• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

NISA charged my credit card! :D

tumblr_inline_n0gq435sp01qgdj69.gif

Lol amazing gif

Voror

I would have preordered that SE if I had known about it sooner. Ah well, I'll be satisfied with just the game itself I suppose. So many games this month.

FluxWaveZ

I never even watched a trailer. Come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure why I'm hyped.

It's interesting. I think I only watched the first trailer that came out, but I was barely paying any attention so I didn't know what was going on.

I think I've heard enough Ace Attorney comparisons for me to at least want to give it a shot as soon as I can.

bigkrev

Well, just pre-ordered online with in-store pickup at the place right next to work.

I will be knocking over the magazine rack if I don't get it launch day.

joe2187

Banned
I recently changed my credit cards, I dont see an option to change payment info, I'm worried im going to miss out on my CE. I didnt get any Emails for any attempts to charge my old card.

Taruranto

For those worried about spoilers....

DON'T IMAGE SEARCH DANGANRONPA (there's hella fanart and even official art that spoils the games)
DON'T YOUTUBE DANGANRONPA (people blatantly spoil the game plot developments in the video titles)
DON'T TUMBLER DANGANRONPA (should be obvious)
DON'T VISIT THE CHARACTER PAGES ON THE DANGANRONPA WIKI (outright lists who lives and dies in the character descriptions)

Avoid these 4 and you should be fine.

I remember Nisa official twitter page having a pretty-big ass spoiler in the background lol. The best thing to do it's avoid anything Danganronpa related, it's very easy to get spoilered.

webkid94

I recently changed my credit cards, I dont see an option to change payment info, I'm worried im going to miss out on my CE. I didnt get any Emails for any attempts to charge my old card.

Don't worry just email them to add your new CC info (I too had preordered the CE with an old card), they're very friendly and quick to respond. Just make sure to give them all of the info including the 3 digit security code.

Holmes

NISA's support staff has to be contacted (email or phone) to make any changes to your order. If you're worried, try calling them because it usually takes one business day for them to get back to you by email.

Scavenger

Shipping @ videogamesplus now. Just got charged and received a shipping notification. I'm very curious about this game as I'm more or less blind-buying this game. I watched my brother play the Japanese PSP version but I didn't understand much because of my crap Japanese language skill.

Placed the order in with NISA store after reading that credit cards were being charged. It's a longshot, but man I hope it gets here by Saturday. :(

EDIT: lo and behold, I just placed my order and I've been charged already. Looking good, looking good...

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=12553&start=1110#p709029

Billing for both the standard and limited editions will start today (already has, apparently). It'll be happening throughout the day, so not everyone will be notified at the same time.

The limited edition is set to ship out on release day at the latest. Hopefully it'll start before that, but for this particular game we can't guarantee that. Standards seem more likely to ship out early, but again that's not guaranteed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As long as the LE ships on release & arrives in good condition in a decent amount of time (i.e within a week or better), all's fine by me.

Wonder if they have to get more LEs prepared or something. At the very least, it might be a sign that the LE sold well.

Quixzlizx

As long as the LE ships on release & arrives in good condition in a decent amount of time (i.e within a week or better), all's fine by me.

Wonder if they have to get more LEs prepared or something. At the very least, it might be a sign that the LE sold well.

NISA really encourages my business by packaging their LEs correctly and giving us free USPS Priority Mail shipping. I don't think I've ever had a NISA LE arrive damaged, while 80%+ of LEs I order from Newegg/Amazon are at least mildly dented by the time I get them. Those two companies either ship LEs in a crappy padded envelope or in a box with nothing or an air bubble thrown in.

joe2187

Banned
NISA's support staff has to be contacted (email or phone) to make any changes to your order. If you're worried, try calling them because it usually takes one business day for them to get back to you by email.

Thanks they're very prompt and fast!

Why dont more game companies take a page from NISA's book, have an actual LIMITED run of LE's to sell on your web store and provide excellent customer service.

Volcynika

Placed the order in with NISA store after reading that credit cards were being charged. It's a longshot, but man I hope it gets here by Saturday. :(

EDIT: lo and behold, I just placed my order and I've been charged already. Looking good, looking good...

Don't be too excited. They put a hold on the funds when you order something regardless when you do. Just saying :p

Nachos

Ah, I'm pretty sure I've had stuff spoiled for me by fan art/tumblr.

My fault though, mostly. That fan art is some fine work.

Speaking of which, Inorigo, (relating to you accidentally spreading spoilers)
I think your avatar has a bit of a spoiler in it (though I'm not sure and don't want to point out the difference between it and the image in the first post). If what I see is what I think it is, then I hope it's just a fan art liberty.

Can anyone who already played the game confirm, hopefully by knowing what I'm talking about without me pointing it out?

Despite voice acting in the game, I only have a clear picture of one of the major plot spoilers. We were blurring through my lines pretty quickly, and of course I wasn't reading the whole script, just the relevant sections.

Point is, I'm just as excited to play as everyone else. VLR is my like favorite game of this decade.

I'm actually really interested in how the process for recording the game went, especially for something so plot intensive. I'm sure different characters will be treated differently based on how long they make it through the game, but how in the dark were you during the sessions? I figure you would need some context, but did that all change from the script, or was it more the job of the director to help get you in the right frame of mind?

Also, were you in the 4Chan thread about the second trailer last week? I can understand wanting to hear some reactions, though I have to wonder why you could choose to go there, considering many if them have a vocal "ALL DUBS ARE TERRIBLE AND SHOULD NEVER BE MADE, EVER" stance.

AniHawk

Thanks they're very prompt and fast!

Why dont more game companies take a page from NISA's book, have an actual LIMITED run of LE's to sell on your web store and provide excellent customer service.

generally, it's cheaper to do a big run of a product to get the cost of manufacturing down and then sell the product an inflated price for super high margins. at least, i think that's the reason for companies like microsoft to make 500k legendary halo 4s or whatever. a small company needs to play it safe. if they could make a big run of limited editions, they probably could.

a small company doesn't always have a dedicated customer support section, and bigger companies sometimes pull in part-timers to man the lines. bigger companies also attract more attention. i've found nintendo, sony, and microsoft all fairly easy to work with at least (with sony providing the least satisfaction from a customer standpoint, unfortunately). also, the right people in the right place can make a huge difference.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So, is this a case like VLR where the English VA is so good that you don't want to miss it? Or best to switch over to Japanese voices?

Speaking of which, Inorigo, (relating to you accidentally spreading spoilers)
I think your avatar has a bit of a spoiler in it (though I'm not sure and don't want to point out the difference between it and the image in the first post). If what I see is what I think it is, then I hope it's just a fan art liberty.

Can anyone who already played the game confirm, hopefully by knowing what I'm talking about without me pointing it out?

I think you're not wrong but the way it is it only approaches "it's only a spoiler if you know it's a spoiler" territory

So, is this a case like VLR where the English VA is so good that you don't want to miss it? Or best to switch over to Japanese voices?
From what I've heard so far, it's probably more up to your preference. They are both pretty good. Not sure if there is a "Zero The 3rd" caliber English performance or not.

Feep

Banned
I'm actually really interested in how the process for recording the game went, especially for something so plot intensive. I'm sure different characters will be treated differently based on how long they make it through the game, but how in the dark were you during the sessions? I figure you would need some context, but did that all change from the script, or was it more the job of the director to help get you in the right frame of mind?

Also, were you in the 4Chan thread about the second trailer last week? I can understand wanting to hear some reactions, though I have to wonder why you could choose to go there, considering many if them have a vocal "ALL DUBS ARE TERRIBLE AND SHOULD NEVER BE MADE, EVER" stance.
Context deemed relevant is given by the director and localization editor, who was on-site during the entire process (not always the case). I definitely didn't know any plot spoilers before they happened, and even then, I often had to ask for clarification.

And no, I most certainly wasn't. Why would I go to 4Chan? I like humanity.

Vamphuntr

NISA charged my CC for the LE. I guess it will ship tomorrow or later today. Pretty cool that the amount they charged is the amount that they authorized last year when I preordered. I'm in Canada and the dollar plummeted recently and they charged the same amount they charged me in December/November. Good Business :)

This morning I was able to download the game and had 15 minutes or so to check it out. I can say, the game has already managed to pull me in. I can't wait to see what else this game throws at me. Get right into it fairly quickly. Hell the intro alone had me going ????

AniHawk

i liked a lot of the english va, and i didn't listen to the japanese at all, but the japanese is supposed to be really good. for me, i prefer understanding the inflection and tone of voice. only when it's really bad (like shenmue), i prefer the original language.

I'll preface this by saying I'm currently playing this right now in order to review (I have a physical copy coming on release from Amazon).

Started this last night and here's my impressions (went into this game cold):

- Went with the English option when given the choice, so far the voices are okay.
- Setting's cool and I like the characters so far, MC seems fine to me
- Had a few laughs already and the music's pretty good.
- I like the art style too actually, it's pretty fun.

So far, I do like it and though not too far in (I've only beaten the Prologue and am just starting Chapter 1), it's already got that vibe that I enjoyed from 999/VLR so I can't wait to play a bit more of it.

You're in for a treat, the OST is amazing.

Yeah, I'm bitter about missing out on the CE but since my friends are getting it, I'll just borrow one of theirs and rip it myself.

Music was giving me P4 vibes (which is one of my favorite OSTs ever) so hopefully it totally delivers as much as P4's ost did.

Started this last night and here's my impressions (went into this game cold):

- Went with the English option when given the choice, so far the voices are okay.
- Setting's cool and I like the characters so far, MC seems fine to me
- Had a few laughs already and the music's pretty good.
- I like the art style too actually, it's pretty fun.

So far, I do like it and though not too far in (I've only beaten the Prologue and am just starting Chapter 1), it's already got that vibe that I enjoyed from 999/VLR so I can't wait to play a bit more of it.

The OST is pretty fucking good. A few good songs in there, plus the title theme. Hope you can come back and comment on how the character cut ins and such look during the class trial whenever you get to that part. Also the class trial is fully voiced compared to the rest of the game which has the characters using short generic lines. So if you wanna comment on the English or Japanese voice acting that would be the time.

Yasumi

Banned
Yeah, I'm bitter about missing out on the CE but since my friends are getting it, I'll just borrow one of theirs and rip it myself.

Music was giving me P4 vibes (which is one of my favorite OSTs ever) so hopefully it totally delivers as much as P4's ost did.

Just wait until you get to the courtroom segments. That's when it delivers.

The OST is pretty fucking good. A few good songs in there, plus the title theme. Hope you can come back and comment on how the character cut ins and such look during the class trial whenever you get to that part. Also the class trial is fully voiced compared to the rest of the game which has the characters using short generic lines. So if you wanna comment on the English or Japanese voice acting that would be the time.

Just wait until you get to the courtroom segments. That's when it delivers.

Can't wait. This having similarities to PW is what drew me initially to the game.

There's a choice? This might be what I need to get my friends to play it. They're not big on dubs.

Yep, was presented with English and Japanese as voice choices when I started up.

Top Bottom