• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Voror

Just started the investigation for Chapter 3 and it's been pretty wild so far. Curious to see what twists this one has, though I feel like I already found a contradiction before it even began.

Kind of reminds me that I need to play VLR at some point as I have it on a memory card from when it was free on Plus.

Well I'm not going to sell my Vita now with this and the sequel coming.

I'm only on chapter 2 and I'm really liking it. I used to love the movies Clue and Murder By Death so games like this are made for me. Still not sure how I'll like it in the end and I don't think I'll like it as much as 999, but I may like it just a little less than VLR.

mild spoiler
I'm in the store using one coin at a time trying to get all the different presents. If I get a repeat item I just reload my game and try again.

Caladrius

These reactions alone are worth beating the game as fast as I did. Oh man. It's the VLR thread all over again~

The sheer hilarity of it convinced me to go through the LP for 2.

mild spoiler
I'm in the store using one coin at a time trying to get all the different presents. If I get a repeat item I just reload my game and try again.

Don't bother saving and reloading for that, the game throws money at you later.

Oh man, the ch 5 investigation music! Gonna solve the hell out of this mf'er.

Edit: Rocking the shit out of searching this body for clues, so pumped. Imagining Makoto just walking around headbanging looking at stuff.

sub_o

Uhhh, I just caved in and bought the game after reading thru this thread.

And this thread is like 80% spoiler blocks !

Musolf815

I'm at chapter 2 and loving this game! After a bunch of recommendations online I decided to get it and I am not disappointed (and after I saw this thread title I can't stop calling Monokuma "Dis Bear").

Is the anime worth checking out? After I beat the game of course.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm at chapter 2 and loving this game! After a bunch of recommendations online I decided to get it and I am not disappointed (and after I saw this thread title I can't stop calling Monokuma "Dis Bear").

Is the anime worth checking out? After I beat the game of course.

Haven't watched it myself, but I haven't heard positive recommendations for it yet. Just negative impressions.

I just finished Chapter 2. This game is weird. I can't believe how tense the trials are.

They freak me out, to be honest. I keep playing this game at night, like a fool.

Serious chapter 3 spoilers, but would like to take a moment to appreciate one of my favourite performances in the game in that regard.

YUSSSSSSS
SO GOOD

CHAPTER 5 SPOILERS (I'm halfway through, I think)

What the hell is going on?!
WHY IS A LUCHADORA ATTACKING ME
How is Toko not dead?!

That buttrock music caught me off guard...but I like it!
I'M ON TEEVEE
Kyoko has a skeleton key? Wait...doesn't that mean she could get into her room, making that whole give me your room key thing either a red herring...or that's how she got into my room FFFFFFASFFJKLCCASDC WHAT IS GOING ON

These reactions alone are worth beating the game as fast as I did. Oh man. It's the VLR thread all over again~

You enjoy our despair, don't you?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, finished the game & unlocked School Mode, which I'll try out later this week.

Now I can enter the spoiler thread!...though considering how late it is, I'll probably start checking it out tomorrow. Not to mention I can start from the beginning & re-read all the spoiler posts in this thread.

Noi

I kept messing up and missing the chance to pick up the hope bullet a bunch of times. Leading to damage out the wazoo, lol.
I was nervous as hell cause I only had one heart left for that bit. I missed the first hope cause I didn't know to do and tensed up every single time I had to do flashback > fire cause I was screwed if I missed even once or failed to pick up the bullet.

Moonlight

Banned
CHAPTER 6 SPOILERS

DAT OPENING REPRISE OH JEEZ

Am I the only one who thinks that robotic 'Dangan Ronpa' voice-clip is hype as hell?

I like DR more, but YMMV obviously.

If you haven't played 999, then do not get VLR under any circumstances.

The thing is I don't plan to ever play 999. I don't like playing games on DS or 3DS, so does that just mean never play VLR even though it's still supposedly an amazing game? What if I just read a page with full plot spoilers for 999, then play VLR?

AniHawk

The thing is I don't plan to ever play 999. I don't like playing games on DS or 3DS, so does that just mean never play VLR even though it's still supposedly an amazing game? What if I just read a page with full plot spoilers for 999, then play VLR?

999 is kinda/sorta dependent on you actually playing it to fully appreciate the story. vlr is also the lesser experience of the two.

pariah164

Not playing 999 is a massive disservice if you ever want to touch VLR. You can look it up, but the experience just won't be the same .

If you don't mind my asking, why don't you like playing DS games?

Steel

Banned

VLR is still good without 999. I played VLR first 999 second. They're both self-contained even with their connections.

Edit:
Overall, it should come down to this: Do you like puzzles or do you like Ace Attorney-like trials? You really should just get both, though.

AniHawk

VLR is still good without 999. I played VLR first 999 second. They're both self-contained even with their connections.

vlr is probably the least self-contained, obviously a middle-game-of-a-series game i've ever played, where as 999 is wholely its own thing. 999 is the matrix and vlr is the matrix reloaded.

you can get a ds lite and 999 for around 60 bucks these days. i highly encourage anyone who wants to play vlr to actually give 999 the attention it deserves before jumping in. it makes vlr better.

Feep

Banned
vlr is the matrix reloaded.
You shut your dirty mouth!

Incredibly irrelevant: there's a slight glitch with the packed font atlus for this game. Every lowercase i has about three nearly-invisible-but-still-totally-visible errant pixels beneath and slightly to the right.

Drives me insane. Trying to ignore. Can't. Agh.

Moonlight

Banned
yoga5.gif

Finished the game. Extended thoughts coming... uh, I dunno. As soon as I can sort myself out.

All that I can say for sure is: this game was amazing.

you could have someone make trophies for you? like document what happens and they can give you a trophy for what you did. just a thought.

lol. That's certainly an interesting thought that never crossed by mind before, but no, it has to be a trophy attached to my PSN account.

Top Bottom