• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Squire

Banned
You should post a sampling of your theories for posterity's sake.

Alright. I feel like mentioning who is alive and when spoils the game for people earlier in than you. i.e. "If X is alive for Chapter 4, they must not be murdered or convicted in any chapter prior." So I'll spoiler tag all of this.

I feel like there's zero chance it's Hiro. The game is playing him up as prime suspect, so it's basically guaranteed. I think Celeste is a good possibility as the culprit here seems to be very calculated. I have a theory Toko/GJ might the spy, if nothing else. That's pretty much where I'm at, mentally. I don't think it's Kirigiri. I think of she's going to let Makoto down like that, it's not going to happen until the last possible opportunity, but in general, I believe her when she says she won't kill anyone."

Sorian

Banned
Alright. I feel like mentioning who is alive and when spoils the game for people earlier in than you. i.e. "If X is alive for Chapter 4, they must not be murdered or convicted in any chapter prior." So I'll spoiler tag all of this.

I feel like there's zero chance it's Hiro. The game is playing him up as prime suspect, so it's basically guaranteed. I think Celeste is a good possibility as the culprit here seems to be very calculated. I have a theory Toko/GJ might the spy, if nothing else. That's pretty much where I'm at, mentally. I don't think it's Kirigiri. I think of she's going to let Makoto down like that, it's not going to happen until the last possible opportunity, but in general, I believe her when she says she won't kill anyone."

Imogen_eating_popcorn...gif

dan2026

The only thing really annoying in this game is the use of dubtitles for the Japanese audio, when the English script seems to not match particularly well at lot of the time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So now that I'm on Chapter 5, I might as well ask about something that I heard about that happens in this chapter.

From what I understand, there's a bad ending you can get. Any word on how this happens? I just got to the part where I'm about to break into the Headmaster's Room.

GSR

So now that I'm on Chapter 5, I might as well ask about something that I heard about that happens in this chapter.

From what I understand, there's a bad ending you can get. Any word on how this happens? I just got to the part where I'm about to break into the Headmaster's Room.

You'll be asked to make a choice at a certain point in the trial. Picking one option gives you the bad ending, picking the other continues as normal. You get kicked back to the choice after the bad end anyway though.

Sorian

Banned

Chapter 5 spoiler:
It'll be during the trial and it is VERY obvious that your choice has huge story ramifications, do what feels right to you

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aaah, good, so it's not something hard to discover.

Also WUUUUTTTT first part of Chapter 5 ends with
a dead body that freakin' explodes with no idea who it is?! PLEASE don't let it be Kyoko!

Sorian

Banned
Aaah, good, so it's not something hard to discover.

Also WUUUUTTTT first part of Chapter 5 ends with
a dead body that freakin' explodes with no idea who it is?! PLEASE don't let it be Kyoko!

There aren't enough popcorn.gifs in the world for this thread.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OOOOOOH my god Chapter 5 is gonna be insane, isn't it?
Monokuma suddenly pops out of nowhere more strangely than usual & it was a TV show all along?!

WOAH,
new rockin' music
for investigating!!...which, actually, now that I think about it,
couldn't they use the database room they're in to see if there's footage of the murder happening? Though I guess there wasn't anything recorded, was there?

Being at 200 coins in chapter 3, is it easy to get 999 if you have not been pixel hunting?

Also do you have to new game plus to fill in deceased character bios or replay old chapters via save game load?

Sorian

Banned
Being at 200 coins in chapter 3, is it easy to get 999 if you have not been pixel hunting?

Also do you have to new game plus to fill in deceased character bios or replay old chapters via save game load?

There is a mode after the game is beaten that will solve both of your problems.

Trigger

You won't get 999 in one playthrough even if you somehow did a perfect run of every trial. Use the chapter select option and replay trials for that, and school mode to fill out deceased students' reports cards.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ch. 5 trial time. I must say, the game is doing a good job ridding my fear that
with only 5 other people, the game would get easy to figure out who did it.
Now I just the hope the same applies for the remaining chapters.

Also OMG
Kyoko's back she's not dead woooooooooo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG I CAN HOLD CIRCLE DOWN TO SPEED THE ARGUMENT UP.

Why did I not know this earlier!? Damn, I must have glanced over another feature...Oh duh, if I can skip through conversations by holding down Circle, I guess the same applies for arguments.

I guess Hiro's channeling his mentality to me.

Syrinx

Just finished Chapter 1, and I'm digging this game so far.
Only complaints about that last segment were that it seems pretty contrived that clairvoyant dude would accidentally leave a crystal ball of all things in the laundry room. Also if they were gonna have supermodel girl killed like that, I don't really see the point of having her there in the first place. I guess it was to show that the bear means business and is completely psychotic (if the latter weren't already obvious enough).

One question I do have going forward is,
what happens when there's three or fewer people? Logically that wouldn't work if somebody were to get murdered then because then there'd be two people left and they'd both vote for each other, resulting in a tie (which is in and of itself its own question, I guess) .But I probably won't find that out until toward the end.

FluxWaveZ

Only complaints about that last segment were that it seems pretty contrived that clairvoyant dude would accidentally leave a crystal ball of all things in the laundry room. Also if they were gonna have supermodel girl killed like that, I don't really see the point of having her there in the first place. I guess it was to show that the bear means business and is completely psychotic (if the latter weren't already obvious enough).

what happens when there's three or fewer people? Logically that wouldn't work if somebody were to get murdered then because then there'd be two people left and they'd both vote for each other, resulting in a tie (which is in and of itself its own question, I guess) .But I probably won't find that out until toward the end.

You probably don't want answers to questions like you're asking in the second paragraph unless you want to be spoiled. Best to just play the game.

Also, for the first one,
the goal of her death was obviously for the latter, but it's not as though one's death necessarily needs to have a deeper meaning in this game. In this case, she broke the rules, so she died.

LX_Theo

Banned

Well, one big point of having
her die
is to teach the first big rule of Danganronpa.
Anyone can die. Anytime. Anyplace.

As for your question... I'd say that any way of answering that would be a bit spoilery. The answer would relate to either
how they would handle it or it never happening in the game. Or, given the game, something else entirely...
(spoiler is only to hide what your spoilered question was). At that point in the game, it really could go either way, no? No need to spoil yourself on that.

PKrockin

OMG I CAN HOLD CIRCLE DOWN TO SPEED THE ARGUMENT UP.

Why did I not know this earlier!? Damn, I must have glanced over another feature...Oh duh, if I can skip through conversations by holding down Circle, I guess the same applies for arguments.

I guess Hiro's channeling his mentality to me.
Yeah, the game does tell you this at some point.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So guys...I wonder... if I want to, I can get Danganronpa digitally now since I have about 60 bucks but considering that they have announced the localization of the 2nd one and the distance is not so far away.... would you guys think the probability of the 1st one getting a discount when the 2nd one is out is pretty good?

LX_Theo

Banned
So guys...I wonder... if I want to, I can get Danganronpa digitally now since I have about 60 bucks but considering that they have announced the localization of the 2nd one and the distance is not so far away.... would you guys think the probability of the 1st one getting a discount when the 2nd one is out is pretty good?

A discount? Yes. One that is worth the wait? I'd say no.

Waiting means you run the risk of getting spoiled.

Waiting for discounts is for "AAA" junk that gets crammed down our throats. Show this niche game some full priced lovin'.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, I'm stumped on a section in Chapter 5's trial.

I've got 3 bullets for "Exploded Body Analysis", "Fragments Near the Dead Body", & Disguised Dead Body" with "gave to Makoto" & "getting stabbed" as options. I could have sworn I've tried all available options and I'm out of ideas. "getting stabbed" seems like the right choice, but nothing works.

789shadow

Banned

I've got 3 bullets for "Exploded Body Analysis", "Fragments Near the Dead Body", & Disguised Dead Body" with "gave to Makoto" & "getting stabbed" as options. I could have sworn I've tried all available options and I'm out of ideas. "getting stabbed" seems like the right choice, but nothing works.
Try using your ability to make one of the options into a bullet?

Baliis

I've got 3 bullets for "Exploded Body Analysis", "Fragments Near the Dead Body", & Disguised Dead Body" with "gave to Makoto" & "getting stabbed" as options. I could have sworn I've tried all available options and I'm out of ideas. "getting stabbed" obviously seems like the right choice, but nothing works.

I remember having trouble with that one also, I think it wants you to do
Disguised Dead Body to "getting stabbed"

If it's the one I'm thinking of anyways.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember having trouble with that one also, I think it wants you to do
Disguised Dead Body to "getting stabbed"

If it's the one I'm thinking of anyways.
Wow, you're right. I could have sworn I used that first, because obviously the knife would have gone in AFTER the person died to complete the disguise.
Strange, but thank you for the help.

LX_Theo

Banned

If I remember correctly, that nonstop debate
is meant to prove that the knife didn't kill the person, right? I don't remember all the details of that one or the details of the evidence, but maybe that'll help.

EDIT: And way late, lol.

Zephyx

The only thing really annoying in this game is the use of dubtitles for the Japanese audio, when the English script seems to not match particularly well at lot of the time.

Nowadays, I consider myself lucky we even get Japanese audio with our localizations. Based NIS is always on the spot with that. Aside from the fact they localized it to be playable in English, the game relies on heavy reading of texts to progress. Having Japanese audio without dubs will not be so different as playing the JP version of the game. I don't get why you're complaining at all.

Squire

Banned
Waiting means you run the risk of getting spoiled.

Waiting for discounts is for "AAA" junk that gets crammed down our throats. Show this niche game some full priced lovin'.

Hey, stop that. That's not fair to devs who work hard and honestly.

Waiting is for games you're less interested to play. Give "full priced lovin'" to games you really want to play and studios you want to support. AAA, niche, or otherwise.

Hey, stop that. That's not fair to devs who work hard and honestly.

Waiting is for games you're less interested to play. Give "full priced lovin'" to games you really want to play and studios you want to support. AAA, niche, or otherwise.
If it's a good game, then it's not junk. The comment is directed towards overpriced, flash-in-the-pan type stuff that is all "style" (read: expensive graphics and/or overexposed tripe), and little/no substance.

I gladly pay full price for games if I feel they are worth it, regardless of publisher. The niche aspect is because companies like NISA need to know that the faith they are showing in these lesser known IPs/genres is not unfounded.

Volcynika

I think it may be cheaper by then, but like said above, you'll just have to avoid spoilers for 6 or so months, which is easy for some and a nightmare for others.

Squire

Banned
If it's a good game, then it's not junk. The comment is directed towards overpriced, flash-in-the-pan type stuff that is all "style" (read: expensive graphics and/or overexposed tripe), and little/no substance.

I gladly pay full price for games if I feel they are worth it, regardless of publisher. The niche aspect is because companies like NISA need to know that the faith they are showing in these lesser known IPs/genres is not unfounded.

Fair enough.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, Chapter 5 finished.

HOLY CRAP, I seriously thought I originally got the bad ending at first, I was freaked out that Makoto actually did it & was gonna get that execution. Seriously, I think that one freaked me out the most, especially considering he was facing backwards, unable to see how close he was to the machine. Though WTF ALTER EGO'S BACK AND MAKOTO ACTUALLY DID IT?!

robotrock

Banned
I really enjoyed this game and am sad that it's over. Any recommendations on similar games I'll probably enjoy if I loved this? People tell me to play 999 and VLR so I'll probably do that soon, but is there anything else?

Top Bottom