• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

money successfully handed over

now to wait

unsure how i feel about this

edit: oh also i would advise being careful with youtube links because god knows what people will post in the comment sections or what recommended videos you get

i'd either suggest making sure people link videos like this (though even that shows recommendations at the end) or just not clicking video links at all unless you're willing to take that risk

but that's just me being overly cautious, people are really frivolous with DR spoilers and it'd make me sad to see someone's day ruined via being spoiled

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
edit: oh also i would advise being careful with youtube links because god knows what people will post in the comment sections or what recommended videos you get

i'd either suggest making sure people link videos like this (though even that shows recommendations at the end) or just not clicking video links at all unless you're willing to take that risk

but that's just me being overly cautious, people are really frivolous with DR spoilers and it'd make me sad to see someone's day ruined via being spoiled

Nope. You're not being overly cautious at all.

I don't know why, but Youtube comments are ALWAYS spoileriffic. I once was listening to a music track from a game, and the first comment was about a character's death for no reason at all. Avoid like the plague.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for the double post.

AlexIIDX

Anybody check, and haven't been charged yet? I haven't been charged, and my card was declined at McDonalds yesterday so now i'm worried lol. And I DO have plenty of money in my account.

Edit: Yep it was declined...

Anybody check, and haven't been charged yet? I haven't been charged, and my card was declined at McDonalds yesterday so now i'm worried lol. And I DO have plenty of money in my account.

They said some LE's might take a bit longer than the standard games. I think NISA said they want to try and ship them out this week if possible for next Tuesday. I haven't been charged yet, and my order still says "Pending Fulfillment"

I wasn't charged until about an hour ago whereas it seems some people have had theirs charged as early as this morning, so I'd imagine they're still going through orders. I'd probably give it a bit of time before sending support a message.

Volcynika

Hello valued customer!
Thank you for being patient with us during our preorder process. We are happy to let you know that your payment for your preorder has been successfully received!

Your order will now remain on standby until the product(s) needed to complete your order are all available to be shipped. Once your order is on it's way you will receive a notification with the tracking number as well.

Please note that your order will remain in “Pending Fulfillment” status until your order is shipped.

We appreciate your support, and please look forward to getting your order soon. Until next time, have a great day, dood!

Ship it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :p

cj_iwakura

Another warning: youtube brings up related videos of Let's Plays and junk, and probably contain spoiler preview images.

I'm totally down for this and going in dark, one question though:

How dark we talking here? Ace Attorney 5 level of dark, or Corpse Party? Cause if it's Corpse Party level, I'M OUT YO

I'm totally down for this and going in dark, one question though:

How dark we talking here? Ace Attorney 5 level of dark, or Corpse Party? Cause if it's Corpse Party level, I'M OUT YO

Most definitely not Corpse Party dark, but just how effective the dark stuff is is going to vary from person to person. I personally find it uncomfortably dark based on the presentation, which in some ways makes certain scenes play out like a black comedy. Some incredibly twisted things go on and it's all very intense.

That being said, if gory visuals are your problem, you should be fine for the most part. It's darker to think about some of the scenes than actually see them.

AniHawk

Glad I preordered at gamestop then. Will pick up on way home

well they tend to ship before the launch date and depending on your proximity to socal, it might arrive sooner than that

Jlh8Ex8.jpg

kewlmyc

Anyone who paid with Paypal have theirs ship yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the email confrontation, but none of my accounts has been charged. Hmm....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, got the confirmation e-mail about the payment/"Pending Fulfillment" and my account got merged so I can check on the status (& got 245 reward points, though no idea if I'll ever reach 500).

I watched a quick gameplay video on Youtube.. this game looks great. I enjoy the puzzle solving stuff (well, logic puzzles I guess). I think what I saw was from a demo.

Will put this on my watch list.

Dugna

I do kinda wish they released the demo on this weeks update, it doesn't spoil anything from what I remember and would show people the basics.

Most definitely not Corpse Party dark, but just how effective the dark stuff is is going to vary from person to person. I personally find it uncomfortably dark based on the presentation, which in some ways makes certain scenes play out like a black comedy. Some incredibly twisted things go on and it's all very intense.

That being said, if gory visuals are your problem, you should be fine for the most part. It's darker to think about some of the scenes than actually see them.

Oh balls. My imagination rolls like crazy with this stuff. Lalalalalala :p

I have 256 rewards points on the NISA store.

What this is?

You will receive 5 Reward Points for every dollar spent on the NISA Online Store. Once your point total has exceeded 500, you will automatically receive a $5.00 Gift Certificate voucher code by email that can be applied to future purchases. Gift Certificate codes will expire one year from when they are created.

I have 465. So close. I guess I'll just order Demon Gaze LE without one.

Houk

NISA
Holy cow, that original post is awesome and you guys rock.

I usually don't follow the release of a game I worked on too closely, since I'm generally pretty burnt out by that point (and waist-deep in my next one) but I'm super pumped for this one.

On the one hand, I'm sad that I don't get to experience this fresh (and even when I was editing the script initially, I had to understand the whole story before I started, so literally everything got spoiled). But I'm getting a ton of evil joy out of seeing people's prediction lists, and I can't wait to see everyone's reactions.

Anyway, a couple quick things I wanted to mention.

I'm not sure what's going on with Celeste's fake accent.

(No real spoilers here but just in case)

Her accent is actually 100% real. We went and got an actress who spoke native French, and although she had trained herself to speak without the accent, she was able to bring it back at will. (Although it's technically a French Canadian accent, which might be throwing you off.)

I'm actually really interested in how the process for recording the game went, especially for something so plot intensive. I'm sure different characters will be treated differently based on how long they make it through the game, but how in the dark were you during the sessions? I figure you would need some context, but did that all change from the script, or was it more the job of the director to help get you in the right frame of mind?

I was the script editor that Feep mentioned, and basically the way that it worked was that each actor was given a rundown of the general plot, and then I broke down the story beats in more detail depending on how many lines the actor had (in other words, how long they survived). It was pretty much on me to make sure the actors had as much context as they needed, since obviously I was the most familiar with the script.

Also, I was able to send all the actors a link to the first episode of the anime so that they could at least get a sense of what the tone of the game was and how their characters were portrayed, which I think helped a lot of them get into it more.

I will also say (and I'm obviously biased here) that the dub gets better the farther you get into the game. It took a little while for a lot of the actors to really click with their characters, but once they started getting it, and once you start getting into the characters as the player, I think it improves from there.

she is a princess

tumblr_mh7z4gNHz71r9qrnqo1_500.jpg

i honestly hope they removed everyone calling her ogre it's such a mean nickname

Re: Sakura (very minor spoiler)

I felt the same way, that it came off worse in English than in the Japanese, so I only had one character call her that, and it's someone who's kind of oblivious to social cues and things like that, so I think it fits. And it only gets mentioned a couple-few times, so it's pretty unobtrusive.

Anyway, I'm gonna try and pop in when I have time once the game's out, and delight in everyone's despair as much as possible.

(No real spoilers here but just in case)

Her accent is actually 100% real. We went and got an actress who spoke native French, and although she had trained herself to speak without the accent, she was able to bring it back at will. (Although it's technically a French Canadian accent, which might be throwing you off.)

Ah, in that case I apologize for calling it fake. I'm in the second chapter and I've already gotten used to it. I can't wait to hear her later performance.

RetroMG

I was thinking, "Huh, this OT is up really early... the game doesn't come out until 2/14 in the US." Then I looked at the OT and realized it's out on the 11th. Best news all night.

Houk

NISA
Ah, in that case I apologize for calling it fake. I'm in the second chapter and I've already gotten used to it. I can't wait to hear her later performance.

Nah, no biggie. It took me a while to get used to it myself. I just think it's a neat fact, so I thought I'd share!

Bertle - One despair-inducing step at a time! (ʳ ´º㉨ϟ)ʳ

Roto13

Vague spoilers for the first chapter:
I figured out what happened really quickly and really easily and was hoping it was a fakeout leading to an interesting twist, but no. I feel like I could have won that trial by standing in the middle of the room myself and immediately explaining everything to everyone before anyone else even opened their mouths. Basically the trial felt like a waste of time.

I'm guessing the chapters get more interesting as they go, but it really could have started stronger.

Vague spoilers for the first chapter:
I figured out what happened really quickly and really easily and was hoping it was a fakeout leading to an interesting twist, but no. I feel like I could have won that trial by standing in the middle of the room myself and immediately explaining everything to everyone before anyone else even opened their mouths. Basically the trial felt like a waste of time.

I'm guessing the chapters get more interesting as they go, but it really could have started stronger.

The first chapter is pretty much a tutorial chapter. It's supposed to be easy.

Top Bottom