• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Flandy

What does the Mean Difficulty even do when you're searching for Evidence? I selected Mean for both difficultys and the game was still generally easy.

Steel

Banned
What does the Mean Difficulty even do when you're searching for Evidence? I selected Mean for both difficultys and the game was still generally easy.

It makes the trials a bit harder. In the nonstop debates, it changes what text is highlighted so it's a bit harder to tell which bit of highlighted text is a contradiction, and adds a lot of noise.

Go for it man, it'll give you tons of s.link points

image.php

Someone help me on chapter 6
I already checked all the areas mentioned in the truth bullet that I should check, and found the headmasters room and the emergency ehandbook. But where to now? What triggers the next event?

Someone help me on chapter 6
I already checked all the areas mentioned in the truth bullet that I should check, and found the headmasters room and the emergency ehandbook. But where to now? What triggers the next event?
Did you check all lockers? You need to find two handbooks. After you check everything, Monokuma will invite you to gym.

Flandy

It makes the trials a bit harder. In the nonstop debates, it changes what text is highlighted so it's a bit harder to tell which bit of highlighted text is a contradiction, and adds a lot of noise.

Does it only affect trials? I was under the impression that one of the difficultys affected something while you were searching for evidence

GamerJM

Banned
I'll just go ahead and disagree with you on that entirely. Zero Escape and this game have very similar atmospheres, which is the primary cause of the tension. The trials did a good job of enhancing that by making you fight for your and everyone else's life.

And a rush doesn't mean the same thing as feeling rushed.

They have similar atmospheres, but DR has a more lighthearted tone at times and an occasional sort of goofiness to break up the despair. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I probably would like DR more so far if they just went for a more dark and foreboding tone throughout the entire game and not just during the cases.

This is pretty subjective, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. Also I feel dumb for misinterpreting what you meant by feeling a rush, but everything I said not-related to the time limit for the medium difficulty applies to that too. Keep in mind that I'm still really liking the game overall, so I'm not trying to come in here to bash the game or something.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have finally joined the party!
Man i have waited for this game for so long and it's even better than expected!
I'm at the second class trial.

I'm in the middle of chapter 3, loving it so far. Do we have to save our monocoins for the 999 coins trophy, or can we spend them until we got 999 total?

UberTag

I'm in the middle of chapter 3, loving it so far. Do we have to save our monocoins for the 999 coins trophy, or can we spend them until we got 999 total?
You have to save them so it's best to wait on unlocking the stuff in the Extras menu and to just spend coins on presents until you get that trophy out of the way.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Any advice to platinum it?
I guess i have already made some "mistakes": not doing the first trial perfectly, spending many coins for presents and not spending time with victims before they die.

Any advice to platinum it?
I guess i have already made some "mistakes": not doing the first trial perfectly, spending many coins for presents and not spending time with victims before they die.

The trials can be redone later and the trophy descriptions are wrong, you only need to do one of them flawlessly. You can spend time with all the characters in post game mode. You can farm coins later.

In short: don't worry about it.

Okay so lets say I like the Phoenix Wright games, Visual Novels, Persona, anime in general and 999, will I have fun with Danganronpa? I never heard of it before and am about to trade Killzone Shadowfall in for it.

UberTag

Okay so lets say I like the Phoenix Wright games, Visual Novels, Persona, anime in general and 999, will I have fun with Danganronpa? I never heard of it before and am about to trade Killzone Shadowfall in for it.
If you're a fan of all those other titles (Phoenix Wright, 999, Persona) and visual novels, you'll enjoy DanganRonpa.
It's a no-brainer recommendation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering most people have said this is AA + 999 + a dash P3/4's social links (to which I'd have to agree), yes it's completely recommended.

Most likely yes, you will have fun with Danganronpa.

If you're a fan of all those other titles (Phoenix Wright, 999, Persona) and visual novels, you'll enjoy DanganRonpa.
It's a no-brainer recommendation.

Alright thanks you two! :) Normally it would be a no-brainer buy for me too as I like to support the anime game scene hoping more and more games to come over but with so many games I want between February and March I seriously have to double-take on everything.

Whoever planned this release schedule for these months in my country was mad...

Danganronpa, Senran Kagura, FFX HD, inFamous, Titanfall, Tropical Freeze, Ys Celceta, Atelier Escha & Logy... and I'm still lacking GT6 and A Link Between Worlds. This is truly the first time in 5 years I'm simply not able to afford all games I want :(

Oh well Danganronpa it is then, I also love the artstyle!

EDIT:

Considering most people have said this is AA + 999 + a dash P3/4's social links (to which I'd have to agree), yes it's completely recommended.

Now that sounds like a mix, I'm very interested to see how this plays out :eek:

LX_Theo

Banned
They have similar atmospheres, but DR has a more lighthearted tone at times and an occasional sort of goofiness to break up the despair. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I probably would like DR more so far if they just went for a more dark and foreboding tone throughout the entire game and not just during the cases.

This is pretty subjective, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. Also I feel dumb for misinterpreting what you meant by feeling a rush, but everything I said not-related to the time limit for the medium difficulty applies to that too. Keep in mind that I'm still really liking the game overall, so I'm not trying to come in here to bash the game or something.

Well, the contrast enhances the tone/theme of hope vs. despair. Its sort of the point.

Hupsel

Who likes the hand... bra... thing? I tried to give them to Aoi and she got mad

And can I give the same present twice to the same person?

Who likes the hand... bra... thing? I tried to give them to Aoi and she got mad

And can I give the same present twice to the same person?

You can give the same present twice.

And nobody likes the hand bra :lol.

edit:^^actually that is correct now that I checked the chart but even then it doesn't give full points :lol.

Just finished the first trial (dat music/atmosphere).

Curious if that "everyone" questioning one of the girls did after Monokuma spoke shortly after Leon's execution was teasing something Deadman Wonderland-like by using the cameras. That or it's a post-apocalyptic situation outside and ironically Monokuma is keeping them safe.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wanted to ask this in the spoiler thread but man it's better not for those like me that haven't finished the game yet.

Maybe i don't remember everything correctly but i think there's a mistake, in the second case
how did Mondo enter in the boys locker room if his e-handbook was broken and Leon's one was broken too?

I wanted to ask this in the spoiler thread but man it's better not for those like me that haven't finished the game yet.

Maybe i don't remember everything correctly but i think there's a mistake, in the second case
how did Mondo enter in the boys locker room if his e-handbook was broken and Leon's one was broken too?

Leon's wasn't broken. The broken one they found in the front was probably Mondo's.

PK Gaming

Leon's e-handbook wasn't broken. Mondo swapped his broken e-handbook with Leon's. In other words, when Makoto & co found the 3 unused e-handbooks, the one that they assumed belong to Leon was Mondo's.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
EDIT:
ok, i guess i didn't pay enough attention lol, maybe i confused Leon's handbook with Chichiro's one.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just finished the first trial (dat music/atmosphere).

Curious if that "everyone" questioning one of the girls did after Monokuma spoke shortly after Leon's execution was teasing something Deadman Wonderland-like by using the cameras. That or it's a post-apocalyptic situation outside and ironically Monokuma is keeping them safe.

Did you just fucking spoil VLR in tags for the first case? Wtf.

Beat the game. Ending was, uh... *to the spoiler thread*

Leon's handbook maybe was not broken, but it wasn't working anyway, i don't think Mondo made it work, it would have been part of the case summary too right?

The only way the handbooks break is if they undergo extreme heat.

While Leon was blasted by a bunch of baseballs, I don't think that would have generated enough heat to break them.

I believe one of the case points was for Mondo to show whose handbook he actually has since all signs pointed that he was holding Leon's.

EDIT: Looking back at it after I lunch, I was out of line (too much other IRL stuff going on right now and it affected this post). Removed the spoiler from the original one. Going to head off GAF for the next few hours to get my head straight.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's a spoiler tag, thus spoilers. And VLR is a good year or so old now.

Besides, in the grand scheme it isn't a huge spoiler compared to other things in that game since VLR heavily hints at it early on (although the reason why isn't revealed till later).

You spoiled a completely different game in a post that only mentioned the first trial. You could've just not said 'ala VLR' and just avoided the whole thing. It was a dick move.

Anyway, considering how I feel about this game, you've basically put me off ever playing VLR so thanks.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The only way the handbooks break is if they undergo extreme heat.

While Leon was blasted by a bunch of baseballs, I don't think that would have generated enough heat to break them.

I believe one of the case points was for Mondo to show whose handbook he actually has since all signs pointed that he was holding Leon's.

I edited my previous post too slowly lol.

I understood, i guess that during the case i confused some names, i'm still not completely used to them lol.

Anyway, considering how I feel about this game, you've basically put me off ever playing VLR so thanks.
It was unfortunate but the thing that was spoiled for you is definately not the kind that you should put the whole game off. Because you basically haven't had the game nearly ruined, trust me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's a spoiler tag, thus spoilers. And VLR is a good year or so old now.

Besides, in the grand scheme it isn't a huge spoiler compared to other things in that game since VLR heavily hints at it early on (although the reason why isn't revealed till later).

Fuck off with that nonsense. Thank God I didn't click on your spoiler.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I want a Danganronpa avatar, but i can't decide between Celeste, Kioko and Makoto, and searching for images is toooooooo dangerous :/

Top Bottom