• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

1337Sauce

Too scared to look through this thread, trying to keep things as spoiler free as possible. Can anybody tell me about how long it would take to get through this game, as compared to how much it takes to see everything? Are there multiple endings and what not, similar to 999?

Appreciate it, trying to finish up BD before I buy this game. I was going to buy this game after I finish BD, but do you think I should just grab a copy today just in case it sells out?

Roto13

Too scared to look through this thread, trying to keep things as spoiler free as possible. Can anybody tell me about how long it would take to get through this game, as compared to how much it takes to see everything? Are there multiple endings and what not, similar to 999?

Appreciate it, trying to finish up BD before I buy this game. I was going to buy this game after I finish BD, but do you think I should just grab a copy today just in case it sells out?

It took me about 35 hours. There's one point where you can get a "bad ending" if you make the wrong choice, and then it'll rewind and let you pick the right choice. Nothing on the scale of 999, though. Only one real playthrough required.

1337Sauce

It took me about 35 hours. There's one point where you can get a "bad ending" if you make the wrong choice, and then it'll rewind and let you pick the right choice. Nothing on the scale of 999, though. Only one real playthrough required.

Thank you very much! I really did not want to play this game with an ending guide. Don't have the time to usually play through a game multiple times unless I really really like it, so this works perfectly for me then.

pariah164

These
Monokuma Theater
things are trippy as fuck.

I like it.

Also (Chapter 1 spoilers)...

Dammit, Sayaka! I hate it when I'm right. Though the blood being hot pink kind of ruins the whole dramatic mood...

I finished up a few secrets to platinum VLR yesterday, perfect timing. This seems to be along the same lines and looks great. Just finished the download, so I'll get into it a bit later.

Flandy

About to boot the game up in a few minutes. 2 questions.
Is there any save game bugs?
The English dub good?
I know it's dual audio but I'd prefer to go with the dub if it's any good. If it it's anything like Persona 3/4s dub I'll take it

pariah164

About to boot the game up in a few minutes. 2 questions.
Is there any save game bugs?
The English dub good?
I know it's dual audio but I'd prefer to go with the dub if it's any good. If it it's anything like Persona 3/4s dub I'll take it

The dub is excellent in my opinion. And no save game bugs yet.

Flandy

Pick the harder one. The game doesn't set you back much even if you happen to fail. I wish I had picked the harder option.

For both difficultys? Also can you not change the audio track one you start a game? Didn't see it in the options and it asked me when I was about to start.

PK Gaming

Well I just started chapter 1 and I already have a massive chill down my spine.

That premise is... yeah

As an aside, I don't know why people are hating on the english dub. It's totally fine, (and characters usually say a small phrase anyway...) great even.

Prelude.

Well I just started chapter 1 and I already have a massive chill down my spine.

That premise is... yeah

As an aside, I don't know why people are hating on the english dub. It's fine (and characters usually say a small phrase anyway...)

It's fully voiced during the trials.

Trigger

Downloading now.
Xs8eiNf.gif

Kurtofan

So by social links does this mean like in Persona 3/4? Friendships, romance subplots? I'm trying to avoid spoilers if I ever play this.

So by social links does this mean like in Persona 3/4? Friendships, romance subplots? I'm trying to avoid spoilers if I ever play this.

Just backstory on characters and some light conversations. It's more of a side thing really, lesser role in the game than in Persona definately.

It's Friday according to the eu online store, but it's strange that there has been practically zero media info on this in the Uk.

Next week for the digital release, if what the the NISA dude said on the EU PS blog is true, but with the way the psn store is run, who knows really.
Who to believe!

Brew124

Had this and Toukiden shipped from Amazon yesterday.. and they sent it to the wrong UPS facility. Figures. Tracking Info now says it will arrive on Thursday, as it was sent to West Virginia instead of Ohio. Oh well.. guess two extra days won't kill me.

pariah164

During the Trial...

Do you start with five hearts? I suddenly see I'm missing one, and since there's a trophy for taking no damage during them, I'd like to know if I need to go back and restart this trial (again, ugh).

Yasumi

Banned
During the Trial...

Do you start with five hearts? I suddenly see I'm missing one, and since there's a trophy for taking no damage during them, I'd like to know if I need to go back and restart this trial (again, ugh).

Don't worry about getting the trophy on your first playthrough. Making mistakes is part of the experience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sigh* Still "Pending Fulfillment" for me. Oh well, I got the Bravely Default CE in perfect condition, I can play that while waiting for this LE to arrive.

*sigh* Still "Pending Fulfillment" for me. Oh well, I got the Bravely Default CE in perfect condition, I can play that while waiting for this LE to arrive.

Same. Didn't even get a shipping email yet but they happily charged me last Thursday. Are you located outside the United States? I think those located internationally are gonna have to be waiting... A very long time. From what I've heard, I think some people had to even wait a month just for the Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory LE's to get to them. God this sucks. Release day and not even a shipping notification.

CompC

Just started it! I wish I didn't have so much other stuff to do, I just want to play this for the rest of the day…

Just started chapter one. How many chapters are there total?

Noi

Finished Chapter 1. I haven't felt the rush I had through the entire Deadly Life segment since I first played the original Ace Attorney, such a great feeling.

Deadly Life spoiler:
Junko getting killed off so early made me ;_; though. I knew I should have spent some free time with her...

Do the Monokuma tokens randomly regenerate in objects you've checked before, or is it all fixed by chapter?

Finished Chapter 1. I haven't felt the rush I had through the entire Deadly Life segment since I first played the original Ace Attorney, such a great feeling.

Deadly Life spoiler:
Junko getting killed off so early made me ;_; though. I knew I should have spent some free time with her...

Do the Monokuma tokens randomly regenerate in objects you've checked before, or is it all fixed by chapter?
Fixed AFAIK.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Same. Didn't even get a shipping email yet but they happily charged me last Thursday. Are you located outside the United States? I think those located internationally are gonna have to be waiting... A very long time. From what I've heard, I think some people had to even wait a month just for the Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory LE's to get to them. God this sucks. Release day and not even a shipping notification.
Nah, I'm in Michigan. Hopefully I'll see an update tomorrow or so.

FluxWaveZ

Always seem to be some amount of shipping issues with niche games like this. It's a bummer.

Being based in Canada, it's probably why Game Access haven't shipped out any yet either. I just bought the digital version.

Roto13

You can change the language by going to chapter select and picking a level. For some reason, it doesn't let you change it from the options.

789shadow

Banned
Pulled the trigger on this and a Vita. Also because I think that leak earlier today heavily implies we're getting the sequel soon.

(Pulled the trigger works on multiple levels here.)

kierwynn

Waiting on my LE to arrive. I never got a shipping notif, but according to the tracking number listed on my account it has been shipped and should arrive tomorrow. I ordered a copy for someone else from Amazon and they got theirs today. I'm really jealous because I'm ready to play! Tomorrow, I hope...

abrack08

Well, Amazon came through for me. It didn't ship until late last night, left Fort Worth at 1:40 AM and somehow arrived in Austin at 2 AM (usually a 3 hour drive, an hour long flight). Was delivered by noon, made the second half of the work day go by reaaaaaaaaal slow.

I realized when I was sticking it in the Vita that this is the first time since I put Persona 4 Golden in early last year that I've taken the game out, thought that was funny. It's not a "Vita has no games!" remark, I've got plenty of digital games, just don't think I've ever had one game stay in a console for about a year.

Top Bottom