• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Nachos

Irrelevant and just a coincidence
Well, that's good to know. Still, it probably would have been better not to to draw attention to anything, if there's even the smallest nugget of truth to ANYTHING that I've said. Making stupid, baseless guesses can be fun, though this hardly seems to be the place for it, and if it diminishes someone's enjoyment of the game, I'd rather keep my mouth shut.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Such a strict definition of a VN is rather pointless considering how often VNs are hybridized with other genres, gameplay doesn't take away visual novel elements. But genre labels are dumb in general.
As i already pointed there is an official distinction that is lost in the west:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_novel

"In Japanese terminology, a distinction is often made between visual novels proper (abbreviated NVL), which consist predominantly of narration and have very few interactive elements, and adventure games (abbreviated AVG or ADV), which may incorporate problem-solving and other types of gameplay. This distinction is normally lost outside Japan, where both NVLs and ADVs are commonly referred to as "visual novels" by international fans"

:p

To me there's a big difference, i would never spend 40€ for a simple visual novel, i would gladly(more or less lol) spend them for daganronpa and other similar games.

And even if the distinction didn't exist you should understand that they are different anyway, the visual novel part of Blazblue CSEX was more extended than the fighting part(and honestly i enjoyed the visual novel part more than the fighting part), does this make Blazblue CSEX a visual novel or a visual novel hybrid? No, it's a fighting game.

Anyone knows how hard platinum is ?

It seems like it might be pretty time consuming. Apparently, there were 22 trophies per game in the 1+2 Reload release, but the localized release with just the first game is getting 38 trophies. Some of the trophies in 1+2 Reload seem like they'd be pretty grindy, and I'd imagine that would still be the case here.

aravuus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_novel

"In Japanese terminology, a distinction is often made between visual novels proper (abbreviated NVL), which consist predominantly of narration and have very few interactive elements, and adventure games (abbreviated AVG or ADV), which may incorporate problem-solving and other types of gameplay. This distinction is normally lost outside Japan, where both NVLs and ADVs are commonly referred to as "visual novels" by international fans"

:p

I stand corrected. But like it's apparent from your quote, whether we are stretching the meaning or not, it pretty much is a visual novel to us international fans. Very much worth reading a let's play of, not worth trying to watch the anime.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...ames/4924899011/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_2_3010556011

currently the best-selling vita game on amazon.

so that probably means it sold eleventy billion copies and we can expect danganronpa 2 sometime this year.

Actually, if we're being completely serious, I would say it's closer to 200,000

Off topic, but it's kind of sad that Tearaway is at #14 on the best-selling list with a bunch of titles that have been out way longer ahead of it. :(

Necrovex

Back on the train of buying it. I feel way too bad about renting such a title, since I am such an avid fan of visual novels. Excited for Tuesday! Amazon pre-order is in.

Has anyone's NISA LE ordered shipped yet? I've never ordered from them before. Do they usually have games delivered on release date or a few days after?

Has anyone's NISA LE ordered shipped yet? I've never ordered from them before. Do they usually have games delivered on release date or a few days after?

The LE is going to ship on release date at the latest, according to NISA. But, a quick search over at the gamefaqs boards tell me that at least some standard editions have been shipped out, because apparently someone received theirs despite not getting a shipping confirmation.its entirely possible that they shipped out LEs already, as well, but they said it was much likelier that the standards would be shipped early.

The LE is going to ship on release date at the latest, according to NISA. But, a quick search over at the gamefaqs boards tell me that at least some standard editions have been shipped out, because apparently someone received theirs despite not getting a shipping confirmation.its entirely possible that they shipped out LEs already, as well, but they said it was much likelier that the standards would be shipped early.

Okay, good to know, thanks. I have Bravely Default to tide me over. :)

pariah164

Said I wouldn't be back, but I lied!

Here's character introductions in English. Get to hear everyone's dub voices. No spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDYnkPZBJ34

DEM VOICES.

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

webkid94

Here's character introductions in English. Get to hear everyone's dub voices. No spoilers.

Naegi sounds fine, Kirigiri sounds a little on the older side IMO but fine, everyone was alright but I liked Fujisaki, Yamada, Kuwata and Enoshima's a lot more.

EDIT: YES got the tracking # for the premium edition. I think I can get it tomorrow or Monday, since I just realized their shipping center is like 10 minutes away from me.

Thank you for shopping at NIS America Online Store.

Your order no. xxx-NISSO-xxxxx has been fulfilled.

Tracking numbers:

Link to tracking information on carrier website is not available.

If you would like to track the status of your order, please go to to access your account. Log in using the email address and password you provided during checkout.

UPUPUPUPUPU INTENSIFIES.

tumblr_inline_n0gq435sp01qgdj69.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
EDIT: YES got the tracking # for the premium edition. I think I can get it tomorrow or Monday, since I just realized their shipping center is like 10 minutes away from me.

Did you go for free shipping, or did you opt for faster shipping?

Mononoke

Banned
I feel awful for not knowing about this game. Persona 4 is actually my favorite game of all time. I guess I'm not as well kept up on Japanese games as I should be. But wow, this looks totally up my ally. Can't wait to buy it!

Holmes

I hope I get my shipping notice soon.

Though since I'm in Canada, I'll probably be waiting a while. :/
Same. But I'm shipping my LE to my parents (going out of the country, can't pick it up) in a rural part of Canada, who will then just ship me the game here in Toronto. So I won't be able to play for about 2 weeks after release, and won't be able to have the LE goodies until I go back home in May. :'(

Went in a bit hesitant, but really, I'm liking what I'm hearing. Don't think I have any major complaints. There are some that are definitely in different directions than I expected (I think Junko and Sakura were the most surprising ones for me) but I think they work. Gotta give props in particular for Hifumi's voice which I heard and just went "ohhhhh that's totally Yamada." A few still feel a bit off at the moment, but I'd imagine I'll grow accustomed in time.

That and it's tough to judge based on a sentence or two long awkward introduction.

edit: Just got my tracking info. Good stuff.

kewlmyc

Got my shipping notice with 2-day delivery. HYPED!!! Or I would be if I was going to be in town at all on Monday or Tuesday. Guess I'll have to pick it up on Wednesday.

Do you have to sign for Priority shipping?

PKrockin

What? This is coming out already?! Awesome, I can't wait. I have no idea what to expect, but hearing that it's like Phoenix Wright and Zero Escape has me pumped.

Labrys

wow fukawa is spot on! same with sakura, i'm very glad they didn't decide to get a man to voice her, that would have irritated me to no end

Labrys

^^

You'd think I would know this, but I don't. Who voiced Aoi Asahina? She sounds great.

i'm not sure, and i think i like that fact. so many fresh voices this time around, it's really nice.
i was half expecting karen strassman for celes when i heard french voice actress but it's apparent that isn't the case, which is nice in it's own right

Feep

Banned
i'm not sure, and i think i like that fact. so many fresh voices this time around, it's really nice.
i was half expecting karen strassman for celes when i heard french voice actress but it's apparent that isn't the case, which is nice in it's own right
They definitely cast from the "young and rising" crowd (except for me, I'm just young). Amanda Celine Miller (Junko) is goin' places, yo. She's great.

Top Bottom