• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

I love you and your reviews but I’m not touching that until I finish the game - I'm a little bit paranoid about spoilers at the moment.

Well actually, it's spoiler free. Other then the basic idea of the game and some game play mechanics. I was not permitted to talk about anything past chapter 1 and even then I don't mention any specifics.

I don't trust a single damn person. The only person who seems like they wouldn't kill anyone is the 'Ultimate Moral Compass', but what if that's a clever misnomer?

What if you're partnered with Monokuma all along?

Emot-psyduck.gif

I'll let the Ultimate Moral Compass murder me~

Well, USPS updated and I'm set to get my LE on Wednesday :(

I'm super impatient, but at least, I have nothing but weekend after my Wednesday classes, so I can spend the rest of the day playing at least.

But I really hope it somehow magically gets here tomorrow.

Roto13

I'd like to do a PSA and say the trophies that say "clear every class trial [condition]" actually mean "clear all of the phases of one class trial [condition]"

pariah164

ku-xlarge.gif

I did a double take. I couldn't believe NISA was that cool. That's so awesome!
is it NISA who decides trophy names? I thought the game devs did, in which case it makes sense since Chunsoft.

But yes those are the best trophy names. I don't wanna know the rest since I don't wanna be spoiled.

LX_Theo

Banned
Oh, man, just checked the tracking of my order. As of an hour and a half ago, its in a town that is about an hour or two south of my university. Very nice. Shame I have all those tests coming up, then career fair next week. :(

Roto13

Getting rid of white noise is easy with the touch pad.

None of the trophies are hard. Some are just time consuming.

Well actually, it's spoiler free. Other then the basic idea of the game and some game play mechanics. I was not permitted to talk about anything past chapter 1 and even then I don't mention any specifics.

**watches review**

These are the best trophies:

Despair's Last Reward
Earned every other trophy in the game

Nine Coins, Nine Purses, Nine Bears
Collected 999 Monocoins

These are so good!

Labrys

The "Get all presents" one is just like "I hope you have 124 hours free."

well, all the presents aren't too hard to get, it's set up kinda like the figure collector machine in super smash brothers brawl. it's random but the more coins you put in the more likely you are to get a new item you haven't seen. and there's a lot of ways to get coins, including (possible spoiler? idk)
an ability Celes gives you for doing freetime events with her that triples the coins you get in random areas

i got all of them my fantranslation playthrough and i ended up with a semi-reasonable time.

God, PSU was so fucking bad. I played a lot of it though.

It's a satirical post. We joke around like that in PersonaGAF :)

PSU was bad, PSU:AotI was a good improvment, PSPo was the same, PSPo2 was a big improvement, great game despite how generic it still looked, and PSPo2i amazing, best PS game since PSO Ep 2, but it never came out in the US. PSO2 is great too...Damn it Sega. I really hope we at least get PS Nova.

Anyways, I think I just may pick this up tomorrow...today.

webkid94

The trophy about not taking any damage...I can never get a perfect score on the hangman one, I always lose accuracy points or something like every single time. Is there a certain way to pick out the letters?

edit: dammit USPS don't say Wednesday please :/

Roto13

I usually scoff at people who can't wait for their games to arrive, but now I'm getting really antsy.

I just wanna play. :/

Nice review Roto, though Hotel Dusk is 100% cream!

I liked Hotel Dusk enough to pay gross import prices for the sequel even though I shouldn't have had to. Thanks, NOA.

Just got through the first chapter and love it so far. Each mystery is a bit lengthier in exposition than the Ace Attorney series but the various parts of the trial are fun and mysteries are all set up in a logical and clever way. It's a bit twisted with its dark humor but the game never takes itself too seriously.

I liked Hotel Dusk enough to pay gross import prices for the sequel even though I shouldn't have had to. Thanks, NOA.
That was so dumb, thank goodness the DS is region free. (I still hope that it pops up on the eShop someday, so more people can play the sequel.)

I have Hotel Dusk, but I never actually put it in my DS/3DS to play it...
I'd suggest making time, it's awesome.

One of my favorite DS games ever.

pariah164

I'd suggest making time, it's awesome.

One of my favorite DS games ever.
I planned to originally! However, I received that game at the same time I got Ghost Trick, and a suave ghost motherfucker beat out gritty detective. I put HD in my backlog and keep forgetting about it till someone brings it up.

And I only heard about HD because I played Trace Memory, oddly enough...

I planned to originally! However, I received that game at the same time I got Ghost Trick, and a suave ghost motherfucker beat out gritty detective. I put HD in my backlog and keep forgetting about it till someone brings it up.

And I only heard about HD because I played Trace Memory, oddly enough...
The atmosphere of Hotel Dusk is so special, I get chills thinking about it.

Dammit, why did Nintendo let CiNG die? ;_;

They should revive the IP and have Spike Chunsoft work on it.

pariah164

The atmosphere of Hotel Dusk is so special, I get chills thinking about it.

Dammit, why did Nintendo let CiNG die? ;_;

They should revive the IP and have Spike Chunsoft work on it.
... I think I would die of happy if that happened.

Back on topic, all these people getting the game makes me hope and pray it does well enough so we can get the sequel.

Top Bottom