• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

pariah164

The actor in question is very likely unionized, and this was very likely a non-union job. I'lll admit I don't fully understand the politics of it, but suffice to say, it's a no-no. Plenty of VAs usually take on alibis or their name is never let out entirely in these cases. Naoto from Persona 4, for instance, was a similar case. And it's why she had an all new voice for the Animation, as the people responsible for that dub couldn't actually find her.
Wow, that's weird. Kind of a shame though; the vocal cast in this game did an amazing job, and they deserve to get credit for it.
Even if most of the characters die horribly.

Labrys

Extremely loud, prolonged noises causing excessive blood loss from ears.

H7ytHiZ.jpg

Labrys

I still need to play this >_>

Will as soon as I get a new Vita :)

Hey Labrys :) Miss you in the K-ON! thread.

ah, hey!

yeah, sorry about that, i kinda phased away from GAF and a lot of other internet stuff for a while, i'll have to check in again sometime!

ah, hey!

yeah, sorry about that, i kinda phased away from GAF and a lot of other internet stuff for a while, i'll have to check in again sometime!

Please do! We got some new members, but you're always welcome back. <3

Also glad to hear everyone's enjoying this. After the bad news of 999/VLR 3, I really need something to fill the gap it's left for now

robotrock

Banned
How many chapters are in this? I don't want to accidentally click the spoiler thread again, so I'll probably try and rush through it now.

Finished the game and that was an amazing experience. Can't wait for DR2!
For a few of the later cases, I found it fun to try and piece together all of the clues before going into the trial.
End game spoilers:
It was fun piecing together theories as I found each of the clues. When Monokuma confirmed that the mastermind was one of the 16 students at the school, I knew it had to be one of the students who "died". The death that didn't have a true motive attached to it would be connected to the mastermind. Once I had Mukuro's measurements, I compared it with the student who I thought was the mastermind and that pretty much sealed the deal on who the mastermind was and what they did.

I really enjoyed the entirety of the last trial and the mastermind. I played this in English and I thought the VA was great and pulled off each of the different personalities. I didn't care about how much exposition was thrown right at the end because of the way the mastermind presented it.

Houk

NISA
What...? No way. Ok I give, I'm ready for my execution.

I... I give up.

OTL

Unless I AM right and you're just saying to avoid getting into legal issues.

Nah, if you had it I really would have just said nothing :p

And just to clarify, it's not legal reasons per se, it's just the way union/non-union/semi-union stuff works. We leave the choice of whether to take credit for a role up to the actor, so that way everyone's guaranteed to be covered.

bigkrev

Well I just finished the game. Probably gonna take a break and jump into school mode next month or something. Game was awesome!

Junko's VA deserves a medal for that final performance. Sounded like 4 different people!

And just to clarify, it's not legal reasons per se, it's just the way union/non-union/semi-union stuff works. We leave the choice of whether to take credit for a role up to the actor, so that way everyone's guaranteed to be covered.

What voice actors CAN you tell us about? Besides Feep I mean.

Labrys

Well I just finished the game. Probably gonna take a break and jump into school mode next month or something. Game was awesome!

Junko's VA deserves a medal for that final performance. Sounded like 4 different people!

Amanda C. Miller and Erin Fitzgerald shared that role

Oh, so the person we're talking about didn't want to be credited? In that case, we'll have to respect her privacy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What voice actors CAN you tell us about? Besides Feep I mean.
I know Makoto/main character is Bryce Papenbrook, who is also Kirito from Sword Art Online & Taz from Bravely Default, though I think that was already mentioned in the thread (can't find it, but I recall PK Gaming posted a voice actor list).

Labrys

I know Makoto/main character is Bryce Papenbrook, who is also Kirito from Sword Art Online & Taz from Bravely Default, though I think that was already mentioned in the thread (can't find it, but I recall PK Gaming posted a voice actor list).

kaiji tang is hagakure, lucien dodge is yamada, erika harlacher is kyoko

Moonlight

Banned
So, I just started Chapter 4. Shit went down as usual - no one spoil anything for me, but
the first choice that it gives you, to tell Kyoko or not to: does it matter what I pick? I don't need to know if there's a right answer or a wrong answer specifically.

Trigger

So, I just started Chapter 4. Shit went down as usual - no one spoil anything for me, but
the first choice that it gives you, to tell Kyoko or not to: does it matter what I pick? I don't need to know if there's a right answer or a wrong answer specifically.

Pretty sure you can't tell her. I couldn't at least.

pariah164

On the subjects of VAs, Cassandra Lee voiced Aoi Asahina. She also voiced Edea in Bravely Default, which is a nice connect.

I need to get back to Bravely Default, but I'm still all up in (post-game spoiler)
School Mode...

kewlmyc

On the subjects of VAs, Cassandra Lee voiced Aoi Asahina. She also voiced Edea in Bravely Default, which is a nice connect.

I need to get back to Bravely Default, but I'm still all up in (post-game spoiler)
School Mode...

What's the gameplay like?

pariah164

What's the gameplay like?
In Bravely Default? Really cool. It's a traditional turn based formula, turned on it's head thanks to the fact you have to think about what you want to do before you attack. Grinding is kind of a pain sometimes, but hey, JRPG. After playing SMT/Persona, I'm used to such a thing. It's pretty solid, and Edea is my favorite character. No wonder I liked Aoi so much in DR.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chapter 3 finished & thoughts:

Eeeh, I started to suspect Celeste early in the trial considering her behavior with the dolly, but it was still interesting figuring out what the hell happened. Plus it was neat seeing her crack similar to the murder in an Ace Attorney game. Though I think I was more surprised when her voice became plain.

Though dang, what the hell is with the masked person!?

Btw, I don't really want to dig through this thread but could someone link those present likes/dislike images again, with the pre chapter 2 and post chapter 2 spoilers.

Would be helpful (for me as well) to link those in the OT.

Danj

Totally forgot this was coming out this month, will it still be around for purchase in Europe at the end of the month when I get paid?

anddo0

Chapter one in the books.. My fears about the time based gameplay, and the rhythm game were thankfully overblown. I'm glad I took a chance on this title, very much enjoying it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did I miss an event in the Event Gallery between the Chapter 2 events of
Tomo Withdraws (1)
&
Genocide Jack File
?? I assume it's perhaps
Tomo Withdraws (2)
but I don't know how to earn it.

Noi

Did I miss an event in the Event Gallery between the Chapter 2 events of
Tomo Withdraws (1)
&
Genocide Jack File
?? I assume it's perhaps
Tomo Withdraws (2)
but I don't know how to earn it.

Just keep playing. I'm not sure /when/ you get it, but I was missing that one too at one point and had it later.

Top Bottom