• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

there's an ice storm down south. i wonder if that had an effect on shipments.

Son of a bitch, I just read about that earlier today as well. For my first time ever ordering from NISA, as opposed to walking 3 minutes down the street, going digital, or getting it off of Amazon Canada (which almost always delivers earlier. I think I might just be near a warehouse though), this isn't exactly the most ideal of experiences... Also I still didn't get a support email, so there's that. Man I should just cave and get the game digital as well.

Domstercool

What I thought. :) (P.S, I'm no professional game review)

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is a welcome addition to the ever-growing library of great visual novel games for us Westerners. It combines the tone of Virtue’s Last Reward with the gameplay of Phoenix Wright rather well, yet manages to have its own style and personality. There’s no doubt that the story is the star of the show, with great characters and a gripping plot that has many twists and turns. Fans of adventure visual novels should without a doubt check DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc out, while showing support for the series to let Nippon Ichi know that we want the sequel to get the same deserved loving treatment.

8/10

http://darkzero.co.uk/game-reviews/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-vita/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, if it's true, guess the pre-orders did well enough, along with all the positive reviews we've been hearing (I think only one site gave it below an 8, & it was technically 3.5/5).

robotrock

Banned
Some of you will probably appreciate this reference.

ifqAr823ANpnA.jpg

My copy has not arrived yet but this 100% justifies the purchase to me

Houk

NISA
Funimation's having on contest on the Danganronpa Animation Facebook page for the LE, for those interested.

Not sure if this can be answered yet, but anyone know if the artbook should be read until after the game's been beaten? I remember Killer is Dead had a spoiler warning on the front page for its artbook.

There aren't any major story spoilers, but for some characters it does talk a bit about their personalities/backstory that you would otherwise learn through playing the game.

If you just browse through it for the art and don't read the descriptions, there aren't any spoilers at all.

LProtag

Is this getting a digital release today? I'm out at the moment and wondering if I should be searching for a physical copy or not.

Edit: I'm stupid and forgot to check the PSN blog.

Dantis

Hey guys, I don't know whether to rent this or buy it, and I was wondering how long it is, and if there's any replay value or post-game content. Is the Platinum trophy something you can do in a single playthrough, also?

Necrovex

Hey guys, I don't know whether to rent this or buy it, and I was wondering how long it is, and if there's any replay value or post-game content. Is the Platinum trophy something you can do in a single playthrough, also?

Buy and love it, Dantis-chan.

It's probably between 20-30 hours for a playthrough. This version seems to have added a new mode that wasn't in the PSP original, but I'm not sure how meaty it is. Based on the trophy list I think you'd have to do a bit after your initial playthrough for the platinum, but not an entire extra run.

I really recommend this game!

Dantis

Buy and love it, Dantis-chan.

Your avatar is amazing and you don't come to PersonaGAF enough.

It's probably between 20-30 hours for a playthrough. This version seems to have added a new mode that wasn't in the PSP original, but I'm not sure how meaty it is. Based on the trophy list I think you'd have to do a bit after your initial playthrough for the platinum, but not an entire extra run.

I really recommend this game!

Hmm. Cheers for the response!

There's a postgame mode that's actually really addictive. I could see people playing it for multiple tens of hours.

Roto13

A new mode opens up after you clear the game and you need to play it quite a bit to get the platinum trophy. I got the platinum last night and my save file says I've played for 48 hours. You only have to play the main story once, IF you randomly get item number 91 before a certain point in the story, which will unlock an extra scene you need to buy in the gallery to get one of the trophies, AND you probably have to make the "wrong choice" at a certain point to get the "bad ending" which is more like a glorified game over screen. Otherwise, you'll have to use Chapter Select to go back to those parts of the game, which isn't really a big deal. You can fast forward through the text.

The post game stuff isn't that interesting. If I knew going in how many times I'd have to play through the post game thing to get the Platinum trophy, I wouldn't have bothered. I'd have just done it once and stopped playing. I didn't realize it until I was far enough in to stick with it to the end.

Just came back from GameStop after picking up my One Piece pre order. I asked if anyone was buying Dangan Ronpa and the guy said that he has about four that was pre ordered. That's good right?

Just came back from GameStop after picking up my One Piece pre order. I asked if anyone was buying Dangan Ronpa and the guy said that he has about four that was pre ordered. That's good right?

For a niche game like this on a poorly-selling platform, yeah that's probably pretty good. Probably even better if you live in a small town. Still only anecdotal of course.

anddo0

Guess I'm getting the PSN version. GS didn't have the game, hell they couldn't even find my pre-order the computer. I pre-ordered online with in-store pickup. But it should've still been in their system.

Roto13

Yes I have. But I don't get what it's spoiling with that title.

@Roto13: Yeah, they'll probably take a while to do. It doesn't say anything about the Difficulty setting though, maybe you can get the trophy playing it on Easy?

You can only get the trophies for shooting white noise on normal or above.

But when it says "Cleared every class trial [something]" it actually means "Cleared any class trial [something]" so it's not actually very hard. You only have to clear one trial without taking damage or using your stamina meter or whatever.

You can only get the trophies for shooting white noise on normal or above.

But when it says "Cleared every class trial [something]" it actually means "Cleared any class trial [something]" so it's not actually very hard. You only have to clear one trial without taking damage or using your stamina meter or whatever.
Well, that changes it completely then. It's not that hard, still a bit tedious. I'll probably try to get the platinum; having already played it on the PSP should help hopefully regarding the Trials.

Top Bottom