• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Labrys

Yep. Being overexposed to her in basically any anime I watch doesn't help either.

oooh, i see. i don't watch much anime anymore so between her in bakemono, sdr2 and her albums i haven't heard very much of her. i did hear she's gonna be in mekaku city actors, which is sorta exciting (for me anyway)

Yep. Being overexposed to her in basically any anime I watch doesn't help either.

KanaHana is quite literally in about 4-6 anime every season, and this is minor and major roles. It's insane. It's always the same 'voice' she uses as well. The part that I found interesting through the OreImo radio shows is that the voice she uses for Kuroneko is a lot closer to her natural voice. Sawashiro Miyuki and Hikasa Yoko also I think in either 2012 or 2013 had a lot of roles in every season as well.

There are some roles where I do go "Yeah she should voice that character" though, like Onodera from Nisekoi, and her voice does suit Nanami a lot (it's one of the reasons why I like her so much as well).

That being said I fully expect Naegi's sister in Danganronpa Another Episode to be voiced by Taketatsu Ayana (Kirino from OreImo, Labrys in Persona 4 Arena) because that's the shit Spike-Chunsoft like to pull off.

Necrovex

Fantastic thing that I finish my quota of books for this month (50/50 challenge), otherwise I would be boned with this game coming out, and my current playthrough of Bravely Default.

Does everyone else's Amazon order say it's getting delivered on Thursday?

They've been fucking up with release date delivery lately.

pariah164

Just got the call today from GameStop about its release on Tuesday!

FoiToaZ.gif

Roto13

Is there a trophy list out there? I might have an idea on what it could be depending on if a certain secret/easter egg is already there.

If I could find a trophy list, I wouldn't have had to ask. :p

There are two hidden trophies that aren't story related and I have one of them and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to actually say any more than that. lol embargo

Oh well. Guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

There are two hidden trophies that aren't story related and I have one of them and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to actually say any more than that. lol embargo

There's 2 Easter Eggs based on the capsule machine, one of which that can only be found in second playthroughs, it might have to do with those maybe?

Spoiler for possible answer

After you beat the game, the escape switch becomes an item you can get from the lottery machine which gives you a really short "everybody lives" ending.

Do you have that already?

Roto13

Spoiler for possible answer

After you beat the game, the escape switch becomes an item you can get from the lottery machine which gives you a really short "everybody lives" ending.

Do you have that already?

I do not. Could be that. It's not next to the other story trophies on the list though.

Well that must be it then, I'm pretty sure they'd make a trophy for that/completing the movie gallery.

Also

Did you get the fanservice scene with all of the girls bathing together in chapter 3? That might be one too since I think that's a second playthrough only thing.

Roto13

Well that must be it then, I'm pretty sure they'd make a trophy for that/completing the movie gallery.

Also

Did you get the fanservice scene with all of the girls bathing together in chapter 3? That might be one too since I think that's a second playthrough only thing.

There's a trophy for completing the gallery, but it's not hidden. And you can see that dumb fanservice scene on your first playthrough.

Also

Evidently the item for that can show up anytime and not just in second playthroughs. Of the two, I'd imagine the Secret Ending is much more likely to be the last achievement.

edit: also just checked the hidden trophies for DR1 in the DR1+2 Reload release,
there's one per chapter including the prologue, one for getting one school mode ending and one for getting every school mode ending. I guess this one must be one of the newly added ones for the localization.

Roto13

Evidently the item for that can show up anytime and not just in second playthroughs. Of the two, I'd imagine the Secret Ending is much more likely to be the last achievement.

edit: also just checked the hidden trophies for DR1 in the DR1+2 Reload release,
there's one per chapter including the prologue, one for getting one school mode ending and one for getting every school mode ending. I guess this one must be one of the newly added ones for the localization.

Ok, I have one of those so the other one is most likely it.

Beat it. A certain someone must have had a blast in the recording booth for that final chapter. Fantastic performance. Still think I prefer the Japanese cast, but great effort for a bunch of lesser known VAs.

Excited to check out the post game that didn't exist in the PSP version. After that, should hopefully have my review up during the day. Most of it is already written anyway.

Nachos

After listening to the voices again, I'm fairly certain Chihiro is the same VA as Fuuka from P3.

I can see why you'd think that, especially with how similar their pronunciations of things like their "hard A" sounds are, but I can almost guarantee it's not Paula Tiso. Tiso is actually a good actress, but the problem with her portrayal in P3 and FES was that Atlus clearly had her affect her voice more than she was used to. It definitely seems like a case of her being so preoccupied with maintaining that voice that she couldn't devote her mind 100% to acting.

I thought that it was fine overall, myself, but they clearly should have just gotten Wendee Lee from the start if they wanted those specific voice qualities from someone used to having their voice around that range. It's why I don't see them switching back after they went with Lee in Arena, even if I'm sure Tiso has grown in that time.

Squire

Banned
Wendee is perfect as Fuuka, so she should stay on board. I love Paula as Lulu in FFX though. Fun fact: She's married to Paul Mercier, who voiced Allen S. Kennedy in RE4 and a few other things.

Beat it. A certain someone must have had a blast in the recording booth for that final chapter. Fantastic performance. Still think I prefer the Japanese cast, but great effort for a bunch of lesser known VAs.

Excited to check out the post game that didn't exist in the PSP version. After that, should hopefully have my review up during the day. Most of it is already written anyway.

Looking forward to it.

Is it worth getting if you've already played the translation?

Is it worth getting if you've already played the translation?

Depends on how much you liked it. I enjoyed the game so much that I had no problem playing it again just to hear the English VAs.

But yeah, you'd really just be replaying the game. It's a port of the PSP version with a post-game mode that lets you hang out with people without worrying about them dying. I'm not sure how appealing that sounds to you, but I don't think that alone has enough content to persuade many people.

Of course it's always nice to support an official translation as that increases the chances of the sequel making its way over, which is apparently better.

Thoraxes

Does everyone else's Amazon order say it's getting delivered on Thursday?

They've been fucking up with release date delivery lately.

DR and LR are both on track for Tuesday for me still.

I accidentally though my Conception II preorder was Danganronpa at first and I started getting pissed it was delayed till I realized DR was on the next page lol.

Labrys

had to do some off-screen recording of the japanese version of this for a 3ds/vita comparison for my class and i remembered how gorgeous it looks. (that's the reason i used it for the comparison the art is A+ quality) i'm so excited to be actually able to read it now, heh

DR and LR are both on track for Tuesday for me still.

I accidentally though my Conception II preorder was Danganronpa at first and I started getting pissed it was delayed till I realized DR was on the next page lol.

I need to stop reading this thread - it painfully reminds me I still need to wait few days before zavvi sends my copy, then another few days for them to arrive at my home and then my family needs to resent them to me in my current location.

Nachos

Wendee is perfect as Fuuka, so she should stay on board. I love Paula as Lulu in FFX though. Fun fact: She's married to Paul Mercier, who voiced Allen S. Kennedy in RE4 and a few other things.

It was also great hearing her tell me to dive into the garden of madness in No More Heroes.

Funny that Mercier would then be replaced by someone with the more anglecized version of the same last name, though.

I can see why you'd think that, especially with how similar their pronunciations of things like their "hard A" sounds are, but I can almost guarantee it's not Paula Tiso. Tiso is actually a good actress, but the problem with her portrayal in P3 and FES was that Atlus clearly had her affect her voice more than she was used to. It definitely seems like a case of her being so preoccupied with maintaining that voice that she couldn't devote her mind 100% to acting.

I thought that it was fine overall, myself, but they clearly should have just gotten Wendee Lee from the start if they wanted those specific voice qualities from someone used to having their voice around that range. It's why I don't see them switching back after they went with Lee in Arena, even if I'm sure Tiso has grown in that time.

I thought Mela Lee did Fuuka?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Same here, though maybe later today once people return from the weekend, we'll see CEs start shipping out. Just glad I'll be getting Bravely Default's CE & Skullgirls Encore tomorrow to help make the wait more tolerable.

I got my email Friday, I believe. Canadian here. You might get it today now that the weekend is over.

They'll probably start shipping them out... somewhere between the morning and late afternoon PST today. I haven't gotten an email yet, but I'm expecting one when I get back from classes this afternoon. Then again I'm not even expecting it to get here this week either. It's shipping to me in Canada as well and I'm expecting it to arrive either Friday or early next week.

Top Bottom