• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Dugna

Pulled the trigger on this and a Vita. Also because I think that leak earlier today heavily implies we're getting the sequel soon.

(Pulled the trigger works on multiple levels here.)

May I ask which leak? Been working all day and I think I missed it.

Moonlight

Banned
Was searching for a physical copy of the game and came up dry, so I sucked it up and bought it off PSN. Just finished downloading. Excited as hell for this.

Animekatt

I had a copy preordered at bestbuy.com, but got the notice yesterday that it was backordered. I managed to get the only non preordered copy from GS this morning (They had 5 preorders, and the one non preorder). It helped that I was there shortly after they opened.

Labrys

Can somebody hook me up with a Chihiro avatar? I'm too afraid to search online in fear of spoilers.

EihUc7z.png
JrBvKPS.png
841RolR.png
1U9OxrP.png

if you don't like any of those i can make some more for you

Rarutos

Sad that I'm not getting mine until tomorrow, but I can't wait to play through this again! Also can't wait to see the peaceful school life stuff!

Kazerei

Banned
Picked up the game at GameStop, and supposedly the store only got 3 copies, and they don't expect any more shipments. Yowza.

I've been avoiding threads about this game so I'm going in fresh! Woohoo!

pariah164

End of chapter 1 spoilers:

WELP. I've heard of getting stoned to death but that was ridiculous. Ridiculous and amazing. Poor Leon; I liked him dammit. Bullet Time nearly ended me, but I finally figured it out. Onward to chapter two!

My review over at RPGsite is up.

This game isn't deserving of a 10/10, the story, music, and characters are all fantastic, but the actual gameplay mechanics especially in the trials really bog things down. Having to aim and shoot down distracting comments gets really tedious especially when the only way the game makes them harder is making your cursor fly around like its drunk and throwing 3-5 distracting comments in front of each week point. Machine gun battles really suck, they do nothing but pad out the game with really boring rhythm sections that have nothing to do with you using logic.

I stand by what I've always said, the more gameplay a VN tries to squeeze in the worse off it is. The story and characters are the main driving force for why you keep playing VNs, the more time you take the player away from this with gimmicky bs the worse your vn is.

Houk

NISA
We actually briefly entertained the idea of trying to voice Monokuma in the style of Winnie the Pooh.

And now you have to die. Oh bother...

pariah164

This game isn't deserving of a 10/10, the story, music, and characters are all fantastic, but the actual gameplay mechanics especially in the trials really bog things down. Having to aim and shoot down distracting comments gets really tedious especially when the only way the game makes them harder is making your cursor fly around like its drunk and throwing 3-5 distracting comments in front of each week point. Machine gun battles really suck, they do nothing but pad out the game with really boring rhythm sections that have nothing to do with you using logic.

I stand by what I've always said, the more gameplay a VN tries to squeeze in the worse off it is. The story and characters are the main driving force for why you keep playing VNs, the more time you take the player away from this with gimmicky bs the worse your vn is.
That's your opinion. He has his own opinion. Just because you don't think it's a 10/10 game doesn't mean he can't think so. So far, this game is a 10/10 for me.

We actually briefly entertained the idea of trying to voice Monokuma in the style of Winnie the Pooh.

And now you have to die. Oh bother...
Pff- I could not take that seriously.

That's your opinion. He has his own opinion. Just because you don't think it's a 10/10 game doesn't mean he can't think so. So far, this game is a 10/10 for me..

Flawed mechanics don't make a game a 10/10, I really don't see how Machine gun battle add anything relevant to the game

Roto13

So there's no animation or sprite movement what so ever? I assume it will have transitions to reflect one emotion to another.

Nope. Just various character portraits to show what they're feeling. They don't transition to each other or move at all. Their mouths don't move when they talk. It's basically just this:

5%28227%29.png

End of chapter 1 spoilers:

WELP. I've heard of getting stoned to death but that was ridiculous. Ridiculous and amazing. Poor Leon; I liked him dammit. Bullet Time nearly ended me, but I finally figured it out. Onward to chapter two!

I screwed up 3 times on BTB prior to it finally clicking. That said, I figured it was Leon immediately once I saw the note and the 30ft distance cemented it. Still, fuck Bullet Time Battles...

Just finished chapter 1.
Spoilers for chapter 1
I expected the first chapter to be obvious with who would be involved in the murder, but Junko dying out of the blue shocked me. Damn that pissed me off because she's one of the few I liked. I was expecting a "you get a warning" like the first guy.

pariah164

Just finished chapter 1.
Spoilers for chapter 1
I expected the first chapter to be obvious with who would be involved in the murder, but Junko dying out of the blue shocked me. Damn that pissed me off because she's one of the few I liked. I was expecting a "you get a warning" like the first guy.
Monokuma don't play around yo.

I screwed up 3 times on BTB prior to it finally clicking. That said, I figured it was Leon immediately once I saw the note and the 30ft distance cemented it. Still, fuck Bullet Time Battles...
I knew it the second I saw the dying message Sayaka left behind, but that could be Phoenix Wright/Zero Escape experience at work. And yeah, Bullet Time is hard.

macklelol

Aw yeah, got the Don't take damage/don't retry/don't use concentrate trophies already. Thank goodness you don't have to do it for every trial.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My LE from the NISA store hasn't shipped yet. I'm starting to get concerned. I was fully charged on February 5th, but my order is still Pending Fulfillment.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I would try contacting them, either by calling or emailing them.

Yeah, I just sent an e-mail. Their customer service wouldn't be available for a call right now.

Maybe Houk would know something about the situation?

I don't necessarily want to PM him about it since that's probably not his job or anything. Though if he happens to see it and can help out, it'd be much appreciated. :p

Man, first Bravely Default and now this. My pre-orders have been cursed this month.

My LE from the NISA store hasn't shipped yet. I'm starting to get concerned. I was fully charged on February 5th, but my order is still Pending Fulfillment.

If I don't get anything tomorrow I'm gonna shoot them an email, or if I have time between classes or something I'll call them. I was charged on the 6th myself. Honestly I'm getting to that point where I'm probably going to end up like with Muramasa, where I own the LE Physical, but I also have the digital copy because why not.

Top Bottom