• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

pariah164

tdyNV.png

S-soclose...!

I got my email Friday and I live in California, so hopefully I get it today or tomorrow. I have a four day weekend this week and I want to play Dangan Ronpa for as much of it as possible.

Prelude.

That being said I fully expect Naegi's sister in Danganronpa Another Episode to be voiced by Taketatsu Ayana (Kirino from OreImo, Labrys in Persona 4 Arena) because that's the shit Spike-Chunsoft like to pull off.
I don't like her too, lol. Hanazawa Kana, Taketatsu Ayana and Kanae Itou are my least favorite seiyuu.
HanaKana is still the worst offender, though.

Nachos

I thought Mela Lee did Fuuka?

That's what a lot of people thought at first, including me. However, comparing her to Jennifer in the original Disgaea, which she is confirmed to have done, you can basically hear Fuuka, just with a much more normal inflection.

Still, I've heard that one of the actresses works for NISA themselves. I'm not going to around screaming accusations of nepotism or nonsense like that, but I would genuinely be curious to know who it is, and how NISA came to the decision to use her instead of a more professional one. Y'know, beyond the fact that this is non-union work, so anything and everything might be played a bit fast and loose.

AniHawk

Still, I've heard that one of the actresses works for NISA themselves. I'm not going to around screaming accusations of nepotism or nonsense like that, but I would genuinely be curious to know who it is, and how NISA came to the decision to use her instead of a more professional one. Y'know, beyond the fact that this is non-union work, so anything and everything might be played a bit fast and loose.

where'd you hear that one?

bigkrev

Argh, Gamestop's website seems to have no record of my online ship to store pre-order. I'm going there after work tommorrow, and if they don't have my game or a copy to sell me, i'm knocking over the magazine rack and hoping that GCT is early and buy it digitally.

Houk

NISA

There is one voice actor (not actress) who by coincidence has done game testing for us before, but he was suggested for the role (among other actors) by the recording studio themselves (who he's worked with before as an actor) and he went through the audition process just like everyone else.

I was also hesitant to cast him specifically because he had worked for us directly, but after listening to his audition I thought he was the best fit for the role. So he got the part in spite of working for us, not because of it.

So no, we definitely didn't play that fast and loose.

For people who've played both any thoughts on the quality of the fan vs official translation?

The translation is solid in both. IMO, the English voice acting falls slightly short of the Japanese va, but it's still very good. Of course it's dual audio, so that's kind of a moot point if it bothers you.

I don't like her too, lol. Hanazawa Kana, Taketatsu Ayana and Kanae Itou are my least favorite seiyuu.
HanaKana is still the worst offender, though.

I'm not a fan of Kanae Itou myself. I liked her in Hanasaka Iroha but that was about it... Actually I just really liked Ohana (if that's her name. The MC).

This is gonna be a great week; toukiden, danganronpa and the Olympics:D

This is a big month for the Vita in general. Toukiden, Danganronpa and FFX/X-2 HD Collection this month. Also Olympics. Go Canada Go!

Luigi87

Woo, my copy shipped.
It should arrive tomorrow =D (as long as I don't miss delivery. If I do, I'll be forced to wait two days >_<)

Kirie

My copy shipped from amazon.ca on Friday and it says it's out for delivery right now!

So excited :D Might get to a good stopping point in Bravely Default so I can switch over and play some DR for a bit..

So, with the release tomorrow, should we inmediately make a spoiler topic or should we wait a couple of days to give people more time to play first?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't imagine too many people beating it within a single day. I would say maybe wait until Friday-ish. I'm just hoping to play it during the weekend, assuming I'll have all my college stuff taken care of.

The spoiler thread could also be for those that played the fan translation, but I imagine they got all the spoiler talk out of their system already.

I can't imagine too many people beating it within a single day. I would say maybe wait until Friday-ish. I'm just hoping to play it during the weekend, assuming I'll have all my college stuff taken care of.

True, but...

Some are faster than others; I would make it just to be safe, so this thread doesn' become spoiler central.

This, and there's the people that got it earlier or played the fan translation.

Calling dibs on it btw

Yasumi

Banned
Some are faster than others; I would make it just to be safe, so this thread doesn' become spoiler central.

This. Pretty much everything after the first half of chapter 1 would be considered spoiler territory. People should also note what chapter the spoilers are from.

So I call shenanigans. I ordered from NISA last week, and I hadn't received a shipping email as of yesterday, so when I arrived at my travel destination and found that I did in fact have an internet connection, I decided to cancel the preorder and go digital instead. I sent support a message yesterday telling them to cancel the order, which I knew they wouldn't see until 10 am PST the next day, but I still wanted to send it. Well, about 20 mins ago I got the shipping confirmation; what's more, it's not priority shipping, it's regular ol' first class. So, even if I waited till I got home to play the game, it may not even be there by the time I get back Friday.

Sigh...

The game from what I remember is around... 15-20 hours to finish. Last time I finished the game (last summer) it took me I think 16 or 17 hours. You don't realize how long some of the class trials are until you actually look at a clock before and after.
The last trial from what I remember was a long ride of despair. As in 1-2 hours long. Also I was playing with everything on the hardest difficulty.

EB Games in Canada.

Ah, lucky you. It looks like NISA is gonna be a few days or so behind, unless they deliver it by unicorn air-mail and the LE's get here this week. I actually canceled my EB Games Canada pre-order in November to get the LE from NISA instead as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, right, the fan translation. Yeah, I think as long as people marked which chapters they're discussing, then it should be fine. I guess same-day would be fine.

How hard is the hardest difficulty? I don't want to make the game unenjoyable but also don't want it to be too easy.

From what I remember someone said about it, is that the hardest difficulty mostly affects...

How many bullets you have for Nonstop Debates,

Your cross-hair for silencing weak points during the Nonstop Debates, where it will sway more.

The amount of false weak points is raised during the Nonstop Debates.

Chatter and movement during the Nonstop Debates will be faster

Some of the other mini-games during the trial sections will also be affected by the difficulty...

The amount of useless panels in Closing Argument

Speed of letters during Hangman's Gambit

And from Bullet Time Battle...the rate of assertions, the phrases that you shoot down during the battle.

Though I might be wrong on some of them.

Squire

Banned
Lucy Ingram for ExpansiveDLC - 9.5/10

Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc is the perfect blend of mystery, suspense, and thriller. Though it unsurprisingly has a niche fanbase, it’s nice to see such an undiscovered gem finally makes it’s way to the EU and NA audiences. It may sound altogether outrageously goofy, but in practice it’s a hugely clever game with its own unique quirks. It can be a tad darker than the story lines portrayed in Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors or Virtue’s Last Reward, games of a similar style, but that’s what is so disturbingly beautiful about it. Probably one of the best games on Sony’s latest handheld console, you’d be crazy not to get your hands on this fantastic masterpiece.

http://expansivedlc.com/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-play/

Luigi87

Ah, lucky you. It looks like NISA is gonna be a few days or so behind, unless they deliver it by unicorn air-mail and the LE's get here this week. I actually canceled my EB Games Canada pre-order in November to get the LE from NISA instead as well.

I may get it sooner, but I'd say you're the lucky one =P
I'd have gotten the LE, but I became aware of this game much too late.

aravuus

I should try playing the game again alongside you guys, although it's gonna be the translated version (no Vita here)

Shame I probably won't have the time though

Lusankya

I think I'm definitely going to be playing this on the easiest difficulty...

Because I am a wuss. :(

You actually have two difficulty settings, one for the logic sections and one for the action-orientated mini games. I recommend using the highest difficulty for the logic parts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Japanator - 9/10

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is proof that there's still plenty of life left in the visual novel genre. It offers a quirky cast that quickly grasps your interest, while never needing to use them as a crutch to hold up the gameplay. As superb as the character interaction is, it's the courtroom battles that really steal the show, and they will prove the deciding factor in whether or not this game becomes one of your all-time favorites. Sure, there's a few blemishes here and there, but nothing that stops it from serving as evidence that the PlayStation Vita has some life left in it yet.

You actually have two difficulty settings, one for the logic sections and one for the action-orientated mini games. I recommend using the highest difficulty for the logic parts.

I second this. On my PSP playthrough I stayed on the normal difficulty and I regretted it towards the end, I think that it would be a lot more enjoyable if you raise the challenge here.

Sirenja

Banned
Really excited for this game - I avoided the anime etc, like a plague to stay spoiler free :) Three more days for me - EU - I hope the game is a major success and we will get more VN Vita games!

Still waiting on my shipping email. C'moooooooooooooooooooooooooon. ;_;

timely as in early 2016?
I'm hoping for early/mid 2015. I think it would be best for NISA to really push this series hard and get caught up as quick as possible.

It's getting great reviews and has a lot of buzz. I think it's going to be another word-of-mouth success story, along the lines of 999/VLR.

AniHawk

I'm hoping for early/mid 2015. I think it would be best for NISA to really push this series hard and get caught up as quick as possible.

It's getting great reviews and has a lot of buzz. I think it's going to be another word-of-mouth success story, along the lines of 999/VLR.

depends on how quickly they can ink a deal. what do you think its chances are it comes out this year?

Tease it during this Thursday's press event.

Announce it again during AX.

Release it same time next year, go, go, go!

We don't even have a release window for the upcoming Danganronpa games on the Vita, so who knows we might get caught up.

And we'll probably get a Super Danganronpa 2 anime announcement soon with all the merchandise that's being made for it that was announced at WonFes this past weekend too, upupupupupu~

Top Bottom