• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Conan-san

This game is a damn time-sinkhole.

I'm well into chapter 2 now, and between my initial suspicions and building on top of those with what's shown in the monokuma theater, I think I've got a grip of where things are going overall.

Kyoko, I like you, but u monokuma ain't you.

Nobody actually confirm that pls.

What makes you say that?

graywolf323

so I think I'm nearing the end of chapter 1
Sayaka had me switch rooms with her
and I feel like I screwed up with my choice of who to spend time with during free time

is there a certain method recommended or does everyone else just do it however they want?

so I think I'm nearing the end of chapter 1
Sayaka had me switch rooms with her
and I feel like I screwed up with my choice of who to spend time with during free time

is there a certain method recommended or does everyone else just do it however they want?

There is no way to ''screw up'' since it's impossible to max all report cards on one playthrough=it makes no difference how you spend your free time really. Besides the game is so easy that the skills you gain are mostly a nice bonus anyway. Don't worry about it. Everybody pretty much does it however they want.

You can do the remaining free time events in the post game mode anyway.

Chapter 5 class trial question and spoiler of course :

Should I tell it's a lie ? I id so and the trial ended. Does the game has more than 1 "route" ? I tough it was only linear... I don't want kyoko to die ;_;

FluxWaveZ

Chapter 5 class trial question and spoiler of course :

Should I tell it's a lie ? I id so and the trial ended. Does the game has more than 1 "route" ? I tough it was only linear... I don't want kyoko to die ;_;

Do whatever you want and don't restart. Yes the game has two "endings." No, your choice doesn't matter if you're concerned with being locked out of the "true ending."

kiriin

Went on a media blackout and finally finish the game. It was great! Glad I decided to skip the anime adaptation a while back.

Zephyx

I only realized a few days ago what the thread title meant even when I finished the game a while back. I am ashamed of how slow I can get sometimes

graywolf323

so I ended up playing pretty much all day and just finished chapter 3 and not really sure what to think of what's happened

definitely enjoying the game though in a way it's even more twisted than the 999 series

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just getting into this game, about 6 hours in - on chapter 2.

I like this wayyyyy more than VLR. Excellent game so far, but I'm wondering how long it is. I don't like my adventure games to overstay their welcome.

Approx how far am I into the game? How many hours is the whole thing? Thanks!

Aytrial

I like this wayyyyy more than VLR. Excellent game so far, but I'm wondering how long it is. I don't like my adventure games to overstay their welcome.

If you got at a steady pace, it should take between 17-20 hours on your first run.

Hupsel

I like the game so far (chapter 4) but Free Time seems like a missed opportunity. Characters usually are not interesting and have nothing good to say.

LX_Theo

Banned

I got 23 hours. I've heard as long as 28 hours. Depends on how much you indulge yourself into the conversation and don't rush ahead, I suppose.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd say it also depends on your reading speed. I would breeze through text since I'm a fast reader, but during trials, I'd always put it on Auto since there was full voice-acting during those sections.

I didn't check to see what my time was, but I think the low to mid 20s is a good estimation as to how long this takes.

Just beat the game (sans-school mode) last night.

Looks like my apocalyptic + battle royale scenario guess was right, to some degree anyway. Supposedly I've heard DR2 explains more about what happened to the world so it'll be interesting to see that. Hated how the game ended after the gate opened because it was just starting to get good. xd

I suspected something was going on regarding "Junko" after the arrows appeared as a truth bullet in Chapter 5 but never got used in the class trial (as the club idea was a red herring since the tape was a misleading clue due to the killer). I thought initially her voice was meh but once she started going back and forth between personalities it made more sense. Her VA did a really good job going back and forth between them.

Don't think this is a spoiler (I'll edit if it is), but is there any guide online for school mode? There was a little bit of explanation but the game basically just throws you into it. I heard the mode is a bit of a PITA at times so I'd rather have a guide to lessen the number of runs I need to do if it all possible.

I like the game so far (chapter 4) but Free Time seems like a missed opportunity. Characters usually are not interesting and have nothing good to say.

I think the main problem is that you really don't get deep enough into their report card events given the amount of time you have for some characters before they are killed.

The post game school mode solves this whole murder business and it definitely adds some depth to some characters.

Tizoc

I'd say it took me more than 20 hours to finish the game.

Finish the game yesterday and Chapter 6 was such a blast, I kind of figured out who the real culprit was at the start of chapter 6;

It was when Kyoko ask Monokuma if 3 or more people finds a dead body an announcement is made and when he said yes, it made me realize that when Mukuro was stab by those lances an announcement never played

The game is such a blast, playing through school mode now to finish school report. I love Hina's free-time event especially the last part xD

jiggles

Banned
At 16 hours I was nearing the end of Chapter 4 and the game popped up with a message saying I was about halfway through.

Wh-What the heck?!!

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm about to finish chapter 5 and I didn't get any sort of message like that at any point :-/

It says it very blatantly in the middle of the Chapter 4 trial. You must have missed it?

At 16 hours I was nearing the end of Chapter 4 and the game popped up with a message saying I was about halfway through.

Wh-What the heck?!!

I'd say you're probably a little over halfway. I was at 13 when that happened, and ended at 23.

graywolf323

It says it very blatantly in the middle of the Chapter 4 trial. You must have missed it?

hmm I guess I just glossed over it

edit: or possibly that was the one tutorial I accidentally skipped but didn't reload to see since it ended up not being hard (I am playing on easy mode since I really just want the story)

just finished chapter 5 and this is getting more and more interesting

Uthred

Weird translation choice in Capter 5,
When discussing the origin of the mythic Fenrir in the japanese audio you can clearly hear Toko say Angrboda but its translated as female giant, just seems pointless not to use her actual name

Acid08

Banned
Got the game today, it's awesome so far! Varied characters, slick UI, seemingly solid translation. Love the effect of the rooms popping up. Just finished the prologue, jumped to chapter 1 and
I already don't trust Sayaka. She's all smiley and nice, oh wow I remember you from middle school, STICKS A FUCKING KNIFE IN YOUR BACK.

Got the game today, it's awesome so far! Varied characters, slick UI, seemingly solid translation. Love the effect of the rooms popping up. Just finished the prologue, jumped to chapter 1 and
I already don't trust Sayaka. She's all smiley and nice, oh wow I remember you from middle school, STICKS A FUCKING KNIFE IN YOUR BACK.
This reminds me that the graphics in this game look way better in action then in screen shots.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the style initially, but when I played the game, it actually comes off quite well IMO.

Acid08

Banned
Early Chapter 1

oh yeah now Sayaka suddenly needs a weapon to protect herself with? Every red flag is going off but of course Makoto is all wrapped up in her cheery bullshit. THIS CHICK IS BAD NEWS.

BiAb5UACEAAja_Y.jpg

Man, I really like that Asian cover for Danganronpa 1.

So much upupupupupu~

Acid08

Banned
This game is already stressing me the fuck out.

Chapter 1:

WELP I WAS WRONG OH GOD SAYAKA. It totally makes sense it would be her though, dat Makoto despair.

Acid08

Banned
This game is FUCKED.

Ch. 1 END
Finished the first trial and man that was intense. So much shit going on during these. I knew Sayaka wasn't to be trusted. Didn't play out exactly as I expected it to but jeez it was still way messed up. And the Leon execution scene was fucking brutal.

Need to stop playing for the night. 2heavy4me. Toko is a huge asshole btw.

Tizoc

This game is FUCKED.

Ch. 1 END
Finished the first trial and man that was intense. So much shit going on during these. I knew Sayaka wasn't to be trusted. Didn't play out exactly as I expected it to but jeez it was still way messed up. And the Leon execution scene was fucking brutal.

Need to stop playing for the night. 2heavy4me. Toko is a huge asshole btw.

it gets more fucked up from now on amigo

I’m so excited! I’m finally about to start this in the next few days since I’m nearly finished with Rayman Legends.

Just to make sure, it’s recommended that I pick both the harder difficulties right? What exactly do they change?

Top Bottom