• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Favorite voices thus far are Togami, Yamada, and Yasuhiro.

Hagakure sounds EXACTLY like I imagined he would sound, absolutely fits him to a T.

Not entirely enthused on everyone else, but I'm sure I'll warm up to them throughout the game.

There is one character in particular I'm wondering a lot more about, but I'll just have to wait ;_;

My LE shipped! But since I made my NISA store account AFTER I ordered it, I can't trakc my package :(

AniHawk

i like all the english cast, but aoi asahina's my favorite. she really fit into the role. kyogi's actress was also really good.

Jamix012

I know this probably has no answer: but maybe some reviewer can tell me? Is this one of those games that works on the JP Vita TV?

Nachos

^^

You'd think I would know this, but I don't. Who voiced Aoi Asahina? She sounds great.

Sounds like Cassandra Morris to me, though I could be totally wrong about that.

Speaking of which, are you able to say which actors played whom, to your knowledge? I thought Erin Fitzgerald voiced Junko, but after digging up the Twitter post, it says that she's skiing the part with Amanda. Can anyone explain that, or would that be delving into spoilers?

Also the character cut ins have me some real Killer7 vibes, which, if Madafumi Takada handled the sound direction, makes a lot of sense.

Said I wouldn't be back, but I lied!

Here's character introductions in English. Get to hear everyone's dub voices. No spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDYnkPZBJ34

Judging solely on this video the voices range from great to ok....I think Virtue’s Last Reward might have spoiled me when it comes to voice acting in a visual novel. Here it seems like they’re talking for an audience in a play, whereas Virtue’s Last Reward seemed more natural and real. Toko, Aoi, Chihiro, Kyoko, Junko, Mondo and Byakuya all sound great. Makoto, Leon, Hifumi, Kiyotaka, Celeste and Sakura sound good. Sayaka and Yasuhiro are really pushing it and could potentially be pretty bad. Yasuhiro sounds really derpy to me.

AniHawk

Judging solely on this video the voices range from great to ok....I think Virtue’s Last Reward might have spoiled me when it comes to voice acting in a visual novel. Here it seems like they’re talking for an audience in a play, whereas Virtue’s Last Reward seemed more natural and real. Toko, Aoi, Chihiro, Kyoko, Junko, Mondo and Byakuya all sound great. Makoto, Leon, Hifumi, Kiyotaka, Celeste and Sakura sound good. Sayaka and Yasuhiro are really pushing it and could potentially be pretty bad. Yasuhiro sounds really derpy to me.

yasuhiro is pretty derpy. he sort of doesn't get it.

sayaka is basically akane in terms of personality.

yasuhiro is pretty derpy. he sort of doesn't get it.

sayaka is basically akane in terms of personality.

Oh so Yasuhiro is supposed to be a little bit dopey? Cool. It’s really hard to tell just how good or bad the voice acting will be from just a few lines of audio.

And Sayaka is like Akane? Akane was one of my favourites in 999! Hopefully she isn’t always sounding so enthusiastic about everything as she did here.

I'm really impressed with those voices. Sayaka was the only one that I really didn't like, but I'll wait until I hear more of her dialogue to pass judgement. Ishimaru, Enoshima, and Asahina sounded fantastic and the rest all seemed pretty good as well.

Zeranium

Said I wouldn't be back, but I lied!

Here's character introductions in English. Get to hear everyone's dub voices. No spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDYnkPZBJ34

I'm liking the English cast overall! I was planning on playing it with the English voices anyway but I'm a bit more excited now.
Aoi and Mondo sound awesome

I don't recognize most of them but it's pretty refreshing to hear voices outside the usual pool of actors

Really excited to replay this in English next week. The Japanese cast is pretty OK too, especially Monokuma. Hopefully the English counterpart will be as good.

Also very interested to see what newcomers will think of the story, story-set-up and ending.

Sadly the cross-media stuff isn't officially translated right? At least there's fan-translations.

I just completed chapter 1 and yes... it is good. Though the repeating phrases sometimes gets irritating. Other then that, my only complaint so far. Damn good.
It's the same for Japanese VA too

Asahina-san
Asahina-san
Asahina-san
Asahina-san
Asahina-san
Asahina-san

Nachos

I don't recognize most of them but it's pretty refreshing to hear voices outside the usual pool of actors
Like Feep said, a lot of the cast consists of a lot of relative newcomers to the business. If I remember correctly, Ishimaru is voiced by Sean Chiplock, who originally started off doing voices for games and animations on Newgrounds.

Like Feep said, a lot of the cast consists of a lot of relative newcomers to the business. If I remember correctly, Ishimaru is voiced by Sean Chiplock, who originally started off doing voices for games and animations on Newgrounds.

It's an interesting contrast with the Japanese seiyuu cast. Where almost all the seiyuu involved are veterans. They also like referencing some seiyuu's previous work.

In the first game Naegi is voiced by Ogata Megumi (Shinji from Evangelion), Kirigiri is voiced by Hikasa Yoko (Mio from K-On, Shino from SYD, Emi from Maou-sama), Togami is voiced by Ishida Akira (Kaworu from Evangelion). There's a bunch more but I'm too lazy to list all of them. Also Kirby's voice actor voices Maizono, so there's that.

The second game is also similar. Hinata is voiced by Minami Takayama (Conan from Detective Conan. This one is awesome), Nanami is voiced by KanaHana (Uh... A lot), Hanamura is voiced by Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch from Code Geass, DARKU FLAMU MASTAH from Chuu2), Gundam is voiced by Sugita (Kyon from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Joseph Joestar in Jojo Part 2, Gintoki from Gintama).

Prelude.

It's an interesting contrast with the Japanese seiyuu cast. Where almost all the seiyuu involved are veterans. They also like referencing some seiyuu's previous work.

In the first game Naegi is voiced by Ogata Megumi (Shinji from Evangelion), Kirigiri is voiced by Hikasa Yoko (Mio from K-On, Shino from SYD, Emi from Maou-sama), Togami is voiced by Ishida Akira (Kaworu from Evangelion). There's a bunch more but I'm too lazy to list all of them. Also Kirby's voice actor voices Maizono, so there's that.
-1 for not mentioning Miyuki Sawashiro.

Nanami is voiced by KanaHana
Fuck. Seriously. I can't stand her.

The second game is also similar. Hinata is voiced by Minami Takayama (Conan from Detective Conan. This one is awesome), Nanami is voiced by KanaHana (Uh... A lot), Hanamura is voiced by Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch from Code Geass, DARKU FLAMU MASTAH from Chuu2), Gundam is voiced by Sugita (Kyon from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Joseph Joestar in Jojo Part 2, Gintoki from Gintama).

Don't forgot Monokuma, voiced by Nobuyo Ōyama, who voiced Doraemon. One of the most popular characters in Japanese pop culture(i.e The Japanese Mickey Mouse).
Brings a whole new meaning to this if you ask me...
Doraekuma_zpsac61fd51.jpg

i gave the psp translation a try and im not really feeling it. maybe its the fact im not a big fan of the character art or maybe because I only played up to the prologue but it didn't catch my attention at all.

ehh i may just start over completely tommorow and ill see how I feel

i gave the psp translation a try and im not really feeling it. maybe its the fact im not a big fan of the character art or maybe because I only played up to the prologue but it didn't catch my attention at all.

ehh i may just start over completely tommorow and ill see how I feel

End of chapter 1 is the cut-off point for when you're allowed to drop it. Nothing really happens during the prologue and the meat of the game is the trial sections where crazy stuff happens nonstop.

789shadow

Banned
Who is Oowada's English VA? Because I KNOW that his voice is the exact same voice as a character from Bleach, I just don't know who exactly.

FireSol

Preview from PSU is up

Danganronpa is an exciting mix of quirky Japanese humor and characters, haunting atmosphere, and gameplay structure that works in short bursts on the road and marathon sessions at home. Several hours in, it's hard to say whether Danganronpa will surpass the spiritual predecessors that claim my top two spots on PS Vita, but it's vying for your undivided attention when it drops on Tuesday, February 11.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That absolutely makes no sense. That's like saying "HEY, if you like fighting games, then you'll totally dig Super Mario 3D World!"

Top Bottom