• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just keep playing. I'm not sure /when/ you get it, but I was missing that one too at one point and had it later.
Aaah, okay. I figured since it was between Chapter 2 events, I would have to replay it & do something specific. I'll have to continue Chapter 4 tomorrow and finish up the Free Time section.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Question about how the story evolves and possibilities for different variants, until end of ch 1

Do who I interact with determine who dies? In my playthrough sayaka died first after becoming my best friend and then junko got killed by the headmaster. But glancing at the trophies it looks like I should be able to interact with junko long enough to fill out her report card. Would that have changed how the story evolves?

Also, I hope I get to kill some of these annoying bastards along the way

Question about how the story evolves and possibilities for different variants, until end of ch 1

Do who I interact with determine who dies? In my playthrough sayaka died first after becoming my best friend and then junko got killed by the headmaster. But glancing at the trophies it looks like I should be able to interact with junko long enough to fill out her report card. Would that have changed how the story evolves?

Also, I hope I get to kill some of these annoying bastards along the way
There wouldn't be any change in story, it's pretty linear when it comes to that sort of thing.

You can befriend everyone in the School life mode though. So anyone who gets the axe can be befriended in that mode.

Lusankya

- The switching and firing speed of truth bullets are too slow. Once I come across a nonstop debate where I don't predict what I'll need to do ahead of time I probably won't be able to switch bullets, fire, and hit the bullet in time even if I saw the contradiction the instant the words appeared. Seems a bit cheap.

Well, you don't have to point out the contradiction during the first "round", you can listen to the debate as often as you want. Also concentration mode is your friend in these situations. :)

Spoilers from the chapter 1 daily/deadly life question.

Are Sayaka and Junko the first ones to die always? It just seems really bad luck on my part since those were the 2 I used my free time on :/

kiryogi

Banned
COMPLETE. GIMME DANGANRONPA 2! ! !

Oh my god, the massive exposition and performance during the final trial with Enoshima was absolutely mindblowing. WHAT A FUCKING RIDE.

Just finished the first trial. The system is kinda neat, but everything is just way too easy and obvious even on the highest difficulty. It was kind of a drag to be honest and it somehow lacks the satisfaction you get from pointing out contradictions in AA games. I hope future trials will a bit more fun.

Just finished the first trial. The system is kinda neat, but everything is just way too easy and obvious even on the highest difficulty. It was kind of a drag to be honest and it somehow lacks the satisfaction you get from pointing out contradictions in AA games. I hope future trials will a bit more fun.
The other trials will add new gameplay elements to the mix.

Guess I'll be choosing the higher difficulty setting for both of the options it gives you.

So I thought to myself "Well, i'm at chapter 4, I'm sure I can look up a few sprites for a Hina avatar without spoiling myself too much right?"

Ha ha ha no.

How does the protagonist work in this? Is he of the silent variety a la Persona, or does he talk but not have a voice actor like Sigma in VLR?

I have to say one of the best things in this game is the reconstruct the crime through comic panels system.
Yeah. I just love to see how everything pans out instead of just trying to imagine it. Plus I love the crazy looks the murderer always has.

That said, they could have warned I was supposed to make the comic right from left like a manga. Took me a while to notice it and then I haaaaaaad to sloooooowly scrooooooll baaaaaaaaaaack to theeeeee begginiiiiiiiiiiing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, took me a minute to realize "Oh right, Japanese game, so right-to-left".

While I'm thinking about it, is there a skill list & how to earn them? It seems all I've been doing is increasing my SP limit (I might hit 20 soon) and only have about...4 or 5 skills.

kewlmyc

1hsg2q4.jpg

Sayakas VA is the least good of the bunch (going with english VA since I already played with the jap one on PSP) but... even that kind of fits concidering the (annoying) trope she kinda falls in.

I'm still very early (chapter 1 midway) but seems like Hagakure, Leon, Asahina, Mondo, Hifumi seem pretty good. Obviously I need to get to the trials to really judge. Very little VA happened so far of course also.

Monokuma is Monokuma
Excellent, thank you. Though kind of sucks I can't earn some of them since I'm at Chapter 4. Guess I'll have to earn them in School Mode. I'm at the mercy of what presents I get since I want to use the ones that gives the best reactions.

To be fair the difficulty is quite forgiving so the skills feel more like a nice lil bonus than something you need to have. I remember my first playtrough I had shitload of SP and only a few skills.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, it just hit me why Byakuya likes the
Emperor's Thong
present you can get, because (minor chapter 3 or 4 spoiler that I don't really affects the story, but considering you hear it during the story, I'll hide it)
Toko said that his underwear is black & so is the thong, which I can't help find but funny considering how serious he is.

LX_Theo

Banned
Just finished last night. Really liked it. Only gripe I had was that only two or three of the many plot twists actually surprised me. They get telegraphed so strongly before hand, it'd be hard to not see them coming.

Chapter 2 spoilers:

Well shit. Chihiro being a guy is largely immaterial, because cuteness is justice. Being dead, on the other hand, is more of a problem.

Credit due to Kirigiri for this one, since the possibility of Chihiro being male genuinely never occurred to me until I ran out of alternatives during the trial. And I'm usually semi-alert to crossdressing since it comes up with surprising frequency in the (many) manga I read, so I'm amazed I overlooked it initially.

My opinion of Toko increased tenfold with the revelation about her 'other half'. Genocide Jill is made of 100% manic hilarity so I'm hoping she sticks around for the future. If she eventually decides to give Togami a good scissoring then that'd be fine too, since the git deserves it for the stunt he pulled and for messing about with Chihiro post-mortem.

I'd find Owada easier to forgive if he'd, uh, killed someone I didn't like. The final flashback / exchange between him and Chihiro got to me a bit, not least for the courage the latter showed. Owada's execution wasn't as enjoyable... er, satisfying... er... something as the first culprit's either.

pariah164

Chapter 2 spoilers:

Well shit. Chihiro being a guy is largely immaterial, because cuteness is justice. Being dead, on the other hand, is more of a problem.

Credit due to Kirigiri for this one, since the possibility of Chihiro being male genuinely never occurred to me until I ran out of alternatives during the trial. And I'm usually semi-alert to crossdressing since it comes up with surprising frequency in the (many) manga I read, so I'm amazed I overlooked it initially.

My opinion of Toko increased tenfold with the revelation about her 'other half'. Genocide Jill is made of 100% manic hilarity so I'm hoping she sticks around for the future. If she eventually decides to give Togami a good scissoring then that'd be fine too, since the git deserves it for the stunt he pulled and for messing about with Chihiro post-mortem.

I'd find Owada easier to forgive if he'd, uh, killed someone I didn't like. The final flashback / exchange between him and Chihiro got to me a bit, not least for the courage the latter showed. Owada's execution wasn't as enjoyable... er, satisfying... er... something as the first culprit's either.
But delicious pancakes! I felt bad for absolutely fucking everyone in that chapter except for Togami. Togami's a dick.

Chapter 1. Just starting off, a couple days in. Nothing major happening so far, but
Sayaka... she's either going to be a) dead within a half hour, b) revealed to be ultimately in on this whole thing somehow, c) both a and b, or, hopefully, d) intentionally made to look like a b and c, playing off convention from other Japanese games.

Like Zero Escape and others, I love to go online and talk out things like this as I play, even though I know it'd be dangerous to read replies, lol. Wish I had friends who owned Vitas so I could convince them to play as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really digging Chapter 4's trial so far. Though damn it,
please don't let it be Aoi. I don't know who else it'd be considering the other statements
. That's kind of the drawback of
less people in a trial, because then it narrows down who you think did it.

Noi

That said, they could have warned I was supposed to make the comic right from left like a manga. Took me a while to notice it and then I haaaaaaad to sloooooowly scrooooooll baaaaaaaaaaack to theeeeee begginiiiiiiiiiiing.

Or you could have hit right on the dpad to skip multiple pages instead of scrolling. :V

Volcynika

I'm knee deep in the final trial but stuck at an endless debate part. Need to think about it, hmm..

Super spoilerrrrrrrrrrrrs details below
Monokuma asking about who was killed twice. My truth bullets loaded don't seem like they'll contradict anything, but still thinking.

Just reached the end of Chapter 1. This game is living up to the hype!
Ya... I'm just kind of getting a hang of the Trial mechanics (never played any Ace Attorney) but the social aspects seem a lot like a simplification of the P3/P4 mechanics so I'm comfortable with that... I really like the game so far! Glad I decided to delay my Bravely Default playthrough to take a run at this first (well, that and I needed a break from more "traditional" JRPGs after finishing SMTIV just last weekend anyway)... I do wish the comic icons were a little bigger; it's hard to make them out with these old eyes...

I will say that I was disappointed that despite having me run around to collect so much evidence they still withheld a key piece - the note - until the trial proper. I would have preferred if my character had discovered that himself as well, though it did make a nice twist.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chapter 4 trial:

Nooooooooo.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*Kyoko says she doesn't believe Aoi* Hmmm, maybe it's Byakuya?
Phheeewwww.

Edit: Oh my god, yeeeessss
Byakuya is starting to crack, it was totally him!

Puru

Somebody here is going to probably
regret what he thought about Sakura because of her look, and discover the trolling level of Monokuma has no ends.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DAMN, CHAPTER 4. You seriously caught me off guard.
I started to think Byakuya switched it himself somehow, but suicide?! Can't wait to see what Monokuma thinks since he can't really "execute" a dead person......or can he?
Welp, time to hopefully wrap things up before I leave.

Ch 2 Investigation spoilers

Fuck, I thought I was done with the worst of Makoto's stupidity after the "11037" thing but I totally forgot about "WHAT IS THIS MYSTERIOUS ROPE WITH A PLUG". Groan.

Top Bottom