• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Thing about this game is that it likes killing off your favorite characters right off the bat, though I'm starting chapter 4 right now, really excited.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Daganronpa is sooooo good :)
My only complaint is that sometimes in the class trial you know exactly what's the counterargument but not always is clear what's the bullet to shoot or to get, i don't think it's fair to get a bullet from a sentence that sometimes comes after the sentence to deny, or maybe it's just me that i want to solve arguments in their first run...

Late, but here's a handful of Celeste avatars regardless:

ibiR9Nzg6hQ4K9.jpg
iw7M3bj4bRUGu.png
inIFkxBwc0uJO.jpg
icSiGKI3HXMc2.jpg
ibthSiEBavwUBa.jpg
iTkzEkIh9oMRy.jpg
iKgdVbxQDjTlx.png
iMXBUgkNeknNF.png
i04tkGpRaYCIt.jpg
Awesome :)

creid

Anyone still having shipping issues from NISA's store via USPS? Mine was stuck in Texas for a week, then was allegedly delivered on 2/18, except it's not here :( Searching around a bit, apparently USPS tracking is pretty bad (i.e. it may show "delivered" a few days before it actually is), but I'm getting worried now.

Vamphuntr

Finally got to play this since my CE was in shipping hell. I was pleasantly surprised by the localization, the writing is fairly good and I think it's as good as the fan translation so far which was really high quality. VA are a mixed bag though. I would say that some are spot on while some are not very good :

Good
Yamada
Mondo
Asahina
Kuwata
Fukawa
Monokuma
Naegi
Fujisaki

Bad
Kirigiri
Celeste
Sakura
Togami
Hakagure
Ishimaru
Maizono

Definitely one of the worst CE I have seen, unfortunately. Cheap outer box quality, awful soundtrack with all of the best tracks absent and the artbook is a joke. Was sure didn't worth the extra 10$ and the two weeks of shipping hell.

LX_Theo

Banned
Finally got to play this since my CE was in shipping hell. I was pleasantly surprised by the localization, the writing is fairly good and I think it's as good as the fan translation so far which was really high quality. VA are a mixed bag though. I would say that some are spot on while some are not very good :

Good
Yamada
Mondo
Asahina
Kuwata
Fukawa
Monokuma
Naegi
Fujisaki

Bad
Kirigiri
Celeste
Sakura
Togami
Hakagure
Ishimaru
Maizono

Definitely one of the worst CE I have seen, unfortunately. Cheap outer box quality, awful soundtrack with all of the best tracks absent and the artbook is a joke. Was sure didn't worth the extra 10$ and the two weeks of shipping hell.
Have you finished the game, or have you just recently started playing?

Because some of your "Bad" voices strike me as odd.

Good
Yamada
Mondo
Asahina
Kuwata
Fukawa
Monokuma
Naegi
Fujisaki

Bad
Kirigiri
Celeste
Sakura
Togami
Hakagure
Ishimaru
Maizono

Wow, I really suck at remembering their full names. It took me a while to remember all their first names, but seeing that list full of last names I'm having trouble remembering who they are :p

FluxWaveZ

Wow, I really suck at remembering their full names. It took me a while to remember all their first names, but seeing that list full of last names I'm having trouble remembering who they are :p

Same here. I just keep their nicknames and most of their first names in mind.

Celeste's VA is the best in the game IMO. Surprised anyone would put her in bad.

Indeed. I actually was a bit iffy with the accent at first, but I came to love her VA more as the game went on.

Sorian

Banned

I love that people list last names but then they just toss in Celeste, come on, go full monty, the last name is Ludenberg IIRC.

fek

Some people are more used to the last names because the japanese version, the anime and probably the fantranslation too, uses their last names all the time.

Sorian

Banned
Some people are more used to the last names because the japanese version, the anime and probably the fantranslation too, uses their last names all the time.

Leon is the easiest name for me to remember so obviously as entrenched as I feel I am in japanese culture, I must be lying to myself.

In regards to Kyoko's Ultimate skill:
They really should have come out of left field with hers instead of going for the most obvious plot twist award. Ultimate Sex Addict, obviously

I think the second most obvious skill she could have was Ultimate Necrophiliac with all the dead bodies she feels up.

Rarutos

I'm definitely more used to referring them by last name. The fantranslation and the Japanese voice track refer to them by last name so I found it strange when people started referring to some characters by first name. But I got used to it quickly!

Yeah, I guess I'm more used to referring to people with their last name's expect Lu-whatever? from the fan translations, the anime and the fandom.

Of course it's also probably cause I find it easier to remember Japanese names since I am used to breaking them down.

Should you choose, you can save your game, select a chapter that you've already beaten, play up to your Free Time window and unlock further relationships, skills and skill points. You can do this repeatedly to your liking and then select your most recently completed trial and play through that quickly to resume your story progress.

This isn't as tedious as one might think. You can auto-advance Chapter 2 to your first free time window in 5 minutes or less. Proceed through 5 free time sessions, save, restart the chapter again and repeat the process.

Granted, you can easily unlock all of this stuff in School Mode at the end but you're not going to see any benefit from your unlocked skills if you wait 'til then. And School Mode is tedious enough as it is already without factoring in maxing out your relationships.

Hmm, if that's the case I might go and replay Chapter 1 since I missed leveling up one of the characters
before they died

Tizoc

So....the ending of Chapter 2.
wut

Currently in Chapter 3 and I've been wondering...this is a freakin' school right? Cuz I don't see anyone taking studies or any of that shit...and no one seems to bring this up...

So....the ending of Chapter 2.
wut

Currently in Chapter 3 and I've been wondering...this is a freakin' school right? Cuz I don't see anyone taking studies or any of that shit...and no one seems to bring this up...

The only one who really brings it up I seen is Ishimaru in the free times as he's freaking out since there are no classes and such.

That silly goose~

Feep

Banned
Beat Chapter 4! Now THAT was a good case. Solid all the way through.

I enjoyed watching myself break down like a little bitch.

mstevens

I'm very new to visual novel type games and I only just heard of this game in the Vita birthday thread. I'm someone who really enjoyed 999 and VLC (and other heavily japanese games like Persona) yet I'm not an anime watcher. Would there be a reason why I might not enjoy this game?

I'm very new to visual novel type games and I only just heard of this game in the Vita birthday thread. I'm someone who really enjoyed 999 and VLC (and other heavily japanese games like Persona) yet I'm not an anime watcher. Would there be a reason why I might not enjoy this game?

You might not like it when your favorite characters start dying.

Einbroch

Banned

You will love this game.

None that I can think of. If you like those games, you should also love this. Do you like the ace attorney games? The trial and investigation sections resemble those games.

Hah, perfect. Thanks. Now I just have to quit putting my phone on silent all the time :p

LiK

Good
Yamada
Mondo
Asahina
Kuwata
Fukawa
Monokuma
Naegi
Fujisaki

Bad
Kirigiri
Celeste
Sakura
Togami
Hakagure
Ishimaru
Maizono

the voices are shaky at first but once you get into more trials and listen to their performances in full, you'll love them. trust me. the English VO is outstanding. i didn't like them in the opening either but that's because most were just little phrases here and there.

Only Makoto was the weakest to me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
the voices are shaky at first but once you get into more trials and listen to their performances in full, you'll love them. trust me. the English VO is outstanding. i didn't like them in the opening either but that's because most were just little phrases here and there.

I tried out the English VO when I replayed the final chapter.

I dunno. I really wasn't feeling Makoto and a few of the others. In fact, it sort of made me understand why a bunch of people were hating on Makoto in the Spoiler thread. His voice is a lot whinier in English.

I was wrong about not having the patience for School Mode once I figured it out... this is far more addicting than it should be :lol

I'd buy a mobile game of this.

LiK

I tried out the English VO when I replayed the final chapter.

I dunno. I really wasn't feeling Makoto and a few of the others. In fact, it sort of made me understand why a bunch of people were hating on Makoto in the Spoiler thread. His voice is a lot whinier in English.

you should totally go back to earlier trials considering you're missing out on English VO for characters that are dead. :)

Am I the only one who plays with Japanese voices? It just made the most sense to me since they're all Japanese. I'll replay some trials in English when I'm finished though to finish up some trophies.

Also, can someone give a list of the japanese voice actors? I think I recognize several of them but I'm afraid to look them up because of spoilers :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Am I the only one who plays with Japanese voices? It just made the most sense to me since they're all Japanese. I'll replay some trials in English when I'm finished though to finish up some trophies.

I played through the whole thing in Japanese. I'm currently going back and playing in English.

you should totally go back to earlier trials considering you're missing out on English VO for characters that are dead. :)

Maybe I'll go back again from the start. I did play a couple other parts. Aoi Hina's voice is good. Hiro's and Kyoko's seemed really forced to me. Sakura's sounds kind of off to me, but she's pretty quiet in general.

LiK

I played through the whole thing in Japanese. I'm currently going back and playing in English.

i tried replaying in JPN. Celeste and Hina were a downgrade to me. I prefer Hina's English voice (much sweeter and cuter) and Celeste (awesome accent). I also adored English Kyoko cuz there's something about her voice I find soothing. The English VO for the end game of a particular character was also pretty awesome. But the trials were a bit more fun when you could just listen to them argue rather than read everything. That was my experience.

But hey, we got dual languages so whatever you guys prefer, go with that!

Top Bottom