• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Kusagari

Oh my God. I'm near the end of the class trial in chapter 6 but I had to come post about what just happened.

Them calling out to Genocide Jill to see if she still has her memory and then she asks who the hell the mastermind is and they just go "Ohh...uhhh..I'm the mastermind." And Genocide Jill's just like "Oh! Nice to meet you!"

I almost died laughing.

FluxWaveZ

Oh my God. I'm near the end of the class trial in chapter 6 but I had to come post about what just happened.

Them calling out to Genocide Jill to see if she still has her memory and then she asks who the hell the mastermind is and they just go "Ohh...uhhh..I'm the mastermind." And Genocide Jill's just like "Oh! Nice to meet you!"

I almost died laughing.

Yes, that was a great little moment.

Of course both of the nutcases would get along.

Flandy

popcorn.gif

I seriously thought I chose the wrong response & got the bad ending at first until WTF ALTER EGO'S ALIVE?! I'M ALIVE!? WHAT IS GOING ON!!

Chapter 6's trial now. This is gonna get insane....

Uhhhh, did the game either glitch on me or did my rear touchpad just stop working for some reason?

Just finished Chapter 5 and I'm about to start Chapter 6.
Hold me gaf

I didn't read the spoiler for the second person I quoted btw. I'm not sure if you're talking to me or about chapter 6. :p

pariah164

(chapter 6 spoilers)

Okay so

wait

what

Junko's corpse!?
jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Sorian

Banned
Wasn't that obvious in Chapter 5 tho? Maybe it's just me.

5/6 spoilers:
Wasn't obvious to me, I didn't think it was either of the options that the game was offering me but I didn't have a clue until the beginning of the chapter 6 investigation and I was talking to Byakuya

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just finished Chapter 5 and I'm about to start Chapter 6.
Hold me gaf

I didn't read the spoiler for the second person I quoted btw. I'm not sure if you're talking to me or about chapter 6. :p
I was responding to your Chapter 5 reaction. Now I need to hurry up with Chapter 6's trial so I can join in with the rest of the posts talking about this chapter.

Noi

Wasn't that obvious in Chapter 5 tho? Maybe it's just me.

It's easy to completely forget (Chapter 6 Spoiler)
that Junko had red nails, or her boots since you hardly see the character's feet anyway. I know I didn't make the connection until I put the Victim's wounds and Junko's wounds together.

FluxWaveZ

It's easy to completely forget (Chapter 6 Spoiler)
that Junko had red nails

This is what
I can't believe I hadn't noticed the first time I saw them. I'm usually good at noticing those kinds of hints, but the possibility that they were Junko's totally escaped my mind for some reason.

Sorian

Banned
This is what
I can't believe I hadn't noticed the first time I saw them. I'm usually good at noticing those kinds of hints, but the possibility that they were Junko's totally escaped my mind for some reason.

Same here, I was kicking myself once I made the connection way later.

Trigger

5/6 spoilers:
Wasn't obvious to me, I didn't think it was either of the options that the game was offering me but I didn't have a clue until the beginning of the chapter 6 investigation and I was talking to Byakuya

(Chapter 5/6 Spoilers)
I thought the fingernails and boots on the corpse were pretty distinctive. So I figured Junko would come up in the chapter 5 trial (especially after talk that the corpse had been tampered with). I was surprised when it didn't.

Noi

(Chapter 5/6 Spoilers)
I thought the fingernails and boots on the corpse were pretty distinctive. So I figured Junko would come up in the chapter 5 trial (especially after talk that the corpse had been tampered with). I was surprised when it didn't.

image.php

It's like the 999/VLR threads all over again. So fun.

Maybe Danganronpa will also get like 20 LTTP threads. Though it being on the Vita might hurt its chances for that.

Noi

This is what

I'd argue that's part of why (Chapter 6 Spoiler)
having her killed off so quickly was pretty effective. You barely get any time to remember the little details on her sprite/character model before she's "removed" from the picture.

Also, I swear there was a clear moment where you could see the body's hair for just a bit but still couldn't put it together cause I was only thinking of the surviving members. Either that or I'm confusing hair with fire.

Syrinx

Finished Chapter 2.

Man this game loves to take sharp turns, doesn't it?

Anyway, now there's ten remaining, and one of them has multiple personalities where one of them is a psychotic serial killer. And another has announced he has every intention of going blackened (he's kinda at a disadvantage though, since now everybody will automatically be suspicious of him whenever the next body turns up, especially if it's Makoto which it won't be, though). Things are getting bizarre and twisted. Also there was a conversation which mentioned a "sixteenth student" between the bear and someone else.

I'm becoming curious as to whether the mastermind actually put this group together because of their "ultimate" attributes. Obviously it plays a part in the executions, but I'm starting to think that in terms of the game itself, that's not actually important. Mainly because of Makoto, who's only there because of "luck" and Kyoko, who's "ultimate" has never been stated. And I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the two of them that have operated as the drivers for solving both cases so far.

AniHawk

I guess that's true. Relative to its install base, Vita may not be the software blackhole that the PSP was.

On the other hand, Danganronpa has been out of the top 100 on Amazon for a while :(

the fact that it made it into the top 100 was pretty impressive though. on the vita-only side, right now it's only behind a $20 p4g and final fantasy x/x-2.

Moonlight

Banned
Chapter 6

I AM FREAKING OUT SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Junko was behind it all along. Holy shit. Like, holy shit. Mukuro was the Junko I thought I knew and MY MIND IS MELTING RIGHT NOW.

NOW SHE'S REVEALED HERSELF and for some reason she's putting on her best queen of England impression?!

AND THIS RIDE NEVER ENDS

Sorian

Banned
Chapter 6

I AM FREAKING OUT SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Junko was behind it all along. Holy shit. Like, holy shit. Mukuro was the Junko I thought I knew and MY MIND IS MELTING RIGHT NOW.

NOW SHE'S REVEALED HERSELF and for some reason she's putting on her best queen of England impression?!

AND THIS RIDE NEVER ENDS

[upupupupu ~~ ♪ intensifies]

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chapter 6 trial seems to be almost done.

DA FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: OMG WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

FluxWaveZ

Nope. Why do you dislike the dub so much? I thought it was really amazingly well done.

Eh, I'd say the dub had a few weak spots. Mainly, I didn't like Makoto and Sakura was weird to listen to, at times.

I did like it for the most part, though. (SPOILERS)
There are times when some characters lose their composure when the voice acting is simply great.

pariah164

Eh, I'd say the dub had a few weak spots. Mainly, I didn't like Makoto and Sakura was weird to listen to, at times.

I did like it for the most part, though. (SPOILERS)
There are times when some characters lose their composure when the voice acting is simply great.
Fair enough, but
the voice acting of the Mastermind was BRILLIANT.

These reactions. All these reactions. SDR2 needs to come out faster just so I can see the reactions

Some School Mode thoughts. There isn't much to spoil since I also haven't seen the endings myself yet. It's mostly on how I think it works I guess.

I couldn't get any of the endings on my first playthrough, since you need to complete the objectives for "trip tickets" so you can actually boost your relationship rating with specific characters. The second time around though I demolished all the objectives within 2-3 days except for one of them where I fucked up. I believe in order to get the "true ending" you need to complete all the free time events, get the "secret item" from the MonoMono Machine, and complete all the School Mode objectives. So far I only maxed Kirigiri's (cause waifu) and it seems that it's like in SDR2 Island Mode where you get to see their ending at the end of "School Mode"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh lord, Chapter 6's trial just keeps on giving.
All these shifts in tones & personalities.
I think this has to be the best final part to a chapter in the game.

carslaugh_zpsfba7e9b2.gif

Mid chapter 5. Theories keep sprouting up in my head.
Clones? Mastermind - 16th student (edit: someone in-game just suggested this so that's a no lol), headmaster... Kyoto? You? Either way, thinking the school is some sort of "preparation" for the probably-not-doing-too-hot outside world? How many years passed before you first woke up? How many years since you woke up?
aaaah

It's been a long while since I spent this much time playing a game in such a short period of time. Probably the most since the first time played 999, actually.

Top Bottom