• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

It's only pink when it's first spills.

Then when it dries, it changes color into red.

That's how blood works in the Danganronpa world.
Yeah but I think it should remain pink if they decided to make it so, I don't like seeing it change from a scene to another.

I have just read the GiantBomb review. I feel like complaining for fanservice in this game I truly stupid and pointless. There are literally two scenes in the whole game. Two. That's not something worth of complaining about in my opinion.
I think I get what they mean about the sensitivity thing, but I'm not sure how else they could have done it.

Yeah but I think it should remain pink if they decided to make it so, I don't like seeing it change from a scene to another.

Remind me (in spoiler tags of course) where this occurs cause I can't remember it. Unless you are not saying there are scenes where the same blood changes from pink to red.

i think they should've made it bright fluro green!

And then everyone would have been radioactive, have super powers and omg we can have our fighting game!!!!!

Remind me (in spoiler tags of course) where this occurs cause I can't remember it. Unless you are not saying there are scenes where the same blood changes from pink to red.
I'm not talking about the same blood, but I'm pretty sure the blood in the classroom is red. And in a couple of instances (in SDR2 too) there are some kind of transitions in which it appears like the screen is covered in blood: and that time is red. That's what I dislike about it, I think they should have kept it always pink.
Also, them being radioactive would explain their powers/ability. They're mutants.

Jintor

DR actually strikes me as a very pop-artish kind of bright, eye-catching style. It's not that drab, despite the situation; compare 999's oppressive tone (and near complete lack of style lol).

DR actually strikes me as a very pop-artish kind of bright, eye-catching style. It's not that drab, despite the situation; compare 999's oppressive tone (and near complete lack of style lol).

It just adds to the despair.

It definitely looks like a series where you will have fun and happy times with everyone (and showing that in promos, teasers, official artwork definitely doesn't help) and instead it is anything but that. :[

Acid08

Banned
Yeah definitely. Even the school itself is really sharp and colorful with the hallway colors. Loved that look.

cj_iwakura

Final trial's shifting to endgame.

I thought I had it figured, but not quiiiite.

Endgame spoilers:
(And VLR Spoilers too)
So happy Junko came back. Uh... sorta.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but this game did the 'world's gone to hell in a handbasket outside' twist before VLR, right?

Hifumi: "Say whaaaaaaaaat!?" Chapter 1 - I guess
Sayaka wasn't that innocent
after all huh? I guess that explains why
she really didn't want to share a room with Makoto.
I really liked how this case unfolded and even though the class trial was easy, I still liked that part quite a lot. It was instantly obvious who
the killer was the second I saw the 'numbers' in blood.
I mean come on LOL,
Virtue's Last Reward anyone?
I kinda
felt sorry for Leon too.
Anyway, I just started chapter 2 and I'm getting super strong
Virtue's Last Reward vibes again. The dead bodied disappearing like they never even died? "Reality isn't everything" on the blackboard? The school closed down a long time ago? Really dusty shelves in the library?
Hmm...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Just finished the game and ho-leeeee shit. I loved it. Everything about it. Can't wait for Part 2.

When I chose between this and Bravely Default back in February, I chose BD. Clearly, I chose wrong.

Edit: Oh, and of course Patrick complained about the 2-3 fan-service-y shots in the game and that certain chapter 2 reveal. Of course he did.

PKrockin

Just finished the game and ho-leeeee shit. I loved it. Everything about it. Can't wait for Part 2.

When I chose between this and Bravely Default back in February, I chose BD. Clearly, I chose wrong.

Edit: Oh, and of course Patrick complained about the 2-3 fan-service-y shots in the game and that certain chapter 2 reveal. Of course he did.

Don't you have the option not to go even if you happen to have the present at that point? So Patrick picked "yes, show me the fanservice" and then complained about it?

bigkrev

ダンガンロンパ ~ 13.5k

(From the NPD thread)

No idea if that includes CE ordered online and it definitly does not include digital, but considering they are bringing over the sequel, it looks like that is at least the break-even point on localizing a game like this

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Don't you have the option not to go even if you happen to have the present at that point? So Patrick picked "yes, show me the fanservice" and then complained about it?

I didn't have the thing to get that shot, but the other two I'm thinking of are:

Asahina in her underwear
and (and this barely qualifies)
when you're climbing the ladder with Kirigiri and you can almost, almost, almost see up her skirt.

In any case, they're all one shot - as minor as possible. That he even thought it warranted mentioning in a review smacks of... well, missing the point.

Labrys

Q20dIqO.png

mystery solved. i think that's everyone now.

Zeppeli

Banned
Apparently the PSP version has a fansub patch?

If I buy the PSP UMD for it, can I use the patch? Is it the same game as this? Thanks.

LX_Theo

Banned

If I buy the PSP UMD for it, can I use the patch? Is it the same game as this? Thanks.

Well, the fansub will be missing english audio, the official translation, school mode, and more. I'd say its highly suggested to get the official western release.

Can't comment on methods to do it, since I haven't tried anything of the sort on my PSP.

WTF is going on with case 2? From suspecting
Toko to then Byakuya to now Mondo!?

This case has been such a crazy rollercoaster. And to think I had it all figured out! o_O

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
any way to get more gifts and coins in school mode? or do I need to replay some parts of the main game?

If you want to do this you'll have to buy the PSP the Best version of DanganRonpa, rip the ISO and then apply the patch. It works only with that version, not the original one.

Chapter 2 complete!

I thought
Byakuya's reason for altering the crime scene
was fairly clever. That’s why he
stuck with Makoto for most of the case. He wanted to see if Makoto could figure it all out just in case Byakuya wanted to kill someone in the future - he basically wanted to know how clever he was.
And LOL at
Toko.
She has gone from one of the worst characters to one of the best!
Homicide Jill is amazing! Dat crazy face! Surely she’ll be the next to die?!? How can anyone not want to get rid of her now that they know who she is!?! But why does she call herself homicide Jill and not homicide Jack? Where did homicide Jill even come from?
Another question – does it get revealed what happened to
Leon’s ID card?
I’m also starting to really love Celeste. Dat tea meltdown! And damn does this game
make you feel sorry for the killers. Poor Mondo! : (

So I’ve just started chapter 3 and what the hell at
that photo of Mondo, Leon and Chihiro? It’s gotta be time jumping for sure.....perhaps the reason behind all of this is to punish these people for something that has already happened? The game has dropped quite a few clues to lead me to believe that a lot of time has passed since they were abducted. If not that then this has to be an alternate timeline.
Oh and by the way I’m watching the anime as I go inline with the game and I think the anime is actually really well done. Sure it cuts out a lot but considering its only 13 episodes long it seems to be doing a good job so far at explaining the most important stuff.

LX_Theo

Banned
Chapter 2 complete!

I thought
Byakuya's reason for altering the crime scene
was fairly clever. That’s why he
stuck with Makoto for most of the case. He wanted to see if Makoto could figure it all out just in case Byakuya wanted to kill someone in the future - he basically wanted to know how clever he was.
And LOL at
Toko.
She has gone from one of the worst characters to one of the best!
Homicide Jill is amazing! Dat crazy face! Surely she’ll be the next to die?!? How can anyone not want to get rid of her now that they know who she is!?! But why does she call herself homicide Jill and not homicide Jack? Where did homicide Jill even come from?
Another question – does it get revealed what happened to
Leon’s ID card?
I’m also starting to really love Celeste. Dat tea meltdown! And damn does this game
make you feel sorry for the killers. Poor Mondo! : (

So I’ve just started chapter 3 and what the hell at
that photo of Mondo, Leon and Chihiro? It’s gotta be time jumping for sure.....perhaps the reason behind all of this is to punish these people for something that has already happened? The game has dropped quite a few clues to lead me to believe that a lot of time has passed since they were abducted. If not that then this has to be an alternate timeline.
Oh and by the way I’m watching the anime as I go inline with the game and I think the anime is actually really well done. Sure it cuts out a lot but considering its only 13 episodes long it seems to be doing a good job so far at explaining the most important stuff.

In regards to what she calls herself...
Jill is generally considered the girl's equivalent to Jack. That is why. She took the name given to her by the internet and made it appropriate for her gender.

In regards to that person's ID...
Mondo was using Leon's ID. He broke his own, discovered Leon's ID, and switched them so he could keep using the idea for things.

The anime's biggest problem is that it goes through everything WAY too fast. If you didn't already know what was happening... Then I could only imagine how confusing some parts would be.

Dantis

Finished.

My feelings are mixed. I thought some bits were excellent, some bits were average, and some bits were terrible.

I really disliked the overarching plot. It was just nonsensical and silly.

My favourite parts were the actual murder investigations. They were so smartly put together, and I loved how you could pick up on who the killer is through little clues strewn about.

EDIT: This post probably sounded a lot more negative than I intended. I like the game a lot.

any way to get more gifts and coins in school mode? or do I need to replay some parts of the main game?

You have to replay the main game, though completing school mode each run nets you 200 coins.

You can just speed through the trials since you can select to start from there instead of doing all the investigation and junk.

Chapter 5's is pretty short.

You can also get presents from the extra menu from the main menu too.

PK Gaming

So without further ado!

English dub cast

I didn't list all of the VAs. If you want information on some of the other voiced characters:

Genocide Jill: Erin Fitzgerald
(Significant spoilers!!!)
Mastermind: Amanda Miller & Erin Fitzgerald

In regards to what she calls herself...
Jill is generally considered the girl's equivalent to Jack. That is why. She took the name given to her by the internet and made it appropriate for her gender.

In regards to that person's ID...
Mondo was using Leon's ID. He broke his own, discovered Leon's ID, and switched them so he could keep using the idea for things.

The anime's biggest problem is that it goes through everything WAY too fast. If you didn't already know what was happening... Then I could only imagine how confusing some parts would be.

Oh duh!
Jack and Jill.
Of course! Total brain fart from me.

Thanks for the answers.....they both make perfect sense.

So without further ado!

English dub cast

I didn't list all of the VAs. If you want information on some of the other voiced characters:

Genocide Jill: Erin Fitzgerald
Mastermind: Amanda Miller & Erin Fitzgerald

I imagine we're not likely to know who plays
Usami
until closer to SDR2 are we though

Superman

Had my eye on this for awhile... Decided to buy this morning on PSN. All I can say is wow! What an intro! Brilliant varied cast. Can't wait to delve deeper.

Oh wow...case 3 certainly was elaborate, which fits
Celeste’s character perfectly!
Not for one second did I
get suspicious of Yasuhiro,
that was waaaaay too obvious. I actually suspected
Celeste early on since she seemed to always be popping up and saying stuff a lot at key points when things were going wrong. Hifumi not really being dead completely went over my head,
I actually thought at multiple points that
Kiyotaka was faking his death. It also never occurred to be that two killers would be working together. Screw you Hifumi (the worst character) for killing one of my favourites! And I’m also sad that Celeste had to die....I really liked her a lot. Her voice acting for her meltdown at the end of the class trial was amazing
...like some of the best voice acting I’ve ever heard in a videogame amazing! The way these cases come together is so clever. I just wish the ‘bigger plot’ outside of the class trials was a bit more interesting. Anyway, chapter 4 here I come!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Chapter 3
CELESTE WHYYYYYy

Happy to be done with the trial, because I really don't enjoy them, and as such excited to go on with the story in chapter four. :) Bring on some free time and investigation pls

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Also just finished Chapter 3

i knew Celeste was up to some shit when she said "i saw a shadow running down the hall!" but it was still a wild ride

pumped for some free time so i can go hang out with my waifus kyoko and hina

Trigger

So i beat the game how many ending does this game have? and do i have to play the school mode thing?

Only one full ending. School mode is an extra way to complete the report card section and see a few scenes with the cast. It's not necessary unless you want to platinum the game and all that jazz.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish the trial system was done in classic ace attorney fashion, everything else about the game is awesome.

I'm gettin old and conservative I guess :p

Top Bottom