• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

LiK

Err, that too. I forgot to include it in my post. I'm thinking more vn/mystery/horror less AA (the trial minigames were my least favorite part of DR)

ever played Hotel Dusk? that might be right up your alley. good mystery VN game with a really nice art style.

Err, that too. I forgot to include it in my post. I'm thinking more vn/mystery/horror less AA (the trial minigames were my least favorite part of DR)
You might want to check out Corpse Party and the sequel for psp/vita. It's pretty cheap on eu store at least.

Just beat it. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Gonna start School Mode tomorrow.

And I'm gonna tear into DR2 like a middle-aged secretary at an all you can eat cake buffet.

To the spoiler thread! :D

Prelude.

I just noticed watching a playthrough that they removed the ratings at the end of the trial sections. That's good, they were pretty useless.

ramyeon

I just noticed watching a playthrough that they removed the ratings at the end of the trial sections. That's good, they were pretty useless.
Huh? You mean where you're graded A, B, C or whatever? They didn't remove those.

Just started the Chapter 6 trial... this is it huh!

Acosta

Play some sci-fi/suspense visual novels.

My problem with VNs is that combining videogames wuth reading is dangerous for me, I get kinda obsessed and forget about secondary stuff like eating and sleeping.

I think I'm done with this genre until Steins;Gate.

Jintor

My problem with VNs is that combining videogames wuth reading is dangerous for me, I get kinda obsessed and forget about secondary stuff like eating and sleeping.

Have another person in your living area to kick you out of your stupor when necessary.

Putting VNs on handhelds is the best.

mothball

I know what that's like. I finally finished a Japanese VN yesterday with 90 hours clocked.

Even worse, most Japanese sites peg it around 15 hours.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm in the middle of the chapter 5 class trail.
At what point is it possible to get the bad ending?
You'll be given a choice of "Pursue the lie" or ignoring it. If you pursue it, it'll lead to the bad ending, but you'll be taken right back to before the decision was made.

Beat Chapter 3 last night and got to the first free time section in Chapter 4.

Should have seen the Ch3 killer earlier, it was amazing how many hints were dropped once you realized it.

Seems like I was right to think something was up with Sakura based off that Ch4 scene. Also seems like something happened outside the "school" like I thought.

Interested to see what Kyoko and Sakura's back stories are based off the events that just unfolded.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
How long is it? Is it worth playing a second time?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hard to say "a second time" since the story is the same each playthrough, & for a plot heavy game like this, there might not be much replay value for some people unless you want to experience the story again. There isn't much you can do different.

LX_Theo

Banned

20-28 hours is the range I have heard of. I got 23 hours. There is little replayability since it is basically all story. Anything that is not the main plot can also be done in the extra "school mode" that is unlocked upon beating the game.

So I finished Chapter 3 last night, and I think it's safe to say I have an unhealthy addiction to this game. It has its hooks in me, bad.

I've never been a big fan of VNs, tried Virtue's Last Reward and wasn't feeling it at all, but I think the courtroom mystery aspect, as well as the shared "friendship" among all of the characters is sucking me in so much more. Thoughts like, "Hey, I liked that person! It's not cool that they got whacked! And hey, someone else I like might've done it! Stop screwing with my emotions, game!!"

Whenever a murder occurs, I've been unable to put the system down until the investigation and trial is complete. COMPLETE!! I learned this while laying in bed the other night trying to get to sleep after the Chapter 2 murder, staring at the ceiling as my mind spun over whoddunit.

After giving up on sleep and playing the game for several more hours to complete the trial, I then continued to stare at the ceiling reflecting back on everything that just unfolded as the music from the Closing Argument building music looped in my brain.

Video games that make me sincerely care about the story and characters are among the most fulfilling and most dangerous for me. Healthy for the soul, unhealthy for the body.

I feel I have quite a few twists and turns to go through, but as of right now this easily ranks among Gravity Rush and Persona 4 Golden as one of the Vita's greatest gifts.

Christ is the platinum in this game frustrating. Did the four playthroughs of School Mode necessary to get all the trophies there, and now the final two are for all presents and all gallery items, so now I have to take my 999 coins and somehow grind this garbage too? Why would they make it like this

LiK

Christ is the platinum in this game frustrating. Did the four playthroughs of School Mode necessary to get all the trophies there, and now the final two are for all presents and all gallery items, so now I have to take my 999 coins and somehow grind this garbage too? Why would they make it like this

ARE YOU DEDICATED ENOUGH? Yea, it's a bummer. I played through School Mode two more times after getting 999 coins so I could unlock all presents and galleries since getting all presents is luck.. Wasn't too bad since I figured out the School Mode. It was pretty brainless. I did it while watching TV.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, it's just more time consuming than hard. Though yeah, can feel tiresome earning the 999 coins, then hoping you don't get repeats for presents. & School Mode kind of overstayed its welcome on the third playthrough.

Sorian

Banned

Save, spend one coin at a time getting all the gifts, reload save and use your 975 coins unlocking the gallery stuff.

I mean they could have made it a lot worse for the plat.

No concentration use in all trials?

No damage in all trials?

Something something

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
And now I'm somehow missing a handful of events and movies even though I've played through the game about a thousand times ;_;
Do you have
A Man's Fantasy & Escape Button from the Monokuma Machine? Man's Fantasy unlocks an event in Chapter 3 while Escape Button unlocks a new video. & did you get the bad ending in Chapter 5?

Oh cool, I remembered the alternate thing but didn't know about the one that needs the certain present.

Thanks all! donedonedonedonedone

tumblr_mt2lqbVl0z1qa7ubto1_500.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It's about 20-30 hours your first playthrough.

It's about as replayable as Ace Attorney with some collectibles. Re-experiencing some trials can be fun. You could always play it in the other language for a second playthrough, too.

Dupree

Neo Member
I mean they could have made it a lot worse for the plat.

No concentration use in all trials?

No damage in all trials?

Something something

Those trophies are typos, you only have to do it in one trial. I got all of the trophies for "all" trials, doing just the chapter 1 trial (all i have done so far)

LiK

Those trophies are typos, you only have to do it in one trial. I got all of the trophies for "all" trials, doing just the chapter 1 trial (all i have done so far)

Not a typo imo, more like they're glitched. But yea, only need to do them for one trial.

Top Bottom