• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

PK Gaming

Bah!

Also thank you to everyone who is saying nice things :3

You did a damn good job with the role, and don't you forget it.

BTW, since you're playing through the game... Are there any Byakuya lines in particular that you're proud of? Kind of a hard question to ask, but i'm interesting in seeing what you think. I personally felt that you were at your best during chapter 4.

Feep

Banned
You did a bang up job with the role.

BTW, since you're playing through the game... Are there any Byakuya lines in particular that you're proud of? Kind of a hard question to ask, but i'm interesting in seeing what you think. I personally felt that you were at your best during chapter 4.
Yeah, I actually just finished Chapter 4. I enjoyed the lines when I
started to break down, notably the line that was something like "How could YOU solve this when I couldn't?!"

I feel like I remember some later lines (Chapter 6 spoilers? I haven't gotten there yet) where I
find out my family is dead, and I remember feeling pretty good about those...

PK Gaming

Yeah, I actually just finished Chapter 4. I enjoyed the lines when I
started to break down, notably the line that was something like "How could YOU solve this when I couldn't?!"

I feel like I remember some later lines (Chapter 6 spoilers? I haven't gotten there yet) where I
find out my family is dead, and I remember feeling pretty good about those...

Absolutely! Heck, I enjoyed it so much I screen-caped most of it. (Chapter 4 trial spoilers)

I also enjoyed your delivery during this line of dialogue.

Re: Chapter 6
Yeah, you definitely nailed it during the trial portion. At that point, I felt like all of the actors were firing on all cylinders.

PKrockin

Absolutely! Heck, I enjoyed it so much I screen-caped most of it. (Chapter 4 trial spoilers)

I also enjoyed your delivery during this line of dialogue.

Re: Chapter 6
Yeah, you definitely nailed it during the trial portion. At that point, I felt like all of the actors were firing on all cylinders.

And I screencapped (SPOILERS) that one.

Funny enough, I was considering getting a Makoto avatar for a second before I saw you had one too, and with our names and all... lol

Labrys

just thought i'd post saying i found out who voices Sakura, it's Jessica Gee. she also voices Panne in Fire Emblem Awakening

PKrockin

So....the ending of Chapter 2.
wut

Currently in Chapter 3 and I've been wondering...this is a freakin' school right? Cuz I don't see anyone taking studies or any of that shit...and no one seems to bring this up...

Late response here, but they do bring this up at the beginning of chapter 1 after searching the school.

Chapter 5...that first Monokuma theater

idf6ed3OKfoRY.gif

Too soon

Maybe spoilers if I'm right with this deduction post Ch1:

For some reason I think Toko (the girl with the stutter IIRC) has some sort of secret. She's acting really weird this chapter and with that dialogue right before the killing in the last chapter.

I'll laugh if she is some sort of psychotic person or a killer or something.

Feep

Banned
Just beat Chapter 5. Shit is getting real.

What would have happened if I had picked "Run Away"?

Also, I like how Byakuya took this big stand in Chapter 4, saying he was "bowing out of the game", but in Chapter 5 he's just right back in it

FluxWaveZ

Also, I like how Byakuya took this big stand in Chapter 4, saying he was "bowing out of the game", but in Chapter 5 he's just right back in it

I thought that was
mostly him backing down from the threat of eventually wanting to become blackened.

PKrockin

What would have happened if I had picked "Run Away"?

I thought he meant by bowing out he wasn't going to try to win the killing game anymore and instead focus on finding the mastermind behind all this. If he gets thrust into a trial he still has to find the guilty party if he wants to survive.

beaten

789shadow

Banned
On the 3rd trial now, we finally have some classic Ace Attorney "this one thing definitely contradicts this statement, but it's incorrect because we want you to use this OTHER thing."

Sorian

Banned
On the 3rd trial now, we finally have some classic Ace Attorney "this one thing definitely contradicts this statement, but it's incorrect because we want you to use this OTHER thing."

Well hey, it's a trade-off, if you could just present all of the things that made sense from the get-go, chapter one would have been over in 5 minutes.

cj_iwakura

Does the game stop auto-selecting evidence for me later on? Just finished Chapter 2, and it feels like the game is holding my hand too much... should I not be playing on Normal?

FluxWaveZ

Does the game stop auto-selecting evidence for me later on? Just finished Chapter 2, and it feels like the game is holding my hand too much... should I not be playing on Normal?

There will be times where the Non-stop Debates get more difficult, but playing on Kind for Logic instead of Mean is definitely a mistake since it makes things so much easier.

At least, I would think since it seemed too easy for me on Kind and the moments when it defaults to Mean for tutorial purposes were more fun than the straightforward Kind difficulty segments.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Definitely play on Mean if you can switch.

The first Chapter is basically a tutorial, though, not unlike Ace Attorney.

Sorian

Banned
Mean was the way to go. It'll still select evidence for you but your "truth gun" will end up being loaded with like 8 bullets once you are into end game, that's also not counting the mechanic that gets added to non-stop debates that you may or may not have encountered yet.

PKrockin

You mean the point where someone says
"Hifumi died first" (weak point) and you can't use the wristwatch which proves Taka was dead long before we witnessed Hifumi alive during the Robo Justice events? Instead you have to use "what order" on "the numbering of the justice hammers" and make the weaker argument that the hammers may not have been used in order.
Yeah, that was dumb.

Tizoc

I am in Chapter 5, and then I get this from Monokuma
[REMOVD TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]
This game GAF, this motherfucking GAME!

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
You mean the point where someone says
"Hifumi died first" (weak point) and you can't use the wristwatch which proves Taka was dead long before we witnessed Hifumi alive during the Robo Justice events? Instead you have to use "what order" on "the numbering of the justice hammers" and make the weaker argument that the hammers may not have been used in order.
Yeah, that was dumb.

What's odd is that looking at my report cards during that trial and it didn't show that
Taka was dead. It threw me off into thinking he was the one who was faking it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really liking the game so far. Only thing I truly hate are the comic book sections at the end of a trial.
I found some parts annoying because certain pictures would seem rather so similar, so it'd be hard to figure out if it was right or not. They weren't too bad for the most part, but I remember one chapter or two just really messing with me.

PKrockin

I found some parts annoying because certain pictures would seem rather so similar, so it'd be hard to figure out if it was right or not. They weren't too bad for the most part, but I remember one chapter or two just really messing with me.

Case 3 had
A panel that asked "how did the killer recruit their accomplice? Was it seduction?" And the answer is a panel of Hifumi viewed from the side. What? And the last question asks what was used to kill Hifumi, and both times I played the case I stuck the panel with the spotless hammer on there and got it wrong. It has to be the other spotless hammer panel shown from a slightly different angle with a bloodstain on it. Give me a break.

Moonlight

Banned
Re: comic book sections. Chapter 4 spoilers.

Conceptually, I really liked them, and it was satisfying when you managed to piece everything together correctly, especially because the Climax Return music was so amazing, but some of the comic panels were just bizarre. I think the absolute worst offender is when there's two icons which have Toko entering a locker, and leaving a locker, and it's insanely unclear which one is which. I bombed it on my first try because I second-guessed myself.

Squire

Banned
Re: comic book sections. Chapter 4 spoilers.

Conceptually, I really liked them, and it was satisfying when you managed to piece everything together correctly, especially because the Climax Return music was so amazing, but some of the comic panels were just bizarre. I think the absolute worst offender is when there's two icons which have Toko entering a locker, and leaving a locker, and it's insanely unclear which one is which. I bombed it on my first try because I second-guessed myself.

I mean, they're supposed to be like that. That's the challenge element of that part.

Top Bottom