• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

FluxWaveZ

Also,
Kyoko being the Ultimate Detective is sort of the least surprising twist of all time, haha.

I'd actually give the prize to that (Chapter 1 spoilers)
11037 twist
, but the one you're talking about for chapter 5 was pretty evident as well. Also thought that (SPOILERS)
why she was covering her hands all the time would turn out be a bigger deal than it was.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My LE still hasn't arrived... is anyone in the same boat as me? I know there's been some inclement weather, but I'm beginning to suspect that my package was lost.

Moonlight

Banned
11037 twist
, but the one you're talking about for chapter 5 was pretty evident as well. Also thought that (SPOILERS)
why she was covering her hands all the time would turn out be a bigger deal than it was.
I felt pretty dumb after that particular reveal during Chapter 1 because somehow I never realized. My observation skills need some work, haha.

Chapter 5 spoilers:
Everyone's... splitting up? Wuh-oh.

I felt pretty dumb after that particular reveal during Chapter 1 because somehow I never realized. My observation skills need some work, haha.

Chapter 5 spoilers:
Everyone's... splitting up? Wuh-oh.

Me neither. It was too obvious for me to catch on I guess :lol. I did know the killer from the other obvious hints tho.

LiK

My LE still hasn't arrived... is anyone in the same boat as me? I know there's been some inclement weather, but I'm beginning to suspect that my package was lost.

it should be 2-day priority with tracking with free shipping from NISA shop. so you should totally check with the post office. it might just sitting there.

Trigger

11037 twist

(Chapter 1 spoilers)
It always bothered me how quickly people were to jump at Makoto as the suspect when Sayaka clearly wrote Leon. I kept thinking, "So you guys want to talk about that dying message first?"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
it should be 2-day priority with tracking with free shipping from NISA shop. so you should totally check with the post office. it might just sitting there.

Yeah, it is 2-Day, though with the snowstorms we've been getting, I expected delays. The tracking just says it's in TX, though. Very frustrating.

What sucks is that if there's a lost package, there aren't replacements because it's sold out. :(

Done with chapter 3, really loving the game so far. I kind of expect mind blowing revelations from the second half of the game.

The only overall design choice I have mixed feelings about is the way the cases are built compared to the AA series: Danganronpa seems to rely less on deus ex machinas to move the court part forward, so basically you can have figured most of the stuff by the time the trial begins. It can be more satisfying than the Turnabout style but leaves less room for surprises.
What was going on during chapter 3, and who the real killer was, was fairly obvious by the second scream TBH.
To be fair, what I wrote applies to chapters 1 and 3. Chapter 2 had a number of trial surprises and the first real glimpse of the culprit was a slip up during the trial

11037 twist

I mean I could write off the 11037 message as these kids are originally Japanese so trying to spell out an English name with numbers would probably be foreign to them.

I mean there are plenty of other things in the first case that's pretty stupid for them.

Oh yeah, my LE got stuck in Texas for pretty much a week.

Finally, USPS is telling me I should get it tomorrow and not Wednesday, February 12th.

I mean at that point I already caved, got the digital version and will probably get through most of Chapter 3 before it arrives.

I can only hope it's undamaged at this point.

FluxWaveZ

I mean I could write off the 11037 message as these kids are originally Japanese so trying to spell out an English name with numbers would probably be foreign to them.

I mean there are plenty of other things in the first case that's pretty stupid for them.

But that's the thing,
I NEVER saw the message as numbers until someone first mentioned "11037", which made me think "What the hell are you talking about?" I don't know if it's because of my Ace Attorney experience, but the very first thing I did was look at the message upside down when I saw it and if anyone else had done that in-game, they would have known.

It was kinda frustrating, heh.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Finally, USPS is telling me I should get it tomorrow and not Wednesday, February 12th.

I mean at that point I already caved, got the digital version and will probably get through most of Chapter 3 before it arrives.

Yeah, considering I was already spoiled on a major plot point, I bought another physical copy of the game as soon as I didn't get any tracking updates before the weekend. I wasn't going to risk it.

Just finished it. And then tried School Mode and it's kind of weird and I'm not sure if I want to play it or not. Maybe later.

I was waiting until I beat it to say this so it wouldn't give any hints on the matter but Feep you did an amazing job on this game. I was so torn between wanting to hear your lines and wanting you to shut up. :p

I looked up the character list for the second one
(spoilers on Danganronpa 2)
So, Byakuya gets fat and comes back, Makoto comes back, Kyouko comes back, what happened to Hiro, Hina and Toko? No one knows?

Rhapsody

Banned
I remember my friend looking up even a PVC for Danganronpa that had a spoiler. Luckily he didn't think much of it at the time.
I'm pretty happy I never got spoiled for DR1. I just hope I can do the same for Zero and 2.

I remember my friend looking up even a PVC for Danganronpa that had a spoiler. Luckily he didn't think much of it at the time.
I'm pretty happy I never got spoiled for DR1. I just hope I can do the same for Zero and 2.

Zero shouldn't be too hard since it's pretty limited to just the translation of the light novel which isn't completed yet.

Two might be harder since you can totally tell they are gearing up for a merchandising blitz for it with more character figures and goods coming out this year. And more attention onto it and more people spoiling everything they can on it.

I'm just glad that the only thing I've gotten spoilered on is Danganronpa Zero, which I didn't care about that much. I was an idiot for reading the wikia of a certain character.

FluxWaveZ

I'm really happy about this too. Actually, I think it was shortly after case 1 or 2, I totally thought I spoiled something big for myself when (SPOILERS)
I thought I glanced at an image in Google of Yasuhiro lying against a wall, with a knife sticking out of him, covered in blood. So I was on guard the whole game and... it didn't happen, heh.

I'll be real cautious when it comes to potential spoilers, moreso than I was before.

I don't give two damns about spoilers; I spoil games for myself all the time. Makes me appreciate em more.

I don't go whole hog though, just general plot bits so I can understand it better. I did it for DR1 and I did it for SDR2 already

I can totally understand why people would be against it though...especially with something like this

Clov

I looked up the character list for the second one
(spoilers on Danganronpa 2)
So, Byakuya gets fat and comes back, Makoto comes back, Kyouko comes back, what happened to Hiro, Hina and Toko? No one knows?

Do you really want the answers to those questions? I can tell you if you like.

Rhapsody

Banned
It was so difficult for me to not have the urge to look more up about a certain vague event introduced in DR1 lol
Didn't want to take any chances on how much it would spoil Zero and 2.

And luckily DR2 is set for Fall. I think I can avoid spoilers til then.

I'm really happy about this too. Actually, I think it was shortly after case 1 or 2, I totally thought I spoiled something big for myself when (SPOILERS)
I thought I glanced at an image in Google of Yasuhiro lying against a wall, with a knife sticking out of him, covered in blood. So I was on guard the whole game and... it didn't happen, heh.

I'll be real cautious when it comes to potential spoilers, moreso than I was before.

Sigh, if only.

Alfredo

Just finished Chapter 4. Easily my favorite case so far. Sakura is even MORE cool after that one. She's far and away my favorite character.

Do you really want the answers to those questions? I can tell you if you like.

If you tell me you find out the answers in Danganronpa 2 that will be enough for me. I just wanted reassurance that was the case really.

Also, when you finish the game everyone make sure you youtube Danganronpa Abridged Thing. This is hilarious.

Definitely odd, I'm in the UK and they only shipped my copy last Thursday - yet it already arrived this morning. You really should have got yours by now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Still waiting on mine too, but that's because of the holiday in Canada.

Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Definitely odd, I'm in the UK and they only shipped my copy last Thursday - yet it already arrived this morning. You really should have got yours by now.

Mine's still in TX with a delivery date of February 12th.

If the tracking doesn't at least update tomorrow, I'm going to have to contact the NISA store.

Feep

Banned
I was waiting until I beat it to say this so it wouldn't give any hints on the matter but Feep you did an amazing job on this game. I was so torn between wanting to hear your lines and wanting you to shut up. :p]

Seconded. You really did a great job!
Awww, thanks. <3 It's nice to hear good feedback.

I just beat the second trial, and yeah, I was a massive asshole in that one. I wish I could have voiced the post-trial stuff; he had some really cool lines in there.

Onto Chapter 3!

Squire

Banned
Did the investigation phase of Ch. 4 about thirty minutes ago. Speediest investigation yet, I think.
I can't imagine anyone but Aoi being the culprit with Sakura's assistance.

Also, I just realized this game and DR2 will be head to head this year come GOTY season.

Awww, thanks. <3 It's nice to hear good feedback.

I just beat the second trial, and yeah, I was a massive asshole in that one. I wish I could have voiced the post-trial stuff; he had some really cool lines in there.

Onto Chapter 3!

We appreciate how good you are as sounding as a prick~

Who is the guy that plays rock lee in the naruto english dub? They should have gotten him for Ishimaru.

Brian Donovan voices Rock Lee. But after hearing Ishimaru, I wouldn't want any one else to voice him besides Sean Chiplock right now.

LProtag

Just beat Chapter 3. Seems like things are starting to heat up... kinda expecting some good revelations. Probably not as crazy as ZE games though.

FluxWaveZ

Just beat Chapter 3. Seems like things are starting to heat up... kinda expecting some good revelations. Probably not as crazy as ZE games though.

Not too sure I'd want them to be, either. Time travel, for example, lends natural craziness to a game's story and, in that sense, DR has the potential to be more grounded.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I uhhh
chose the correct response. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!
I seriously thought I chose the wrong response & got the bad ending at first until WTF ALTER EGO'S ALIVE?! I'M ALIVE!? WHAT IS GOING ON!!

Chapter 6's trial now. This is gonna get insane....

Uhhhh, did the game either glitch on me or did my rear touchpad just stop working for some reason? Nevermind, just turned off & on my Vita and it works now.

Top Bottom