• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

depends on how quickly they can ink a deal. what do you think its chances are it comes out this year?
Only if they are already working on it, which may be possible. (At least in pre-production.) If I was NISA, I would find the response to already be favorable enough to go forward with the next game. This IP has the potential to be a one of their flagship titles is supported correctly.

Tease it during this Thursday's press event.

Announce it again during AX.

Release it same time next year, go, go, go!

We don't even have a release window for the upcoming Danganronpa games on the Vita, so who knows we might get caught up.

And we'll probably get a Super Danganronpa 2 anime announcement soon with all the merchandise that's being made for it that was announced at WonFes this past weekend too, upupupupupu~
I think that would be a good strategy. If if they haven't even started working on SDR2 yet, just a tease/confirmation at the the upcoming press event this week would really light a fire under this IP in the west. I know some people are worried that we didn't get 1 & 2 together, despite the logistics of it, so I think it would put a lot of minds at ease, and give people confidence to dive right into the series.

They should follow Bamco's lead on what they did with recent Tales games, and confirm them right away. Fans like to know that they aren't just shooting in the dark when they support a niche IP. It would be a bold move that shows gamers that NISA has faith in the IP.

To add more fuel to this burning fire, NISA is interviews did mention how enthusiastic Spike Chunsoft was for localizing this game. If anything, it could just mean that getting the localization rights and such for the 2nd game could happen pretty easily.

Hell, for all we know, making NISA licensed both games since they were released together on the Vita in JP and just kept quiet on it!

Random speculation go!

Nachos

There is one voice actor (not actress) who by coincidence has done game testing for us before, but he was suggested for the role (among other actors) by the recording studio themselves (who he's worked with before as an actor) and he went through the audition process just like everyone else.

I was also hesitant to cast him specifically because he had worked for us directly, but after listening to his audition I thought he was the best fit for the role. So he got the part in spite of working for us, not because of it.

So no, we definitely didn't play that fast and loose.

Sorry, I really should have specified precisely what I meant, before basically putting my foot in my mouth and biting the entire thing off. Like I said, I specifically wasn't trying to accuse you of any such thing, but I was under the impression that with non-union work, even people without a single credit or casting agency would be able to audition, and based on their merit alone, possibly be able to make it in. That's what I meant - going through the casting process in unusual ways, not morally objectionable ones. I also just looked up the definition of "fast and loose" again, and realized it had a meaning completely different from what I thought - like I said, putting my foot in my mouth before necessarily knowing what to speak.

Clearly, though, I had quite a few things wrong and obviously should have looked over that post before making it to let it stew for a few hours so irresponsibly. I've made an idiot of myself, but more importantly, you and your company, and it was not at all my intention to insinuate anything like that.

Again, I would have no issues with this so long as you were transparent with the entire thing, to which you graciously have. Maybe I should just stop posting for a while before I accidentally abuse these privileges again, but for the record, Chiplock was one of my favorite casting choices from the clip - he's really got "exuberant, single-minded, yet charming" heroism down.

Anyway, knock it out of the park, Feep!

To add more fuel to this burning fire, NISA is interviews did mention how enthusiastic Spike Chunsoft was for localizing this game. If anything, it could just mean that getting the localization rights and such for the 2nd game could happen pretty easily.

Hell, for all we know, making NISA licensed both games since they were released together on the Vita in JP and just kept quiet on it!

Random speculation go!

A this point they'd be CRAZY not to localize the second game, especially since just the LE of the first game sold out so quickly. This Thursday I'm really expecting a Neptunia Rebirth, Disgaea 4 Returns and SDR2 teaser, plus whatever else they're working on that we're not aware of. We already pretty much have XSEED localizing Akiba's Trip 2 and Senran Kagura Shinobi Versus. Gonna be a good year for the Vita when it comes to niche Japanese games
thank you Japan for making Vita games like crazy.

In other news, it looks like my LE is finally in USPS's hands so I don't expect to get it until Wednesday, sigh.

Dis Bear (ʳ ´º㉨ϟ)ʳ

Nah. All reviews will eventually be linked in the OP.

My bad, I'll get on that throwing the blitz of reviews today later this evening.

In other news, it looks like my LE is finally in USPS's hands so I don't expect to get it until Wednesday, sigh.

Dis Bear (ʳ ´º㉨ϟ)ʳ

Same here. My tracking info finally updated an hour ago . I thought they may deny them out on Friday, but USPS showed no activity over the weekend.

Spiegel

Random speculation go!

Anihawk has hinted at a 2014 release date too many times already.

I will be surprised if DanganRonpa 2 is not announced at the NISA event.

Necrovex

Shipment was sent out today, I'm so bloody excited to get this lovely package! Working out and work are going to be hard tomorrow.

Holmes

It took 6 months from Danganronpa's announcement back in August for this game to release, and they translated the game from scratch. If it is announced this Thursday or even teased, I'd expect SDR2 by the end of the year.

abrack08

Anyone who ordered on Amazon have theirs ship yet? I preordered this and Lightning Returns with release day delivery, neither has shipped yet. I'm glad I have Bravely Default to tide me over but this is the game I was REALLY looking forward to. Considering cancelling and heading to a Gamestop after work, but then I have to worry about them not getting any copies or only having enough to cover preorders.

Lol, shipping says it's in Texas (I live in Indy) and is expected to be delivered today.

Oh yeah, didn't even realize it said my expected delivery date.

I live in CA and it says it is expected to be delivered today.

So prove to me how amazing you are USPS!

Squire

Banned
Anyone who ordered on Amazon have theirs ship yet? I preordered this and Lightning Returns with release day delivery, neither has shipped yet. I'm glad I have Bravely Default to tide me over but this is the game I was REALLY looking forward to. Considering cancelling and heading to a Gamestop after work, but then I have to worry about them not getting any copies or only having enough to cover preorders.

Amazon shipped out my copy last night, but for the past few months they've been shipping things to me at the very last minute and they come on time or if not, they come early.

So, I figure they have a warehouse really close to me.

pariah164

Amazon shipped out my copy last night, but for the past few months they've been shipping things to me at the very last minute and they come on time or if not, they come early.

So, I figure they have a warehouse really close to me.
I once ordered something on a Friday, standard shipping (3-5 days). it came the very next day.

I learned there's a warehouse in my city.

Feep

Banned
Glad to see the reviews generally think highly of the game's dub. I went to Tumblr for a few minutes...uh, that wasn't a good idea. ;)

FluxWaveZ

Hm, reserved this via Game Access, but they haven't shipped it yet so I'd probably receive it Wednesday. Not gonna wait, so I'll just buy it instead.

Anyone know if it'll have the Vita downloadable game discount as opposed to retail?

Squire

Banned
I'll be heading to Rapestop first thing tomorrow morning. I hope the game is actually there.

facepalm_227785.jpg

AniHawk

all right, final predictions, let's hear 'em.

and no foolin' around from people who've beaten the game already. that's just mean.

pariah164

who lives and who dies. or who kills and who dies. there are a bunch of pics in the op to go off of.

or who you trust and who you don't.
I don't trust a single damn person. The only person who seems like they wouldn't kill anyone is the 'Ultimate Moral Compass', but what if that's a clever misnomer?

What if you're partnered with Monokuma all along?

Emot-psyduck.gif

Top Bottom