• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure it's a typo, as the Japanese version (& I think Chinese version as well) seems to state "any trial", at least to the translator I used online.

Got to the middle of the Ch4 trial where you
try to prove why Genocide Jill's story doesn't match up with the crime scene

I have a really strong feeling it was Hina (IIRC the name of the female athlete character) only because the reason Sakura was eventually killed was by poisoning and she's trust Hina enough to eat it without question. Not sure how whatshisname got a hold of a wrapper unless he picked it up somewhere, though.

Also noticed during the Ch3 end save point that there was another person with a hood-like jacket on, wondering if that's the "16th" person or not.

Also, I noticed when looking at the events section that I have a few slots from earlier chapters that aren't unlocked. Is that something in NG+ or did I not trigger missable scenes by accident?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's one you'll unlock later on despite it being between some Chapter 2 events, & as for one most likely "missed", did you get
A Man's Fantasy
from the Monokuma Machine & get the Chapter 3 cutscene? Thankfully, there's not many missable events & they're not that hard to get, should you miss them.

Sendou

Very light spoilers regarding what's unlocked after completing the game:

How's School Mode? I started playing it a bit to see but was kind of turned out by the gameplay. Not exactly my thing. For what's it worth I didn't find S. Link equivalents in this game all that interesting. Still is there some cool unique content I should watch from YouTube or something?

LiK

How's School Mode? I started playing it a bit to see but was kind of turned out by the gameplay. Not exactly my thing. For what's it worth I didn't find S. Link equivalents in this game all that interesting. Still is there some cool unique content I should watch from YouTube or something?

If you want to max out everyone's report cards easily and/or see how it ends in a what-if story with specific characters, it's worth playing though for that.

Also, it's required if you're going for Platinum trophy.

satori

wtf...I forgot about this game. So glad I got my tax returns. Been so busy with work lately I paid no mind to any new games. I look up and there are at least 4 I must have, and more on the way....

Jinto

I finally got around to starting this game. It's my first VN, and so far, it's pretty awesome. I haven't read through this thread to avoid spoilers. Hopefully, the ending's good. I'm at the first free time segment. Does it alter the story in any way, depending on what characters you spend time with?

I finally got around to starting this game. It's my first VN, and so far, it's pretty awesome. I haven't read through this thread to avoid spoilers. Hopefully, the ending's good. I'm at the first free time segment. Does it alter the story in any way, depending on what characters you spend time with?

Not at all. The story is pretty much set.

You get certain skills depending on who you spend time with but that's about it.

badgenome

No, it just unlocks different abilities that you can use in the trials and the skill points required to equip said abilities.

Jinto

Not at all. The story is pretty much set.

You get certain skills depending on who you spend time with but that's about it.

No, it just unlocks different abilities that you can use in the trials and the skill points required to equip said abilities.

Ah, OK. Thanks! That makes things a whole lot less stressful. I haven't reached any trials yet, so I'll find out what that stuff does when I get to my first one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It also helps to level up your relation with Celeste 3 times, as you'll learn a skill that nets you 10% more coins after trials & 3 coins instead of 1 when finding them randomly throughout the school.

Einbroch

Banned

Skip the gathering garbage and simply rush to see all the character interactions (spend time with).

Holmes

Does anyone know where I can find the "Cover Art (Blue)" from the artwork gallery online? Or how I can remove the zoom/move buttons when viewing the artwork in the gallery? I'd love you. Seriously, that sexy Ishimaru. My god.

Does anyone know where I can find the "Cover Art (Blue)" from the artwork gallery online? Or how I can remove the zoom/move buttons when viewing the artwork in the gallery? I'd love you. Seriously, that sexy Ishimaru. My god.

kLBxVke.png

I'm just going to assume you just want the sexy Ishimaru cause who wouldn't.

But let me know if you want to see the actual image of the whole thing. I'll see if I can find that.

Chris R

Welp (up to chapter 2 spoiler)

Had no idea that twist was coming in the chapter 2 trial... It seems like all the people I like/spend time with end up dead or doing the killing :(

Onto chapter 3 now

GamerJM

Banned
Not surprised. Probably the same assholes who would post spoilers in YT comments for the OST.

Some dude from GameFAQs PMed me spoilers to the ending twist in Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies the night before the game released. Seriously fuck some of those guys.

Conan-san

Danganronpa Abridged Thing Episode 4 is out.

I wanted to link it directly but I remembered mobile GAF gives you thumbnails of youtube videos so didn't want to spoil people, upupupupupu~

So make due with a link to the twitter linking to it.

So this episode covers all of chapter 2 so spoilers up to there.
Honestly, I think he handled
Chihiro's Situation
about as well as to be expected. Sure Tumblr is going to turn him inside out but they'd do that anyway because, yaknow, Tumblr is
Ultimate Despair

I love how they did
Genocider Jill
and if
'Hakagure gatting stabbed with random shit at the trials"
is a thing now I'm all for it.

Just got a really cheap psvita with a persona 4 golden (that you can't even buy here anymore). It was the only game I wanted the system so when I found that pack on ebay for 120 euros with a 4gb memory card included I couldn't resist. Gets here on monday or tuesday so I can't wait.

But lets say that when I discovered this thread for this game with such a strange name I didn't even knew about just a few days ago, it pushed me to find the psvita, because from what Ive read it seems is something im going to love.

So thanks in advance GAF!

Drago

Starting the Ch. 4 trial now, game is really starting to pick up.

Such an awful feeling when your favorite characters are prime suspects ;_;

Holmes

Can someone help me with the trip tickets? I've been inviting Celeste with me, I choose the right options, been getting full hearts. Now all of a sudden, even if I choose the same options, I'm only getting half a heart now per run. Why? Really annoying.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you make sure you didn't max her relationship already? Seems weird that all of a sudden, the game would only give you "pretty good time" responses for picking the "really good time" options.

Lusankya

Can someone help me with the trip tickets? I've been inviting Celeste with me, I choose the right options, been getting full hearts. Now all of a sudden, even if I choose the same options, I'm only getting half a heart now per run. Why? Really annoying.
You have probably chosen a different option or miscounted the hearts.

Holmes

I hung out with her four times, and had four hearts. Then I chose the right option as normal, but we only had a "good time" and she went up to 4.5 hearts. Tried again, chose right, then it went up to 5 hearts. Tried again just now, it's at 5.5 hearts. I'm gonna reload but I dunno. What's her deal?

I did change from the dinning hall to the school store, and then that started happening. But I don't think it should matter?

Lusankya

I hung out with her four times, and had four hearts. Then I chose the right option as normal, but we only had a "good time" and she went up to 4.5 hearts. Tried again, chose right, then it went up to 5 hearts. Tried again just now, it's at 5.5 hearts. I'm gonna reload but I dunno. What's her deal?

I did change from the dinning hall to the school store, and then that started happening. But I don't think it should matter?

What do you mean with "right" option? Also there are different options in each room.

Holmes

What do you mean with "right" option? Also there are different options in each room.
"Right" option as in, the one that should lead to getting a full heart. With Celeste in the dining hall, I've been using "For breakfast, Japanese style is best.", "So what do you like to do at night?" and "All the food here is really good." which has been getting me full hearts. But now they've been giving me half hearts.

Lusankya

"Right" option as in, the one that should lead to getting a full heart. With Celeste in the dining hall, I've been using "For breakfast, Japanese style is best.", "So what do you like to do at night?" and "All the food here is really good." which has been getting me full hearts. But now they've been giving me half hearts.

"So what do you like to do at night?" is only supposed to give you half a heart.

Sorian

Banned

You said you switched rooms? You wouldn't have the same options then, if you want full hearts then keep doing the same thing, it is non-sensical, when you find what works, stick to it.

Moonlight

Banned
Switch your locales up a bit. I noticed that I'd always get the 'half-heart only' event more often, the more I went to one location on repeat with a character. Or just save before you talk to them and load back until you get the event you want.

Holmes

Yeah, I figured it out. Apparently some characters require you to switch rooms after doing the same one three times in a row, and Celeste just happens to be one of them. I just did a trip to the School Store, and lo and behold, I got a full heart. It's weird, it didn't happen to me when I did Taka and Leon's trips, but now I guess I'll always save and check in with Monokuma whenever I go on a trip now.

Sorian

Banned
For the record, you don't get dimishing returns if you go to the same place repetedly. Every character has a certain response to every possible choice you can make and that response is set in stone whether you've seen it 1 time or 100 times. You must be omitting a detail or mistaken as to what was happening with Celeste.

Lusankya

Yeah, I figured it out. Apparently some characters require you to switch rooms after doing the same one three times in a row, and Celeste just happens to be one of them. I just did a trip to the School Store, and lo and behold, I got a full heart. It's weird, it didn't happen to me when I did Taka and Leon's trips, but now I guess I'll always save and check in with Monokuma whenever I go on a trip now.

No, there are no characters that require you to switch rooms, but there are characters that just won't always have a +1 heart question in all three sets of a given room.

LiK

No characters require switching rooms. I maxed out hearts per character by grinding the same rooms over and over.

iavi

This game is a damn time-sinkhole.

I'm well into chapter 2 now, and between my initial suspicions and building on top of those with what's shown in the monokuma theater, I think I've got a grip of where things are going overall.

Kyoko, I like you, but u monokuma ain't you.

Nobody actually confirm that pls.

Top Bottom