• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Moonlight

Banned
I mean, they're supposed to be like that. That's the challenge element of that part.
I think there's a difference between a challenge, and literally having no clear indicator of what's what and turning it into a guessing game. It's challenging to inference what a given icon means and how to apply that to the context that the game gives you in the empty panel. It turns into a straight up flip-a-coin guessing game when there's no meaningful difference between two icons and you're expected to use both of them in the right order in a mostly similar context. It's not a major deal at all, but I really don't see it as an intentional aspect of the 'challenge'.

Tizoc

Need help with the Trial in Chapter 5 please.
The truth bullets I am given are:
Sprinkler
Fragments near dead body
exploded body analysis
How do I finish this part of the trial?

PKrockin

Need help with the Trial in Chapter 5 please.
The truth bullets I am given are:
Sprinkler
Fragments near dead body
exploded body analysis
How do I finish this part of the trial?

What are they all talking about? What are the weak points?

Sorian

Banned
Pointless? Ha! Worst? No way! You don't know what you're talking about! Come on! You're wrong! Ha!

StupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupidStupid

Byakuya mentions 10 PM, Hina mentions 'to 7:30'

Believe it's "Sprinkler" at "from 10 PM". You'd think it's 7:30 AM because that has to do with the sprinklers, but what you're saying is that the time in which the murder could happen starts after the sprinklers go off... I think.

matmanx1

Chapter 2 trial finished. I'm slowly working my way through this one in between TxK, Borderlands 2 and Gundam Extreme VS: Full Boost. Dangan Ronpa is consistently exceeding my expectations and I can't wait to see what happens next.

The last scene of the Chapter 2 punishment for the criminal put my jaw on the floor. I was speechless for a couple of seconds as my mind tried to absorb what it was seeing. I was like "no, they didn't!" but yes, they did.

Sorian

Banned
Chapter 2 trial finished. I'm slowly working my way through this one in between TxK, Borderlands 2 and Gundam Extreme VS: Full Boost. Dangan Ronpa is consistently exceeding my expectations and I can't wait to see what happens next.

The last scene of the Chapter 2 punishment for the criminal put my jaw on the floor. I was speechless for a couple of seconds as my mind tried to absorb what it was seeing. I was like "no, they didn't!" but yes, they did.

THIS PICTURE IS A SPOILER FOR THE END OF CHAPTER 2, kind of, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED CHAPTER 2

You get greeted with this lovely scene at the beginning of the next episode in the anime after that character's execution.

Sorian

Banned
That's odd. The background there is quite clearly the Trial 3 courtroom.

Hmm true, I haven't watched the anime, just going off of other people's info, maybe they meant this is what they run into at the beginning of the next trial. Regardless, premise is the same and it has no chapter 3 spoilers :p

Squire

Banned
I think there's a difference between a challenge, and literally having no clear indicator of what's what and turning it into a guessing game. It's challenging to inference what a given icon means and how to apply that to the context that the game gives you in the empty panel. It turns into a straight up flip-a-coin guessing game when there's no meaningful difference between two icons and you're expected to use both of them in the right order in a mostly similar context. It's not a major deal at all, but I really don't see it as an intentional aspect of the 'challenge'.

That's exactly what it is and all it is. I think that's intentional. I mean, this is totally a VN first and foremost. There's a variety of distractions, but none of these mechanics are very deep are developed. But I totally get what you're saying and it did frustrate ms at times as well.

Really, I don't I like or appreciated the more game-y parts until the chapter 4 trial.

Tizoc

So Chapter 5....I got
The bad end where I exposed Kyoko's lie.
Gatdayum Aoi.
...but holy shit are these punishments sick...

PKrockin

I finally realized who Yasuhiro reminded me of.

3Pp56Rp.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DR2 dramatically improves the Climax Inference segment by telling you exactly what a given icon is depicting.
Guess I can add this to my list of reason why I can't wait to play the sequel. I think PKrockin reminded me of the one section (Chapter 3) that made me annoyed at it, but at the very least, it didn't happen very often.

Starting Chapter 5 trial:
I can't believe I have to prove the corpse isn't Kyoko's when Kyoko is standing right there.
Yeah, that was one the more..........questionable moments.
It would have worked SO much better if this was done earlier, when the game was still tricking you into thinking it was possible since Kyoko was still missing.

Chris R

Finish chapter 1. Had no idea what I was doing during the rhythm section so I "lost" there. Do I just press X and Triangle no matter the text being selected in time with the beat?

Solid story though, can't wait to finish it. I'm guessing who I hang out with doesn't cause the story to branch much?

Finish chapter 1. Had no idea what I was doing during the rhythm section so I "lost" there. Do I just press X and Triangle no matter the text being selected in time with the beat?

Solid story though, can't wait to finish it. I'm guessing who I hang out with doesn't cause the story to branch much?

The story doesn't branch at all.

PKrockin

Pressing X targets more statements, pressing Triangle destroys all targeted statements. If you don't press the button in time with the beat it does nothing. I assume the more statements you destroy at a time, the more damage it does to the opponent?

I didn't really get the explanation the first time either.

That Chapter 5 trial bad end was... something.
Aoi has everyone's child?! Slightly creepy...

Tricky of the game to suddenly make exposing the contradiction the wrong thing to do.

AniHawk

Yeah, that was one the more..........questionable moments.
It would have worked SO much better if this was done earlier, when the game was still tricking you into thinking it was possible since Kyoko was still missing.

there's weird stuff in this game, but
the supernatural isn't one of them. the scene was done purely for comedic relief

Top Bottom