• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Same here. I knew the game would be hard to find but only 1 copy which I preordered? Thats pretty rare.

I must have really lucked out, since I didn't preorder but GameStop had exactly 1 copy.

Anyway, I just finished Chapter 1 and I'm loving it so far. These are some of the most circular debates I've seen (literally).

Zephyx

Nope. Just various character portraits to show what they're feeling. They don't transition to each other or move at all. Their mouths don't move when they talk. It's basically just this:

5%28227%29.png

Ah. Bummer. Well, the portraits are well-drawn so that compensates for it.

I want to play it today but I'm planning to get a physical copy which won't be available in our area until tomorrow or Friday.

For those who played the sequel, is it basically a rehash of the assets of the first game with different stories and characters? I don't have the slightest clue what to expect with this franchise. All I know is that it's supposed to be good. :D

The soundtrack is amazing.

Yea I seriously LOVE it.

As someone that basically went into this blind, has no experience with the series, and ordered yesterday I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I'm really digging it at this point. Very intriguing; hooked me like Corpse Party did.

I want that soundtrack!

For those who played the sequel, is it basically a rehash of the assets of the first game with different stories and characters? I don't have the slightest clue what to expect with this franchise. All I know is that it's supposed to be good. :D

Well, I mean, the general format of the game is pretty similar. Trapped high schoolers, kill eachother, trials, etc. The only "rehashed assets" are really just a few songs, which are great songs anyways and there's only a few that carry over, the vast majority are new and also awesome.

Pretty much all the mechanics from the first game are either improved or replaced in the second, and a few are added too. The games are similar, but it's certainly not a rehash by any means. The second game is still fresh and has its own feel to it. I'd see no reason why someone who enjoys the first shouldn't get it. I'll echo the sentiment that the sequel is overall a much improved game.

bigkrev

Well, played (and live tweeted, lol) untill my battery died, which was part way through the first trial. I'm really digging the game so far, but the touch screen stuff in the trial seems really unresponsive- i have to jam my whole fist onto the screen to get it to respond sometimes.

Game is awesome though!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeeeeeeeeees, just got the e-mail stating my order has been fulfilled & shipped. & according to the tracking number, it should arrive Thursday since it's priority mail 3-day shipping (which for free, is awesome).

pariah164

the fact that this comes right after mondo owning up to his own weakness and jealousy of chihiro makes it all the b
u
tter

also it's based on some fairytale or something so the butter thing makes a bit of sense. just a bit.
Yeah, I think it involved wild animals and somehow chasing something for so long they turned into butter?

Houk

NISA
I don't necessarily want to PM him about it since that's probably not his job or anything. Though if he happens to see it and can help out, it'd be much appreciated. :p

Man, first Bravely Default and now this. My pre-orders have been cursed this month.

Yeah, unfortunately I can't do anything on that end. All the store stuff is a separate group and I'd basically just be walking over to bug them for info.

Hope it gets sorted out soon, though!

Trigger

The action mini games really take a minute to get used to.

Yup!

The Monokuma theme and the
Execution
theme are very fantastic.

I really like the little track that plays when you have a breakthrough during debates. Oh, and the Closing Argument melody.

Tygamr

Checked stock for this at Gamestop, and it says they have no copies anywhere nearby... So I guess I should order it? I could buy it on PSN but eh.

STILL waiting on my shipping email from NISA despite being charged last week.

I remember now why I stopped ordering from NISA's store. I hope they have it a bit more in hand for when SDR2 comes out.

AniHawk

STILL waiting on my shipping email from NISA despite being charged last week.

I remember now why I stopped ordering from NISA's store. I hope they have it a bit more in hand for when SDR2 comes out.

considering the limited editions seem stuck in texas, it might be related to this act of god

you might try giving them a call tomorrow.

webkid94

considering the limited editions seem stuck in texas, it might be related to this act of god

you might try giving them a call tomorrow.

Mine left dallas yesterday after 10pm (their time, dunno which standard), still no updates but it usually hits the regional center like in the wee early hours then my city's post office gets it around 7 or even 8.

FluxWaveZ

I probably underestimated how serious the game was actually going to be in terms of thematic, at least initially, until I got to (CH. 1 SPOILERS)
the DVD scene in ch. 1

And then I just got to the part where (CH. 2 BEGINNING SPOILERS)
Junko gets impaled by a bunch of spears and dies. She was really cool, too.

Man, it's harsh. I love it.

Went in blind based on people saying Wright/999 combo

Man, this game has hit me like a ton of bricks. Black comedy and such, but when it's dark, it's dark.

Love the soundtrack and game play, but it's got you in the trenches so to speak, vs Wright and such.

Not sure if I'll continue.

Man, this game has hit me like a ton of bricks. Black comedy and such, but when it's dark, it's dark.

Love the soundtrack and game play, but it's got you in the trenches so to speak, vs Wright and such.

Power through, friend. It only gets better from here on out.

Fighting through despair is the corner stone of the series. You can do it!

Labrys

it's very much improved upon. new mechanics are added along with new minigames and a new way of traversing the map in terms of assets

imo it's better than this one but this one's still pretty great

Moonlight

Banned
12473429113_02e7d48393_z.jpg

Definitely the best.

By the way, does anyone know how to get more monocoins aside from digging them up off searching the scenery? I screwed up with the machine near the beginning and wound up using way more coins than I probably needed to, and now I'm running thin.

Roto13

12473429113_02e7d48393_z.jpg

Definitely the best.

By the way, does anyone know how to get more monocoins aside from digging them up off searching the scenery? I screwed up with the machine near the beginning and wound up using way more coins than I probably needed to, and now I'm running thin.

You get a bunch for clearing chapters.

I got a ridiculous amount of PSN cards for Christmas, and I am strong considering downloading it off PSN while waiting for my LE to ship, but that seems like such a waste of money.

*sigh*

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, unfortunately I can't do anything on that end. All the store stuff is a separate group and I'd basically just be walking over to bug them for info.

Hope it gets sorted out soon, though!

Just got shipping notification! Oddly enough, it's been out and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but I just got the e-mail an hour or two ago.

Top Bottom