character or another returning one.

Thankfully the new trailer didn't have any spoilers for AE as I haven't finished it.

CO7erqCUYAAW0kn.png

This one looks similar to Ryoko Otonashi (don't Google her), so anyone who has read DR0 knows what could it mean. But maybe is a new character or another returning one.

(DR1, DR0 spoilers)
It would be AMAZING if Ryoko made a comeback that way. Finally would be an interesting villain.

Though I imagine that if she got a main role we would get a localization or something of DR0, no?

Also (DR1 spoilers)
That uniform looks like what Komaru was wearing in the clip Monokuma shows the students in DR1 as the first motive

Also, accidentally had a HUGE spoiler for AE. :( I should avoid DR threads.

FluxWaveZ

So I'm not the one who thought to Ryoko first, huh. That's who I thought of immediately for some reason, and I would be so conflicted if it actually was Ryoko.

So I'm not the one who thought to Ryoko first, huh. That's who I thought of immediately for some reason, and I would be so conflicted if it actually was Ryoko.

After seeing you mention DR0 so much in various threads and boasting about it, I finally started the first novel yesterday. I should've done this a long time ago... so good!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even think of Ryoko! I mean, it's possible that 3 could be the novel in game-form, or something like that.

FluxWaveZ

I didn't even think of Ryoko! I mean, it's possible that 3 could be the novel in game-form, or something like that.

No, Danganronpa Zero wouldn't work as a Danganronpa game at all unless it was a straight up VN, and we know it's not because of the classroom trial tease. There's the
OG killing game to keep in mind, but there was no trial system put in place there.

If it was Ryoko... (DR0 spoilers)
it would need to take place before the events of DR1, for one thing.
I'm not too sure it's Ryoko, but the implications are so interesting that I can't stop thinking about it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No, Danganronpa Zero wouldn't work as a Danganronpa game at all unless it was a straight up VN, and we know it's not because of the classroom trial tease. There's the
OG killing game to keep in mind, but there was no trial system put in place there.

If it was Ryoko... (DR0 spoilers)
it would need to take place before the events of DR1, for one thing.
I'm not too sure it's Ryoko, but the implications are so interesting that I can't stop thinking about it.

Well it totally could be a different type of game since Another Episode ended up being a shooter. But hmmm
you're right that it would have to be a straight up VN, not that I would mind, but it would work better as a spin-off and not a 3rd version. I'm not sure it CAN be Ryoko since Junko is confirmed dead and done, as per her body parts being dismembered etc. Couldn't be Mukuro either...

Hey guys,

I'm in Tokyo right now and there's this shop in Harajuku that sells a bunch of Danganronpa stuff called "Listen Flavor". Check out this sweet shirt I got. They told me that they have a shop on Rakuten that ships internationally if you're interested.

Top Bottom