• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Type-Zero

I have a question. I made the mistake of watching the anime last as it aired since it was pretty interesting. Im curious if I will still be able to enjoy the game. I think the anime completely spoiled me :(

I have a question. I made the mistake of watching the anime last as it aired since it was pretty interesting. Im curious if I will still be able to enjoy the game. I think the anime completely spoiled me :(
A lot of people are going in spoiled, whether by the anime or internet shenanigans. It's still very much worth it because the game in much more in-depth.

Plus, it is connected to the second game, so you'll want to play this first to get totally up to speed. (Plus, School Mode!)

pariah164

I am one of the few people going in spoiler-free, save for accidentally viewing a piece of fan art that, knowing my luck, spoiled something huge.

And now to try and sleep. 10 hours leeeeeeft.

Some of you will probably appreciate this reference.

ifqAr823ANpnA.jpg

Fukawa keeps proving that she's the best waifu.

Houk

NISA
is it NISA who decides trophy names? I thought the game devs did, in which case it makes sense since Chunsoft.

Normally we just directly translate the developer trophy names, yeah. In this case, though, the original trophy names were pretty generic (as in, just shorter descriptions of the trophy requirement). So in this case I took some time to spice it up a bit. Hopefully people don't get too annoyed at it.

And that meat dimension reference makes total sense in context, I swear!

Flandy

A lot of people are going in spoiled, whether by the anime or internet shenanigans. It's still very much worth it because the game in much more in-depth.

Plus, it is connected to the second game, so you'll want to play this first to get totally up to speed. (Plus, School Mode!)

I'm going in knowing pretty much nothing. I haven't seen any trailers for the game or anything. I've really only seen the screenshots posted in this thread. I enjoy Visual Novels and people tell me it's like Ace Attorney. That's all the convincing I needed lol

I actually have Jury Duty tomorrow (Tuesday) too :lol
:(

Roto13

I'm going in knowing pretty much nothing. I haven't seen any trailers for the game or anything. I've really only seen the screenshots posted in this thread. I enjoy Visual Novels and people tell me it's like Ace Attorney. That's all the convincing I needed lol

Show them your GAF avatar, you'll get in for sure.

If you want to know more about the characters, than you could enjoy the game since the anime basically skipped most of the characterization that happens in the game.

It's also more fun solving the murders yourself instead of getting dumped all the evidences in one scene.

Time for bed and still no shipping email.

*sigh*

This is true despair. NISA step it up. I wonder if this is the case for the majority of people who ordered LE's and are located outside the United States though. It still says "pending fulfillment" and they charged me last Thursday. I guess I'll just sleep since I have a test at noon and hope that they send me a shipping notification sometime tomorrow.

This is true despair. NISA step it up. I wonder if this is the case for the majority of people who ordered LE's and are located outside the United States though. It still says "pending fulfillment" and they charged me last Thursday. I guess I'll just sleep since I have a test at noon and hope that they send me a shipping notification sometime tomorrow.
This was the one reason I was hesitant to order from their site. I have in the past and it always took a long time to get my stuff. (2+ weeks for Ar tonelico II)

I want to support the game as much as possible and get the LE, but I also just want to start playing immediately. I really wish NISA would make all of their LEs available from other stores.

Fukawa keeps proving that she's the best waifu.

Best waifu? I guess it's ok to be wrong.

If you want to know more about the characters, than you could enjoy the game since the anime basically skipped most of the characterization that happens in the game.

It's also more fun solving the murders yourself instead of getting dumped all the evidences in one scene.

Yup, the anime reducing all of the investigations to a montage was pretty annoying.

I'm probably gonna post the spoiler topic around noon just to have it up for whenever it's needed

Clov

I'm in Canada, and my copy shipped today. I guess it might depend on when you ordered? I ordered mine only a few days after the preorder opened...

I'm in Canada, and my copy shipped today. I guess it might depend on when you ordered? I ordered mine only a few days after the preorder opened...
Probably, but it's still a bit worrying. And with the holiday next week, if we don't get it by Friday, we'll be waiting even longer. :(

I hope my copy ships out early this morning and arrives before the weekend, but I'm not that hopeful.

AniHawk

there's an ice storm down south. i wonder if that had an effect on shipments.

Squire

Banned
This was the one reason I was hesitant to order from their site. I have in the past and it always took a long time to get my stuff. (2+ weeks for Ar tonelico II)

I want to support the game as much as possible and get the LE, but I also just want to start playing immediately. I really wish NISA would make all of their LEs available from other stores.

I really wish that for online only CEs/LEs, publishers would use their sites and Amazon at least.

I suppose it sort of defeats the point, but you're still selling the game and through at least one trusted retailer that 9/10 times is going to get the game to the customer on time.

Lemstar

I really wish that for online only CEs/LEs, publishers would use their sites and Amazon at least.

I suppose it sort of defeats the point, but you're still selling the game and through at least one trusted retailer that 9/10 times is going to get the game to the customer on time.
I don't know; Amazon doesn't exactly take the best care of stuff they ship. I'd hate to be the guy buying an actual limited LE only to have this show up.

Lemstar

Amazon doesn't. They sent Bravely Default CEs out in bubble mailers, which is why you see so many of them damaged through crushing.

I wanted to buy the LE too, but it would have been too expensive because of the shipping rate, which were very high for Europe.

Anyway, hello everyone! I have yet to buy the Vita version, but have already finished the PSP one when the Fan Translation came out and loved the game.

Lusankya

So according to this blog post, the digital version in EU is releasing later than the physical version and is more expensive? Guess I'm importing then. That's a kick to the gut.

I fail to see where Chris King states that the PSN version was more expensive. In the comments section he says the game will be normally priced with 39.99€.

Btw. why not just buying it from the US store?

ZeroX03

Banned
I fail to see where Chris King states that the PSN version was more expensive. In the comments section he says the game will be normally priced with 39.99€.

Btw. why not just buying it from the US store?

£34.99 on PSN, but it's £30 at retail. And seeing as my Vita's account is currently New Zealand, that means it'll be $70-75NZD digital versus $50NZD importing.

And I don't want to buy it from the US store because switching regions on Vita is an absolute bitch?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
These are the best trophies:

Despair's Last Reward
Earned every other trophy in the game

Nine Coins, Nine Purses, Nine Bears
Collected 999 Monocoins
Oh man, I thought the 999 reference in Muramasa was cool enough, but we've got BOTH games referenced? I usually like reading up on trophies to prepare myself on anything I should do while I play, but I think I'll beat the game first just to be safe.

When will this be on the US PS Store?
Later today around 4-7 PM EST. Sony really doesn't have a set time as to when PSN updates each week.

ParityBit

Later today around 4-7 PM EST. Sony really doesn't have a set time as to when PSN updates each week.

Store is typically updated anywhere from 2pm-4pm EST. You can usually find games by searching for them directly around 2pm.

Thanks a lot guys. I just got my Vita about 2 weeks ago (White 1000 OLED) and I love it so far. This will be my first dive into a game I actually bought outside of PSN+.

This and Toukiden I think. I should get P4G at some point too I suppose.

Lusankya

Locking myself out of every other game on my Vita is not something I want to do? Plus backing up, formatting and then having to reorganize my home screen. No, that's not going to happen.

Well, then I guess you have to wait. Btw. you don't have to reorganize your home screen anymore (was patched I think a year ago or so).

Yasumi

Banned
Still no shipping confirmation from NISA. Canada here, and I ordered when there were around 40% left. This is a most exquisite despair.

Quixzlizx

People are so crazed to see when their copy is arriving from NISA that the USPS website is being hammered and won't load when I search for my tracking number.

LX_Theo

Banned

I had jury duty back in January. Is it the first day, then? Man, I was tempted to get up and yell objection, lol.

Hope you can get out of it for the full ride like I was able to. Then again, it makes a great excuse to play mobile games during the down times.

pariah164

I was called for Jury Duty once. Had to miss a day of classes, only to call back and find out in the middle of the day 'Hey! You're not needed after all! ROFL." I was very annoyed.

Back on topic: one hour leeeeeeft.

AniHawk

I was called for Jury Duty once. Had to miss a day of classes, only to call back and find out in the middle of the day 'Hey! You're not needed after all! ROFL." I was very annoyed.

that's kind of what danganronpa is like. you go to a trial so you can't go to class.

Top Bottom